Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: That Great Big Hill Of Hope

Tara Ariano

They already spoiled it in the promos: baboons.

No rhinos or killer zebras ?  I have to say that I'm a little disappointed about that.

Since when are baboons "impenetrable" -- someone has to have a gun, unless the baboons are packing heat to make it an even fight.  Is this the beginning of the 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' ?

• Love 2

Maybe the baboons developed exoskeletons like the French candy ass bears?

I actually don't think it's the baboons - they are featured along with a couple of other animals (sadly no killer zebras) acting out. The only impenetrable thing I can spot in this show is the plot logic.

• Love 3

Anyone connect the title to animals yet?

I thought that the 'The Great Big Hill of Hope' was located just down the street from the 'Valley of Despair' and around the corner from the 'Meadow of Malcontent' beside the 'Forest of Fury' (not to be confused with Fury Road).  Maybe.  </sarcasm>

Surprisingly, the episode title is a lyric from 'What's Up' by 4 Non-Blondes -- it's in the 2nd and 2nd last lines of the song.  I seriously hope this show doesn't ripoff that awesome segment from 'Sense8'.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/whats-up-lyrics-4-non-blondes.html

I guess we have to wait and see if Jamie says "What's going on ?" at some point.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

I'm rooting for the baboons.

Hairy obstacle.  Is it Wolverine?  Oh please oh please let it be Wolverine.  He's exactly what we need on this show.  "I'm the best at what I do, Jamie.  Don't call me 'bub'. "  [extends claws]   SNIKT!  End of Jamie.

• Love 6

Were we supposed to burst out laughing at the end when the actual zoo animals charged the armored vehicle with our heroes? That was the cheeriest moment of the last 7 days in my life.

Jamie watched too many episodes of Criminal Minds in her pre-zoo life.

Billy Burke really sold the emotion over hearing Jamie's voice in spite of the fact that it was f'in' Jamie.

• Love 5

Were we supposed to burst out laughing at the end when the actual zoo animals charged the armored vehicle with our heroes? That was the cheeriest moment of the last 7 days in my life.

Maybe, it's the only time the series is actually entertaining, instead of just boring convoluted nonsense with the mother cell and Raiden Global bs.

What was that last scene about? Were the animals supposed to represent the audience who have been driven mad by the plot of this show?

What the hell was that ?

We finally got lots of animal attacks -- but that entire episode was ridiculous.

Not Wolverine, Sabertooth. Was that supposed to be a cliffhanger?

The fact that we don't even know what we just watched says it all.

Ummm, if Jamie is 18 hours from Delaware by boat, how is it daylight when she calls Mitch at closing time at the bar in D.C. ?

By the way, 18 hours by boat is not somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic. Not even close.

How did everyone else survive the plane crash, but Jamie was never found ?  I seriously doubt that the fisherman saved the "leopard" cub from the water.

• Love 3

"Mitch Morgan, Totally Awesome Scientist"  Hee.  Good show Mitch, standing up for the pug dog aw.  He really did sound broken up to hear from Jamie. Aw I guess. 

I kinda liked that we just jumped right over plane crash and straight to animals attempting take overs.  and YAY not-leopard cub didn't drown.  The show did have me worrying a bit about Abe in the beginning, waiting so long to show him. 

Jackson being chased by two friendly looking Rotties and yellow cats was pretty funny, despite scary growling noises obviously not coming from any of the animals. 

So if we're not renewed, can we assume Jackson dies of a mysterious infection if not in the final animal stampeded?  Animal mass take over for the win?

Hey a cheetah did escape from an Indiana zoo (didn't get far!) this could be the beginning.

Were we supposed to burst out laughing at the end when the actual zoo animals charged the armored vehicle with our heroes?

I don't know but I did.  The show has ended up being sooooo ridiculous, and the acting and over the top facial expressions going along with it, I do wonder if they just decided to go with the camp and be so.very.serious. 

Oh, so we were all thinking Mitch's ex-dog would have something to do with this but no family attacks, no nothing.  Boo.

I wonder if the the cure will do anything to the mosquitoes?  That would be a bummer, mosquitoes taking over, we would be doomed.

Edited by raven
  • Love 2

Ummm, if Jamie is 18 hours from Delaware by boat, how is it daylight when she calls Mitch at closing time at the bar in D.C. ?

