Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Fanfiction

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, rue721 said:

@ahrtee or wait, this is a likelier candidate:

Yes, I think this is the one.  The later commercials built on it, because everyone already knew what it was referring to.   

It was a *long* time ago (yes, I'm old!) 😊

• Love 1

Well, I'm not young either, just try to pretend I'm young, lol.  But I never cared what cassette tapes I used, it was the cheapest I could buy because I only got a dollar for an allowance.  So, I get it...lol

The sad part I remember when I thought if I could just make 25,000.00 a year, I would be making it.  lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Linking to an old fanfic which I always thought was a great way to end the show back when we were constantly worried the show was going to be cancelled before it even reached Season 5.  Back when Demons were a big deal, but with some adjustments, the idea of it is still really good.

It's called Dust in the Wind.  It's a bit of a crossover with American Gods(the books, long before the tv series) but the idea works without the American Gods specific stuff.  It's by Lyra-wing

https://lyra-wing.livejournal.com/100679.html

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 5

For anyone who'd still fancy one, I wrote a short Michael!Dean fic a little while ago. It's my first work of fanfiction, though it's not my first work of writing. 

I've always thought that the concept of True Vessels and bloodlines was one of the most original and compelling aspects of the show's mythology, and Michael!Dean helped to reignite my interest in it. I wrote this piece back when I was more hopeful about the trajectory of the story. Oh, to be young and foolish in the Good Ol' Days of three weeks ago!

https://archiveofourown.org/works/17812913

• Love 6
(edited)

To anyone who has ever posted a work on Ao3, congratulations, you (we) are now Hugo nominees.  This is a legit nomination. 

https://www.tor.com/2019/04/02/2019-hugo-award-finalists-announced/

Best Related Work

Archive of Our Own, a project of the Organization for Transformative Works

To be clear, I'm pretty sure this is for the people who founded and maintain the site, but dammit, we are a part of it! wooooo!!!

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5
On 3/23/2019 at 1:14 AM, BabySpinach said:

For anyone who'd still fancy one, I wrote a short Michael!Dean fic a little while ago. It's my first work of fanfiction, though it's not my first work of writing. 

I've always thought that the concept of True Vessels and bloodlines was one of the most original and compelling aspects of the show's mythology, and Michael!Dean helped to reignite my interest in it. I wrote this piece back when I was more hopeful about the trajectory of the story. Oh, to be young and foolish in the Good Ol' Days of three weeks ago!

https://archiveofourown.org/works/17812913

I loved it! I kind of want to see one done about Sam being possessed by Lucifer.

32 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

LOLOLOLOL. I'm dead. This is hilariously terrible and I am here for it!

This makes me think of "David Duchovny, Why Won't You Love Me" from back in the day but this is waaayyyy more hilarious!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Since so many of us are worried about what they're planning to write for the final season, and since so many of us have some pretty definite (and good!) ideas of what we'd like to see (even more what we don't, but that's something else entirely...) maybe we need a summer fanfic challenge:

I think we should turn our plot bunnies loose here; stories we'd like to see (and indicate what we don't as well) and then some of the bored  talented writers here can write stories based on them.  Links can be added to stories posted on AO3, LJ , fanfic.net or other sites.  I think AO3 allows people to set up a group thing (so maybe someone could set up a "virtual season 15" or something) so all stories could be archived there in one place?  Anyone know how to do this?

Consider this the plot bunny corral where anyone is free to drop an idea or borrow one.  They don't just have to be the endgame...maybe there's a monster you want to see again (or the first time, and this is your last chance).  Or "a day in the life" of any particular character.  

Examples?  How about....Jesse the Antichrist, feeling a disturbance in the Force (or whatever) comes back to see what's going on.  What side would he be on?  What would he do?  

Billie pulls Adam out of the Cage (Death can apparently do that, IIRC) and returns him to the Winchesters, but he doesn't remember anything after being eaten.  Or he still has echoes of Michael.  Or he wants to join the fight.  Or...?  

Personally, I'd prefer staying within canon (no Marvel crossovers or mpreg,) but, well, Chuck did say there were infinite AUs out there, so, *shrugs*  Anyone for the world with nothing but squirrels? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

Since so many of us are worried about what they're planning to write for the final season, and since so many of us have some pretty definite (and good!) ideas of what we'd like to see (even more what we don't, but that's something else entirely...) maybe we need a summer fanfic challenge:

I think we should turn our plot bunnies loose here; stories we'd like to see (and indicate what we don't as well) and then some of the bored  talented writers here can write stories based on them.  Links can be added to stories posted on AO3, LJ , fanfic.net or other sites.  I think AO3 allows people to set up a group thing (so maybe someone could set up a "virtual season 15" or something) so all stories could be archived there in one place?  Anyone know how to do this?

