Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: We Are All One-Sie

OK, so this is what's gonna save Julie's husband's Downton Abbey?

http://www.jubfood.com/

Seriously?  Wouldn't she have to sell a zillion of those things ?  And even if she does (which I highly doubt), what would that add up to?  A hundred pounds?  Oy, which one of them is playing dopey Robert Crawley -- Julie or the husband?

I have been to London twice in the last year and a half and also toured Yorkshire and Wales during these trips.  We were actually treated very nicely, but we had no contact with upper-class twits.  We had contact with people of different classes and ethnic backgrounds. 

There are many foreigners working/living there now:  Polish, Italians, etc.  My husband was attending a medical meeting, and the doctors were very cordial--they're not upper class, really.  I thought London seemed very much like our home town of NYC, actually.  There's a similar energy of people trying to get where they are going very fast.  They have a similar subway system, theater, museums. 

If some people are impolite, it could be tourist fatigue:  I worked for many years in the Times Square area.  Now I work near the World Trade Center.  Both areas are overrun with tourists.  I try to be nice and give them directions, etc. 

Well, I've lived in Manhattan for 25 years & I couldn't disagree with you more.  Gosh, there are so many differences between here & London.  To me, they're soooo deeply & vastly different.  As I just got outta the disgusting subway here, I remember how I always like taking the London Underground.  Anyhoo, this is way off-topic, but I could write a book on the differences between NYC & London.  

And btw, I was in non-tourist parts of London, when I got some anti-American hate thrown at me.  But I also experienced it in hotels & restaurants as well.  Look, if you haven't experienced it in London, then great.  All I'm saying is, don't be surprised if you do, because you may very well -- eventually.  Believe me, it took me very much by surprise.  And when I've been in Paris, I've NEVER experienced this.  So there you go.

The thing is, I don't think any of this is usually apparent or obvious -- I mean this anti-American attitude.  And it may only be coming from a small minority, but it does exist,  And I suspect we'll be seeing more of it on the show.  I mean, are Duckface Caroline & Annabelle sneering at the Americans on the show because they're idiots/fools/morons/buffoons-- or because they're Americans, or both?  Hmmmm.

Does anyone know who the 16yr old with Julie is?  I thought she was far too young to have a 16 year old daughter (though bravo's website says she has 4 kids).

I hadn't noticed how yellow everyone's hair looked until several people mentioned it.  Now I can't "un"notice that :-)

I was wondering who the heck that girl was.  Well, I pass Sonja Morgan's townhouse every day on my way home from the subway, so maybe I got her on my brain.  I just figured, since it's so obvious from Julie's badly-colored, lank, never-styled hair, how she's got no dough (just like ole Sonja) -- er, I thought the girl was Julie's intern. 

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Just curious, anyone else really like Caroline S's hair?  She's the only one on here whose hair I like.  It does look kinda wiggy & yet sorta cool.  It makes her face look a bit less duck-like -- and she kinda looks like Julie Christie from some flick from the '60's.  I know, she wishes she looked like Julie Christie in her prime.  I said just a bit.  Actually, I think her hair is nicely colored.  In this ep, her color didn't look off.  But man, it was Julie who I thought was gonna start chirping like a canary with that neon yellow hair.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

OK, so this is what's gonna save Julie's husband's Downton Abbey?

http://www.jubfood.com/

Seriously?  Wouldn't she have to sell a zillion of those things ?  And even if she does (which I highly doubt), what would that add up to?  A hundred pounds?  Oy, which one of them is playing dopey Robert Crawley -- Julie or the husband?

The website is pitiful. The product is worse. And considering the fact they have this land, Julie is a yoga instructor, and she wants to sell her dumb JUB balls, you would think that they would turn part of the property into a spa. Nutritious food, fresh country air, yoga instruction.

• Love 4

Is Caroline1 Jewish, or is her husband?  Because, again looking at the bravo website, her wedding photos show him wearing what looks like a yarmulke. Plus her dress looked very conservative (highish neck, 3/4 length sleeves) and there were no photos of the service. 