By the way, 18 hours by boat is not somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic. Not even close.

How did everyone else survive the plane crash, but Jamie was never found ?  I seriously doubt that the fisherman saved the "leopard" cub from the water.

It certainly didn't help that they tried to jump around ala Lost's opening (except that was done for dramatic effect to set up the plane crash survivors/premise) and here, we've just randomly spread the characters all over the place.

Three things:

1: Cats and Dogs getting along. It is a nice thing to see and a sure sign things have gotten out of control.

2; Baboon Beer!

3; Reasons To Continue. What's going on? Hey Hey Hey Hey. (Oh and Netflix's Sense8 used the song too. I am not sure which one used it more effectively though. I think it worked well for both.)

• Love 1

I honestly almost fell asleep at one point.  Silly me, thinking that the finale would bring out the best cheese on this show.  Besides the final shot and Jackson getting hilariously chased around by the baboons, dogs, and cats (any shot of the cats looking "evil" had me dying), I was bored through a lot it.  Basically the majority of this episode was Jackson ranting to his camera (like father like son!), Abe being a Debbie Downer until getting inspiration from Cancer Congress guy, Mitch getting drunk and fighting Wall Street assholes, and Chloe just hanging around the base, not really getting anything done.  Oh, and Jaime was thought to have been "dead", but really just hanging out at some guy's house.  Not quite what I was wanting, Zoo.

I wonder what the whole point was over Jackson's bite mark.  Is he going to die?  Or will he go crazy?!  Jackson with the defiant pupil would be hilarious!

Didn't even bother checking in on Delavenne or Steven Culp.  Lame.

Man, if this show does get another season, I hope they allocate more budget towards the animals and getting them on camera, because it really felt like the show went animal-light in the back half of this season, and that was a mistake.  This show can be entertaining when it's about the animals, but when it's about these human characters, it just grinds to a halt.  Either way, I'm underwhelmed.  At least it isn't Under the Dome bad... yet.

• Love 3

So if we're not renewed, can we assume Jackson dies of a mysterious infection if not in the final animal stampeded?

I'm guessing he gets sicker and sicker as they make their way to Jamie and the ocelot (or whatever it really is), and it turns out the leopard isn't useful after all and/or the Santa Claus look-alike really is a character from Criminal Minds, and when they arrive, he brings them leopard meet for dinner, so, all is lost, but it turns out Jackson is infected with The Cure.

Then...

I wonder if the the cure will do anything to the mosquitoes?  That would be a bummer, mosquitoes taking over, we would be doomed.

...after they use the mosquitos to spread The Cure, the mosquitos become senient and rebellious in the season 2 finale. The leopard speaks English. Or maybe Swahili.

This stuff just writes itself. They'd be silly not to bring it back next summer. They'd be stupid, however, to try and do it during the fall or early spring.

• Love 2

Billy Burke really sold the emotion over hearing Jamie's voice in spite of the fact that it was f'in' Jamie.

Billy Burke did, by a ridiculously wide margin, the best acting I've seen on this show in that reaction shot over the telephone conversation with Jamie. I'd question Mitch's taste (and maybe his sanity), but not his authenticity.

This stuff just writes itself.

Pretty sure the writing staff thinks so. Unfortunately for us.

I did not expect a cliffhanger ending portending a second season -- I did not sign on for a second season of your witless mummery, Zoo! I don't have enough wine for that! I want closure, dammit. I also want James Wolk and Nonso Anozie to be on a better show. Call your agents, guys. Call Billy's while you're at it.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 10

At least it isn't Under the Dome bad... yet.

If it gets renewed there's always time to sink to that level.  Remember, UTD got progressively worse and worse.

I honestly almost fell asleep at one point.  Silly me, thinking that the finale would bring out the best cheese on this show.

That's what happens when you spend the episode splitting up the group and then take up most of the episode of them mostly isolated and then jump to the end where they're all together before having a contrived cliffhanger.

This show can be entertaining when it's about the animals, but when it's about these human characters, it just grinds to a halt.  Either way, I'm underwhelmed.

Very much so since animals is what they had to offer and it's been completely underwhelming as far as the season went.

• Love 2

That boat that picked Jamie up was a short range craft at best -- where was this mysterious place that the fisherman took her too ? And why the hell was it snowing with snow-covered mountains in the distance ?  And why did this fisherman just happen to have a compound enclosed with a tall barbed-wire topped fence with a gate with a really flimsy latch (FFS!) keeping out with grizzly bears and wolves ?

