Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TheGongOfDoom

NFL Thread

Saints got screwed on fumble blown dead, called an incomplete pass.  And Brees gets hurt.  I'm surprised that type of injury to a QB's throwing hand doesn't happen more often.  

I had originally thought that the Eagles would win tonight's game. But Carson looked shaky throughout the game, especially in the first half and the injuries the Eagles suffered had an impact on them. After some back and forth with some nice plays at the end the Falcons Atlanta got a needed win (and now things are a little more open in the NFC South division).  

Edited by Jx223

Another close finish to a game.   Well at least two of them, Eagles-Falcons and Bears-Broncos.  For the Bears game I had already texted a friend about his team losing AGAIN when the FG to win it was kicked.   WOW.   Then of course, Julio comes through for the Falcons.   

Deon Sanders had it right on his wrap up show Sunday night, the Eagles were so good because they had Nick Foles playing a lot of games when Wentz was hurt.   Wentz hasn't gotten them to the playoffs these last 2 years, Foles has.   If Wentz gets hurt again, its time to move on.   He's good but if he can't stay on the field it doesn't matter.

Bills are 2-0.   AMAZING.   The Giants are done.   They couldn't do anything so far.   It's not all Eli's fault either.   Although he's done too.   Fun fact, because the Bills beat a division opponent last week and the Pats beat an out of division opponent, the Bills were ranked first last week.   This week, the Pats are first.

Speaking of rankings, theNFC South and the AFC South are a MESS.   3 teams are 1-1.   The Jags and the Panthers are 0-2.   

The NFC West is gonna be fun.   3 teams are 2-0.   The Cards are 0-1-1.   

The Chargers should be ashamed of themselves losing the Lions.   You can't blame it all on injuries.   

Meanwhile, Dallas is 2-0 and 1 up on Philly and 2 up o n the rest of the winless division.   Plus both wins are division opponents.     In Dak We Trust.   Dallas may become the next NFC East team to beat the Pats in the Super Bowl.   

• Like 1

It's just a couple of weeks in, so as far as I'm concerned, win-loss records don't matter much.  I'd be interested to see what the standings are in, say, six weeks from now.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

News just came out that Big Ben is out for the season with his elbow injury and will need surgery. It has also been reported that Drew Brees may be out at least six weeks with a thumb injury. Things are already gone downhill quickly for some teams very early in the season. I hope Teddy can keep things afloat while Drew is out. The Steelers OTOH could end up being a quite a bit of trouble without Ben. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Over here in Giants land, the season is already in quite a bit of trouble, but my 39 year old QB is healthy as can be.  If Pittsburgh is interested...

• Laugh 5

16 hours ago, Calvada said:

Saints got screwed on fumble blown dead, called an incomplete pass.  And Brees gets hurt.  I'm surprised that type of injury to a QB's throwing hand doesn't happen more often.  

Yeah, they got screwed, but they still wouldn't have won.

as a Browns fan, I'm trying not to revel in Big Ben being out for the season, but I couldn't help cackling a little.  (Mr. Roamyn is a Squeeler fan.)

Who would've thought at the beginning of the season that the Raiders would be 2-0 and the Panthers & Squeelers would be 0-2?

6 minutes ago, roamyn said:

as a Browns fan, I'm trying not to revel in Big Ben being out for the season, but I couldn't help cackling a little.

As a Bengals fan and general hater of rapists, I had a similar reaction.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Who would've thought at the beginning of the season that the Raiders would be 2-0 and the Panthers & Squeelers would be 0-2?

The Raiders did lose to the Chiefs yesterday to drop to 1-1, but they haven't looked too bad so far. The Chiefs are a tough game on anybody's schedule right now.  

Of the 2-0 teams out there, I'm impressed with the Ravens and Bills getting off to strong starts, but there is definitely something to say about the quality of the opponents factoring into those two records.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, roamyn said:

as a Browns fan, I'm trying not to revel in Big Ben being out for the season, but I couldn't help cackling a little.  (Mr. Roamyn is a Squeeler fan.)

I think all Browns fans feel that way, though as human beings we all feel for someone injured.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The Chargers should be ashamed of themselves losing the Lions.   You can't blame it all on injuries.   

I stopped being a Charger fan after they moved out of San Diego.  It is nice to see that no matter where they move, they can always find new ways to lose games.  They have made it a habit going all the way back to the 70s in the Air Coryell days.

Speaking of Coryell, he should be in the NFL Hall of Fame.   Back in those Don Coryell days, no Charger lead (no matter how big) was safe.   Those games were exciting.

I now have no team to root for.   I watch a little bit of the RedZone channel, but not much else when it comes to the NFL.

Edited by icemiser69

As a 49ers fan, I'm expecting whoever the Steelers replace Rothlisberger with will have a career day next week.

Edited by Silver Raven

3 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

The Raiders did lose to the Chiefs yesterday to drop to 1-1, but they haven't looked too bad so far. The Chiefs are a tough game on anybody's schedule right now.  

Of the 2-0 teams out there, I'm impressed with the Ravens and Bills getting off to strong starts, but there is definitely something to say about the quality of the opponents factoring into those two records.

Thank u for correcting me.  For some reason I thought they won.

2 hours ago, roamyn said:

For some reason I thought they won.

You might have been fooled by their 10-0 start, but then Mahomes & Co., well, y'know, crushed them.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Laugh 1

14 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Wentz hasn't gotten them to the playoffs these last 2 years, Foles has.

The Eagles never would have made it to the Super Bowl without the way Wentz played before he got hurt. 

#FlyEaglesFly   

On 9/15/2019 at 7:47 PM, mojoween said:

Fuuuuuuuuck Dallas.

Never hurts to repeat this!

• Like 1

The poor Jets.  Week 2 and they’re already down to their #3 QB.  Hopefully for them Darnold won’t be out long.

Better showing by the Browns tonight...spoke too soon, Baker just threw an interception.

• Like 1

I am glad that the Browns won tonight. Baker did look a bit confused through the game by the coverages the Jets were showing him. But the Browns did enough to win behind some impressive plays for OBJ (that 89 yard TD was great) and a strong defensive showing, especially by Myles Garrett. I hope they continue to improve and grow as a team.

The Jets had such a rough night tonight. Them racking up all of those injuries really did have a big impact on them. I hope that Trevor's Siemian's injury is not as serious as it looked. 

Though, I will also say that IMO Luke Falk actually didn't look bad and Le'Veon was working very hard trying to do a bit of everything to help them. I do feel bad for Le'Veon, he really was trying to carry the team. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

The Raiders did lose to the Chiefs yesterday 

I read this too fast. I thought you said the ROYALS beat the Chiefs. What a heck of a feat. Who would KC fans root for? 😉😝😂 Anyway, great post as usual.