Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: One Royal Hangover

The ladies deal with the fallout from naughty New Year's Eve high jinks. Meanwhile, Marissa receives positive press for her restaurant; Caroline Fleming visits her grandmother in Denmark; and Caroline Stanbury tries to evade gossip.

Caroline talking about missing her kids' childhoods made me laugh.  She could not care less about those kids.  If her business weren't failing she would not say any of that and she would continue living with her army of nannies raising her kids. 

I don't know if I'm Team Juliet because I think she overreacts about almost everything, but if Juliet "humped" Cem on NYE, Caroline would be dragging her.  It wouldn't be funny.

• Love 11

I'm going to invoke the doctrine of both right. Juliet overreacted and Caroline was a little bit inappropriate. They both should have apologized for letting it get out of hand. However, Caroline S is such nasty sour cow. There was no need to take her apology back. There was no need to make fun Marissa's hotdog photo. It was a huge get. Caroline had to spill her big glass of haterade all over it. "I've been in the Times loads of times, but I'd never want to be there with a picture like this." Marissa's in there repping her business, which is a sight more than Caroline ever did for her business. Marissa might look a fool with her hotdog smile, but going all out to make her business successful makes me respect her more than Caroline who sits back eating her jelly tots and wearing her posh frocks when her business is crumbling and her children don't know who the fuck she is. That being said, I still think the hotdog restaurant is dumb.

Julie is so insecure and needs a ton of validation, which makes her so damn messy. There was no need to play runteldat with Annabelle. Messy!

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 20

Caroline seems to just get her make-up done in the office, so I don't know why she's so exhausted after a day's work when she comes home to THREE little arms wrapping around her legs...  Two kids, three arms?  She is so laughably fake.

• Love 9

Oh God, I can't believe it but I'm liking Annabelle more and more.  I couldn't stand her last season.  And I'm liking Caroline less and less this season.  I kinda liked her last season.

Juliet had every right to call Caroline out on straddling her husband.  Annabelle said on WWHL that Caroline would definitely not like it if someone did that to her husband.  And Annabelle was right to call Caroline out on taking back her apology to Julie.  But then we have Juliet all over the place about whether or not she was upset with Caroline.  Juliet is a social climber...still don't like her.

I did enjoy the other Caroline scenes with her grandmother.  Very touching.

Who are the British to criticize American food...it's not like British food has a fantastic reputation.   Apparently they do love the American hamburger.  So why not hot dogs?

• Love 15

Gregory is a freaking saint.....how you can stand to be married to juliet is an accomplishment.  I bet the constant traveling helps...a lot.

I can almost guarantee this guy is either cheating or just plain to afraid to get a divorce due to financial reason.  He probably finds any chance he can to travel.  Pretty attractive guy.

Caroline talking about missing her kids' childhoods made me laugh.  She could not care less about those kids.  If her business weren't failing she would not say any of that and she would continue living with her army of nannies raising her kids. 

When someone is on the verge of losing everything, things come into perspective involuntarily.

new caroline is growing on me.  for a rich woman (supposedly), she is pretty grounded.

• Love 1

Well her husband seems to still be very wealthy and gainfully employed, so I somehow doubt that losing her vanity project will put her whole life into order.  She is upset that there will be egg on her face and everyone in their social circle and beyond will know that she failed.  But when that business goes under, she will be fine financially.  Does she spare any thought for her employees who will lose their jobs?  Doubt it.

When someone is on the verge of losing everything, things come into perspective involuntarily.
  • Love 14

I'm going to invoke the doctrine of both right. Juliet overreacted and Caroline was a little bit inappropriate. They both should have apologized for letting it get out of hand. However, Caroline S is such nasty sour cow. There was no need to take her apology back. There was no need to make fun Marissa's hotdog photo. It was a huge get. Caroline had to spill her big glass of haterade all over it. "I've been in the Times loads of times, but I'd never want to be there with a picture like this." Marissa's in there repping her business, which is a sight more than Caroline ever did for her business. Marissa might look a fool with her hotdog smile, but going all out to make her business successful makes me respect her more than Caroline who sits back eating her jelly tots and wearing her posh frocks when her business is crumbling and her children don't know who the fuck she is. That being said, I still think the hotdog restaurant is dumb.

