Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot / S01.E02: Hell Week

I thought the Deaf girl being decapitated by lawn mower was a possible nod to Sleepaway Camp 3

It reminded me of

Sinister

- put in spoiler quote, just in case, since it was out a few years ago. 

I don't understand how people found Chad entertaining. I can't stand him and want him to die. Chanel(the main one) sucks too. I like Grace and find her rootable.

It reminded me of

Sinister

- put in spoiler quote, just in case, since it was out a few years ago.

Ooh I haven't seen that film yet but it's possible that film got inspiration from Sleepaway camp

• Love 3

My favorite part was the random Serial shout-out by Denise and her friend: "You *know* nothin' bad never happened in a Best Buy parking lot!" ::beat:: ::both laugh hysterically::.

I was just watched last night and was just coming here to post this! At first I was like "No, they can't be talking about that...can they?" Damn!

I think the killer is the dad. He hates the sorority for what they did to Grace's mom and he only stalked Grace, could be trying to keep an eye on her.

• Love 1

I don't get Ryan Murphy's fascination with Emma Roberts. The girl cannot act. And it's not helping her career that he always casts her as the queen bitch. Is she incapable of another facial expression?

I don't know either. Lots of people speculate that it is an extension of his fascination with Julia.  I think it is more that Ryan has made some real genuine friendships with a lot of the actors on his show and that can bleed into how much he likes working with them.  He and Lea Michelle are supposed to be close and I know that he and his husband are really close to Matt Bomer and his husband and kids. 

I don't mind Emma when she plays more nuanced characters.  I do agree she is best when she plays a girl with an edge but not entirely evil.  I do appreciate the subversion with her career and not trying to be like Julia, ironically she is much more like her father in his acting than she would publicly admit. I did enjoy her in AHS: Coven especially the scenes where she grappled with the loss of human emotion.  My favorite performance (and Methodwriters) is hands down Scream 4.  I don't think she gets enough credit for her performance in that movie.  All in all she isn't a bad actress I just wished her character wasn't so over the top stereotypical.

I actually thought Emma was okay. The scene at the coffee shop was absolutely awful and her worse acting moment in my opinion but other than that I actually think she held her own and carried the show pretty well. Personally I found her more interesting than that blonde girl and Diego Boneta's continued employment on these shows continue to baffle me. I find him completely unmemorable as an actor.

He's not awful, just sort of there. Basically he's very beige. The only other person I thought was decent was Nick Jonas. I am actually confused by all the love for Lea Michele because she was kind of just there to me. The "how to dispose the body" scene was so over the top that I couldn't appreciate it because I was too busy rolling my eyes at those lines. Which is not to say I don't think she can't be awesome, I saw it plenty on Glee, but just that it wasn't happening on this show where she was pretty much an afterthought in my opinion. Were it not for the neck brace gag, she'd be completely forgettable in my opinion. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

To keep it short and sweet: I loved the show. I thought everything about it - from the dialogue, to the black humor, to the fashion - was fantastic. And I was mostly impressed with the cast, too. Only Abigail Breslin didn't do it for me, and that's because she seems to be miscast. She's a pretty girl, and a talented actress, but I just don't buy her as a mean sorority girl. On the other hand, I'm a little obsessed with Emma Roberts and Chanel #1. She absolutely killed it. I see a lot of hate for her on these boards, and I don't understand it. Is she the world's greatest actress? No, but she isn't nearly as bad as she's made out to be. Granted, I've only seen her in this, AHS, and Scream 4, but I've enjoyed her in all of those parts.

• Love 4

I don't mind Emma when she plays more nuanced characters.  I do agree she is best when she plays a girl with an edge but not entirely evil.  I do appreciate the subversion with her career and not trying to be like Julia, ironically she is much more like her father in his acting than she would publicly admit. I did enjoy her in AHS: Coven especially the scenes where she grappled with the loss of human emotion.  My favorite performance (and Methodwriters) is hands down Scream 4.  I don't think she gets enough credit for her performance in that movie.  All in all she isn't a bad actress I just wished her character wasn't so over the top stereotypical.

I thought she was fantastic in Scream 4 esp during the big revelation and everything afterwards. I'm kind of hoping its the same scenario in SQ too. 

Grace is the worst. She wore one stupid hat after another. Who told her she should wear hats? her father? The bastard.

