Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Aleksandra: The Missionary Position

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, afd said:

I think she looks the most like her "step-dad" or whatever he is? The guy who was portrayed on the show as her father 

1238840_558029677578332_2086965655_n.jpg

You're right - she does resemble him. Maybe I was thinking of that. Anyone know where she says her bio dad lives? USA? Cuba? Russia?

It's true, babies can look nothing like either one of their parents. It's no doubt awkward when you're in the public eye and people feel free to comment on anything and everything (including myself in this comment...!)

• Love 1

If you guys believe the Cuban guy is her bio dad, I have a bridge I want to sell you :) JK

I would guess he lives in Russia somewhere as the pictures she posted of him are from a Russian website that posts pictures of club events (guessing he is a musician?)

also, apparently she is leaving the US?

Capture.JPG

• Love 1

Well, hell. Ignore this post, nothing to see here. If there were something to see here, it would be two photos posted in other threads. One of Aleks' parents when they attended her Idaho wedding, not one of the Cuban dad, and other of the baby and Alek's friend that someone posted in another thread. I had a comment on it, thought I would bring it over here to their thread, but the quoted posts disappeared and I can't remember were I found them. Hmmpft. Guess I'll go to sleep and try again later.

On 8/1/2017 at 7:33 PM, lettsjetts said:

Aleksandra is saying that the white guy who appeared on the show with her (who looks just like her) is actually her stepfather and her real Dad is black. I am assuming Vlad and Svetlana know the truth and are just happy their daughter and granddaughter have a future with a patient/kind/bright/understanding future doctor in America who appears head over heels in love with Aleks.  From seeing her interact with her parents on the show I think there is a lot of love there and they just want her to be happy.

Aleksandra_90_Day_Fiance_parents.jpg

• Love 1

Did they move to Australia? I know she has tried to be private on social media so it is hard to tell.

There is a new(er) picture of their daughter posted on her facebook page in December. I asked my husband and he thought the baby was adopted.  Maybe they are off to start a new life overseas?

9 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Did they move to Australia? I know she has tried to be private on social media so it is hard to tell.

There is a new(er) picture of their daughter posted on her facebook page in December. I asked my husband and he thought the baby was adopted.  Maybe they are off to start a new life overseas?

She was clearly pregnant and it was very shortly after they were married so I very much doubt she was adopted.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She was clearly pregnant and it was very shortly after they were married so I very much doubt she was adopted.

I know she was pregnant. My husband didn't follow the show and saw the family picture and thought the child was adopted because she doesn't look like her parents.  

Are you kidding me??? For the child to be that dark, it is not genetically possible for it to be that white boys child! The child is a mixture of Caucasian and Black not a Caucasian/Caucasian cross! Hopefully the white boy will be led by god to see the light! 

• Love 1

I don't care who that baby belongs to. She's as cute as she can be and Josh and Aleksandra appear to be happy. She may biologically belong to someone else, and maybe she doesn't, but it seems like Josh is "dad" in every other sense of the word and that's all that matters. 

• Love 14

I was just watching a newscaster in front of giant sign saying REXBURG and I thought hmmm why do I know that name? It is the home of Josh and family. There is a searching going on for 2 missing children . Extremely complex case of their mom as a suspect. Also church of Latter Day Saints connection . This mom is from Rexburg .

also, has anyone seen a pic of their second baby ? I wonder how the baby’s appearance compares to their first child. I can’t find any pictures of the second baby which gives me pause..... 

• Love 2
On 2/10/2020 at 8:49 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

also, has anyone seen a pic of their second baby ? I wonder how the baby’s appearance compares to their first child. I can’t find any pictures of the second baby which gives me pause.....

They refuse to post any photos of the second child, which I think is also a girl. They're in New Orleans now for him to attend Medical School so someone will probably eventually capture a photo and post it.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:01 PM, Christina said:

They refuse to post any photos of the second child, which I think is also a girl. They're in New Orleans now for him to attend Medical School so someone will probably eventually capture a photo and post it.

Maybe soon! If anyone else watches married at first sight? The new season is in New Orleans and there is a doctor that is in the same program as Josh. She went to med school in Australia and came back to finish in New Orleans.  Her name is Amelia (can;t miss her she is the quirky bride with a bird nests in her hair and her bridesmaids rode a unicycle down the aisle!  Her mom was a doctor and Josh's dad was a doctor, I wonder if ti is a thing to send your kid to Australia to become a doctor now (It used to be to the islands).  This might be our chance, since people are on the look out for her and there have to be fans of both shows?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 2/12/2020 at 1:01 AM, Christina said:

The child is likely lily white which is why they won't post a pic.  DNA doesn't matter though, Josh loves her and is daddy...end of story for me.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 5

Instagram's embedding feature is messed up, so you'll have to click the links

Last week, Alek posted that their son scratched a angioma on his face and they couldn't get it to stop bleeding -

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGYAdsWDUr4/

Tonight, she posted that he had Covid testing today and if it's negative, he will have surgery tomorrow. She does not say it's about the angioma, but does ask for prayers - 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGyiqqMjuFZ/

FYI - They have never posted a public photo of him or revealed his name.