Consider this the plot bunny corral where anyone is free to drop an idea or borrow one.  They don't just have to be the endgame...maybe there's a monster you want to see again (or the first time, and this is your last chance).  Or "a day in the life" of any particular character.  

Examples?  How about....Jesse the Antichrist, feeling a disturbance in the Force (or whatever) comes back to see what's going on.  What side would he be on?  What would he do?  

Billie pulls Adam out of the Cage (Death can apparently do that, IIRC) and returns him to the Winchesters, but he doesn't remember anything after being eaten.  Or he still has echoes of Michael.  Or he wants to join the fight.  Or...?  

Personally, I'd prefer staying within canon (no Marvel crossovers or mpreg,) but, well, Chuck did say there were infinite AUs out there, so, *shrugs*  Anyone for the world with nothing but squirrels? 

Out of curiosity does anyone remember how old Jesse was? Or how old he'd be now?

1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

Such a brilliant idea for a fanfic meme. Ah, the good old Live Journal days!

I linked to this on my tumblr, and also on deanwinchestermeta on tumblr just to spread the word.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Res said:

Out of curiosity does anyone remember how old Jesse was? Or how old he'd be now?

Description I saw said he was 11 back in season 5, so he'd be around 20-21 now.  Roughly the same age as Ben and Jack?

ETA: OK, you made me go look at SPN Wiki.  

Jesse was born March 1998.  Ben born May 1999.  Jack was about 18 when he was born in 2017, so about the same. 

And just to add complications, Adam, while born in 1990, died in 2009 and went into the cage in 2010 so in theory he's still 20, also.  Wayward Brothers indeed.  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Personally, I'd prefer staying within canon (no Marvel crossovers or mpreg,) but, well, Chuck did say there were infinite AUs out there, so, *shrugs*  Anyone for the world with nothing but s.quirrels? 

So Deanville? I'd live there! LOL

I'm in for this

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I especially like how one is wearing a trenchcoat, the one in the middle is the tallest and Dean!squirrel has freckles and long eyelashes 🙂

The tall one also has a flippy hair thing in the back. Hee.

• LOL 1

@BabySpinach that is really good. Would have broken my heart, but that is an innovative, story-consistent approach to the tabling of Michael!Dean.

• Love 1

This is a really good story  its called The Christmas Spirit by Noxbait i think this could make a really good Supernatual Movie what do you think its about 40 chapters long but i couldn't stop reading.   https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10905035/16/The-Christmas-Spirit

On 8/23/2019 at 11:13 AM, denise42 said:

This is a really good story  its called The Christmas Spirit by Noxbait i think this could make a really good Supernatual Movie what do you think its about 40 chapters long but i couldn't stop reading.  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10905035/16/The-Christmas-Spirit

It looks interesting - thanks for the rec! Just FYI, your link takes you directly to Chapter 16, which might be confusing if you don't notice and begin reading there (I may or may not have done that). Here is the link to Ch 1   https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10905035/1/The-Christmas-Spirit

Edited by gonzosgirrl
49 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I haven't read all of the fics listed here but I've read @gonzosgirrl's works and her fics are fantastic! They're definitely worth a read ( or two ) !

Thanks so much!

12 hours ago, bethy said:

I don't write much any more, but I've got some stories up at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/443241/reading.

I started reading your Strangers and Angels series this afternoon. I'm really enjoying it!

Oh, thanks y'all!!!  I'm finishing the christmas one someone linked above, then I will get on to the others here.  I'm really looking forward to them!

(fyi  I use different names - coz reasons -  all over so you probably won't know it's me which means I'll probably gush at you in a PM here. lol  Don't out me!!!  

Oh, PS  not sure where I ran into this one, but I'm going to say it was here even though I couldn't find a link up thread.  Check out Nova42's Providence novels on Fanfiction.  Really good.

Thanks again guys.  You are really great to share such marvelous stories.  