Yes - that's a yarmulke. And her conservative gown seems in-line with an orthodox service. 

Luke Timothy Charles Montagu, Viscount Hinchingbrooke (born 5 December 1969). He married Julie Fisher from Chicago, Illinois, on 11 June 2004. They have three sons and a daughter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Montagu,_11th_Earl_of_Sandwich

Illinois-born Julie, 41, is the future chatelaine of Mapperton, for now she is a working mum who balances school runs – her daughter Emma, 16, and sons Jack, 14, William, ten, and Nestor, eight,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-3000591/All-hail-Lady-Kale-meet-superfood-guru-Ladies-London-star-Julie-Montagu.html

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Love 1

I suppose that could be the case, but regardless, he seems like the worst husband. I don't understand why it's Julie's responsibility to "Save Mapperton!" Aren't there other people besides Julie who should be helping, like his own family? He needs to tell her to stop trying so hard. I mean, are they totally broke without Julie's yoga class money? Seriously? Why hasn't he stepped in to tell her he'd rather have her healthy and sane than breaking her back to try to fund his family's money pit?

It appears Luke has been relatively preoccupied with his own health-related issues for the past couple decades: http://beyondmeds.com/2015/07/18/antidepressants-ruined-my-life/ (the story was initially in a Times Magazine article

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/magazine/article4497489.ece but it won't let me read all of it there without a membership.)

But he appears to be doing better now, so that's good! He apparently co-founded this organization: http://cepuk.org His father is evidently involved with it as well - http://cepuk.org/members/

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 3

Does anyone know if the long time between filming and airing is normal. We saw them just celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas and now New Years. I mean cripes it's almost October, a year seems long in reality TV time. Maybe this show was on the bubble and they were not sure if they were bringing it back.

JUB balls, really unfortunate name for her product. She really should have thought more before naming.

She may be bitchy but Carolyn S is about the only one I find watchable. All the others are either fighting, moping of breaking down into hysterics. I like her who the hell cares attitude. I also loved the white dress she wore to the New Years party.

Edited by Texasmom1970
  • Love 3

Does anyone know if the long time between filming and airing is normal

It's normal for Bravo. Several show that air in the summer have Christmas scenes. I think they film for a relatively long time and then spend extra time developing storylines and edits. I think for some shows they'll even restart filming if they think they haven't gotten a story.

I like how this is edited, like the 3 second clips of Christmas Day for each. They take time to craft shots too, like the overhead angles of the big room when Julie and Annabelle met for coffee.

• Love 3

My surprises of the episode:

Annabelle is the one who goes and sees what's going on with Julia and comforts her. 

Caroline brings onesies to the New Year's Eve Party.  Just seems so not Caroline.

Juliet, who made such a big deal about tradition on Thanksgiving, goes to Mexico for Christmas.  What, not at home or in the States with a traditional Christmas tree and traditional Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day events?

Julie's breakdown on New Year's Eve seemed more about stress than what Caroline said (although I thought is was a tad mean).  Caroline did apologize but then she should have just shut up.  She is such a snob but I enjoy her on the show.  It's a love/hate thing.

I do like Julie even though that name for her product is just...well.  The other Caroline just kinda makes me laugh. 

• Love 7

Juliet, who made such a big deal about tradition on Thanksgiving, goes to Mexico for Christmas.  What, not at home or in the States with a traditional Christmas tree and traditional Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day events?

Well, it's just Jesus birthday, not hers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

I will say I absolutely adored the quick "home movie/stills" of the Christmases, it just felt "authentic" for a Bravo show!

Plus it illustrated that Christine F' s weird three tiered table top was how she rolls! Combined with a bottle of wine for every twobguests and her not giving a shit about The nonsense Juliet was spewing makes me adore her!

• Love 1

"JUB balls", "Bumpkin" - these gals need to learn how to name things, because they are not doing it right. 