Per Jackson's video, how did the flight from Johannesburg to D.C. end up anywhere near Canada ?  Last message from the pilot in the previous episode was that they were diverting to Dover.

Was Jamie supposed to have been unconscious for at least 4 months (per the date stamps on Jackson's videos) ?  Does a leopard fully mature in 4 months ?

ETA:  In the herd of animals gathered in front of the Hummer, there was a Holstein dairy cow in addition to lions, tigers and bears (oh my !)  plus baboons and giraffes.  The herd seemed to go on for blocks -- are there that many exotic animals in the local zoo ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

Was Jamie supposed to have been unconscious for at least 4 months (per the date stamps on Jackson's videos) ?

It jumped around all over the place in time and locations when it split the group up and then had them do their own thing until the end when they got together.  It's also weird that the finale suddenly had a post apocalyptic-like feel to it all of the sudden.

• Love 2

Wow, what the hell was that? I can unequivocally say that was one of the absolute worst hours of TV I have ever seen. It was just so incredibly boring. Nothing really happened at all. The previous episodes were incredibly cheesy but at least there was a plot. This one, just nothing.

I actually fast forwarded through almost all of Jamie (don't care) and broody Mitch in the bar.

For what it's worth, the book ended very post-apocalyptic as well. I guess the final scene (which was the only thing I found entertaining) is supposed to be a cliffhanger.

I did think it was lame how we skipped the aftermath of the plane crash. Where did the rest of the team go? How come Jamie was left behind? How come the fisherman also had the leopard? Wouldn't the rest of them have searched for it and also found Jamie?

• Love 1

I agree about the post-apocalyptic feel; it was the first time (for me, anyway) the show generated an atmosphere of genuine dread. But the timing seemed stupidly accelerated. The developed West becomes largely vegetarian in a matter of months? Yeah -- no.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Was Jamie supposed to have been unconscious for at least 4 months (per the date stamps on Jackson's videos) ?

I know this trope/plot is as old as Rumplestilskin, but I'm just wondering, in real life, can someone who is unconscious/in a coma be fed with a spoon? And what about bodily eliminations? They really should have at least cast a grandmotherly actor instead of grandfatherly for her nurse maid.

I agree about the post-apocalyptic feel; it was the first time (for me, anyway) the show generated an atmosphere of genuine dread. But the timing seemed stupidly accelerated. The developed West becomes largely vegetarian in a matter of months? Yeah -- no.

I kept thinking this episode should have been the first of the second season. Maybe that was the point? They were trying to sell a second season to the network with the finale episode? Edited by shapeshifter

Fun moment:  House cat pursuing Jackson Azz while smacking it's lips hungrily.

Best Part:  The last two seconds, when all the animals (including zebras!) suddenly bound forward at the jeep.

Worst Part:  Scoop being pulled from the wreckage.  I'd have preferred if, like Mandy, her body couldn't be found.

• Love 1

So, I guess someone in the writers' room has a thing for injured/sick James Wolk. In the last couple episodes, he's been healthy and/or bruise free for about five minutes of screen time over months.

Boy, was there a lot of filler in this episode! And, of course, the usual dose of stupid. Lame finale.

Months go by with no mention of Mitch's daughter and whether she's recovering or not? Or were we just supposed to assume that once she had the meds he didn't ever have to worry about her again? No, spend (wasted) time on a bar fight instead.

After the cub plane was forced down, the crack team of leopard catchers took a plane without any consideration of the potential danger of a repeat performance by the flying animal kingdom. No one--not even the "brilliant scientists"--suggested alternate modes of transportation or bringing the mother cell and scientists to the leopard. However, our small group of "experts" are going to take a boat. Smart! Until they couldn't think to turn the vehicle around before the animals pounced! D'oh!

And Jackson still hasn't mentioned his mother!!! Maybe that's why he's having such bad luck...bad son.

Edited by indeed

I seriously doubt that the fisherman saved the "leopard" cub from the water.

They showed the crate pulled out of the water after he rescued Jamie. I watch this for mindless entertainment so I'm not disappointed. Though my light timer shut off the lights during the very last scene and my kitten was killing a toy next to me. I got a little jumpy until I could turn the lights back on.

