Type keyword(s) to search

Mark & Nikki: Touch That Window, Lose Your Hand

• Start Topic

Internet chatter from two sources appear to indicate Mark and Nikki have split. One person indicates Mark was spotted vacationing in Florida with another women. Confirm or deny?

• Love 2
On 8/26/2016 at 2:28 PM, Major Bigtime said:

I asked someone who knows Mark & Nikki, they are still together. She basically lays around the house all day doing nothing. Except making party now and then, I suppose.

For the amount of $$ she will be getting after she divorces Mark I would sit around the house all day and advise him that it's Ramadan (a la Mo) 24/7/365 .

• Love 6
On August 29, 2016 at 8:05 AM, greekmom said:

For the amount of $$ she will be getting after she divorces Mark I would sit around the house all day and advise him that it's Ramadan (a la Mo) 24/7/365 .

Didn't Mark make her sign a prenuptial ? Which gives her nothing? 

• LOL 1

I believe I read somewhere that you can't enforce a pre-nup that violates the law.

When you agree to bring someone over on a fiancee visa, you are agreeing to support them for a certain number of years (5? 10?).  You can sign a pre-nup saying that you won't, but that wouldn't hold water since you're agreeing to a Federal contract that says you will.

If he did actually make a fuss about the pre-nup, it was either staged or he's a fucking idiot or he was just trying to manipulate her into thinking she has no recourse. Probably all of those are true.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

The prenup was real, from what my friend has told me. 

I didn't say there isn't a prenup. I'm saying that the prenup we saw on tv (in which she gets zilch) in my personal opinion is staged for tv.  

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I believe I read somewhere that you can't enforce a pre-nup that violates the law.

When you agree to bring someone over on a fiancee visa, you are agreeing to support them for a certain number of years (5? 10?).  You can sign a pre-nup saying that you won't, but that wouldn't hold water since you're agreeing to a Federal contract that says you will.

If he did actually make a fuss about the pre-nup, it was either staged or he's a fucking idiot or he was just trying to manipulate her into thinking she has no recourse. Probably all of those are true.

It comes down to he agrees to reimburse for any General Relief or other government assistance she might have to get if she was left with nothing, the absolute zero would only force the government to act if she then went to the state for help. Frankly I have forgotten what the prenuptial was suppose to cover, everything or just a portion of his holdings

• Love 2

He has sons we never saw because they knew better to get on this show, and the daughter that we did see. I'm sure Mark is protecting his property and business holdings for them. All Nikki is entitled to is spousal support from her husband.  Thanks for the explanation regarding his legal obligations.

• Love 1

@Adeejay posted in the Happily Ever After thread the following: 

Whoopi Goldberg told Oprah that her second husband - a native of Holland - received a house and "a truck load of cash" in their divorce settlement.  When Oprah inquired as to how she allowed this to happen, Whoopi explained that it was the law.  INS doesn't recognize stipulations of divorce, so prenups are not allowed in green card marriages. 

So does that mean that Mark and Nikki's prenup is null and void? 

• Love 2

According to INS law, the one who wants the green card can't split and leave the other partner destitute once the marriage is over and if the petitioning spouse wants the divorce, they can't leave the immigrant spouse destitute either.  But this is consistent with most divorce laws.  Divorce law ideally represents a broken contact with appropriate recompense. 

They have to gave proof of a bona fide marriage such as acquiring real property such as a car or house, business, etc. I live in a community property state, so if one spouse cannot support themselves, they not only get half the assets acquired during the marriage, but the higher income spouse has to provide them with enough support to get into a place of their own until they get back on their feet.

Douche Canoe Mark can't leave Nikki with nothing, no matter what he says, but there are plenty of husbands out there who have their wives utterly convinced that they will get nothing if the leave.  What a nearly 60 year old man wants with a 20 year old girl other than sexual favors is beyond me.  Though many successful love matches with this age difference are well documented, it's usually because they are intellectual equals or otherwise equals.  There is NO equality here.