This.  Case in point: Marissa.  Although I'm sure she was going for the French meaning of romantic candlelit dinners when she and her husband named Boujis, to me all I hear is "bougie" which is quite popular urban slang for thinking you are better than you really are. 

• Love 10

This.  Case in point: Marissa.  Although I'm sure she was going for the French meaning of romantic candlelit dinners when she and her husband named Boujis, to me all I hear is "bougie" which is quite popular urban slang for thinking you are better than you really are. 

Ha, "bougie" is my immediate thought whenever she says Boujis. Pretty appropriate for her. That segment with her and her husband going through their new space made me dislike her even more. How gross to go through the restaurant while it's still being used and snottily say, "Well, we're going to have completely redo the kitchen... ugh, it smells in here..." I mean, sure, that place looked like it had issues, but do you have publicly embarrass the prior owners by broadcasting that on television? 

• Love 5

Right?! They were standing right in front of diners sneering at the decor. How rude. And then making that loud ruckus about how smelly the basement was. That place looked small, so they could not have been very far from the customers while they were doing that. Especially with a camera crew in tow. Between that scene and her comment last week about how if you don't go to the right Christmas parties then she doesn't even know you - Ugh, what a snob. Get over yourself, M! 

• Love 5

This. Case in point: Marissa. Although I'm sure she was going for the French meaning of romantic candlelit dinners when she and her husband named Boujis, to me all I hear is "bougie" which is quite popular urban slang for thinking you are better than you really are.

Marissa didn't name it, though it's old clientele is probably why years later it still exists even when clubs go out of fashion and close and why Caroline and Annabelle don't fuck with Marissa as much as they could.

As far as the restaurant walk through I think the thing I am most shocked by (because of mostly empty promises and talking about doing all this shit on Bravo shows with no concrete examples) the fact that Marissa and her husband gutted that space and made it even a fast casual place so quickly is impressive (it opened in May 2015).

I imagine though made to order her hot dogs which actually exist come out quicker than Sonja Morgan takes to stand from a sitting position.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

When Marissa talked about the hot dog shop, I instantly thought only Americans would eat there. It's been really eye-opening to me to see how much Americans are disliked by the Brits. I was so naïve about our relationship with them!

When Juliet was talking to Caroline 2, and Caroline 1 was so disgusted by her ass kissing, yet amused because she was kissing the wrong ass to get a leg up in society, I wanted to shove an orange slice in her mouth. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it's possible that they started out making nice conversation because they were seated next to each other, and then Juliet liked Caroline 2, and since she is in the market for new friends, said she would love it if they got to know each other better only for that reason. Not every move that these women make are necessarily to scrape their way to the top of London's Finest, Caroline. Sometimes women are friends even though there's nothing in it for them except the friendship.

Nah...not in this group

The "JUB saves Mapperton" story doesn't make sense. I question whether the true intention of JUB is to generate enough income to support Mapperton. It would take quite awhile to get the company going, then sell it. Plus, saying she'd sell it for a specific sum seemed kind of odd so early in the game. Maybe we are missing a big part of this story. I do think she was trying to advertise JUB - perhaps to seek the investors.

Maybe the reason they maintain a home in London is to school the children, plus provide yoga clients. Still, the rushing on a bicycle from class to class, plus baking, plus raising children seems insanely inefficient.

I think Juliet is the only one of these hucksters who isn't trying to market something or create a brand.

Plus, isnt there some kind of health code rule about selling food made in your own, non commercial kitchen? Edited by Christi

How come Caroline gave Julie shit for doing a headstand, since Julie is married to an Earl, but she didn't criticize the baroness?

I think she did mention it.  I love Caroline, I can't help it, her sense of humor, though mean is right on target so she's really just saying what everyone else is thinking without giving a damn.

She's real people though, you can see the fear in her eyes watching her company go down. I don't feel sorry for her though, her office decor is an indicator that the investment money wasn't all invested in the best manner, and like someone else pointed out when there was a crisis getting orders filled she wasn't in any hurry to rush down and get her hands dirty.