Yep, I totally laughed out loud at that final scene! Why did they wait until literally the last minute to bring out the Sharknado levels of crazy?

THIS SHOW. So there's only one animal on the planet that they can get the cure from? Underground meat restaurants? I'd think hunting and meat-eating would be more popular under those circumstances. Mosquitoes to spread the Cure? Is that even halfway possible?

Anyway, this show needs to die; but now I'm reading that it has fairly good ratings for a summer show. Please cancel this, CBS. At least Extant's story has potential to go somewhere; this show barely accomplished anything in its first season.

• Love 1

Great Summer show. Bring it back, just for the 'fan' comments alone.

Thank you, thank you, *bowing to adoring PTV readers*

the crack team of leopard catchers took a plane without any consideration of the potential danger of a repeat performance by the flying animal kingdom. No one--not even the "brilliant scientists"--suggested alternate modes of transportation...Smart!

I was so sure the final scene was going to be in the water, on a yacht, with myriad sea life angrily flinging themselves onto the deck, the weight of them causing the vessel to sink, with, of course, an electric eel wrapping itself around Jame's Wolk's lovely face and a hammer head shark punching Mitch in the nose. I guess the budget had been cut.
  • Love 2

Lots of interesting choices made in that finale...and none of them were good.

WTH was that last scene? Our re-united Scooby gang smiling and ready to save the world again until...oops...they come face-to-face with every animal in North America, all of whom are very angry. Did the animals get together and decide to thwart any attempt by our Scooby gang to restore order? Or are they as annoyed by Jamie as the rest of us and hope that she stays on Santa's farm forever? TPTB can't possibly think that the last scene made any sense.

I liked the attempt to covey a darker, post-apocalyptic feel. Jackson behaving like his dad and recording his theories. Frenchy Bug-Eyes running in and out of govt meetings. Abe losing hope and becoming a taxi driver. Mitch drinking to soothe the pain (of course). However, that darker feel evaporated quickly once Jamie and the leopard reappeared. 

So, I guess someone in the writers' room has a thing for injured/sick James Wolk. In the last couple episodes, he's been healthy and/or bruise free for about five minutes of screen time over months.

Boy, was there a lot of filler in this episode! And, of course, the usual dose of stupid. Lame finale.

Months go by with no mention of Mitch's daughter and whether she's recovering or not? Or were we just supposed to assume that once she had the meds he didn't ever have to worry about her again? No, spend (wasted) time on a bar fight instead...

...And Jackson still hasn't mentioned his mother!!! Maybe that's why he's having such bad luck...bad son.

Yes to all of this. Mitch's daughter and Jackson's mom get tossed on the pile of characters (and story lines) introduced and abandoned. Instead, its more important for us to get romance.

How did the "other leopards" get infected? I thought that RG's evil ways hadn't spread to wherever those leopards were. Why give us a "tense" rescue attempt by the govt with little explanation only to have it fail?

Really...mosquitoes? If there is to be a Season 2, they need a better solution than that. Since when do mosquitoes "sting" every living creature? (I'm fairly sure that my dog and cats have never been stung.) Over what period of time does this have to happen? Why haven't mosquitoes been affected by RG evilness?

Why did I watch this show?

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 1

The Zoo Croo survived their plane crash, but what exactly did they accomplish after that? Anything? And other questions.

http://previously.tv/zoo/zoo-be-zoo-be-zoo/

Marvelous review, Joanna Yu!

While this is so true:

This isn't a Russian novel, people. It's Zoo. It actually makes more sense the less you explain it.

--I'm guessing that I'm pretty representative of most Zoo watchers (or maybe not?) in that the goal is to forget reality rather than make sense of it. Heh.

Explaining this unrealistic world of Zooninity might seem to be a fruitless endeavor, but it might also actually help me/us develop coping skills to deal with real world people who behave as illogically as Jackson taking a bat for a midnight stroll in the post-apocalypse world or as stupidly as Jaimie...doing or saying anything.

Edited by shapeshifter

I watch this show because it is fun and because I have a vegetarian cousin who I thought of during the underground restaurant scene. Ha!

This show is fun if you don't think about it too hard....and we all need that some times.

One thing I did notice though. Why no Sea creatures joining the rebellion? Is there prejudice and social stays even in the animal....KINGDOM?