Mathematically, he's old enough to be her grandfather.  He screams predatory male seeking a servile Asian woman to fulfill his perverted fantasies.  And this whole mentality that he is ENTITLED to be served, without doing anything for her that makes her feel loved and special in return just makes me want to take a shower if I think about it too much.

Nikki is a very pretty girl. She deserves better than Mark as well as the opportunity to better her lot in this life. If he were helping her better herself by putting her through school, I'd applaud that, but he's in it for Mark, Mr. Mine, Mine, Mine.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 8

My respect for Nikki is almost as low as it is for Mark. It is slightly elevated because of her age, but from the show, online sources, and their audition tapes, it was shown that Mark made clear his desire for a young Filipino wife, that he did not want any more children, and that he didn't intend to share his business or home (owned prior to marriage) with his new wife. He arrived in the Philippines with arrangements to meet a few different women, and Nikki picked him up at the airport and didn't let him out of her sight. She knew his plans, and agreed with them, even saying on the interview tape for TLC, "Children...ewww" while making a face. 

Mark's daughter asked her if she planned on going to school or working, and she said she did not. From online sources, she still has not. Mark said he had no problem with her working or going to school to earn her own income, and I really don't think he does. I think that would be another feather in his cap to be able to say, "Look at my young wife, who is in school to be a nurse." or whatever. If they divorce, which will probably happen based on statistics, he will head back over to the Philippines and get another wife, and she will move on to someone else here in the U.S. 

I would be perfectly fine if she did not receive a portion of his home, business, retirement, etc., because it is the agreement she made when she thought she could change his mind after she got here. He did not hide his wishes, and she has not done anything to add value to his assets. If it turns out she does home maintenance such as a stay-at-home wife would do, or worked a bit on his business, too, that would be a different story to me. But as is stands right now, they are both getting what they bargained for out of the marriage. 

• Love 3

I won't fault Mark for being honest over what he wants out of this arrangement, but it still sounds creepy and skeevy to me to be 58 doing that to a 19 year old. We're she 35, she would at least have more life experience and maturity to understand WHAT she really is getting into, and I wouldn't have a big issue with it.

He's always been abundantly clear about who he is and what he wants, but I don't think that justifies his attitude towards her or that he should leave her penniless. If she becomes a public charge, the government will come after him.  If she's lazing about the house doing nothing, then she's not doing right either, since marriage is supposed to be a partnership. He's far too anal and controlling IMO to tolerate much of that from her or anyone else for that matter.  He seems like someone who would hold someone accountable for holding up their end of the deal.

• Love 5

Mark is the dictionary definition of skeevy, and their marriage is the poster example of a "Green Card Marriage." I dislike both of them and although I wouldn't wish ill of either of them, I also don't care what happens when their marriage ends. If Nikki doesn't want to do anything to better herself and her marriage financially, her three-year marriage (I'm being generous) should not entitle her to Mark's long-owned assets. If he has to provide her a monthly alimony check, well, he purchased her and that is the price he has to pay. No sympathy for him either. Neither of them are innocent victims in their marriage.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Christina said:

Mark is the dictionary definition of skeevy, and their marriage is the poster example of a "Green Card Marriage." I dislike both of them and although I wouldn't wish ill of either of them, I also don't care what happens when their marriage ends. If Nikki doesn't want to do anything to better herself and her marriage financially, her three-year marriage (I'm being generous) should not entitle her to Mark's long-owned assets. If he has to provide her a monthly alimony check, well, he purchased her and that is the price he has to pay. No sympathy for him either. Neither of them are innocent victims in their marriage.

ITA

• Love 1

Whoopi explained that it was the law.  INS doesn't recognize stipulations of divorce, so prenups are not allowed in green card marriages. 

Whoopi might very well have said this.   But it is NOT the law at all.   Anyone can do a pre nup, if you have the capacity to enter into a contract.   Because that is what a prenup is -- a contract.    Now, the immigration support form is also a contract.   So INS can enforce THAT.   But they can't say "oh you can't enter into this other contract."    If the person is capable of being self-supporting, a court is not going to require alimony if they waived it just because of the federal support form.    They and the feds are going to tell the person to get off their ass and get a job.