I respectfully disagree. Grace isn't my favorite character, but at least she's not a bigoted, homicidal maniac like Chanel #1 either. As for the hats, at least they're not as horrific as most of Chanel #1's outfits, some of which almost made me pray for blindness.

More love for Denise. She seems like the voice of the audience, plus her being played by Niecy Nash doesn't hurt.

Edited by DollEyes

As mentioned earlier, too much going on

I thought it was a show that was more fun to have watched (because you could appreciate all the callbacks) than to actually watch.  It was too gory for me to enjoy as dark comedy; I was hoping for less overt violence, but that's my taste.

The deep fryer scene might have been a callback to Toxic Avenger, though it was one of the moments that took me out of the scene, because when a deep fryer is on, I don't care how self-absorbed you are, you notice the heat.  (It doesn't always seem dangerously hot, though, which might have been a complication.)

I suspect the Red Devil is more than one person, but which combination is an open question.

• Love 1

It was somewhat disappointing considering the hype but not far off from what I expected.

Emma as Chanel was ok but it was just too much, we got it she is awful.

Ariana as #2 - can't act but for the scene and the camp it work ok for me.

Billie as #3 - not much here trying to figure out if it is her acting or that # 3 is just kind of distant

Abigail as # 5- miscast, she does not fit the part at all - Her unhinged was too much too fast.  Like why is she all in Boone's ( Nick Jonas) face?

Skylar as Grace- Perfectly fine performance but she is the stable one and necessary to the show but never that interesting imo.

Diego as Pete - Ok borderline boring - They went a little heavy on the is he a bad guy or not stuff.

Keke as Zayday - Another ok performance  I think I could like her character more as it progresses.   But of all of them I have no idea why she is really there she seems to have no real investment or reason to stick around.

Lea as Hester - it was nice to see her in a new part and even if Hester is OTT I found her funny and enjoyable.   I like fringe characters though.

Nick as Boone- acting is iffy but I still like Boone the cuddling scene was kind of funny

Glen as Chad - he did a good job at being a douche but  need to be careful to not give him too much could be over done.

Neicy as Denise - Another fringe character who is OTT and I enjoyed it.  After the harsh insults maybe Denise and Hester's odd ball comedy is a relief.

Naism as Gigi - like her she is kooky and set up nicely with the stuck in the 90's thing.

Oliver as Wes - not much her yet  but Oliver does a nice job.

Jamie Lee as Dean Munch - I was expecting more I mean she did fine but she wasn't my favorite and I guess I was expecting to be more interested in the character.

Overall the show was ok but had some really unnecessary moments and some of the "comedy" fell flat.   Since it is a short series I will probably go ahead and keep watching just to see how it plays out.   

Ryan Murphy and the cast have said that they aren't in on who the killer is, but that a lot of the time Ryan will have them shoot the scene multiple times and each time he tells a different character to pretend that you are the killer in the scene so that he can get footage of each character looking or doing something suspicious that he could use in editing or a flashback at a later time. Pretty interesting way to structure the show.

At first I read it as both Ryan and the cast are in the dark about the killer -- which wouldn't surprise me tbh.

• Love 2

Okay, I became a fan the minute they offed Chanel #2. Can't stand Ariana Grande.

Kidding aside, add me to the apparently small list of people who enjoyed the pilot. Like others mentioned, I was expecting something more along the lines of Scream - scary, but with bits of comedy thrown in as we try to figure out who the killer is - but I actually really enjoyed the comedy angle the show is taking. I never watched Glee so I'm not really familiar with Lea Michele, but Hester was hilarious. Giving a detailed account of how to dispose of a body, then proudly volunteering to drink Chanel's dirty water...girl cracked me up. I have a feeling Hester will soon get a makeover and become Chanel # whatever. Chad and Denise were hilarious, too.

Emma Roberts, on the other hand, is just so generic. You'd think she'd be a good actress because she always plays the same type of character, but she's just...meh. Red Devil, please introduce Chanel to your lawnmower asap. Thanks!

• Love 1

I have got to stop reading all the negative and lukewarm reviews because so far this really is my favorite new show of the season.

First off I am a fan of most of Ryan Murphy's stuff. I love American Horror Story and I thought the first couple seasons of Glee were great (you know before it became a trite we are the world after school special). I get that his humor and his writing is an acquired taste but everything is, and it just kinda bugs me when people write off his stuff as crap offhand.