Julie is so insecure and needs a ton of validation, which makes her so damn messy. There was no need to play runteldat with Annabelle. Messy!

I didn't dig the hot dog ad.  But I can't stand Marissa, so honestly, I wasn't paying much attention to it.  I was puzzled how all these broads were laughing so hard at it.  Guess it's to be expected Caroline S would snark on it.  Predictable for her.  Yawn.  Looking at it again, I see it was a bit clever & sorta eye-catching to have the hot dog in the shape of her smile, rather than the way Danish Caroline was saying she would go at it.  Nah, that would have been too obvious & vulgar for a newspaper ad, for her to be shoveling it in her mouth.

I was thinking this show couldn't exist without Caroline S & her snark, but she's going so overboard with it, she's really ick.  Was expecting the usual tantrum from Juliet.  Did we get it?  Kinda/sorta.  Guess we'll get more of it next ep.  Seems tantrums are all Juliet has to offer.  Btw, is her husband's name Gregor or Gregory?

So is Annabelle going for a massive image change or what?  I mean, anyone catch her on WWHL?  She was laughing & laughing & laughing & laughing.  And then she laughed some more.  I was rubbing eyes in disbelief.  WTF??  Or did she just change her meds and/or increase the dosage of her uppers?  Idk, but she is making a definite effort to be nicer on this show.  Cut that shit out right now, Annabelle, cuz it's disconcerting & I don't like it or expect it of you, hun.  Not.  At.  All.  Get back to being depressing, sour, dour, mean as all hell & snarking & looking down on everyone around.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

So is Annabelle going for a massive image change or what?  I mean, anyone catch her on WWHL?  She was laughing & laughing & laughing & laughing.  And then she laughed some more.  I was rubbing eyes in disbelief.  WTF??  Or did she just change her meds & increase the dosage of her uppers?  Idk, but she is making a definite effort to be nicer on this show.  Cut that shit out right now, Annabelle, cuz it's disconcerting & I don't like it or expect it of you, hun.  Not.  At.  All.  Get back to being depressing, sour, dour, mean as all hell & snarking & looking down on everyone around.

Nope.  just saw her on andy's show.  she is repulsive on how she snoots at others.  i'm guessing she is on a lot of pain killers (vicodin/norco - muscle relaxant) hence, the chill annabelle..

Marissa' s hot dog smile looks more natural than Caroline s. Also, have none of the non-Americans ever given a blow job or seen a penis because there was nothing lewd or phallic about Marissas's photo it clearly was mimicking a smile and avoiding the obvious penis imagery, plus it was a great get before even opening and she acknowledged the photo/article was because of connections.

Also, Juliet stop making it seem like Caroline S was grinding up on your hubby, their genitals were several feet apart and clearly he thought you were making a big deal about nothing.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12

I definitely didn't think Caroline 1 was doing any kind of lewd humping whatsoever.  I'm super easygoing about most things, not competitive, not confrontational, but I have this weird, wicked jealous streak that makes me want to tear off the face of any woman who flirts with my husband, and I wouldn't have even flinched at that completely non-sexual display. She thought she was being funny, she wasn't, and for me, that was the whole extent of it.  Alcohol made the non-issue an issue.  This whole episode was boring for me, except for the smear of mascara under Marissa's eye on New Year's morning.  I hate that shit, when I've worn heavy eye makeup for a special occasion,  and then when I try to wash it off, the mascara just keeps showing up, forever.

• Love 2

I can see why they laughed at Marissa's ad. It was silly and supposed to make you laugh. Anyway she is far my favorite so I don't care. She is the biggest climber of the bunch to me.

Annabelle was funny in the show after with Heather from OC. She looked pretty and relaxes...maybe on pills but itmworks for her, lol. But she does love flaunting her closeness to celebrities, i.e Kate and Naomi, for someone who is so snobbish about other people's behaviors. Or maybe that was all Andy...who knows.

