Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jx223 said:

The ending of the Colts/Titans games also came down to the wire. I am glad that the Jacoby and the Colts got their first win of the season

No one is happier than Adam Vinatieri. Rumor is that he is going to announce his retirement tomorrow. ☹️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

No one is happier than Adam Vinatieri. Rumor is that he is going to announce his retirement tomorrow. ☹️

Between Adam Vinatieri possibly leaving and that poor punter who's been forced into placekicking in San Diego for the Chargers, can't Carli Lloyd at least get a tryout somewhere?

Edited by meowmommy
Just dawned on me--how many years are we in now--that the Chargers don't play in San Diego any more!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Didn’t realize that the Chargers kicker is their punter. They really can’t catch a break on their kicking team after finally getting their kicker. I hope Badgely is back next week.

I thought Bridgewater looked decent but all those Saints offensive penalties really screwed them. I’m sure Brees will be back next week because he’s pretty much played every single game. The Saints have been lucky that he hasn’t had any serious injuries. 

Bills are 2-0! I’m sure they will start sucking soon but I will take it.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, twoods said:

Didn’t realize that the Chargers kicker is their punter. They really can’t catch a break on their kicking team after finally getting their kicker. I hope Badgely is back next week.

I thought Bridgewater looked decent but all those Saints offensive penalties really screwed them. I’m sure Brees will be back next week because he’s pretty much played every single game. The Saints have been lucky that he hasn’t had any serious injuries. 

Bills are 2-0! I’m sure they will start sucking soon but I will take it.

Yeah I think that it's a bit of a surprising but still nice start for the Bills, with the gritty win week against the Jets and their win this week against the Giants. It's early and I don't know how many games they will win but maybe they will end up finishing 2nd in their division. Especially with Miami struggling as badly as they are & Sam Darnold being out of commission for the Jets for a bit.

They have a nice little head start right now, over the Jets/Dolphins. And the room to build their lead with the shorthanded Jets playing the Browns tomorrow. (I hope the Browns don't lose that game) And then Miami getting Dallas, the Jets playing the Patriots, while the Bills get Cincy next Sunday.

Also, in this 2nd set of games, I had thought that the Raiders started out looking decent and comfortable. Like they did last week with their home crowd against the Broncos. But once against Patrick Mahomes played great and they ended up not having much of an answer for them. And I can understand why people are unhappy about some of the calls during this set, including the roughing the passer call against the Broncos towards the end of Broncos/Bears game. 

Edited by Jx223
6 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

And I can understand why people are unhappy about some of the calls during this set, including the roughing the passer call against the Broncos towards the end of Broncos/Bears game. 

I know last week it made sense that you don't give 30 seconds to Drew Brees, but who the hell would ever have thought you can't give 30 seconds to Mitchell Trubisky??

I had originally thought that the Eagles would win tonight's game. But Carson looked shaky throughout the game, especially in the first half and the injuries the Eagles suffered had an impact on them. After some back and forth with some nice plays at the end the Falcons Atlanta got a needed win (and now things are a little more open in the NFC South division).  

Edited by Jx223

Another close finish to a game.   Well at least two of them, Eagles-Falcons and Bears-Broncos.  For the Bears game I had already texted a friend about his team losing AGAIN when the FG to win it was kicked.   WOW.   Then of course, Julio comes through for the Falcons.   

Deon Sanders had it right on his wrap up show Sunday night, the Eagles were so good because they had Nick Foles playing a lot of games when Wentz was hurt.   Wentz hasn't gotten them to the playoffs these last 2 years, Foles has.   If Wentz gets hurt again, its time to move on.   He's good but if he can't stay on the field it doesn't matter.

Bills are 2-0.   AMAZING.   The Giants are done.   They couldn't do anything so far.   It's not all Eli's fault either.   Although he's done too.   Fun fact, because the Bills beat a division opponent last week and the Pats beat an out of division opponent, the Bills were ranked first last week.   This week, the Pats are first.