Juliet bothers me, I can't quite put my finger on it but I would prefer any party without her or Marissa there.

• Love 3

Plus, isnt there some kind of health code rule about selling food made in your own, non commercial kitchen?

I think it depends on the locale.  In the states many places now have cottage food ordinances, in some instances, like California, it was response to the recent trendiness of artisanal foods.  Health regulations are a lot different in Europe though, so I can't speak to what the ordinance is in London and I'm way too lazy to look that shit up.  

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 3

Caroline1 was so very very rude to Julie at their meeting, saying Julie had no brains. I was impressed that Julie maintained her composure. I think Julie cracked at the party due to alcohol and stress -- maybe feeling awkward her husband wasn't there, too.

Then Caroline1's first comment to Juliet is something like "oh, are you expecting twins now?" because Juliet was wearing a loose dress. Who DOES that??? I would NOT want to hang around Caroline1 at all. She is mean, but pretends she is joking.

• Love 3

Does anyone know if the long time between filming and airing is normal. We saw them just celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas and now New Years. I mean cripes it's almost October, a year seems long in reality TV time. Maybe this show was on the bubble and they were not sure if they were bringing it back.

JUB balls, really unfortunate name for her product. She really should have thought more before naming.

She may be bitchy but Carolyn S is about the only one I find watchable. All the others are either fighting, moping of breaking down into hysterics. I like her who the hell cares attitude. I also loved the white dress she wore to the New Years party.

Seriously, JUB balls?  I mean, could she have picked a more unappealing name for a food product?  Ew.  How about roach or rat poop?  OK, it's not quite that bad, but still, it stinks.  And it ain't gonna save her hubby's Downton Abbey.

ITA about Caroline S.  She's nasty as fuck, but her snarkiness makes this show watchable.  I look forward to it, actually -- much as I hate to admit that.  But Annabelle & Julie are just soooo depressing.  And Juliet's a moron.  And Marissa makes me go yuck every time I see her mug pop up.  Not sure why, but I find her really blech.

Wait, so that girl is Julie's daughter?  Oh, the poor thing.  Guess she'll be in indentured servitude -- unpaid nanny for the other kids, unpaid gardner for the estate and/or unpaid worker for JUB balls.  The Brit version of Sonja's intern nonsense?  Using family members as slaves?  Ah, to be part of the poor-rich class.  Sounds awful to me.  And if it means you have to go around with crappy canary-yellow hair, Julie can have it.

• Love 2

So I watched it again. Julie's hair looks quite pretty and natural when she's outside, in natural lighting. And it also looks good in her restaurant scene with Annabelle.

But Marissa's hair looks green in the dead animal smell scene.

I don't remember this being an issue last season.

Yep. I also liked the dress she wore to Caroline F.'s dinner party. 

I just couldn't keep from laughing at the "it was like the Titanic took her children" comment.

• Love 2

I went to London and Paris last year and every single Londoner was super nice and the Parisians were witches to the nth degree. I was never more happy than when it was time to fly home and I got to the American Airlines gate at Charles DeGaulle and everyone was speaking like a Chicagoan and I could get the hell out of France. Blech.

Yes, Caroline S is a nasty shrew but she makes this show interesting and I want to hear irreverence as much as possible. And, she eats a big honking slice of red velvet cake for lunch.   I laughed out loud when I saw her sitting on top of Gregor and he was making zero effort to get away from her. Oh, and my favorite line of the night was from Caroline, how Julie's crying "could have ruined my entire night if I wasn't me and can just snap out of things." 

But Annabelle & Julie are just soooo depressing.  And Juliet's a moron.  And Marissa makes me go yuck every time I see her mug pop up.

Annabelle's horse accident last year was pretty horrible. I can't imagine that she's able to do much of anything still, so maybe her kid's book gave her something to work on during her recuperation.

Juliet still looks miserable. It must suck to not have any friends and to have to hang out and film with people who don't like you, because otherwise you have nothing to do but sit home and cry and watch reality tv. Her NYE's dress was hideous.  