I don't think Caroline S. meant any harm in the couch humping. Caroline S. did not directly straddle Juliet's husband, grind on him, or hump him - she did not touch him at all and only did an awkward humping motion in the air. I think everyone was pretty drunk at that point. I laughed when Juliet said that her husband is very reserved because he actually seemed amused by Caroline's antics, not bothered. I think an apology was order and that's that. It was annoying hearing Juliet go on and on about the situation.

• Love 8

I can see why they laughed at Marissa's ad. It was silly and supposed to make you laugh. Anyway she is far my favorite so I don't care. She is the biggest climber of the bunch to me.

Annabelle was funny in the show after with Heather from OC. She looked pretty and relaxes...maybe on pills but itmworks for her, lol. But she does love flaunting her closeness to celebrities, i.e Kate and Naomi, for someone who is so snobbish about other people's behaviors. Or maybe that was all Andy...who knows.

I thought she looked overfilled or something, she looked a little weird to me.

The name dropping/fame ho thing was all Andy but she didn't mind talking about them, that's for sure.

Both Juliet and Caroline were a little bit wrong and a little bit right. Caroline should probably have not straddled Juliet's husband, but it was pretty clear that they were all shit faced. Gregor didn't even seen to know what was going on. I think it was ok for Juliet to be pissed...for about 5 seconds, then get over it girl. I mean really, I don't think Caroline has designs on your man and you were all drunk off your asses. To let this thing continue was just shit stirring. I loved the look on Juliet's face when Julie said on camera that Caroline had threatened to ruin her. Her nervous look told me that Juliet was carrying on about it after the fact, engaging in hyperbole, because I doubt that Julie would make it up or Caroline would care enough to even threaten to "wipe the floor" with Juliet.

I did appreciate that most of the women allowed themselves to be filmed the night after NYE. Marissa had big mascara smears under her eyes. Good for her for not having a makeup artists at the ready 24/7.

Caroline is bringing the snark this season, which I love. But I find her disregard of her crumbling business whilst getting her makeup done at the office certainly points to this being a vanity project. We all know that

she flew off to a skiing vacation when her company went into bankruptcy.

That's pretty cowardly, IMO.

I didn't Mind Marissa's hot dog ad, and it certainly got her press. I don't know why any of the others would have a problem with free publicity.

Next week is Julie JUB pitch, I am already cringing

Edited by OnceSane
added spoiler tags
  • Love 6

I would not like to hang out with Julie especially for lunch due to annoying eating habits. This is the second week in a row she ordered vegetables when others ate food. Last week she left the very nice looking bread uneaten next to her soup and this week she orders a side of kale with a side salad? No thanks, I'll take Marissa's big American hot dog.

• Love 6

If I had to choose I would pick Carolne S's shoe closet over Caroline F's.

Did Julie get that bod using yoga? I might have to rethink my more aggresive exercise stance.

Props to Annabelle for her mediation attempts. Though I'm not sure what she accomplished walking out of the party rather than stating her case then and there. Maybe she's playing both ends against the middle.

Marissa didn't completely annoy me this go-round. Maybe because others were more annoying.

Caroline S kinda' bugs. As does her sister. And Juliet needs to either grow up or get over her "bad" self. Shit happens.

Oh, and, Gift Library? Doomed from day one. imho

Edited by NewDigs

I loved the look on Juliet's face when Julie said on camera that Caroline had threatened to ruin her. Her nervous look told me that Juliet was carrying on about it after the fact, engaging in hyperbole, because I doubt that Julie would make it up or Caroline would care enough to even threaten to "wipe the floor" with Juliet.

Caroline admitted to her husband that she had made the "wipe the floor" comment to Juliet.

• Love 5

Did Julie get that bod using yoga? I might have to rethink my more aggresive exercise stance.

Probably that in addition to cycling all over London.  

On a somewhat related note, what is with the yellow blonde hair on the blondes this year?  Their TH's look absolutely hideous.

• Love 1

Some random observations, a few which have already been pointed out:

1) Sophie is a mean girl

2) Marissa's NYE dress was FUGLY

3) Juliet badly needed to brush her hair before the Jan 1 brunch

4) Caroline S and Sophie really get off on feeling superior to everyone else. Hope that sustains them.

