Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Neither team is acting like they want to win. 

Clearly. Why are they kicking a field goal when you only have 2 minutes left? You go for it on 4th down. 

• Love 5

GB really doesn't want the game to go to OT, do they?  Seems like it would be better to pin TB near their own goal line if you fail on 4th and goal.  Isn't Aaron Rodgers supposed to be a good QB?  Although it's too bad he's not a mobile one because it looked like he had some room to run.

And I hope everyone's ready for two weeks of the media kissing Brady's ass.

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Court said:

Clearly. Why are they kicking a field goal when you only have 2 minutes left? You go for it on 4th down. 

Tom Brady also throwing crappy passes. 

I don't really believe all the allegations of gambling and point spread but it's games like this that make me wonder. This is a ticket to the Superbowl and both QB's play like crap.

• Love 1

Fuuuuuuuuuck Tampa.  They are TRASH.

For two weeks the media is going to tell me that I just have to respect what he’s done for the past two decades and no I fucking do NOT.  I do not and I goddamned will not.

This Super Bowl is going to suck balls, regardless if it’s Mahomes or the Mafia.

OH.  Also, Antonio Brown getting another chance is disgusting.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Sorry, Packers, that PI was legit. Brady goes to the SB, was it ever thus.

It was but the Refs held their whistles the whole game when Tampa Bay were obviously holding Green Bay on multiple plays  so I kind if think they have a little room to complain.

I am not looking forward to multiple weeks talk of Tom Brady and how they get to play in their home stadium . it's going to be super annoying.

Maybe the Packers should talk to Doug Pederson about going for it on 4th and goal instead of kicking the field goal. He did it even when he shouldn't do it 😂

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

Super happy for Brady and the Bucs, but wow, was kicking that FG the worst sports decision since Kevin Cash taking out Blake Snell in the World Series. What was LaFleur THINKING? You have Aaron Rodgers at QB for fuck’s sake!

As I said, this smells like some Pete Rose-type shit. 

• Love 2

If I had a dollar for every time I heard some talking head or another say "Tom Brady" I could PAY Tom Brady to GO THE FCUK AWAY!!!!  Don't they realize that the great majority of people HATE, LOATHE AND DESPISE Tom Brady?

Well, it IS amazing that Tom Brady can play a game with all the worshippers firmly attached to his undercarriage.

• Love 7

While I'm glad Green Bay lost (ha ha ha ha ha), I'm not thrilled about Brady and Tampa playing in their home stadium for the Super Bowl. Vikings were supposed to do that. If they can't no one else can! (ha ha) So no matter who won NFC championship today I still want whoever wins the AFC to win the Super Bowl. But I hope it's the Bills.

Edited by Lamb18

By tomorrow at the latest, I can't get mad at the situation.  Green Bay's rally fell short, but the 28-point swing did happen.  More important, it's not the Buccaneers fault that the Packers are kicking for 3 points, down 8, with the league MVP on the field!

• Love 1

I’m not very confident in Buffalo’s ability to beat Tampa.

But holy hell I can’t remember which of you delightful posters feels a certain way about Mahomes, but whoever you are, I cannot IMAGINE how you would feel about the media hype of Mahomes v. Brady.

• LOL 1
Just now, mojoween said:

But holy hell I can’t remember which of you delightful posters feels a certain way about Mahomes, but whoever you are, I cannot IMAGINE how you would feel about the media hype of Mahomes v. Brady.

Either way, it's going to be Old Guard vs Young Bucks.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I was thinking more hype vs. Rodgers. Then it would be the Rodgers Rate vs. Patrick Price Super Bowl if Green Bay had won.

I'm not trying to hate for several reasons, but I will never put Brady ahead of Michael Jordan as the G.O.A.T. of sports.  The NFL? Sure.  Just not all of sports.  It'll be like trying to invalidate Phelps epic record in the Olympics.