As for this in general: I thought it was hilarious. The biting dark wit was on point for me and i thought Emma Roberts was great as Chanel #1. Ok fine She doesnt have the greatest range but "mean girl" is in her wheelhouse and she is pulling off the roll fine.

This is most definitely my favorite new show of the season.

<----fixed a couple spelling mistakes, I think.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4

At first I read it as both Ryan and the cast are in the dark about the killer -- which wouldn't surprise me tbh.

Sorry, I wrote it kind of confusing.  Ryan himself knows who the killer is but none of the cast know.

• Love 1

I thought Sinister was SO WEIRD!The killer looks EXACTLY like Michael Jackson, and the plot is him getting liitle kids to do stuff. I thought it was really really odd, and in bad taste.

Anyhoo...this appears to be basically a complete copy of the Scream movie series, for tv.

Same campy bloodiness.

Edited by Christi

I actually think it's much more campy than Scream.  I actually like this show too *hung head in shame*, I didn't expect so many dead bodies in one episode though, Chanel #2, Mrs. Bean, Shandell, and then Boone, but then...NOT Boone.  At first, I kind of see this show was almost like Scream, but then the camp started kicking in, and nothing makes sense anymore, a lot of things defied logics, so I just concentrate on characters' interactions instread of trying to make sense through reality.

A few funny scenes, geniunely LOL moments for me:  Chanel #2 texting the killer right in front of her, the guy who conspiciously tried to break into the Dean's office but ended up breaking the glass anyway, and deaf fake Taylor Swift getting hacked.

Also, I'm with a few other posters, don't like Chad, he can be off any day now, also he doesn't look to be in his 20s.  I'm intrigued by the missing bodies though.

• Love 2

I know Ryan Murphy can't keep up good writing for any time at all but this first episode was funny. I laughed out loud a few times. I am in until Ryan Murphy disappoints me. I never try to guess the killer because I find showrunners just cheat in the end.  I would love it if it was the housekeeper who wore a fat suit in the kappa house.

• Love 1

I think that Keke Palmer would play the Queen Bitch character much better than Emma Roberts but that wouldn't fit in with the "All White Southerners are Racists" Ryan Murphy trope. It certainly would have argued against the "Is Ryan Murphy a Racist" blog posts that are all over the internets.

JohnnyDollar, is this university supposed to be in the south? I know it's filmed in Louisiana, but that's due to tax breaks (that's also why a TON of stuff is filmed in Atlanta). None of the characters have accents.

I'm intrigued somewhat by who the killer is so there's that, I guess, but I can see why the ratings are kind of crap. I feel the idea is more interesting than the execution so far and I can't say I found it all that funny, not even because how offensive it's clearly trying to be because I honestly wasn't even all that offended by it just because the attempts at humour just weren't that good.  I like the premise and maybe the show will settle down enough and not just rely on offensiveness for its own sake and actually turn into something decent, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm guessing/hoping the season is self-contained so there's some resolution by the end of the season.

JohnnyDollar, is this university supposed to be in the south? I know it's filmed in Louisiana, but that's due to tax breaks (that's also why a TON of stuff is filmed in Atlanta). None of the characters have accents.

There was no mention of where the college is located. It is anytown USA so far.

I think only Zayday mentioned were she was from, Oakland.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

OK, so call me totally warped and beyond any hope but I thought that pilot and follow-on episodes were hilarious.  It was kind of like where Nip Tuck ended up but in this case it was right from the get go.  The Butterfly McQueen "birthin' babies" lines from Gone With The Wind were, I thought, just there to immediately offend as many people as possible but I couldn't help but laugh my ass off.  What I really liked was that as the time flew by, there were some many possible Red Devil suspects.  Every time a character said something or gave an ominous facial expression, along came the next character showing similar suspicious actions. Lea clinically detailing how to dispose of a body was so out of character for her but she pulled it off and it was bizarrely funny.  Jaime Lee Curtis was outstanding. I've read that Ryan Murphy told her that he wouldn't do the show unless she agreed to be in it.  It was a nice homage to her being in the cast of the first Halloween movie and maybe, indirectly to her mother's role in Psycho.  I don't know how far RM can push the boundaries of decency and sheer violence on a prime time network show but it's interesting to find out.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this. This series had me at Jamie Lee Curtis playing Mrs. Robinson with the student, and it was cemented with her inner monologue during the march to the crime scene. I was absolutely delighted with the music, especially Bon Jovi and Corey Hart. That sunglasses at night murder montage was flipping awesome.