• Love 3

So is Annabelle going for a massive image change or what?  I mean, anyone catch her on WWHL?  She was laughing & laughing & laughing & laughing.  And then she laughed some more.  I was rubbing eyes in disbelief.  WTF??  Or did she just change her meds and/or increase the dosage of her uppers?  Idk, but she is making a definite effort to be nicer on this show.  Cut that shit out right now, Annabelle, cuz it's disconcerting & I don't like it or expect it of you, hun.  Not.  At.  All.  Get back to being depressing, sour, dour, mean as all hell & snarking & looking down on everyone around.

Yes, I caught it, and usually I avoid WWHL like the plague.  I wanted to hear what Heather would say about Cancer-gate.  

I was thinking Annabelle's horseback riding accident must have given her a bit of humility.  She even seemed nicer to Juliet at the lunch table on the regular show, and last year she treated her like Kelly "I'm up here, you're down there" Bensimon.

Marissa mentioned something about Caroline's intention to wipe the floor with Juliet?  They must be copying RHOC--taking the Beadors down.

• Love 1

Yeah, I need this show to stop trying to make Sophie happen. I find her just as useful and relevant as Kim Granatell or Kim D.

For all the talk of Juliet being up Caroline's ass, Caroline is rolling with a rectal Greek chorus. She's got her make up gay Luke and Sophie constantly at her side.

• Love 5

1. Its so very rich for Juliet to make a comment about how Caroline wouldn't "own her wrongs."  Did she ever own her part in basically asking Marisa to throw her a party and then backing out at the last minute and shopping around a Thanksgiving to someone else?  In fact does Juliet ever, ever own anything she has ever done wrong?  It feels like karmic justice for Caroline to refuse to apologize to Juliet.

2. Juliet way overreacted IMO.  I doubt Caroline was making a play for her man while having Julie snap pictures of her basically standing over him in a unicorn outfit.  Gregor all but rolled his eyes at Juliet continuously.  It's nothing I would do with a friends husband, but at the same time it clearly wasn't Caroline having any ill intent and if Juliet was bothered she should have spoken to her about it later.

3.  Ultimately, I think the one person that can bring Caroline down will be Julie.  Caroline can get away with being super snarky, bordering on mean because no one shows how hurt they are by it.  But when someone starts crying, people start looking at the person who made someone cry like a monster.  Someone said there is a thin line between cruel and snark -- and it starts to look more like cruelty when you're directing your snark at someone who won't fight back.

4. Clearly Caroline is just jealous of Marissa's press exposure at this point.  But Caroline's idea isn't really new anymore, so she isn't going to be able to get the same press.  I think Cem (who I think is the hottest husband) is right, she has lost her personal drive for the business.  When she was in the office at Christmas and there was a problem with a supplier she didn't even put in a personal call to figure out a solution.  I think hot dogs may be a good idea -- don't Londoners like sausages?  I think a premium hot dog would be a little like a banger, or sausage in a bun.

• Love 6

I'm not sure that we all know that (i.e., the rest of the sentence).  I didn't.  Should there be a spoiler tag?

I did not know this either.  Now that the cat's out of the bag, I'm not surprised, and don't much care what that boorish Brit does.

• Love 1

I don't think Caroline S. meant any harm in the couch humping. Caroline S. did not directly straddle Juliet's husband, grind on him, or hump him - she did not touch him at all and only did an awkward humping motion in the air. I think everyone was pretty drunk at that point. I laughed when Juliet said that her husband is very reserved because he actually seemed amused by Caroline's antics, not bothered. I think an apology was order and that's that. It was annoying hearing Juliet go on and on about the situation.

Did Caroline ever actually apologize though?  I don't think she did; all she did was that thing people do when they're caught doing something they shouldn't but don't want to admit it - she tried to play it off like it was nothing and she hadn't done anything inappropriate and that the other person was the one who was wrong for even making an issue of it.  That strategy is bound to infuriate the person who is calling them out and will just make them dig their heels in harder because their concerns are being dismissed entirely without any acknowledgment or apology.

When Juliet told Caroline is was "not cool" all Caroline had to do was say, "You're right darling, I shouldn't have been straddling your husband on the couch.  I blame it on the drink, and I'm sorry."