JUBs are DUM.  Is it candy? Is it a cookie? I looked at that website and it sounds like chocolate covered sawdust balls to me. No thanks. I'll just have some of Caroline's red velvet cake to give me a natural boost of energy. Jules does look like she's cracking up.

The Top Dog looks cute but the hot dogs still don't sound good. And she put chili sauce on a Chicago dog, which is sacrilegious. I would never go there because all I would be thinking about is that there is a bad smelling basement and maybe they store my food in there, next to the dead animals or maybe it's even a dead Victorian grandma's skeleton rotting away in the basement.  I know I would think I smelled something odd, so no thanks.

Anyway, I really like this show. I think it totally delivers, DO YOU HEAR THAT ANDY COHEN????

thanks.

• Love 2

Um, Annabell may have missed on mark on always knowing she was clever. I swear, she's the dullest person I've ever witnessed.

I kind of can't blame Caroline for being a little impatient with Juile's break down. The comment was so insignificant that I had to rewind my DVR to catch it. Then Julie wouldn't actually take the apology. Plus she had been screaming about yoga and doing head stands at the table. All fine and in good fun, but you also have to expect some ribbing if you're going to go all uber yogi in the middle of a party.

I think Julie must have been stressed out about something else and the comment from Caroline kind of pushed her over the edge. I imagine she's been told a few times that she's not necessarily a 'royal' fit. I think she's very normal and kind, but she's not that refined. Maybe she worries that she's embarrassed her husband and their family...IDK.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

I think Julie must have been stressed out about something else and the comment from Caroline kind of pushed her over the edge. I imagine she's been told a few times that she's not necessarily a 'royal' fit. I think she's very normal and kind, but she's not that refined. Maybe she worries that she's embarrassed her husband and their family...IDK.

I was thinking the same thing. Technically, she's an "insider" who will always be the outsider so that must be kind of difficult to deal with every day. I think she got more than she bargained for by marrying into her husband's family.

• Love 1

Maybe there is an insane first wife hidden in the attic of Mapperton and that's why her husband has to be there so often. 

And that would explain the older daughter who doesn't really look like Julie! Perhaps Julie actually started out as a governess...

• Love 1

Regardless of Julie's fashion and the unflattering lighting on her hair, I can't help but feel sorry for her.  She seems a kind, genuine person at heart and she was clearly suffering on NYE. 

I like Caroline S. because she is reality tv gold but she was very pissy toward Julie at that lunch and I didn't get it.  If you're so busy and consider it an inconvenience to speak with Julie, then don't meet her on a work day.  Or don't meet her at all.  The continued digs on Julie's intelligence were really nasty and uncalled for.  Even if she were trying to be funny, that's just not funny to me. 

I agree that Julie should be talking to Marissa and her husband, who obviously know how to run a business.  They both seem approachable too.

I also agree with the poster above who said that Julie should be offering a spa weekend at Mapperton.  Absolutely.  Even a Saturday morning yoga session on the grounds, followed by a brunch inside would probably be well met.  If I lived in the London area, I would totally do it.  The grounds are gorgeous and how often can most people say they have dined in an actual English estate?  Julie could push her JUB grub and potentially get yoga clients for the week in London.  I will say that Julie appears to be a devoted and fit yoga instructor.

I actually liked seeing Annabelle smile and her children's book.   I want to like her, I really do so this fills my little heart with glee.

Caroline S.'s sister in law can go away now.

• Love 8

I like Caroline S. because she is reality tv gold but she was very pissy toward Julie at that lunch and I didn't get it.  If you're so busy and consider it an inconvenience to speak with Julie, then don't meet her on a work day.  Or don't meet her at all.  The continued digs on Julie's intelligence were really nasty and uncalled for.  Even if she were trying to be funny, that's just not funny to me.

I like Caroline for the same reason, but I couldn't understand why she bothered meeting with Julie, since she was ragging on the whole idea to Luke. I think Julie's the most genuinely nice person out of their group. But like you said, why meet with someone if that person is an inconvenience to you?

