Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E07: The Guy Who Acts A Fool

Those commercials were truly painful to watch and none of them could act. It is true that many actors would kill for a chance to audition for the CW top executives and it makes me mad that so many of them were not taking it seriously, especially Devin and Bello. I can see Lacey being an actress in a CW show so hopefully that's what she ends up doing after her time on ANTM. I think they should've paired up Devin and Bello in the commercial, which would have been pure comedy gold. They are probably the worst 2 male contestants I have ever seen in the history of the show having male models. Unfortunately, I think they will both stay till the end and probably be in the final 2 together for a Zoolander-style walk to the death on the finale runway, with Courtney probably ending up in the top 3 as well.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 4

That commercial was ridiculous enough, but Nyle... Sigh.  How was Ashley supposed to respond to a man who doesn't speak?

I'm not sympathetic. They weren't conversing - they had their own small, disjointed snippets to add. Him not speaking shouldn't have impeded her performance, but she is wooden and bland, and I'm not surprised it was a commercial that sent her home. Of all the girls, her cutscenes were the weakest.

You got that bad ass boom baby. This episode was comedy gold. I was laughing my ass off at those commercials. Courtney and Bello looked like two decaying zombies that washed up on the beach.

BWAH! Anyone wanna place bets on a "Decaying Zombies Washed Up on the Beach" photoshoot for Cycle 23?

Courtney should have gone.  It wasn't fair to penalize Ashley as much for laughing as they did Devin.  He put her in an impossible position in the skit and sometimes you laugh out of frustration, helplessness, confusion.  She had no way to react to his off-script idiocy.  But of course if she had talked back when they criticized her laughing that would have been a black mark against her too.  She was doomed from the beginning of the episode.   

Ashley's been circling the drain for a few weeks and I find her so boring. I always forget she's there. I'd rather Courtney stick around until they have an actual decent photoshoot because she could produce something great.

I do find Courtney puzzling though. Girls like Lenox and C9 Ebony were practically ripped to shreds by Tyra for their confidence, and Anamaria and Cassie were the recipients of a Tyravention for their bodyimage... but Courtney barely hears a peep about either of these issues. She somehow keeps scraping through in the Bottom 3. I mean, I'm glad because there are TONS of people I'd rather get rid of before Courtney, but I am continually surprised that she's still there.

That freaking commercial got the Vengaboys song form the 90s stuck in my head forever. Thanks Tyra...

That was my favorite song from the ages of 11 to 18. It will always hold a special place in my heart!

Edited by Oholibamah
  • Love 2

Those waves were fierce! I especially liked when Hadassah was knocked clean off of Justin.  Mame must have mentally willed that wave to strike.

Please tell me someone made a soundbyte of Tyra mocking Devin at panel.  That was hilarious. I still laugh when I think of it! 

"Smell my fee-ass biiiiiiitch!  Feel my boom biiiiiitch!"

• Love 2

I can't blame him though, Lacey is gorgeous. I don't know why Tyra gave her a haircut that practically covers half her face.

At one point there was a shot of a really pretty girl  with her hair clipped back getting her makeup done and I didn't know who it was, until I realized it was Lacey.  That haircut really is heinous and doesn't do her justice at all.  Also, it reminds me of my sixth grade teacher.

This. SO MUCH THIS. Finally I just had to start viewing them like parodies, like chocolatine said upthread, or I would have thrown up.

They're supposed to be stupid, right?  Right?  Is it some deal where Tyra is turning it into a test to see whether people can deliver these crappy lines with a straight face?  I hope so.

• Love 2

Well, since this didn't air in NYC until Saturday because of some sportsball or something, I'm a little late with my posting here. But yes, to everything above.

I was surprised when they mentioned the scene would be Shakespeare, because I thought that was a bit harsh. But then it turns out that it's just a "parody" of the style with lots of "eths" added to the end of words. Ugh. It was interesting to see that people were allowed to have their scripts on them. Remember back in the day when they wouldn't even let them have cue cards? They've gone soft on these stupid contestants. It was also really obnoxious that Ashley got in trouble when it was Devin who completely screwed up their scene. From the footage we saw of them, Devin was just running around acting a fool and Ashley was just standing there shellshocked and trying to keep it going. She should've been commended or at the very least, they could've had some sympathy for her. And it's not really fair to complain when they laugh during their performance since they're being given this utterly ridiculous scene to do. That said, it wasn't actually funny, so it shouldn't have been hard for them to keep a straight face! ;)

I loved watching the models literally unable to contain their shivering on that shoot. This is the downside to having 0% body fat, you skinny bitches. :P It didn't seem that cold at first, but then you saw Erik and Yu in parkas while the models are all half-naked, and I was like, "Someone's getting pneumonia!"

Also, I want to know how to apply for the job of the person who got to rub oil on Nyle's abs. (I refuse to use Tyra's Tyra-ism.)

• Love 2

The National Society for the Deaf thanks you, Trya, that there is now is sign language portraying "BOOM BOOM."

Ashley was so frickin' pissed at the panel.  it's not like she was going to become a model though--too short.  Another girl ruined by a Ty-over--it made her look about 35 and hard.

Can someone please run an IV line with Adderall into Devin's arm during the photoshoots and challenges?  A tech can photoshop it out--but please!!!!

• Love 1

"Mikey accidentally winds up sleeping with Bello, and that they are kicked off because they cannot get their hair untangled."

Ok NorthstarATL, you have officially slain me with that one. I live in Atlanta too and you have just shot instantly to local celeb status in my eyes. So glad I found this forum - there are some seriously funny people on here!

• Love 4

To those wondering when/if we were ever actually told that Devin is straight, I can't remember if we were, but anyone remember his pre-makeover Bozo the Clown-meets-Richard Simmons hair? Well, you can knock me over with a feather if you can show me one self-respecting gay man who would leave the house with that horrific hair....other than Richard Simmons, of course. So perhaps not a confirmation of heterosexuality, but anecdotal evidence thereof? Or he could be asexual - after all, think how often he's told to either fuck right off or go fuck himself!

Speaking of anecdotal - Thinking of Richard Simmons reminds me of an amusing personal anecdote: my father was once told off by the concierge at a Ritz Carlton for wearing shorts in their lobby, and RICHARD FREAKING SIMMONS came to his aid (he apparently had special shorts-wearing permission due to his vaunted status as AN AMERICAN ICON!!!!, but still stuck up for his fellow shorts-wearer, which was pretty cool of him). OF COURSE Richard Simmons would be a staunch shorts advocate. Does he even own trousers? Or just those very thick nude hose that are only worn by him, ice skaters, and Hooters waitresses? And now I just remembered Deal-a-Meal!

Depends on how you look at it. I thought it gave him an advantage, both in not having to speak the inane script and in not having to hear it spoken!

I thought this too. The female lines were fairly stupid, but not even in the same universe of stupid as the male lines, so getting to just look at Nyle's perfectly lovely signing instead of hearing the words made the whole thing way better.

ETA My husband came home while I was watching this, and, being a tolerant, secure in his masculinity, and non-judgemental sort, he sat down to finish watching it with me, which has effectively ruined the word "boom" for him, as I got a text from him today telling me that someone in his class has said it, and this ad was all he could think of, and cracked up in the middle of class. This made me laugh, so I just thought I'd share. :)

Edited by kingshearte
  • Love 2