Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Not Fade Away - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

• Start Topic

Here is your Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat thread for your commenting enjoyment!

This thread will close at 10:00 pm, after which you can head on over to the actual episode thread to continue the discussion....

S01.E04: Not Fade Away

Please remember not to post any Walking Dead spoilers in here. There is a thread to compare the shows HERE, so any mention or discussion of the Walking Dead goes there.

Enjoy the episode, have fun commenting and as always, please be respectful to your fellow commenters!

Not Fade Away.  Man, talk about a generic 'wth?' ep title.

First wild guess is Madison shows something resembling an emotion on her face, and Travis begs to her to Not let it Fade Away (too quickly).  Needs to be reminded that the woman he's dating isn't just a homosapien looking robot.

• Love 2

AMC has posted a sneak peek for Not Fade Away. Man, that all went to hell in a hurry! At least I'm assuming it happened quickly. I really want to see what led up to that scene.

The episode description says "Madison and Travis see different sides of the National Guard's occupation in their neighborhood." If Madison sees the ugly truth, does that mean Travis thinks everything's fine now that the cavalry's arrived? (Maybe that garbage gets picked up?)

• Love 4

Total curfew with orders to shoot on sight perhaps?

I took another look, and I think that part of it at least was about people resisting being evacuated. There was NO EVAC sprayed in yellow paint behind the body of the guy on the sidewalk, and the bloated body in the street (nice effect!) had a handgun next to him. I'd guess that there were a number of things going on, and one of them might have been a curfew, too.

• Love 1

In hurricane situations, the government doesn't force evacuations.  A "mandatory evacuation" order basically means you've been warned to get out, and the authorities are leaving.  If you don't leave, there won't be any help coming your way.  So even though it's "mandatory" they can't/won't make you leave.  What the govt wants to do in a biological disaster, who knows?

So, I wonder if instead of resisting evacuation, they found out they will NOT be evacuated, or allowed to evacuate.   IOW, they're being left for dead.

Edited by peach
  • Love 2

So do you think the'll use the Buddy Holly original version of the song for a soundtrack for the episode? Or maybe go with the more familiar Rolling Stones version? My guess is that since the show is set in California they'll use the Grateful Dead version.

And the song could foretell a sappy turn for the show given they lyrics:

'Love is real and not fade away'

Is this going to be some poorly written drama of Maddie and Travis's love tested but enduring the ZA? God I hope not, because that is far outside the abilities of this writing team to do well.

• Love 3

So do you think the'll use the Buddy Holly original version of the song for a soundtrack for the episode? Or maybe go with the more familiar Rolling Stones version? My guess is that since the show is set in California they'll use the Grateful Dead version.

Is this going to be some poorly written drama of Maddie and Travis's love tested but enduring the ZA? God I hope not, because that is far outside the abilities of this writing team to do well.

I'm thinking cue Whitesnake as they watch LA burn in the evening sunset. The realization that civilization is fastly fading.

Personally, I hope GD and this version because I was there, twirlin' and so happy! I miss those times!

• Love 2

I kinda want to slay the dragon. - Angel.  Not Fade Away

That's where my brain went anyway.

I hope its the former.

Me too.  Megalomaniacs can stay on TWD; borrrrinngg because you know they will do anything.  I want to see the authorites lose control, dammit, and what people do when they realize that they have to help themselves. 

• Love 5

I don't know what this says about me personally, but I only want to find out one thing going in to tonight's show;  I just freaking want to know if this is the episode where Nick finally gets the facial from that rifle butt! 

We've only been seeing that clip in the previews for like the last month now, I'm growing tired of waiting........

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

From the previews, it's gonna be a case of the military having free reign to rape, pillage and plunder the civilians because... that's what men without supervision do.  Madison will see that the powers that be are NOT there for them, knew about the ZA for quite awhile and her botox world will be rocked.  The military will beat up someone in the family to prove a point - I'm hoping it's junkie boy.

There will be many commercials for automobiles and fast food... and the episode will end on a shot of an LA sunset over the smoldering downtown buildings with requisite palm trees in the foreground while "To Live And Die In L.A." by Wang Chung plays us out of the episode.

• Love 2

I just don't understand.  Kim Dickens was fantastic in DeadwoodMaybe it's because she can't say 'c***' on AMC.

Can't they?  I thought it was just pretty much just the F word that was completely 'out of bounds', or at least not used except in very rare cases & instances.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

Can't they?  I thought it was just pretty much just the F word that was completely 'out of bounds', or at least not used except in very rare cases & instances.

I'm guessing that if 'fuck' is out of bounds. 'c***' is waaaaaaay off the menu.  I could be wrong.

• Love 2

The C word is considered just as bad, if not worse. I doubt very much it's allowed.

Oh Travis.  I know you're feeling the run endorphins and all, but a bit too much Mr. Positive. 

I'm with Alicia, stop bickering.

Travis why don't YOU help Madison??  Speeches were only a big plot point on Falling Skies.

OK, Nick is enjoying the apocalypse a bit too much.

Edited by raven

Ack!  I don't want people doing stuff for my own good.  I think I might be trying to jump the wall or whatever.  I'd be chow the same day, but...

as Doug doesn't look good.  C'mon Doug, lighten up!

Doug's not believing the spiel. 

Edited by raven