Speaking of rankings, theNFC South and the AFC South are a MESS.   3 teams are 1-1.   The Jags and the Panthers are 0-2.   

The NFC West is gonna be fun.   3 teams are 2-0.   The Cards are 0-1-1.   

The Chargers should be ashamed of themselves losing the Lions.   You can't blame it all on injuries.   

Meanwhile, Dallas is 2-0 and 1 up on Philly and 2 up o n the rest of the winless division.   Plus both wins are division opponents.     In Dak We Trust.   Dallas may become the next NFC East team to beat the Pats in the Super Bowl.   

• Love 2

News just came out that Big Ben is out for the season with his elbow injury and will need surgery. It has also been reported that Drew Brees may be out at least six weeks with a thumb injury. Things are already gone downhill quickly for some teams very early in the season. I hope Teddy can keep things afloat while Drew is out. The Steelers OTOH could end up being a quite a bit of trouble without Ben. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Calvada said:

Saints got screwed on fumble blown dead, called an incomplete pass.  And Brees gets hurt.  I'm surprised that type of injury to a QB's throwing hand doesn't happen more often.  

Yeah, they got screwed, but they still wouldn't have won.

as a Browns fan, I'm trying not to revel in Big Ben being out for the season, but I couldn't help cackling a little.  (Mr. Roamyn is a Squeeler fan.)

Who would've thought at the beginning of the season that the Raiders would be 2-0 and the Panthers & Squeelers would be 0-2?

33 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Who would've thought at the beginning of the season that the Raiders would be 2-0 and the Panthers & Squeelers would be 0-2?

The Raiders did lose to the Chiefs yesterday to drop to 1-1, but they haven't looked too bad so far. The Chiefs are a tough game on anybody's schedule right now.  

Of the 2-0 teams out there, I'm impressed with the Ravens and Bills getting off to strong starts, but there is definitely something to say about the quality of the opponents factoring into those two records.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, roamyn said:

as a Browns fan, I'm trying not to revel in Big Ben being out for the season, but I couldn't help cackling a little.  (Mr. Roamyn is a Squeeler fan.)

I think all Browns fans feel that way, though as human beings we all feel for someone injured.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

The Raiders did lose to the Chiefs yesterday to drop to 1-1, but they haven't looked too bad so far. The Chiefs are a tough game on anybody's schedule right now.  

Of the 2-0 teams out there, I'm impressed with the Ravens and Bills getting off to strong starts, but there is definitely something to say about the quality of the opponents factoring into those two records.

Thank u for correcting me.  For some reason I thought they won.

14 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Wentz hasn't gotten them to the playoffs these last 2 years, Foles has.

The Eagles never would have made it to the Super Bowl without the way Wentz played before he got hurt. 

#FlyEaglesFly   

On 9/15/2019 at 7:47 PM, mojoween said:

Fuuuuuuuuck Dallas.

Never hurts to repeat this!

• Love 4

The poor Jets.  Week 2 and they’re already down to their #3 QB.  Hopefully for them Darnold won’t be out long.

Better showing by the Browns tonight...spoke too soon, Baker just threw an interception.

• Love 1

I am glad that the Browns won tonight. Baker did look a bit confused through the game by the coverages the Jets were showing him. But the Browns did enough to win behind some impressive plays for OBJ (that 89 yard TD was great) and a strong defensive showing, especially by Myles Garrett. I hope they continue to improve and grow as a team.

The Jets had such a rough night tonight. Them racking up all of those injuries really did have a big impact on them. I hope that Trevor's Siemian's injury is not as serious as it looked. 

Though, I will also say that IMO Luke Falk actually didn't look bad and Le'Veon was working very hard trying to do a bit of everything to help them. I do feel bad for Le'Veon, he really was trying to carry the team. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

The Raiders did lose to the Chiefs yesterday 

I read this too fast. I thought you said the ROYALS beat the Chiefs. What a heck of a feat. Who would KC fans root for? 😉😝😂 Anyway, great post as usual.

