Type keyword(s) to search

Craft Corner: If You're Crafty And You Know It - Make It!

BabyVegas
  • Start Topic

You combined my decorating colors, blue and green, with my favorite clothes color purple. I love how the color choices and how you placed the colors make the classic pattern a bold modern look. 
Do you sell them? My mother in law was a quilter, the old fashioned way woth quilting racks thst she had made. They were four metal bars for the corners and long wooden sticks. You would start small and extend out as you hand stitched. They were poor so hers were never color coordinated but they were beautiful. Well she did have a couple that she made special for gifts that were specific colors. I remember when I graduated high school she called me over and had me pick out a quilt. She was a little down because it wss a rainy day and she had wanted to put them out on the clothes line for me to choose from.

I miss her every day.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

So glad I discovered this forum.   I quilt.  As many of  you know, I do family law in the day job.   Quilting is how I relax.   The sewing can be almost zen.  Plus when you are done you have a pretty project that STAYS done.   Unlike a custody case where you may be back EVERY SINGLE YEAR arguing about something.

Here's one project I finished several years ago but it remains my favorite.

Beach quilt.jpg

What a beautiful quilt!  My crafts really help me relax too.  

I understand totally about family law.  I used to do employment law.  In that field everyone hates each other too.   Now I just do elder law, but sometimes we get guardianships where people hate each other!  I helped a doctor friend sue to get paid some fees, after the client, a trustee for a disabled person, decided he would stop paying after years of paying.  He was acting crazy and nasty like a family law client!  I think he had lost his mind.  Finally he settled. 

A couple of weeks ago, I took a short workshop (one hour) to learn the basics of Diamond Painting.  We each had time to cover two little crosses with various colors of the little gems (and each has a little cord looped in the top so you can hang them up as ornaments).  It was really fun and I hope to do more soon.  My goal is to get all of my arts/crafts supplies sorted out during my Christmas break (mainly cross-stitch and cake decorating supplies) and make room for new stuff.  I think part of the fun was that there was a group of us working on them and you could work and talk at the same time so we all just chatted away for the hour. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, BooksRule said:

A couple of weeks ago, I took a short workshop (one hour) to learn the basics of Diamond Painting.  We each had time to cover two little crosses with various colors of the little gems (and each has a little cord looped in the top so you can hang them up as ornaments).  It was really fun and I hope to do more soon.  My goal is to get all of my arts/crafts supplies sorted out during my Christmas break (mainly cross-stitch and cake decorating supplies) and make room for new stuff.  I think part of the fun was that there was a group of us working on them and you could work and talk at the same time so we all just chatted away for the hour. 

That sounds like fun. My weekly knitting group is like that. An hour or so of catching up and sharing our projects. We meet on zoom since Covid. 

• Like 2