Alek posted an update and called their son JJ

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG6RgiRDcqB/

alex.mimii

The surgery itself took 30 min. We were told that it would take an hour for JJ to wake up. However, when we came in to the recovery room right after surgery, he was already awake, crying. Sometimes, he'd stop to close his eyes and then would start crying again. Usually we can easily calm him down. But not this time. There was nothing we could do to help him stop crying. I felt so powerless. The nurses said it's normal and sent us home. This is when I felt so misunderstood and neglected. I clearly could see that JJ's in pain, but I couldn't do anything about it. The doctor never showed up, so I had no idea what's going on. JJ cried for the rest of the day, and I cried with him. I wish I could take away his pain. Today, he was feeling much better, thank goodness. But I still feel so much frustration about the whole recovery process.

It sounds like a typical anesthesia response in children to me, but it doesn't make it any easier as the parent to know that it's normal. 

• Love 2
On 12/8/2019 at 3:03 AM, mamadrama said:

I don't care who that baby belongs to. She's as cute as she can be and Josh and Aleksandra appear to be happy. She may biologically belong to someone else, and maybe she doesn't, but it seems like Josh is "dad" in every other sense of the word and that's all that matters. 

I agree with this.  Your father is the person who takes care of you, the one who raises you.  They're happy, why be mean spirited?

• Love 7
On 12/8/2019 at 3:03 AM, mamadrama said:

The thing is that it's none of my business who's DNA the kid has and you want to lie to yourselves go ahead, but it was THEIR decision to go on national tv to display their relationship and people are curious.  If you want to lie then lie. But make it believable or just own up to the truth.

Even the little girl when she become of age to understand will know that she isn't this man's natural daughter. His daughter yes. But not his natural daughter. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

The thing is that it's none of my business who's DNA the kid has and you want to lie to yourselves go ahead, but it was THEIR decision to go on national tv to display their relationship and people are curious.  If you want to lie then lie. But make it believable or just own up to the truth.

Even the little girl when she become of age to understand will know that she isn't this man's natural daughter. His daughter yes. But not his natural daughter. 

I was just saying that I personally don't care. Obviously they're on our TV and are therefore fair game to criticize and discuss. My comment is a year old and I barely remember making it. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 3
On 10/30/2020 at 7:20 AM, Neurochick said:

I agree with this.  Your father is the person who takes care of you, the one who raises you.  They're happy, why be mean spirited?

Look at Josh & Aleksandra's  place on the show, maybe besides Hazel on Before the 90 shown pulling away from her church they were the last of maybe 5 couples to put their faith out as a storyline before they started having Muslim men and that fear being the go to story when women started petitioning the K-1 on the show. .

But more than that they just shared a faith they had Josh saying this is how God intended relationships to happen. That he was the model. So the snark because everyone thinks his wife cheated just before coming over to America.  But when you think on it that if she did and  he accepted the daughter maybe Josh is a minor prophet and did show the way, just not how he thought he was as a missionary.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 2
On 12/1/2020 at 9:25 AM, Raja said:

Look at Josh & Aleksandra's  place on the show, maybe besides Hazel on Before the 90 shown pulling away from her church they were the last of maybe 5 couples to put their faith out as a storyline before they started having Muslim men and that fear being the go to story when women started petitioning the K-1 on the show. 

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but I have to note how TLC regularly and repeatedly ridicules Orthodox Christianity.  Each of the most recent seasons includes completely disrespectful portrayals of the religion and beliefs:

• Natalie and Mike - She's the crazy one, even though he believes in aliens
  • Andrrrei and Libby - Mocked the sacrament of baptism in the commentary and portrayal
  • Bini and Ariela - Mocked baptism in Ari's assessment ("It's just sprinkling water.") and Ari's repugnance during the service.  I haven't watched Sunday's episode, but I'm sure the mass religious service was portrayed as primitive and ridiculous despite its religious significance.

This is contrast to the portrayals of Islam, where the followers offer the storylines (like Mohammed (Danielle) proclaiming he can't kiss her at their wedding during Ramadan) or the Americans participate in a service.

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Useful 2