• Love 3

Oh, so we were all thinking Mitch's ex-dog would have something to do with this but no family attacks, no nothing.  Boo.

Seriously, you just don't break Chekhov's Law like that.

SHAPESHIFTER, ON 15 SEPT 2015 - 10:41 PM, SAID:

This stuff just writes itself.

Pretty sure the writing staff thinks so. Unfortunately for us.

The sad part is that if you go back and read through these boards every single poster came up with better plotting and dialogue suggestions.

f there is to be a Season 2

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.  Jesus christ on a cracker no.

To have fun reading this board, mostly.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 4

Why no Sea creatures joining the rebellion? Is there prejudice and social stays even in the animal....KINGDOM?

Oh, so we were all thinking Mitch's ex-dog would have something to do with this but no family attacks, no nothing. Boo.

Seriously, you just don't break Chekhov's Law like that.

I guess they figured since they might not get a second season opener with sea life swamping the boat which would drive them back to the ex-dog being the savior, they decided to cover both dangling plots by using ex-dog as a red herring. Get it? Herring is a fish. Sorry. Bad pun. But not unworthy of Zoo's characters' dialog.

I know they always aimed to get a second season, but honestly, when they are writing it they shouldn't assume anything and they should have at least resolved some things.  This show had so many dropped plotlines.  I suppose we are to assume that Mitch's daughter got all better with the drugs.  But what happened to the dog?  We all were speculating that either the dog was going to go nuts, or somehow end up being the source of the cure.  Nothing.  What about the relationship between Mitch and his ex-wife?  No more closure there?  She took off for Maine.  Why would Maine be any better than New York?  Did she get eaten by killer lobsters?  What happened to that baby they saved at the park?  I'm assuming there's a dad, but would it have hurt to have had a mention of the baby?  The show took the time to make sure they returned Zimbabwean dog to his owner, but not a baby?

No mention of Jackson's mom?  Wasn't he at all concerned about her?  The animals are running amok, she's in a camp in Africa that clearly couldn't defend itself.  Yet he never once called to check up on her.  And the red herring with Ken Olin Oz.  I was convinced he was going to wind up being alive somewhere and play a huge role in a cure.  Nothing.  We never saw Delavanne again.  Why not?  Whose side was he really on after all?  He saved Chloe from Sinister French Guy, does that mean he wasn't actually bad after all?  Steven Culp typically plays the smarmy bad guy.  Why wasn't Reiden acknowledging its role in the problem?  Seemed like they were getting praised for making the Mother Cell available for research.  I thought it melted in that lab in Harare Hospital?

So many unanswered questions.  Very frustrating.  But not surprising.  If this show comes back next summer I am going to have to think about whether I will subject myself to this again.

That boat that picked Jamie up was a short range craft at best -- where was this mysterious place that the fisherman took her too ? And why the hell was it snowing with snow-covered mountains in the distance ?  And why did this fisherman just happen to have a compound enclosed with a tall barbed-wire topped fence with a gate with a really flimsy latch (FFS!) keeping out with grizzly bears and wolves ?

Per Jackson's video, how did the flight from Johannesburg to D.C. end up anywhere near Canada ?  Last message from the pilot in the previous episode was that they were diverting to Dover.

I know a lot of flights from Africa are routed through Europe and then North America so the plane crashing somewhat close to Canadian waters doesn't bother me.  Now if the pilot said they're diverting to Dover as in Dover, Delaware then I'm stumped.  

However what really bothers me is that they're taking a commercial flight to deliver the world saving cure.

ETA:  In the herd of animals gathered in front of the Hummer, there was a Holstein dairy cow in addition to lions, tigers and bears (oh my !)  plus baboons and giraffes.  The herd seemed to go on for blocks -- are there that many exotic animals in the local zoo ?

The National Zoo is pretty big.  I imagine if you packed every critter there on a narrow street, you would have an animal horde that looked as big as what we saw on the show.

That said, there is no way all those animals would've been able to freely roam the streets of Washington, DC for so long.  It's the seat of power for the free world.  The police and national guard would've made quick work of the animal army.

Underground meat restaurants? I'd think hunting and meat-eating would be more popular under those circumstances.

I can see meat consumption going down under those circumstances.  If something's wrong with the animals, would you really want to take a chance eating them?  OTOH, I don't think I could live in a world without bacon.