No one's getting paid exclusively for placing Brady over M.J. and I'm not getting paid exclusively for the opposite.  However, Jordan's accomplishments were clinched well before the age of 40.  Whatever happens in two weeks with Tampa Bay happens.  I think the Bucs are going to be a tough out in 2021 and in 2022 (and beyond) while Tom is playing there.  He'll be adding to his legacy beyond an age where everybody before him had given his or her Hall of Fame speech during their respective HOF ceremony

I can’t even enjoy watching my Bills play. I can’t stomach them losing to Brady again for the billionth time, and the Chiefs have a better chance of beating them. Again, fuck you Tom Brady for making me root against my own team.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2

As far as the unis go, Green Bay is always a classic, KC looks good in the red and white (and I’m sure that red has some exclusive color name that I do not know) and the Bills road unis are great.

Tampa? Who fucking cares what they wore.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Well I think Patrick Mahomes shouldn't even be playing because of his concussion. I'll never approve of the way the NFL brushes off head injuries.

As someone who has had a few, ITA. It's no joke, and frankly, I watch less and less over the last few seasons because of it. I won't ramble on, but it messes you UP.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Looking at all these crazy offensive play calls, I’m wondering why the Chiefs OC hasn’t had any head coach offers. Or maybe I can guess why...

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

My God.....brady played awful in the second half and packers can't score, he still gets the win

I think the bills or the chiefs can bet them though.  

Exactly. He played bad against the Saints and had 3 INTs in this game but of course it's all Brady.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Carey said:

I'm not trying to hate for several reasons, but I will never put Brady ahead of Michael Jordan as the G.O.A.T. of sports. 

Serena Williams is the G.O.A.T. of sports. 

@mojoween Your husband needs to strap on a bra and get with gale force Brady hate.

I needs the Chiefs to win so they can Hulk Smash Brady.

I solve the problem of the overlove of Brady but not watching even one minute of NFL coverage prior to the game.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, stealinghome said:

Super happy for Brady and the Bucs, but wow, was kicking that FG the worst sports decision since Kevin Cash taking out Blake Snell in the World Series. What was LaFleur THINKING? You have Aaron Rodgers at QB for fuck’s sake!

Of course the irony is Rodgers will probably be the league MVP, but yeah, you don’t put the game in his hands.  WTF?

Sorry but the facts are Rodgers losing at home ( with pregame snow)  is now 1-4 in NFC champ. games, losing 4 straight.     As to the Bucaneers,  well they’re winning with the big D, which last time I looked is key to winning champs.   They should get AB back for the Super Bowl.too.

I hate the word “legacy”,  but yeah, for Rodgers it has to hurt.

heheheheheh. 

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Carey said:

Green Bay's rally fell short, but the 28-point swing did happen.  More important, it's not the Buccaneers fault that the Packers are kicking for 3 points, down 8, with the league MVP on the field!

Going into the game, I really thought that Green Bay would have the edge, even though the Bucs did beat them 38-10 in the regular season.  Mr. Chat has been a Buc's fan since the day they came into the league, so we've sat through a hell of a lot of losing seasons, and one very good season with our one Super Bowl win.  We've seen a steady improvement - especially with the defense - over this season, but making it this far was truly a shock!  They've still got some work to do, but they looked really good the first half of this game, and then, as expected, Aaron & team came out balls to the wall in the second half.  It was another nail biter finish that we're all too used to!  Two of our Safeties were out of the game, so that didn't help, and the Bucs have a tendency to let a game slip away from them in the second half.  We are thrilled that they hung on for the win!  

We were never fans of Tom Brady before, but being fans who never abandon their team, we could at least pull for the team and put aside our feelings for him.  However, having listened to his interviews and seeing how he rallies our guys to be better players, well, we were slowly won over.  I did give him kudos when he was in New England with how he didn't get paid as much as he could've so as to leave room for really good players to join their team, so that's something I can respect.   I understand the Brady hate though.  We used to feel that way too, but since he's taken our team from the Bad News Bears to an NFC championship, well, I can cheer for that!

I have nothing against Mahomes, but I'm already sick of hearing about him.  I know a lot of people will be sick of hearing about the Bucs getting to play in their own stadium, but it sure does suck when 2 other teams play on your home turf for a Super Bowl Championship.  Been there, done that!  Fire up the cannons!  