But she couldn't squeeze those words out of her mouth, so now we have this mess.  Just like she took back her apology to Julie and blew that up again, even after Julie had said it was ok since she had apologized.  Caroline can't ever apologize when she goes too far, and when she does, she fucking takes it back.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 11

Did Caroline ever actually apologize though?  I don't think she did; all she did was that thing people do when they're caught doing something they shouldn't but don't want to admit it - she tried to play it off like it was nothing and she hadn't done anything inappropriate and that the other person was the one who was wrong for even making an issue of it.  That strategy is bound to infuriate the person who is calling them out and will just make them dig their heels in harder because their concerns are being dismissed entirely without any acknowledgment or apology.

When Juliet told Caroline is was "not cool" all Caroline had to do was say, "You're right darling, I shouldn't have been straddling your husband on the couch.  I blame it on the drink, and I'm sorry."

But she couldn't squeeze those words out of her mouth, so now we have this mess.  Just like she took back her apology to Julie and blew that up again, even after Julie had said it was ok since she had apologized.  Caroline can't ever apologize when she goes too far, and when she does, she fucking takes it back.

But what makes it all interesting to me is this is exactly how Juliet behaves when someone else calls her out for something.  I don't think she ever said sorry to Marissa and she tried all sorts of ways to deflect, argue it wasn't a big deal and guilt Marissa over it.

It can't be fun for Juliet to get a taste of her own medicine, but I find it entertaining.

• Love 5

I like Julie and get her personality but I don't think she looks anywhere near healthy. She looks like she doesn't get enough protein or fat. Did she say she was a vegetarian? I can't remember. I thought it was my tv but week after week her hair, especially, looks like a badly messed up dye job.

It must suck to feel like you have to take on saving the estate by pedaling and peddling jub balls. Does anyone know the nutritional content like calories, fat and protein? I don't think I'd eat those but I would take a yoga class with her. She seems to be a gentle soul.

What was once amusing with Caroline s. Last season has turned to cruel. I don't think it's funny anymore. I only like watching her now for her clothes and style.

Juliet is a pest.

I can't believe that these ladies aren't older than their stated ages.

Yes, and get rid of Sophie. I'm always wtf is she here for Again?

• Love 6

Almost all of their hair seems to look like crap.

I know that lighting can be blamed for the yellow hues but, don't they use shampoo? Use combs and/or brushes?

That first Caroline F appearance I called her hair "shitty extensions" and now it looks like that's maybe really her hair.

Not to belabor a point BUT did yoga give Julie those upper arms?

• Love 1

I like Julie and get her personality but I don't think she looks anywhere near healthy. She looks like she doesn't get enough protein or fat. Did she say she was a vegetarian? I can't remember. I thought it was my tv but week after week her hair, especially, looks like a badly messed up dye job.

It must suck to feel like you have to take on saving the estate by pedaling and peddling jub balls. Does anyone know the nutritional content like calories, fat and protein? I don't think I'd eat those but I would take a yoga class with her. She seems to be a gentle soul.

What was once amusing with Caroline s. Last season has turned to cruel. I don't think it's funny anymore. I only like watching her now for her clothes and style.

Juliet is a pest.

I can't believe that these ladies aren't older than their stated ages.

Yes, and get rid of Sophie. I'm always wtf is she here for Again?

I don't know if Julie is a vegetarian, she didn't seem to have a problem eating meat during their dinner at the estate last year.  I think Julie should eat more though -- she is at lunch ordering a salad with a side of kale.  Who does that and why?  Unless you just came from eating, but it looked like they were all meeting for lunch.

I like Julie too -- and I think that they should consider selling Mapperton.  Someone would likely buy the home and work with the government to keep it up as a tourist site.  Not only would they get money, but they would save considerable money.  The upkeep on those old estates has to be very heavy, and if you don't have the money to do it I'm sure it falls into disrepair quickly.  Her husband should be using his title to get some sort of high paying job (I'm sure you can still use a title to get a good job, even if you don't really deserve it).  They can afford a decent sized house, she can keep her title and hire some staff.  But it just ruins the entire image of royalty if you really live in a cramped flat and you're trying to sell your balls to raise money.  