Something tells me Whoopi didn't have a prenup because someone told her no prenups with an non-US citizen and she was too cheap to hire a GOOD lawyer to check on that.   Then she probably did stuff in a community property state (hello California) so she got screwed in the divorce.   Rather than admit she made a mistake, she is just covering.

• Love 5

@merylinkid That was my understanding of how the law was explained to us when it originally aired on the show. I think there were even some links provided, but it may have been on Reddedit. Your comment about living in a community property state is probably what happened to Whoopi. Her husband may have financially improved the property, and when the property values skyrocketed, it became worth arguing about in the divorce. Sometimes, it is best to just give up assets and move on, and Whoopi certainly had the means to do so.

Mark and Nikki, on the other hand, will fight tooth and nail over coffee pots and toothbrush holders, and I will  laugh at both of them like a bad person. HAHAHA, losers. Hope your three years were worth the headache.

• Love 2

Mark has been on the 90 Day Fiance Facebook page for months under a fake account using the name Vincent Bell trolling and insulting other users. This guy has some mental issues and has an ongoing series of rants against American women. It appears he uses a proxy server to make it hard for TLC to ban him. There is also news that he and his daughter Elise are now estranged because of Nikki.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, milo said:

Mark has been on the 90 Day Fiance Facebook page for months under a fake account using the name Vincent Bell trolling and insulting other users. This guy has some mental issues and has an ongoing series of rants against American women. It appears he uses a proxy server to make it hard for TLC to ban him. There is also news that he and his daughter Elise are now estranged because of Nikki.

Link?

• Love 3

They're still married. Nikki found a job at a nearby bakery but quit when her boss wanted her to work nights. She wears braces on her teeth and without makeup looks very young.  She was in Cebu in January to visit family. Elise moved out of the boat house behind Mark's main residence and now lives with her Mom nearby.  Mark's ex is very close to all her kids who visit regularly.

Edited by milo
  • Love 6

They apparently sued Discovery Communications, Sharp Entertainment, and NBC for a variety of allegations including misrepresentation of their characters. The case was thrown out. Here are some documents about the case- apparently Mark only made $1000 per episode

https://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/other-courts/2017/2017-ny-slip-op-51208-u.html

Here is one paragraph:

Plaintiffs allege that they were misled into believing that the show was a documentary or "docu-series," that it was not scripted, that they would not have to promise anything, or that they would not be forced to do or say anything. Plaintiffs also allege that when they watched the third and fourth episodes, the day before they filmed the final "Tell All" episode, they realized that Defendants fraudulently misrepresented Plaintiffs' roles in the show and improperly altered several footages to cause Plaintiffs' damages, including the destruction of their reputation. Plaintiffs further allege that the language of the Release is vague, ambiguous, misleading and overreaching. Plaintiffs relied on the producer's false verbal explanations and promises and they only signed the release and agreements in reliance on such misrepresentations.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I worked as a litigation paralegal for fifteen years. The majority of my caseload was complex contract law. When Mark started making comments about suing Sharp, my first reaction was to wonder how many attorneys he would meet with before he gave up. Many contracts make it onto the web after being included in legal briefs, and I really, really, really, reaallly want to read Sharp's. When I couldn't find their contract, even with Westlaw, I knew that it must have been ironclad, resulting in lawsuits not being filed by the participants of their reality television shows. According to the Dismissal, Mark and Nikki represented themselves.

During their season, I never once thought Sharp was manipulating their story to the extent it would be fraudulent. They are both just clueless about how they appear to others. At least, Mark is clueless, Nikki was auditioning to become a "movie star" like Mohamed. Sharp does manipulate footage, cut and splice conversations, and many times doesn't do a good job of it, but neither of those things resulted "destruction" of their reputations. Their actions are to blame for that; they both said and did childish, eye-rolling, point-and-laugh at the idiots things, and Sharp didn't have to manipulate things one way or the other. Neither one of them came across looking good, and they both deserve each other. 