I was so sure the final scene was going to be in the water, on a yacht, with myriad sea life angrily flinging themselves onto the deck, the weight of them causing the vessel to sink, 

Funny you should mention that.  

I read the graphic novel adaptation based on the book and there was a scene nearly identical to this.  A dolphin had flung itself aboard a fishing trawler.  The fishermen threw it back in.  The dolphin jumped back aboard again.  The fishermen remark how stupid the dolphin is and throw it back again.  This time dozens of dolphins hop aboard the boat and it sinks.  The image is hilarious!

Although I did enjoy the ep.  A few things bugged (no pun intended) me.  

1) Using mosquitoes to deliver the cure. - Wasn't the reason the cure didn't work using a needle on the dog's thigh was because it couldn't distribute quickly enough through the dog's muscle tissue?  Wouldn't the same problem exist delivering the cure via a mosquito bite?  It sounds even less effective since a mosquito bite barely breaks the skin.  Also, how potent is the cure that a tiny mosquito bite would be effective?  

2)  Continued nonviolence toward animals. - Look, I like animals a lot but the Zoo crew's desire not to harm animals attacking them seems ridiculous.  Jackson not using the bat against the first baboon was dumb.  Also, Abe only using a tranq gun seems reckless when he's supposed to be working in a security capacity.  First, tranqs don't usually put down animals immediately so there's still plenty of potential to be mauled even by a drugged animal.  Also, tranq doses and tranq guns aren't universal knock-outs for everything in the animal kingdom.  Let's say Abe has a dosage large enough to take down a leopard or a large dog and he runs into a rhino.  What does he do then?

3)  Jaime's Story -  Why did she clock the guy who's been taking care of her?  It seemed pretty clear that he was trying to keep her safe.  Also, would a chain link fence be enough to keep out a determined grizzly? 

Those nitpicks aside, I did enjoy this.  Jackson's chase was more of what I wanted from the show.  Good choice on using baboons too.  Ridiculously long fangs, agility and relative intelligence make them pretty scary in my opinion.  Also, they have the most disgusting hind quarters in all the animal kingdom.  And I loved that glorious final shot.  More of that Zoo and I'll be back if you get a second season.

Edited by maczero
  • Love 3

Eh. It was summer; my standards are lower. And I did find the concept to be intriguing; I did like some of the characters.

Okay, you got me.  I did find the concept of the Animals' War Against Humanity intriguing, I always like it in any form.  I liked two of the characters - Voice Of Reason Abe and Mitch The Scientist Who Knows He's On A Terrible Show - partially because I like both the actors and liked both of them on other bad shows (Dracula and Revolution, respectively).

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 4

I know they always aimed to get a second season, but honestly, when they are writing it they shouldn't assume anything and they should have at least resolved some things.  This show had so many dropped plotlines...

...And the red herring with Ken Olin Oz.  I was convinced he was going to wind up being alive somewhere and play a huge role in a cure.  Nothing.  We never saw Delavanne again.  Why not?  Whose side was he really on after all?  He saved Chloe from Sinister French Guy, does that mean he wasn't actually bad after all?  Steven Culp typically plays the smarmy bad guy. 

Agree completely on the dropped plot lines. What was the purpose of Wolf Manson? And Dead FBI Guy #12? I am most disappointed that Henry the Lab didn't turn out to be the savior or the evil attack dog. And Delavanne will probably turn up again next season as the President or something equally ridiculous. I never quite figured out who he was working for so turning him into the Commander in Chief seems to be the logical next step for this show.

I, too, was absolutely certain that Ken Olin Oz was going to reappear at some point in some faraway land. Instead we get Jackson slowing turning into his dad with the rambling recordings of pseudo scientific theory.

That said, there is no way all those animals would've been able to freely roam the streets of Washington, DC for so long.  It's the seat of power for the free world.  The police and national guard would've made quick work of the animal army....

...Jackson's chase was more of what I wanted from the show.  Good choice on using baboons too.  Ridiculously long fangs, agility and relative intelligence make them pretty scary in my opinions. 

All of those animals - seemingly hundreds of them - showing up on the same street was a little silly. How did they get there without being noticed by anyone?

The baboons were a great choice because they can be terrifying. Its about time that the primates got involved.

Edited by Ellaria Sand