• Love 1

Random thoughts on this episode:

How come Caroline gave Julie shit for doing a headstand, since Julie is married to an Earl, but she didn't criticize the baroness?

I had the same question! And it was Caroline Fleming who started it.. I noticed Caroline Fleming in turn departed from her generally neutral stance to support Caroline Stanbury by insisting what CS said was just a joke. They're propping each other up. I wonder if cracks will show in their old friendship under the strain of doing a reality show. Is it evil to say that I'll enjoy that drama?

Talking of cracks in a relationship, I found it interesting that Annabelle lashes out at Caroline Stanbury in a TH for behaving as she did to Julie. So far those two haven't messed with each other, seeing as Annabelle hasn't been around much. But let's see what the future brings! I think Annabelle is going to claim old money credentials, while Caroline Stanbury can't. I could be wrong.

Caroline F's behavior reminds me of Sonja's in her first season on RHONY. Sonja thought she knew the dynamic on NY and she really didn't.  She tried to turn the show into burlesque & did outrageous thing because she assumed that's what the fan wanted..that's my theory about her anyway. In LOL Caroline Fleming similarly is trying too hard to be outrageous....possibly to piss off her uppity family (I think this was hinted last episode) or trying to do what she thinks the audience expects. Hope she gets over it,  Under that fake outrageousness, there seems to be a decent person who isn't out to get anyone.

As much as I think that Caroline S. is an icy pretentious bitch, I didn't see anything wrong with her comment about Julie's headstand. I would have probably said something similar.For Julie to break down sobbing was just weird. And her balls are supposed to save her husband's family's estate? Talk about pressure. No wonder she's falling apart.

I've enjoyed Caroline S's bitchiness till this episode. But now I do think she's  off her game, and there's an undertone of spite and desperation to her humor. As someone posted, she's probably anxious about her business and she takes it out on whichever target presents itself. The annoying thing is she's happy going after easy targets. I think Julie reacted so strongly because it's her livelihood that is being mocked. It was so clear from the start of the episode that Annabelle and Juliet were helping each other shill their products....it might be the major reason Julie is on the show. So to have her expertise messed with has to be worrying.

I didn't much like Caroline's digs at Juliet  either. It happens when Juliet is sucking up to Caroline Fleming, and Caroline S says Juliet  is backing the wrong horse in Caroline F who has no interest in the London social scene. That's fine, but then Caroline S threw in the jab of knowing the owners while Juliet knows the busboy. That's just such a stupid thing to say & it fell flat. Their class system is really and truly appalling to me.

That old old old theme of the classy Brits making fools out of crude Americans is painful to watch. I'm neither British nor American, and I can't stand it. I wish they'd retire it this season. Or if not, I at least want the tables to be turned so that someone takes Caroline Stanbury  on  as well as she does the Americans. Btw, Though they aren't chasing Americanness as hard as Juliet and Marissa are chasing Britishness, they're unconsciously taken with Americanisms, IMO. Caroline Stanbury likes to try them out, but she's always a bit off. I noticed it the last episode and it's back in this one - eg the way she said "hard-ass bitch." It was the wrong context,,,,and  just hard ass would have been enough, without the bitch tacked on. And her sister in law (Sophie?) has a strange mid-Atlantic accent that those BBC shows used to make fun of.  I hope someone on tLOL makes fun of their  US-philia just as much as they do of the anglophilia of the Americans.

I can see Juliet chasing Caroline S and Caroline Fleming for a while but I predict that she will be the one who gets bored and drops them at some point. And that will take the British/Dutchwomen by surprise.

Edited by nyxy
  • Love 3

You know, I'm just not getting where the producers of this thing are going.  Are they trying make us jealous of these broads? Julie is what -- in her 30's?  She looks older than Moaner, who's almost 60.  Sorry, Julie, but you look like shit & your life looks life absolute hell.  We're supposed to envy this?  And how much could she make from being a yoga teacher?  50 cents?  Honestly, I find every shot of Julie extremely depressing.  Even more so than sour/dour Annabelle.  They should at least show the estate.  And what's the deal with her husb?  Maybe he just didn't wanna be part of the show.