• Love 6

So it sounds like Mark & Nikki were right, they just didn't have the paperwork case. So no ethical lawyer would take the case. Perhaps they should have watched the first two seasons before buying the documentary line from the recruiter looking for the old man with a young girl.

• Love 3

As my friend (in my mind) Judge Judy would say, "if it isn't found within the four corners of the contract, it doesn't exist."  That's why contracts are so important, Mark.  If every contract could be changed based on someone going to court and saying "but they told me..." all business and financial transactions would be worthless.  As a business owner, Mark surely knows this.  Maybe the producers promised something, maybe they didn't.  

• Love 3

I have no doubts that the producers told him and promised him things, because past cast members have said the same thing. Many from the first season thought they were filming a documentary and didn't realize until the show aired that it was going to be edited as it was. Season 2 cast member Jason of Jason/Cassia has routinely bashed Sharp Entertainment, alleged that they were told to act a certain way and would likely get their own spin-off show, realized when they wouldn't let him stay in a newlywed suite in Las Vegas, one that he negotiated himself (using the show as a negotiating point), and made them stay in that no-tell motel, that they weren't going to keep their end of the bargain. 

Jason was the most vocal, but many of the Season 1 cast members discussed their disappointment with the show and how things were edited out-of-context and made things look completely different from how they were. Season 1 cast member Mike of Mike/Aziza said his mother and sister were plied with alcohol on an outing with Aziza and told to ask her questions about if she just wanted to marry him for a Green Card, and the show looked like his family didn't like her. He said that his family was quite upset at their portrayal.

Mark was Season 3. By that time, the previous cast mates had been sharing their dismay with the show's portrayal of them, and his daughter has said that his kids had tried to talk him out of marrying her and being on the show, because they knew how he would be portrayed. His sons refused to take part on the show and wouldn't even allowed their photos to be shown. 

Just like I suspect he has done throughout his life, Mark decided to believe what he wanted to believe, ignored anything that interfered with his beliefs, and plowed ahead secured in his belief that he was right. Then, when the showed aired, he became outraged. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Christina said:

I have no doubts that the producers told him and promised him things, because past cast members have said the same thing. Many from the first season thought they were filming a documentary and didn't realize until the show aired that it was going to be edited as it was. Season 2 cast member Jason of Jason/Cassia has routinely bashed Sharp Entertainment, alleged that they were told to act a certain way and would likely get their own spin-off show, realized when they wouldn't let him stay in a newlywed suite in Las Vegas, one that he negotiated himself (using the show as a negotiating point), and made them stay in that no-tell motel, that they weren't going to keep their end of the bargain. 

Jason was the most vocal, but many of the Season 1 cast members discussed their disappointment with the show and how things were edited out-of-context and made things look completely different from how they were. Season 1 cast member Mike of Mike/Aziza said his mother and sister were plied with alcohol on an outing with Aziza and told to ask her questions about if she just wanted to marry him for a Green Card, and the show looked like his family didn't like her. He said that his family was quite upset at their portrayal.

Mark was Season 3. By that time, the previous cast mates had been sharing their dismay with the show's portrayal of them, and his daughter has said that his kids had tried to talk him out of marrying her and being on the show, because they knew how he would be portrayed. His sons refused to take part on the show and wouldn't even allowed their photos to be shown. 

Just like I suspect he has done throughout his life, Mark decided to believe what he wanted to believe, ignored anything that interfered with his beliefs, and plowed ahead secured in his belief that he was right. Then, when the showed aired, he became outraged. 

Mark happily supplied the editors with hours of horrid behavior to work with. I never believe the editing excuse. Dont any of these morons talk to "stars" from previous seasons? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2017 at 0:13 AM, spankydoll said:

Mark happily supplied the editors with hours of horrid behavior to work with. I never believe the editing excuse. Dont any of these morons talk to "stars" from previous seasons? 

Or watch the prior seasons? I could maybe rally behind Mark if he was a first season participant. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, greekmom said:

I have to ask.... anyone heard any news on these guys??  I thought they would be divorced by now.

