Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

On 9/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, mojoween said:

Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar will headline next February’s Super Bowl.

Great lineup.  I just finished listening to Naughty by Nature's "Hip Hop Hooray" so I'd love to see them there, too.    

• Love 2
On 9/30/2021 at 8:19 PM, Bastet said:

As for tonight's game, I think anyone who pronounces Bengals as "Bangles" should be immediately and permanently banned from sports broadcasting.

Yes!  That is one of my pet peeves.  Why can't they get it right?  Ugh!  

Watching Vikings vs.Cleveland. Griffen killed Cleveland's drive with a sack. What I really wanted to say, Aaron Rodgers looks awful in that commercial where he's a singer. Looks like some sores on his jawline.

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

*shallow alert* 

I’m pretty sure this is the first time I have ever seen Jonathan Vilma without a helmet and hello sir.  Where have you been all my life?

I've seen him a ton due to my viewing of college football.  Used to be a studio analyst for ESPN.

Not a ton of points in this Browns/Vikings game, but despite that, what an awesome game.  Great defense, neither team settling for FG or punting.  Minnesota still needs a TD, but instead of one for the lead, it'll be for the tie (as of this post).

IMO, Patriots win outright.  If not, then I'm wrong, but they should cover.  Ditto for Green Bay.  Either the Steelers will cover or they'll get blown out (over 25 point differential at Lambeau).  I think Baltimore will keep it close; originally went with Denver before learning about all the inactives.  However, Lamar isn't 100% so I think the Broncos will survive.

Rams will still own the Cards, IMO, and I think the Niners will regroup from last week and knock off the Seahawks

6 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Hey did you know Tampa Bay plays the Patriots tonight?

You would think the sports networks would have mentioned it a time or two (thousand) this week.

And they should snag Adele's "Hello" to promote it.  Ya know, "Hello from the other side".  Isn't that clever?  But, no; somehow no one thought of that and I have not been subjected to it 8371 times this week.

At least in the alternate reality in which I reside for the sake of my mental health.  One in which I will be watching absolutely anything else on TV tonight than that fucking game.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Congratulations Jets! They will have to send a thank you note to the Titans' kicker.

9 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

Yep..same here...after watching the Vikings lose, I need some good football to watch and I need a Packers game...

Pittsburgh is ahead so all is well so far. Think they're starting the 2nd quarter now.

• Love 2

Given the futility of both franchises, I thought it must have been decades since the Giants and Jets both won on the same day, but apparently it's actually only since December 22, 2019.

Dude on TOPS this morning who said, "You never get involved in a land war in Asia and you never bet on the NY Jets," is re-reading his Princess Bride for updated guidance.

30 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Given the futility of both franchises, I thought it must have been decades since the Giants and Jets both won on the same day, but apparently it's actually only since December 22, 2019.

Dude on TOPS this morning who said, "You never get involved in a land war in Asia and you never bet on the NY Jets," is re-reading his Princess Bride for updated guidance.

It IS the first time they've both won OT games on the same day. 

• Useful 2

Romo also said “expecially” so he is deader to me than he was before.

These fans can blow kisses to Tom Fucking Brady all they want when he takes the field for practice but if they cheer for him during the game, that is beyond grotesque.

Edited by mojoween
17 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Romo also said “expecially” so he is deader to me than he was before.

These fans can blow kisses to Tom Fucking Brady all they want when he takes the field for practice but if they cheer for him during the game, that is beyond grotesque.

I don't care either way if any individual person cheers or boos Brady. 

People have been waiting for 20 years to crap on Brady AND Belichick. Whoever loses today will get crapped on. Whatever.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

This was removed.  I wasn't entirely sure what I saw.  Did the Center snap the ball to Detroit?  Did it bounce off of someone?

It seems like Goff was changing the call, but the center either snapped too soon, or didn’t see or hear Goff coming up behind him.

When was the last time a defensive lineman got a turn over? 

That whole play was unreal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I hate the Patriots as much as Brady and was dreading this game, but still don’t get why they went for a low yield long ass field goal in the pouring rain instead of going for it on 4th and trying to get closer. Guess the Pats luck for field goals only works when Brady is the QB.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, mojoween said:

1-3 baby woot!  They didn’t throw up all over themselves for once!

They did try a little bit. Of all the guys, Saquon Barkley put the ball on the ground during the OT touchdown drive, but Kyle Rudolph jumped on it.  (I say of all people, because Saquon never fumbles. Before that happened, he had ONE fumble in over 700 career touches.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Damn what a nice game by Dallas.   Dak is back.   