I wouldn't say Gregor is hot -- not exactly.  But he sure isn't what I'd expect to be married to whiny-ass plainish, unmade-bed Juliet.  Why the fuck is this woman always talking about wanting what she had as a little girl?  You are an adult woman, Juliet -- why are you always whining endlessly about this shit?  Ugh.

Hey, shockers, I actually noticed Annabelle break into a half-smile at the fancy-shmancy NYE party.  I gasped in disbelief.  Nah, stay sour, dour & depressed, Annabelle.  That's your shtick, hun.  Might as well stick with it.

Yoga Teacher here, I can only comment on Chicago market but I would say an experienced teacher in a big city ( depending on the studio) would pull 50, 60 dollars a class? Some also pay per head, so if she taught 60 people on New years day ( is that what she said?) she could have pulled a big chunk of change. Most teachers who solely teach yoga do a lot of workshops to supplement teaching classes, because if you teach one class at one studio and then have to rush across town to teach another ect its not only exhausting but you wind up working way longer

Also, is she teaching 6 classes a day? No wonder she was/is seeming like a hot freaking mess. That is a lot even if its your full time job. Teaching is exhausting ( and I'm not talking physically)

BUT you will not make enough money teaching yoga to save a multi million dollar estate, fact. lol.

And I don't mean to judge her but being a yoga teacher she should really let that shit gooooo, especially Carolines comment about her headstand. If she is slow so what,  you don't have to explain yourself to anyone. She took it too personally and Caroline is a bitch ( who should have apologized once she saw Julie was upset) but I really didn't understand why she got so worked up about it. Yoga isn't a race. I think she is just overworked, over stressed, her husband SUCKS and was a little drunk.

• Love 1

Yoga Teacher here, I can only comment on Chicago market but I would say an experienced teacher in a big city ( depending on the studio) would pull 50, 60 dollars a class? Some also pay per head, so if she taught 60 people on New years day ( is that what she said?) she could have pulled a big chunk of change. Most teachers who solely teach yoga do a lot of workshops to supplement teaching classes, because if you teach one class at one studio and then have to rush across town to teach another ect its not only exhausting but you wind up working way longer

Also, is she teaching 6 classes a day? No wonder she was/is seeming like a hot freaking mess. That is a lot even if its your full time job. Teaching is exhausting ( and I'm not talking physically)

BUT you will not make enough money teaching yoga to save a multi million dollar estate, fact. lol.

And I don't mean to judge her but being a yoga teacher she should really let that shit gooooo, especially Carolines comment about her headstand. If she is slow so what,  you don't have to explain yourself to anyone. She took it too personally and Caroline is a bitch ( who should have apologized once she saw Julie was upset) but I really didn't understand why she got so worked up about it. Yoga isn't a race. I think she is just overworked, over stressed, her husband SUCKS and was a little drunk.

I point to the drinking as the main offender in this situation.  I know I generally have a very thick skin, but there are some situations where I'm sensitive.  However, I know how to mask my feelings so if someone hits that button all they won't get any emotion out of me.

But, from what I understand of drinking it might remove the mask so even if you know how to hide your emotions normally, you'll let them fly.  And of course Caroline had just nettled her about her business plan...so those feelings of being picked on by Caroline were already there.  Now you add some liquor, and someone suggests both that you are a bad yoga teacher (which is your passion) and you somehow aren't fit for your title.....ouch!

• Love 1

Stanbury is a snob of the highest order, but "The woman is crying like the Titanic has taken her children" made me spit out my drink laughing. If you're going to be a bitch, might as well be a witty one.

I find Fleming incredibly charming and intriguing and just gorgeous, even though she hasn't actually done anything yet. She has an aura about her. Also she seems a little bit batshit, but in a good way.

Edited by topgams
  • Love 2