Caroline is at her most unlikable when she is snarking on someone like Julie, IMO.  Its no fun when you're watching someone snark on someone who is weak, won't fight back and is crying.  It makes Caroline just look mean even though she doesn't mean to be.

• Love 9

Probably that in addition to cycling all over London.  

On a somewhat related note, what is with the yellow blonde hair on the blondes this year?  Their TH's look absolutely hideous.

It's really strange cuz in some scenes (and TH's) most of the blondes look OK & then sometimes they all look positively dreadful.  Is it lighting or crappy London weather?  To me, Julie's hair always looks like a disaster -- lank, no style & a horrible neon canary yellow.  Hideous.  I just figure it's indicative that she's got no dough & certainly has none to spend on her hair.  And sometimes the Carolines' hair looks greenish.  Ew.  But the thing is, they both have nicely colored hair, so my theory is the production on this show is cheap as hell.  The blaring/awful music, the poor lighting & the choppy editing give this show a really cheapish feel.

Man, that Sophie is one horrible woman.  Ick, yuck & feh.  She's this show's Faye Resnick.  Make her go away -- quick.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

I haven't noticed anything odd about Julie's diet nor do I get the impression that her eating is disordered/unhealthy.

I do agree that her husband needs to sell the estate. I don't know how it works in royal circles (like if it's frowned upon to sell family estates), but they will be bleeding money the entire time they own the property. It must be nice to have a place to retreat to outside of the city, but it's not worth it if the costs are huge and you're not Oprah.

• Love 2

I don't know if Julie is a vegetarian, she didn't seem to have a problem eating meat during their dinner at the estate last year.  I think Julie should eat more though -- she is at lunch ordering a salad with a side of kale.  Who does that and why?  Unless you just came from eating, but it looked like they were all meeting for lunch.

I like Julie too -- and I think that they should consider selling Mapperton.  Someone would likely buy the home and work with the government to keep it up as a tourist site.  Not only would they get money, but they would save considerable money.  The upkeep on those old estates has to be very heavy, and if you don't have the money to do it I'm sure it falls into disrepair quickly.  Her husband should be using his title to get some sort of high paying job (I'm sure you can still use a title to get a good job, even if you don't really deserve it).  They can afford a decent sized house, she can keep her title and hire some staff.  But it just ruins the entire image of royalty if you really live in a cramped flat and you're trying to sell your balls to raise money.  

Caroline is at her most unlikable when she is snarking on someone like Julie, IMO.  Its no fun when you're watching someone snark on someone who is weak, won't fight back and is crying.  It makes Caroline just look mean even though she doesn't mean to be.

Julie is an easy target for Caroline.  Too easy.  But it's no-win for Caroline to pick on her cuz Julie is basically a nice woman.  Sheesh, every time I look at Julie, I shake my head & say, "oh, the poor thing."  I mean she always looks soooo drained, exhausted & tired out.  Man, who would want her life?  Not me, that's for sure.  She's gotta chase around those kids & run all over London teaching yoga classes to make a few pounds, and then go back to that dreary estate, which only sucks up the little available dough she does have.  Oh & then there's the husband, who's so concerned about the estate, but who's never around for her & seems to not care one bit about her.  Ugh, what a shitty life.  No wonder she always looks like hell.  I mean, seriously, someone should be there slapping Caroline every time she snarks on this poor, poor woman.

• Love 6

Anything that did not happen in this episode is off-topic. This includes spoiler information such as vacations and the current status of Caroline S.'s business. Use spoiler tags or take it to appropriate thread.

• Love 1

Julie is an easy target for Caroline.  Too easy.  But it's no-win for Caroline to pick on her cuz Julie is basically a nice woman.  Sheesh, every time I look at Julie, I shake my head & say, "oh, the poor thing."  I mean she always looks soooo drained, exhausted & tired out.  Man, who would want her life?  Not me, that's for sure.  She's gotta chase around those kids & run all over London teaching yoga classes to make a few pounds, and then go back to that dreary estate, which only sucks up the little available dough she does have.  Oh & then there's the husband, who's so concerned about the estate, but who's never around for her & seems to not care one bit about her.  Ugh, what a shitty life.  No wonder she always looks like hell.  I mean, seriously, someone should be there slapping Caroline every time she snarks on this poor, poor woman.