The season is still early & there is a whole lot of time for the Cowboys to mess things up like they always do. They won't be crowing in January like they are now.

As for tonight's Monday Night game, other than the classy lovable Raiders fans & it basically being a home game for them (The Chargers suck & they basically have no fans), there is not much reason to get very excited for this game.

On 10/1/2021 at 5:42 PM, Crashcourse said:
On 9/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, mojoween said:

Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar will headline next February’s Super Bowl.

Great lineup.  I just finished listening to Naughty by Nature's "Hip Hop Hooray" so I'd love to see them there, too.    

This upcoming Super Bowl halftime show is already more entertaining than The Weekend's very crappy performance in the last one.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, mojoween said:

SoFi Stadium has a roof…but there is a weather delay?…for lightning?

I know . . .  Announcers said that John Gruden was.asking the refs the same thing. The game should start around 8:00 central.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Are the Raiders really 3-0? Who have they played? Local high school teams?

They beat the Ravens, Steelers and Dolphins.

They said because Sofi isn’t a dome stadium, it is more of an outdoor stadium with a canopy, so they have to abide by the NFL rules to not play in a lightning storm. There is a bigger one right now but it started just as the game finished.

• Useful 3

Did Urban Meyer do something other than get grinded on by some chick who is not his wife?  I’m confused over the hullabaloo over that video.  I mean, a statement from the team owner?  For some twerking?

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Did Urban Meyer do something other than get grinded on by some chick who is not his wife?  I’m confused over the hullabaloo over that video.  I mean, a statement from the team owner?  For some twerking?

I don't get it either. Rich middle-aged guy gets frisky with bimbo at a bar. Hardly an earth-shattering event. It's sleazy, but not illegal and has no bearing on the team. Why they're making a mountain out of a molehill is beyond me. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, xaxat said:

I don't care what kind of apology he issued, the next time Urban Meyer walks into the locker room is going to be extremely awkward. 

Hilariously awkward!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'm no urban Meyer or jags fan but I don't get it either seems like a whole lot about very little.  

Looks bad?  Sure. Nothing to do with anyone but he and his wife though. Why does the team care?  You think half these players arent doing the same, married or not?   I dont get it.  

Robert Kraft got a happy ending from a glorified prostitute.  He not only never apologized as far as I know but fought back and rightly or wrongly managed to legally get his way out of it. Sure not married but still pretty sleazy.  

And the worst part of that was they were likely trafficked in foreign sex workers being forced to do that job.  

• Love 3

From what Twitter tells me after the Jags lost last week Urban didnt fly home with the team but stayed in Ohio to "spend time with his grand kids." Apparently not flying back isnt something thats done and to be filmed with the woman is a bad look. 

If the team was 2-2 I think the media lets it go.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, crimsongrl said:

From what Twitter tells me after the Jags lost last week Urban didnt fly home with the team but stayed in Ohio to "spend time with his grand kids." Apparently not flying back isnt something thats done and to be filmed with the woman is a bad look. 

If the team was 2-2 I think the media lets it go.

She might call him grandpa.  

But yes not flying home with the team is bad.  

He might be a one and done NFL head coach. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

She might call him grandpa.  

But yes not flying home with the team is bad.  

He might be a one and done NFL head coach. 

He may not reach a full one.

There is precedent in coaches getting fired for sleazy but not illegal stuff. Former Falcons coach Bobby Petrino lasted only nine days as coach of U of Arkansas after a motorcycle accident revealed that he'd been sleeping with an employee.

• Useful 2
37 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

He may not reach a full one.

There is precedent in coaches getting fired for sleazy but not illegal stuff. Former Falcons coach Bobby Petrino lasted only nine days as coach of U of Arkansas after a motorcycle accident revealed that he'd been sleeping with an employee.

Yeah but sleeping with an employee is not illegal but probably against some type of work regulations.  Still different.  

Unless you're the US president and it's the 90s.  

1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Yeah but sleeping with an employee is not illegal but probably against some type of work regulations.  Still different.  

Unless you're the US president and it's the 90s.  

There's also a huge difference between college and pro.  Colleges have to at least pretend to care about morality and setting a good example for students.  The pros are not going to want to set a precedent where sleazy but not illegal behavior is grounds for termination.  Since no coach will be able to salvage the Jags season they might as well wait it out, then can him once the pool of potential hires is larger.

• Love 2