• Love 6

Bills still have a chance to win, now that it's half-time, but it will be hard. Chiefs are playing better right now. I am getting so sick of that tomahawk chop. It was bad enough during the 1991 World Series (Twins vs. Atlanta) and I've never liked it since.

Another reason I'm glad Buccaneers won: U of MN Gophers Tyler Johnson and Antoine Winfield Jr. are rookies on the team. By the way, when he caused that fumble during the Saints game, afterwards he sent out a tweet saying that was for his dad, who was playing for Vikings in 2009.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, twoods said:

Looking at all these crazy offensive play calls, I’m wondering why the Chiefs OC hasn’t had any head coach offers. Or maybe I can guess why...

He's even calling the plays, you can tell.   His mask moves while Andy Reid -- standing right next to him  -- is still.   Then Andy brings out his little pencil and marks a play off.    Hmmmmmm why could someone who actually does playcalling (which was the excuse LAST year ) not being getting interviews???   It is a mystery.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, shoregirl said:

It was but the Refs held their whistles the whole game when Tampa Bay were obviously holding Green Bay on multiple plays  so I kind if think they have a little room to complain.

We saw a few guys on the GB side that should've been called for holding, so it kind of equaled out.   It usually does.  

• Love 1

Vikings need a new offensive coordinator. ??? Chiefs guy? Though he should get a head coach offer someplace. I thought he'd had an offer. There is a team who has a really good offensive line coach, it might be the Bills. I'm bummed Kubiak is leaving. He was a good OC and good guy in general, and the offense really liked him and learned a lot from him. It would be nice to have one guy stay for more than two years.

1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:
1 hour ago, twoods said:

I’m wondering why the Chiefs OC hasn’t had any head coach offers.

He's probably in the lead for the Texans job, only because Cal McNair is desperately trying to keep Deshaun Watson.

I don't want him working for the Texans. Eric Bieniemy deserves better than being set up to fail for that pathetic franchise. 

As for the Bucs - Packers the game pretty much sucked & I can't find anything positive about having to tolerate Tom Brady in yet another Super Bowl (his 10th). 2 weeks of Tom Brady worshipping & even more doses of Brady vs LeBron in that stupid GOAT debate is downright torture.

Does it even matter if its the Bills or Chiefs playing against the Buccaneers? Frankly, we know who ESPN & FS1 is rooting for.

And also having Antonio Brown in the Super Bowl is making me want to vomit. And even though he is somewhat likable, having Gronk around for 2 weeks is boring me. Media Day in the Super Bowl is going to suck even more than it currently does.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Well I think Patrick Mahomes shouldn't even be playing because of his concussion. I'll never approve of the way the NFL brushes off head injuries.

90 percent of concussions resolve in a week or less so there is nothing unusual about him being ready to play. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

My God.....brady played awful in the second half and packers can't score, he still gets the win

Our defense stepped it up a notch today, so that certainly helped, plus the interceptions Aaron threw our way.  The Bucs looked a hell of a lot better in the first half than in the second half, but as anticipated, the Packers probably made some adjustments coming out in the third quarter and started clicking, but again, our defense made some really good plays today in stopping Aaron.  How many sacks?  

I know there's a lot of hatin' on the Bucs right now because of Brady, and I understand that, but we've had some really good players over the years that for whatever reason just couldn't gel as a team.  Jameis was a disappointment as a QB - just to name one thing wrong with the team - so having Tom step in and give these guys some hope (thinking about Mike Evans - great player, sucky team), makes me happy for them.  Us fans and those players have suffered a long time just waiting for something, anything good to happen to our team!  Our guys finally had some hope, and so did we!!  

I feel bad for the Bill's fans at the moment.  As a long-suffering Buc's fan, I know their pain.  

• Love 2
Just now, AimingforYoko said:

Not the way to end a great season, Buffalo. You're going to be here a while, act accordingly.

Its not so easy getting back there. 

I have to hope that its a Chiefs blowout. Because that is the only way I can stomach these 2 weeks. 

• Love 5

Their last meeting this season was a great game so I’m guessing the SB is going to be great as well. Better on mute so we don’t hear all the Brady ass kissing.

Great season Buffalo but you got to keep your cool. I know they are hurting and the Chiefs players were egging them on but come on. 

• Love 1