The episode had a high body count, and a really good whodunnit feel with everyone  being a possible suspect, except the security guard. I think she's probably the only one I don't suspect. I loved the Boone villain reveal at the end. I always enjoy watching a show where the audience knows more what's going on than the characters. It makes me feel superior.

I had a lot of fun watching this.

• Love 2

Why does Ariana Grande have the same damn hairstyle even in character?!  Let that heavy ass weave down for once, plz!

Deaf Taylor Swift was the only character that made me LOL... and sadly she's dead.  

The cast did really well, and killing off a "name" cast member like Ariana Grande so soon reflects the original Scream, when you assumed Drew Barrymore would survive because she's Drew Barrymore. Good move.

I think it was widely concluded Ariana Grande's role was going to be very limited, she filmed her scenes during a break from her current tour, and it showed.  She was absent from all Chanel group scenes except for maybe two, her living past the first episode would have been an actual surprise. 

• Love 2

That was the highlight of the two hours, IMO. Especially after she texted "No, please stop!" after getting stabbed.

The texted exchange between killer and victim was the highlight for me and the only part that made me LOL. Oh, and the window breaking after reporter dude had so carefully cut a circle.

Yes, the entire thing is a big hot steaming mess of pure camp with no redeeming value, but I was entertained. I'll probably stick with it at least for a while.

• Love 1

I'm so confused by this. What is it supposed to be? I expected something like Scream, scary but clever. There was nothing clever about this at all (granted, it's not quite over yet but I'm so bored I need something to do to distract from how bad this is.) The funniest part was when the Dean's glass door shattered and not in a laughing funny way but in a way that, while watching it I thought, "hm, that was a funny moment".

I'm shocked Jamie Lee is a part of this. I always thought she was a very intelligent woman with a witty sense of humor. This was not intelligent, or witty, or clever, or interesting, or original. What the fuck was it? I suppose it was kind of stylish.

The texting while being killed wasn't even remotely amusing. It might have made more sense if they'd used the deaf girl for that part. That might have made it funny instead I was busy wondering why.

I'm so disappointed.

The texting while being murdered scene is EXACTLY where I checked out. STUPID doesn't begin to describe it. That's when I knew it would be a struggle to continue watching. The show Scream over the summer was head and shoulders above this drivel, and didn't get nearly enough credit. I CARED about those characters. I was at least mildly upset when some of them died. I loved their raport and dialogue. This stinks to high heaven. And I was really looking forward to this, too. I love AHS, I love Scream. Couldn't get past the first half-season of Glee, though, so maybe that explains it.

Oh, wait. It has at least one redeeming feature: Ragging on the outdated Greek system. I appreciated that! Make that two: I love JLC.

A couple more thoughts.

Weirdest college ever — no one ever carries a book bag or attends class.

Why did Grace not recognize the mascot of the college she’d been longing to attend because her mom went there? Why is everyone not saying the killer is running around in a mascot costume, and trying to find out who has access to one? I probably shouldn't ask...

Edited by Andromeda

Does Emma Roberts only take roles now that make her look like a giant asshole?  Does she do anything where she isn't some stereotypical mean girl that most of the audience wants to punch in the face?

All of this was predictable and stupid.  It won't last, hopefully.

• Love 1

It was a missed opportunity to have her then reach for a jar of strawberry jam, both for the pun and the opportunities for a visual gross-out/fake-out.

Ah, but that would actually have been funny and this show is not remotely funny so they couldn't go there. But honestly, I don't quite get what they are going for. It's like it wants to be funny without really going there and wants to be scary but isn't. It is basically the worst part of Glee mixed with the worst parts of American Horror Story, which is a shame because American Glee Horror Story could have been a lot of fun.  

I feel like MTV's Scream found a better balance of the fun with the horror though it totally wimped out on body count. I guess I should give this crap credit for that.

• Love 2

I found this hilarious. Way better than Scream that MTV did. 

