Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Woo Hwang

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

It's amazing that Woo is left.out.of.everything.everytime. It's bad enough he has that lost vapid look but he absolutely clueless about any strategy, planning or game talk. He's just not made for this game.

• Love 4

It might seal his own fate, and may be a long shot, but if Woo were smart, he should go to Savage and Tasha and flip on Abi and Varner.  That would give them a majority, and Savage and Tasha could make it that much further.  Woo is screwed no matter what.  Right now he's probably being kept around for strength, but he isn't really needed.  So far his votes haven't made any difference.

Another player who I have no idea why anyone voted for. Seriously, the dude is clueless and sucks at the game. I would not be surprised to find out that he didn't get the votes but they tossed him on because they liked him better then Jim.

You guys are all going to hate me because I'm rooting for Woo:

- his first season, he always voted for the one that was voted out, this season it's the opposite - so what!?

- wasn't he very close to solving the puzzle? After all the ugly comments Spencer had about hin in their first season together, I was soo rooting for him to beat Spencer :-)

- dude looking puzzled is the best strategy he could have: everyone underestimates him! See Shirin and Spencer's appeal to him after they had not even botherede to talk to him since the game started. Editing was excellent, he looked completely lost, but after he expressed an excellent read, I'm wondering if his "lost-ness" was not due to how incredibly bad these other players were.

Now, I don't think he'll win, but I hope he outlasts those who see him as an non entity. He's a loyal player, so I thing any potential winner could do worse that allying with him, he's good at challenges, which counts against the many challenge monsters still around this season. Me, if I was a contestant, I would grab him and not let go, him or Abi, are you kidding? I'd spend 39 days with Woo in a heartbeat!     

• Love 4

I'm rooting for Woo as well. Love him, hope he goes far. He's always performed well in puzzle parts of challenges, way better than the so-called (self proclaimed or otherwise) brains.

• Love 2

It wasn't the same not having Woo look completely dumbfounded tonight at TC.  I'm not really a fan of the guy, but I did feel sorry for him.  I honestly didn't think he was going to make it.  When the second vote came up for Jeff, I thought either it was a split for the idol, or someone else was going to be out of the loop.  TC tonight proved to me why Woo really isn't good at the social aspect of this game.  Varner had a much better argument as to why he needed to stick around.  If it wasn't for needing strength I doubt Woo would have survived (though I don't think that's the only reason Varner got booted).  I wouldn't care if Woo did go next, only because he doesn't do much for me.  

Go Woo. I bet Varner thought he could out talk Woo at tribal. But acting like Woo wasn't loyal was a joke. Rob C. called Woo the most loyal player in the history of survivor.

Varner was the one who had a meltdown last episode and called everyone out.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 2

I wasn't a big fan of his last time, but I'm enjoying him this season. He's a scrapper. It's a shame he was continually stuck on a tribe with Abi, the ultimate albatross. But I've gained a lot more respect for his game and spirit. 

• Love 6

I was very afraid he was going to be voted out, kept reassuring myself that for Savage and Tasha it would make NO sense to vote him out, then when the first vote read was "Jeff" I thought logic be damned, he was screwed. And then he wasn't! Woohoo!

• Love 1

I went back and watched last week's TC showdown (because really, that was one of the best ever in terms of Jeff and Woo really fighting it out for survival-and beat many so-called 'blindsides' that the show tries to hype).  While I can't say I'm a big fan, I do appreciate one thing: Woo seems to really enjoy this experience for what it is.  In thinking about Survivors crossing over to other reality shows, I think it would be fun to watch Woo on TAR (he'd get eaten alive on BB, I'm afraid).  But TAR is way less about strategy, more about luck, and I believe he'd be the kind of person who would really soak in what was around him and take the time to appreciate it.  Even if it meant elimination.  Similarly, he seems to just enjoy being on the show.  He may not be very good strategically, and even though he is nice, he's kind of socially awkward this time around.  One thing that stuck out at me that I didn't pay much attention to last week, was when Jeff and Abi said they voted against the alliance (twice) both times he was blindsided by the vote.  I'd like to know if he said anything about the fact that it was a blindside to him, and had he been in the loop, he might have gone along with the majority.  Woo would likely be more loyal than I think any of the other Angkor members left, but that was kind of a weak argument on Varner's part.  I'm just curious if they he in fact stood up for himself in that regard.

• Love 2

Woo would do well on TAR but he will never be cast because he is not dramatic enough. Woo works on Survivor because he makes great faces when he is blindsides, which is a pretty regular event. And when his tribe wins, he runs away to avoid confrontation, lies awfully and is really good in the challenges.

But none of that helps on TAR. He would do well, enjoy the experience and probably be pretty boring. Especially if his partner was good at map reading and travel.

• Love 1

IMHO, Woo is required to play no role this season other than to be eye candy for me. Which I swear, he is getting better and better at the longer he's on the island. I don't understand these magic people who look good dirty, exhausted, sweaty, and with no makeup.

I wouldn't say Woo is playing well by any stretch of the imagination, but I also do think he's playing more competently than his voting record suggests. He's had to deal with some unusually unpredictable alliance partners and the chaos factor of Abi-Maria.

• Love 5