• LOL 2

After requesting a trade from Miami, Minkah Fitzpatrick has been traded to Pittsburgh.  Seems like Fitzpatrick is going from one bad situation to another in light of Big Ben's season-ending injury.

Mayfield and OBJ showed some real potential last night.  I might hop on the Cleveland love train since I've got nothing to get excited about in DC.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Mayfield and OBJ showed some real potential last night.  I might hop on the Clevelans love train since I've got nothing to get excited about in DC.

They do have a lot of potential. Beckham is truly electric on the field. 

The Jets CB situation, on the other hand, is dreadful. And when that team is missing Mosley on Defense and Darnold on offense... yeesh. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

I think that Daniel Jones might end up being okay. Maybe more than okay. I am interested in seeing how he plays

With any luck Sheppard will be out of the concussion protocol this week and he'll have at least one good WR on the field.  With the ragtag group last week, the Bills were able to just double team Engram the second he left the line, which pretty much negates any "match up problems" he should create.

37 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I don’t have faith in Danny Dimes like everyone else seems to and this move is stupid.  Eli is healthy.  Just play him.  The QB isn’t going to change your trash defense.

I agree completely about making a QB change doesn't do anything to solve the biggest problem.

Having said that, I do have faith that Jones will (eventually) be a good quarterback. I really do think he looked better than Eli running the offense during the preseason, and I'm perfectly willing to accept the mistakes he's going to make that Eli wouldn't at this point.

And I guess that as long as this team is going to lose games because they haven't figured out how to play defense yet, might as well put the QB of the future on the field to get him up to speed now.

43 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I am DISTRAUGHT.

What I hate is that I really, really like and respect Eli, and now he's got to sit around and watch this happen. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I am DISTRAUGHT.  I don’t have faith in Danny Dimes like everyone else seems to and this move is stupid.  Eli is healthy.  Just play him.  The QB isn’t going to change your trash defense.

I have no reason to like your team as they beat the Pats twice as we know. But...  it's time. It's far past the time. You got to move on. For a couple of years now, Eli starting meant that your team wouldn't be ready to contend for that year AND the year after. Having to structure the team around him has crippled the team's infrastructure in every way imaginable. Cherish the memories, but it's time to move on (even if Daniel Jones isn't the answer, which we don't know and can't know until after Eli).

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

I have no reason to like your team as they beat the Pats twice as we know. But...  it's time. It's far past the time. You got to move on. For a couple of years now, Eli starting meant that your team wouldn't be ready to contend for that year AND the year after. Having to structure the team around him has crippled the team's infrastructure in every way imaginable. Cherish the memories, but it's time to move on (even if Daniel Jones isn't the answer, which we don't know and can't know until after Eli).

Noooooooooo *stamps feet*

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

During this offseason, I thought that the QB position around the league was as healthy as its been in quite a while, with most teams having a starter that’s either quality or someone who the team really wants to develop. Some OK QBs playing backup. The only poor truly poor situations were Miami, Denver and Washington, I think, or Jax if you’re not a Foles believer. But really, quite stable as things go  

Since then we’ve lost

Luck (forever)

Brees

Ben

Foles

Darnold for some time

Semian

Eli (non injury)

Thats 1/5 of the league’s QBs turned over in the most passer protected league ever. Did I miss anyone?

Cam, Mariotta, Jimmy G, and Watson have to be thought of injury risks as well.

Pretty crazy. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

During this offseason, I thought that the QB position around the league was as healthy as its been in quite a while, with most teams having a starter that’s either quality or someone who the team really wants to develop. Some OK QBs playing backup. The only poor truly poor situations were Miami, Denver and Washington, I think, or Jax if you’re not a Foles believer. But really, quite stable as things go  

Since then we’ve lost

Luck (forever)

Brees

Ben

Foles

Darnold for some time

Semian

Eli (non injury)

Thats 1/5 of the league’s QBs turned over in the most passer protected league ever. Did I miss anyone?