Julie is an easy target for Caroline because, like you say, she is so sweet tempered and good natured (or at least she plays it well on TV).  And I think Caroline is maybe the tiniest bit jealous that Julie has a title and she doesn't.  Caroline has a great life, but sometimes super driven people can only think about the things they don't have, not all the great things they do have.

I feel really bad for Julie -- whatever she is making on this show can't even be putting a dent in the amount it takes to upkeep Mapperton.  And I can not fathom how these balls are going to bring in over 200k a year in pure profit....or yoga.  The poor woman looks like she hasn't had her hair touched by a professional in years.  

I imagine that there is someone out there who just wants the pedigree of having a royal working at their company and would pay big bucks for it.  His Rolodex alone has to be worth something even if he didn't do any real work.  And don't his parents live there?  How many people do you need to care for the estate?  Does anyone in that family besides Julie have a real job?  And never mind that while he is "taking care of the estate" she is working with the yoga, doing the balls and caring for 4 kids!  Madness!

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 4

This show has taken such a rapid downhill trajectory this season.  I'm still watching for the London background scenery, but in my opinion the over the top "drama" screams to me of manufacture and manipulation. If it is all real the fights are making them look pathetic. I hope the salaries they're earning were worth it because few, if any, are coming off very well at all. I wish they would just follow these women around while dining, shopping, attending events, etc. and leave out the nonsensical squabbles. 

• Love 4

I'm not wild about the Baroness but I did find the scene with her grandmother somewhat touching. It came across as far less Bravo production staff manipulated than Humpgate/Thanksbirthdaygate/Yogagate/infinity. I always find these shows the best when they are actually doing things they really do in real life and are interacting with people that they actually have relationships with.

Sophie is a rabid bitch but, ooooh, does she have a gorgeous mane or what?

Marissa scored points with me for allowing herself to be filmed with with the masacara smears.

• Love 4

Random thoughts - I didn't think Caroline S.  humping Juliet's husband was a big deal but I guess it drums up drama so there's that.  Agree with other posters - make Caroline S's SIL go away (I am too lazy to remember her name but she is obnoxious).

As to Julie's low-rent hair color, she'll fix it for next season after all the viewer complaints.  She is probably mortified when she sees her hair in HD like the rest of us.  I know Julie's pinching pennies but can't she get some hair stylist a few mins. of free air time/advertising in exchange for a few comped dye jobs?   Caroline S. must do that with her make-up artist.  Take notes Julie!

I think having Julie's life would be positively exhausting and not fun EVER ...  I realize Julie's husband has to be at Mapperton all time but am I the only one giving a little side-eye there?

On the fence about Annabelle this season.  I hated her last season but I am warming up a tad regarding her.   She seems a little more humbled this season - maybe due to her accident?  I dunno.  Then I started hating Annabelle again last night when I watched WWHL because Andy mentioned she's doing a book about Alexander McQueen.  Enough with the fucking McQueen angle already.  We got it.  I was tortured enough with that crap last season and now Annabelle's milking this again with a BOOK?  Oy.  I.just.can't.

Marissa's hot dog ad was fine, I thought.  I mean it wasn't like she was eating the hot dog or anything - it just looked like a smile.  Caroline S. was snarking due to a little jealousy, perhaps?

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 3

Random thoughts - I didn't think Caroline S.  humping Juliet's husband was a big deal but I guess it drums up drama so there's that.  Agree with other posters - make Caroline S's SIL go away (I am too lazy to remember her name but she is obnoxious).

As to Julie's low-rent hair color, she'll fix it for next season after all the viewer complaints.  She is probably mortified when she sees in in HD like the rest of us.  I think having Julie's life would be positively exhausting and not fun EVER ...  I realize Julie's husband has to be at Mappington all time but am I the only one giving a little side-eye there?

