Type keyword(s) to search

The Sneaky 6: Dig your own well!

Why r the freelancing camp followers never shown boiling water after shane's epic well dig? Much footage of them draped about campfire gossiping, but mysteriously there's no struggle to stay hydrated mentioned

I think the show made the decsion to focus more on drama than survival. It became more of a social experiment rather than a survival show. They showed things like them hunting for food, but was less about educating people on the proper way of hunting heels and more so we can see how different people handle managing limited resources (to share, not to share, etc).

If this show is ever on DVD I'd be curious to see what sort of additional footage the put on there. I bet that along with commentary would be pretty darn interesting since there clearly was so much we didn't see (as the large group has been telling us over and over and over again on social media).

I've not followed the social media, so my comments are based solely on aired footage. If the intent was to document group dynamics in a survival context, the production strategy needs rethinking

As a viewer I was frustrated w editing, which obscured real red flag behaviors, ex theShane-Alana-Dani triad where I could see dshonesty, hoarding and, by malignantly stalking & disrupting Shane's hunt.

I've lead over twenty backpacking trips with groups of 12 adolescent boys in residential treatment; wilderness is a potent crucible to build character. that's probably why this show angered me - toxicity, bullying, was empowered & ultimately "survived" ; enabled by practices w low ethical standards and exploitive disrespect of nature and several victimised participants.

• Love 5

And to clarify: my disgust is not confined to some nasty participants, but to the decision makers who decided to let this play out, leaving a hot mess with a phoney feeble follow up.

Lack of accountability - viewers and participants deserve authentic follow ups moderated by skilled leaders . Great concept executed badly

• Love 3