Cam, Mariotta, Jimmy G, and Watson have to be thought of injury risks as well.

Pretty crazy. 

And as of this afternoon evidently Cam was back in a boot and not even at practice today. I mean he hasn’t been great for a while but we’ve got two rookie back ups as QB so I think it may be a tie for first round pick between Panthers and Dolphins this year!

Ni think the Jets and even the Giants & Cardinals May win 3 games apiece.

But the Redskins, Panthers and Dolphins May end up winless.  Question?  Who gets the #1 draft pick, then?  The team that gave up the most?  The team that scored the least?  (Probably the Dolphins in both cases)

59 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Ni think the Jets and even the Giants & Cardinals May win 3 games apiece.

But the Redskins, Panthers and Dolphins May end up winless.  Question?  Who gets the #1 draft pick, then?  The team that gave up the most?  The team that scored the least?  (Probably the Dolphins in both cases)

I could see the Cardinals and even the Giants/Jets winning a few games. The Jets looked pretty bad last night, but that was largely due to them suffering a ton of injuries. They were trying, especially Le'Veon, Luke Falk and to a lesser degree Robbie Anderson. When Sam comes back (and who knows maybe with Luke) they could win at least a couple. Depending on things like how Daniel plays the Giants could win a couple/few and the Cardinals have been hanging in there with better teams these first two weeks. I could eventually see them getting a few wins.

The Dolphins are the team that I think will have the least amount of wins (and might go winless). I'm concerned for the Panthers as well. I could see the Redskins getting at least a few wins, Case has shown before that he can be adequate and their defense actually did a nice job early on in that Cowboys game in containing Dak/the offense. Granted the Cowboys took over and ended up dominating, but I could see the Redskins getting a few wins against some struggling teams. 

Edited by Jx223
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:26 AM, Fukui San said:

The Jets were so bad last night, it forced the Dolphins to trade Minkah Fitzpatrick midgame to try to get worse than them. #Tank4Tua

Going to be a "race" between Miami and Carolina I think in the tanking category

I think Cam is done, will never be the same, time to move on from him. 

I don't see how Miami wins a game this year though. 

At this pace Miami will be outscored on the year approximately 800-50. 

1 minute ago, DrSpaceman said:

Going to be a "race" between Miami and Carolina I think in the tanking category

I think Cam is done, will never be the same, time to move on from him. 

I don't see how Miami wins a game this year though. 

At this pace Miami will be outscored on the year approximately 800-50. 

"I'm sure it's not THAT bad in Carolina. Who's the backup QB?"

* Googles *

"I've never heard of Kyle Allen in my life."

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

Even without Cam, there's still a lot of talent on the Panthers' roster.  A lot more than Miami, anyway.

Very true!

Carolina ditched Heineke (sp?) after pre season for Allen and Grier. Heineke was actually pretty decent so I’m not sure what they were thinking unless the thought was to intentionally tank the season. I’m just glad I didn’t waste money on tickets this year. Me and my Dad can watch them suck at home for free 🙂

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

Heineke was actually pretty decent so I’m not sure what they were thinking unless the thought was to intentionally tank the season.

I thought Kyle Allen clearly outplayed him last year. Once they drafted Grier, the writing was on the wall for Heinicke.

2 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

I thought Kyle Allen clearly outplayed him last year. Once they drafted Grier, the writing was on the wall for Heinicke.

But Allen appeared to regress during pre-season, and Grier wasn’t much better, tho he’s a rookie.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

So AB skates again. The accuser's stupid lawyer allowed the statute of limitations to run. I can't believe it's only 2 years in PA.

Where are you seeing this?   She filed in Florida for behavior that occurred in Florida so that is the state that the SOL would apply.    I haven't heard anything about that.   Now a lot of other problems with the stupid lawyer, but I haven't heard that he let the SOL run.

• Useful 1