I'm giving side eye because I remember his mother and father also being there at Mapperton.  How many of them need to be there to run the estate?  Can anyone besides Julie have a real job?  And why must she have a job and work on selling balls and take care of the children?  Is no one else interested in the dismal financial state that they are ALL in?  Why can't leverage his title for a good paying, do nothing job at some financial firm that wants access to aristocracy?  I just think its unfair that EVERYTHING falls on her shoulders.  Does managing Mapperton mean he can never leave it to at least give her some time to take a break?  

• Love 7
I think having Julie's life would be positively exhausting and not fun EVER ...  I realize Julie's husband has to be at Mapperton all time but am I the only one giving a little side-eye there?

I've been giving him HUGE side-eye all season once I realized that Julie is running herself ragged and living in a tiny hovel in order to Save Mapperton! while he is at the big house in the country all the time.  He seems like a shit husband to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 15

I've been giving him HUGE side-eye all season once I realized that Julie is running herself ragged and living in a tiny hovel in order to Save Mapperton! while he is at the big house in the country all the time.  He seems like a shit husband to me.

Preach!  I think Julie's paying a helluva price for the title of Lady Hitchingbrook (or whatever the heck it is).  And please ..... seriously, was a poster upthread being facetious when they said Julie had to cycle all around because they couldn't afford another vehicle?  Did I make that up?  I know Julie's cycling all over God's green earth mainly for health reasons so say it isn't so.

I know I'm in the minority here but Julie just doesn't look healthy to me.  She looks skinny but not healthy.  Now I must admit I was only half watching last night's episode while folding laundry but posters were remarking on how great Julie's upper arms looked so I will have to check that out. 

• Love 2

I know I'm in the minority here but Julie just doesn't look healthy to me.  She looks skinny but not healthy.  Now I must admit I was only half watching last night's episode while folding laundry but posters were remarking on how great Julie's upper arms looked so I will have to check that out. 

I agree about Julie not looking particularly healthy -- but I feel like some of that has to be that hair.

• Love 3

I'm giving side eye because I remember his mother and father also being there at Mapperton.  How many of them need to be there to run the estate?  Can anyone besides Julie have a real job?  And why must she have a job and work on selling balls and take care of the children?  Is no one else interested in the dismal financial state that they are ALL in?  Why can't leverage his title for a good paying, do nothing job at some financial firm that wants access to aristocracy?  I just think its unfair that EVERYTHING falls on her shoulders.  Does managing Mapperton mean he can never leave it to at least give her some time to take a break?  

I could see busting my ass to try and keep Mapperton afloat if I was Julie's husband and the estate had been in my family for generations.  However, Julie seems to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown, single-handedly trying to save the estate by herself.  And if Julie's husband has some side-piece/random hiding somewhere in the woodwork I'm gonna whip some ass.  Julie's taking care of 4 kids by herself, working, trying to run a new business ... 

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 7

Preach!  I think Julie's paying a helluva price for the title of Lady Hitchingbrook (or whatever the heck it is).  And please ..... seriously, was a poster upthread being facetious when they said Julie had to cycle all around because they couldn't afford another vehicle?  Did I make that up?  I know Julie's cycling all over God's green earth mainly for health reasons so say it isn't so.

You didn't make that up.  I vaguely remember hearing she bicycles to save money on taxis because they can't afford a car.

You didn't make that up.  I vaguely remember hearing she bicycles to save money on taxis because they can't afford a car.

Naw, naw, naw.  That is just so many shades of wrong.  Julie's husband's family should be so ashamed.  At least give the lady a car.  How does Julie shuttle all those kids to their school functions, activities, etc.?  The weather in England is cold and wet and sucky for a good part of the year.  Who would want to be out biking in that?  I give Julie every pass in the free world regarding her hair now.  My bad.

• Love 8

I could see busting my ass to try and keep Mapperton afloat if I was Julie's husband and the estate had been in my family for generations.  However, Julie seems to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown, single-handedly trying to save the estate by herself.  And if Julie's husband has some side-piece/random hiding somewhere in the woodwork I'm gonna whip some ass.  Julie's taking care of 4 kids by herself, working, trying to run a new business ... 

This had better not turn out to be some "I'm not working a real gig cause I have a side piece" story -- cause I can book a flight to London in a minute too :)

Poor girl, I almost feel like she was bamboozled into the marriage.

• Love 6