Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Life Is Fluid

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

In the Season 3 premiere, a detective is abducted by a heroin kingpin; Lindsay's downward spiral continues; Olinsky confides in Platt about a secret from his past; and Roman shares his worries with Burgess about her impending marriage to Ruzek.

Man, Sophia Bush broke my heart. 

Who wants to join me in a little Bunny beat down? Hands? Her handing her addict daughter pills (after asking for a loan) and telling her to take the edge off made my skin crawl.

I have decided to ignore the Voight/Casey history and accept the tortured father figure. Because damn does he love Erin. I liked his conditions, and I can only hope Erin can abide by them. I *was surprised that when he finally decided to allow her to do the drop, at no time did he ask if she was sober!

Ruzek can go anytime now. Buh-bye. 

The fight scene was great - I rewound it twice!

Poor Jay - don't hurt the pretty.

I did not like the shoe-horned CF/CPD/CM scene at the end at Molly's. Dude - you should be at the hospital with your brother. You're the bigwig doctor for fuck's sake.

Don't care about Roman's "needle" secret.

Am I the only one who thought the pastry box was going to blow up because VOIGHT TOOK NO PRECAUTIONS WHEN ACCEPTING A RANDOM BOX FROM A RANDOM KID?!?!?

• Love 2

That fight scene was brutal, the way the guy kept coming back was terrifying. Not sure Erin should have been able to just walk away from being slammed down on a coffee-table but let's just say it was adrenaline.

Also: Clancy Brown. You do not hire Clancy Brown for one brief talk and a phone call. So I assume he'll be back. Which is okay with me. Not quite so okay with already annoying surprise daughter drama.

• Love 2

Also: Clancy Brown. You do not hire Clancy Brown for one brief talk and a phone call. So I assume he'll be back. Which is okay with me. Not quite so okay with already annoying surprise daughter drama.

I wasn't paying 100% to the scene in the prison, but other than getting some information on the guy who took Halstead, what exactly was going on with Voight and that guy?

I wasn't paying 100% to the scene in the prison, but other than getting some information on the guy who took Halstead, what exactly was going on with Voight and that guy?

What I gathered from all of the innuendo is that Voight has something Clancy wants, and once he makes parole, Voight will provide him with it.

Was going to watch but saw it was going to be a predictable Lindsay episode and decided sleeping was a better option ! When CPD starts focusing on other characters I'll start watching but I'm really tired of the Erin Show !

Edited by CountryCrazy

Man, Sophia Bush broke my heart. 

Ruzek can go anytime now. Buh-bye. 

The fight scene was great - I rewound it twice!

Poor Jay - don't hurt the pretty.

I agree with everything you said. Sophia Bush has portrayed her downward spiral quite well. Her face when she took the tape off Jay on the couch, this is why I love these two together. I see more chemistry in two seconds between them than an entire episode of Burgess and Ruzek.

It hurt me everytime the beat on Jay, but he still was hot as hell even all bloody and bruised. Hope Bunny will be gone for good soon, definitely not gonna win any parenting awards.

• Love 1

The finale cliffhanger was Erin quitting her job. It makes sense that the premiere would be her coming back. The show doesn't revolve around Erin. Other characters (with the exception of Atwater who gets nothing) get plenty of screentime. Erin is featured in the show promotion a lot as she's the lead female and Sophia Bush is a very popular and well known actress.

Great episode and glad Lindsay is back. I was worried they were going to drag it out. Her life with her mother is so depressing. Also, what kind of nightclub is on during the day?

Roman has been in love with 3 ex partners? I can see Burgess becoming the fourth. Her wedding with Ruzek clearly isn't going to happen. I'm predicting a breakup between those two for sure.

• Love 1

I'm okay with the amount of screentime Erin gets. I do think it's more than some of the other characters but it's still a far stretch from the Gabby-show aka Chicago Fire. (Maybe it changed I did not watch the last season.) Plus Erin gets called out on her bs and not everything she does is spectacular. I'd like to see the Ruzek Burgess wedding and if it's only because the desk-sergeant seems hellbent on setting her inner bridezilla lose.

• Love 1

Considering some of the other characters on the show *ahem* Ruzek and Burgess *ahem* I'd actually be ok with Erin getting more screentime.  Seriously, just write them out or something.

I'd be okay if the show stopped punching her in the gut, though.

• Love 1

Ensemble shows usually also have a few central characters in that ensemble. Hill Street Blues had Captain Furillo, NYPD Blues had Sipowicz later on while in the beginning it was Sipowicz's 1st and 2nd partners whose character names I don't remember anymore. For Chicago PD it is Erin and Voight currently.