Stumbled on a new podcast "You're Damn Right"(not sure if they'd did some promotion or they just straight newbies) but I thought they were pretty funny and one of the shows they're going to be covering is "Scream Queens" (as well as Empire and HTGAWM). I enjoyed it and I'm not really into podcasts myself. Seemed down to earth and whatever. They start around 25:30(Empire's first and HTGAWM is third) if anyone's interested.

http://ashandjohnmultipod.podomatic.com/entry/2015-09-26T13_15_04-07_00

This show is pretty much everything I thought it would be. I'm not disappointed at all but I can't say my expectations were high in the first place. I went into this knowing that it was Ryan Murphy so I'm not going into it expecting it to be PC or logical or one specific genre. 

I'm mainly curious about who the killers are. I'm certain that there's more than one.

At the moment my front runners are Boone and/or Chad plus Chanel #5. I can't explain their connection yet but I do think think there were serious red flags with Chanel #5. I think it's too obvious for it to be Chanel #1 or Jamie's character. I won't rule Jamie's character out but it certainly wouldn't be surprising so I'm inclined to think that it's somebody else. 

I think that Chanel #2 wasn't originally going to be killed but when she said that she wouldn't be able to keep silent and was going to leave, I think that one of the Chanel's sent a text to the other killer. I lean towards it being Chanel #5 in part because the actress is Abigail Breslin plus she seems to be the most upset about everything even more so than Chanel #1. The way she's weirdly following around Grace and seemed concerned that she'd go in that room. The way she and #3 were right there before the lawnmower incident. 

#3 is actually the least offensive and I feel like a serial killer wouldn't give a shit about possibly giving someone HPV, right? That's sort of what made me take her out of the equation.

Did Chanel #1's predecessor actually die or was she just horribly disfigured? 

I didn't care for the white mammy stuff. 

I didn't get the purpose of the crossed swords line. Was Chad trying to put that idea in Chanel's head? Is it totally subconscious with him and he doesn't even realize? Was it simply for the benefit of the audience to prepare for the later scene? I was confused. 

Neck brace girl is super creepy with that mom shit not to mention everything else. 

Ariana's part was actually my favorite but IMO she isn't a very good actress. It was just ridiculously absurd and having a subpar actress totally works. 

As far as the maid's death, I don't know if she's dead or not but I don't think she's one of the killers only because of the size issue. 

I was hoping that Deaf Taylor Swift wouldn't see it coming. Yikes. 

Good question as to why the killer didn't just mow them all over and my guess is that it's because they need X amount of episodes for this season. ;) 

Edited by Avaleigh

I thought that was entertaining as  hell.  It showed perfectly how stupid and vapid people are these days.  I love anything that makes fun of idiots.  Loved it!  Can't wait for the rest of the season.

Abigail Breslin looks like crap now that she's all growed-up.  And a terrible actress.

Abigail has a "mature" look, nothing wrong with that but she doesn't scream teenager/collegiate with how they dress her up.  That is the thing about the Chanels, do any college  girls actually dress that way these days?   I mean,the alumni gal stuck in the 90's at least makes sense with the styles then, but to have the "it" sorority clothed in what probably would be their Grandmothers choice of attire is just bizarre.  

I thought that was entertaining as  hell.  It showed perfectly how stupid and vapid people are these days.  I love anything that makes fun of idiots.  Loved it!  Can't wait for the rest of the season.

Abigail Breslin looks like crap now that she's all growed-up.  And a terrible actress.

I think while there are a lot of insult towards a lot of people from different walks of life  the elite  douche-bags are the one this is really skewing. 

I know all the talk of the wonderful fashion but the Chanels dress matronly to me.   I think however Chanel and #3 pull it off better than Abigail aka #5.

Abigail has a "mature" look, nothing wrong with that but she doesn't scream teenager/collegiate with how they dress her up.  That is the thing about the Chanels, do any college  girls actually dress that way these days?   I mean,the alumni gal stuck in the 90's at least makes sense with the styles then, but to have the "it" sorority clothed in what probably would be their Grandmothers choice of attire is just bizarre.  

I like how the fashion helps makes them seem kind of out there and unhinged. It makes me think of that crazy movie with Parker Posey called The House of Yes. 

