Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: XX (2)

WendyCR72

I get that.  But why do the characters in these procedurals often have the same characteristics?  There should be a tally of all the female characters with a Tragic Past.  Is there no other way to make these characters interesting? 

I'm guessing no. But sometimes it works. But take this from someone that loved Robert Goren on L&O: CI - schizophrenic mother/drug-addict older brother (who went on to become president in Shonda Land, LOL! The actor obviously!), and then finding out his birth father was a killer. Just for full disclosure here. LOL!

It can and does get depressing, but I guess TPTB figure from personal demons comes a good performance. And they rarely come from a "normal" upbringing on screen.

And actors like meat.

I guess that's why, maybe? Otherwise, I don't know.

She said, "Have you forgotten why I NEVER see my husband? Attachments are liabilities.."

Rita is freewheeling. She's underground. Rita is not out in the open at a regular job. She has no attachments except a man she sees totally on the down low that nobody knows about.

I guess I thought she was saying, "Look at my lifestyle." Like, she's had to give up even the semblance of a normal life.

Kate is living a totally normal life in which Castle will still be hanging around. As they've seen, everyone around her is in danger if they even think these people know something.

Her keeping everyone in the dark while sticking around, and yes, forming attachments with them, then in Rita world, she is putting them in danger merely by being close to them.

And if she thinks merely by her moving out that Castle won't try to figure out what she's investigating, well, again, somebody is forgetting the entire embodiment of his character.

I guess that she should have known that merely moving out but still carrying on with her old life would put Castle in danger, because Castle would figure it out and wind up getting involved anyway, only he'll be in more danger, because he's in the dark.

I see your point, but that hadn't occurred to me while watching. I agree it makes sense that anyone involved could be in danger, but I don't know if they definitely are. Rita specifically told Kate Castle would be in danger if Locksat found out they were investigating the case together, not that Castle would be in danger no matter what. But I have a feeling we're going to see Kate trying to stay completely away from him, but not being able to resist when he keeps showing up.

I don't think the bad guys would kill everyone Kate knows, they would kill anyone they suspected of helping her (because they know too much) and the people she has personal ties with (to hurt her). A super villain has to have some limits.

Edited by KaveDweller

You know, this show has one job to do, entertain the audience by showing Beckett and Castle solve murders and catch killers. That's it. Every single time a story veers off into the murder of Kate's mother, involves her getting another job or refers to Castle's dad it ruins the show. Just run the play that works.

• Love 3