Edited by Cambion
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

@gonzosgirrl, I read your story "My Empire of Dirt", and man that brought tears to my eyes. Loved it! I would definitely recommend it to any Dean fan. Just wow. On to the next one... Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us and posting the link. 🙂

Thank you so much. I think I may have mentioned this earlier in the thread somewhere that I had the chance to ask Jensen if he thought Dean would take this offer if it were made to him (this was mid season 11) and he said no, because the past made them who they were. I wonder if he'd answer the same today. 

On 11/12/2019 at 1:02 AM, Cambion said:

I've enjoyed BabySpinach's fanfic, and I'm curious if there are any other fanfic  writers here?  I'd love to check out your work!

A little late, but here's a link to my couple of stories: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/243041/ . The two short ones are complete and straightforward. The longer one is not complete - it hopefully will be one day - and very much... not.***

*** Like many of my multichapter fanfiction, it is fairly unusual... a tradition I started with Buffy fanfic (also at that link) and continued here. Just a warning: it starts a little slow (as most of my long fics do) and takes a left turn into odd. (My sense of humor is a little off the beaten path.) Just your typical "what would Dean's hell - and Sam's "destiny" - look like if it was influenced by a 10 year old antichrist and a Supernatural book fan^^^?" story. Heh.

^^^Not Becky! I like Jesse after all.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, FlickChick said:

@gonzosgirrl, I read your story "My Empire of Dirt", and man that brought tears to my eyes. Loved it! I would definitely recommend it to any Dean fan. Just wow. On to the next one... Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us and posting the link. 🙂

What FlickChick said!  I also really loved how you gave the mark a sort of personality of its own.  That was one thing through those episodes that I kinda wish they'd tried to show: it wasn't just some dark part of Dean acting out.  It was it's own evil entity that had influence over him.  

Thanks for sharing.  I still have Three strikes to read.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

A little late, but here's a link to my couple of stories: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/243041/ . The two short ones are complete and straightforward. The longer one is not complete - it hopefully will be one day - and very much... not.***

*** Like many of my multichapter fanfiction, it is fairly unusual... a tradition I started with Buffy fanfic (also at that link) and continued here. Just a warning: it starts a little slow (as most of my long fics do) and takes a left turn into odd. (My sense of humor is a little off the beaten path.) Just your typical "what would Dean's hell - and Sam's "destiny" - look like if it was influenced by a 10 year old antichrist and a Supernatural book fan^^^?" story. Heh.

^^^Not Becky! I like Jesse after all.

Awesome, thank you.  I'll bookmark you and definitely take a look.  🙂

And I can definitely recommend the Christmas story linked above.  It was really good.  Heavy on the H/C but enough monsters and action to keep me interested -- I can only take so much H/C and angst.  Not saying it's bad, just that I'd rather have scary monsters and fights.  🙂

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cambion said:

What FlickChick said!  I also really loved how you gave the mark a sort of personality of its own.  That was one thing through those episodes that I kinda wish they'd tried to show: it wasn't just some dark part of Dean acting out.  It was it's own evil entity that had influence over him.  

Thanks for sharing.  I still have Three strikes to read.

I believe that, too. He had to fight it as much as any monster. Thanks for reading and for the kind words. Much appreciated!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe compared to the hacks we have now, but in any real world... naw. You are very kind though. 🙂

Well, I think you are a very good writer.  I finished Three Strikes tonight and I liked it even better than Empire.  The humor was great.  The characterizations were spot on, and I loved the call backs you made to familiar catch phrases that have long gone to the wayside.  Compared to other fanfic I've read I felt that your characterizations were the best I've seen and I've seen some really good ones. 

The action was satisfying and the ghost creepy and not one that I saw coming, frankly.  The H/C was balanced out abut right for me, maybe a tetch heavier than I like, but that's just me.  I know the boys should really be getting sick and beat up a lot more than we see on screen, but I've read a few of the H/C genre stories that were far too much for me, and yours wasn't too heavy handed and overly done like some of those.  I think it was well balanced.  I am really wishing you had more stories to share!  Pretty please!

Anyway, thanks for sharing because I really enjoyed them.  Now on to some of the others.  And I'm glad someone put their review here.  I like seeing what other people thought of the same stories I'm reading.  I think we should continue this way if there are no objections.  And I plan to go back and reread Baby_Spinach's so I can review them openly as well.

Thanks again guys, and please keep the links coming.  I have a more reading time right now, winter kinda grounds me.  And this is a fantastic way to fill it!

• Love 2