• Love 2

Well, with the podcast I had posted, I think agree that the series is supposed to be major satire. With things like horror movie cliches, Mean Girls, Heathers, Pop Culture and other things. It's not meant to be taken seriously, with that said, the girl on the podcast(can't remember her name) said that the sorority sisters live in a manipulative system of sisterhood but also like debutants in the 60's. There's a code that hasn't really since. It's super exclusive, which is why it's popular, because there's a criteria. If anyone can get, then what would make you so special for even getting in? I think even the guy on the podcast mentioned the racism in certain sororties, like the one that went viral with the non-diverse pledges. It's a play on what's life, but it's amped up.

The fashion is the kind of ugly shit you see on runways that costs a fortune and wonder if people would actually wear any of it in real life. So, it makes total sense for the Chanel's. Even if Chanel secretly hated those clothes, you know she would still wear them just because they're expensive. The rest of the characters dress normally, except for Chad and his frat bros, whose style is even worse than the Chanel's, IMO.

Edited by mack6986
  • Love 1

This was stupid. Not clever stupid. Just kind of dumb. A few things I laughed at but not as much as I thought. It tries to hard. I could here the writers talking through a lot of it. And for some reason Emma Roberts reminds me of Sarah Michelle Gellar.

She reminds me a lot of Sarah Michelle Gellar too.. from Buffy and well, I really can't stand SMG as Buffy so I'm not sure if this works for me.

Good question as to why the killer didn't just mow them all over and my guess is that it's because they need X amount of episodes for this season. ;)

Probably to make the kills more creative, it's a play on the slasher genre and they usually kill off a character at a time.

Grace was broke my heart in her first scene when she called Oliver Hudson, Dad. That one hurt. I could have sworn he was the hot young thing two seconds ago. This forced me to realize that was about 12+ years ago. Son of a bitch.

Oliver Hudson is five years younger than I am, which was messing with my head. I choose to ignore that it's been decades since I was actually in college, which is why it's totally acceptable for me to what shows about college and read YA novels.

I feaking loved it.  I thought ER was hilarious as Chanel #1.  Grace and Pete were meh, but whatever.  Deaf Taylor Swift head scene made me cackle, as did Hester detailing how to break down a body.  I tend to love Ryan Murphy projects the first season or two, and then I'm done.  So I'm in it for this season at least.

• Love 2

This show only works as satire for me since the characters' motivations are completely unrealistic and the writers seem to pull out every cliche from every teen movie from the last 20 years in this one episode (I see references ranging from "Scream" to "Jawbreaker" to "Mean Girls", "Cruel Intentions", "Legally Blonde" and "Sorority Row"). I think Emma Roberts is great in her role and carries the show well, although obviously she is playing the exact same character from the Coven season of "American Horror Story". Ariana Grande is awful and I am glad she was killed off quickly. Is Chanel number 5 really Abigail Breslin aka the little girl from "Little Miss Sunshine"? What is an Oscar nominated actress doing playing a small role in a B-grade television show? She should totally be in big award-winning movies by now like Jennifer Lawrence and Dakota Fanning, but I guess maybe she is unable to get other roles? This is the first time I am seeing Nick Jonas in anything but so far he is pretty good. I think he is the killer or at least one of the killers. The guy working at Starbucks and is the editor of the school newspaper is boring and can't act. How was he even cast in this? The main girl (who wanted to join the sorority to honor her mother) is boring as hell and definitely no Neve Campbell. My favorite characters so far are the other pledges: the Asian lesbian is hilarious and so is the chubby girl who eats nonstop. Hope we get to see more of them but they will probably be killed off pretty quickly. Deaf Taylor Swift getting mowed down is probably the best scene. Jamie Lee Curtis as the Dean is great and I hope we get to see more of her being involved in the main plot. The black female security guard is my favorite by far as she seems to be the voice of the audience and is the only relatable character looking around at all the absurd people and laughing. Hope she sticks around till the end.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

This show is hilarious. Fucking hilarious. I think the key is to just sit back and enjoy it. I don't get the impression that RM is trying to claim groundbreaking television here. It's just campy goodness and I'd say the cast are embracing the fun of it all.

• Love 2

I hate how everyone rushed through their lines. What's the hurry?

Emma Roberts simply cannot act. She is not capable of nuance or depth.

Ah, but she has a certain un je ne sais quoi. Oui?

Not acting ability, but...

Oh, riight. THAT particular something IS identifiable. And, it is a most definite 'Hollywood' Connection to...