On reddit there was a poster recently that saw Mark at target, he was complaining  about or trying to return a cell phone. His hair look dyed in the picture. The poster said she/he did not see Nikki. I believe they are still together from various posts but no pics to prove.

I would love an update on what's now but I think after Mark sued TLC they are not coming back. 

• Love 4
On 5/21/2019 at 5:13 PM, silverspoons said:

On reddit there was a poster recently that saw Mark at target, he was complaining  about or trying to return a cell phone. His hair look dyed in the picture. The poster said she/he did not see Nikki. I believe they are still together from various posts but no pics to prove.

I would love an update on what's now but I think after Mark sued TLC they are not coming back. 

I'd love an update too, I hope she escaped.  Mark is gross.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'd love an update too, I hope she escaped.  Mark is gross.

Remember Mark made her sign the prenup?  Pedro and Chanel had a prenup and they saw a lawyer on a recent episode and she said a prenup meant nothing, Chantel would still be on the hook for Pedro. I hope Nikki leaves too. I wonder if Mark scares her into staying, like it is so expensive to live in America. There are plenty of jobs where I live, a young women like Nikki could get a job in a day and maybe have to start out renting a room, but ina few months could have a decent life. I hope she knows there are ways out.

• Love 4
On 10/10/2016 at 3:31 AM, Christina said:

My respect for Nikki is almost as low as it is for Mark. It is slightly elevated because of her age, but from the show, online sources, and their audition tapes, it was shown that Mark made clear his desire for a young Filipino wife, that he did not want any more children, and that he didn't intend to share his business or home (owned prior to marriage) with his new wife. He arrived in the Philippines with arrangements to meet a few different women, and Nikki picked him up at the airport and didn't let him out of her sight. She knew his plans, and agreed with them, even saying on the interview tape for TLC, "Children...ewww" while making a face. 

Mark's daughter asked her if she planned on going to school or working, and she said she did not. From online sources, she still has not. Mark said he had no problem with her working or going to school to earn her own income, and I really don't think he does. I think that would be another feather in his cap to be able to say, "Look at my young wife, who is in school to be a nurse." or whatever. If they divorce, which will probably happen based on statistics, he will head back over to the Philippines and get another wife, and she will move on to someone else here in the U.S. 

I would be perfectly fine if she did not receive a portion of his home, business, retirement, etc., because it is the agreement she made when she thought she could change his mind after she got here. He did not hide his wishes, and she has not done anything to add value to his assets. If it turns out she does home maintenance such as a stay-at-home wife would do, or worked a bit on his business, too, that would be a different story to me. But as is stands right now, they are both getting what they bargained for out of the marriage. 

Maybe it is me. Her age actually works against her. No kids. Young. She can work! 

He gave her a car.  She can use her divorce settlement to get her own place, etc.

You know, like the rest of us! 

She is not a brand new green card wife.  She has been here long enough to figure out what she wants out of the American Dream! 

Can anyone clarify?  I thought the 10 year support was if the green card spouse received any welfare assistance. Then the sponsoring spouse has to pay that money back, etc.  A lot of these women have kids.....so, I can see them seeking assistance.

• Love 1
On 5/27/2019 at 11:24 AM, Dance4Life said:

anyone clarify?  I thought the 10 year support was if the green card spouse received any welfare assistance. Then the sponsoring spouse has to pay that money back, etc.  A lot of these women have kids.....so, I can see them seeking assistance.

It is. But people constantly confuse that and act like there are tons of government social safety net programs out there for young heathy single and childless men and women and there just aren’t. 

• Love 3
On 1/6/2022 at 3:06 PM, Welshman in Ca said:

Yeah, she just sounds like the usual whiny child type.

Not at all. I've been following her twitter for years and she's a really level headed nice young woman.

But what how would you react to your dad marrying a 19 year old and going on reality tv??

• Love 1
16 hours ago, greekmom said:

Not at all. I've been following her twitter for years and she's a really level headed nice young woman.

But what how would you react to your dad marrying a 19 year old and going on reality tv??

I don't follow her & in my opinion she looked like a whiny child in those two videos, you have a different opinion, so what.

Opinions are like arseholes.