Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Popples said:

Dwayne Haskins didn't look too happy.

Would u? The Giants said a big FU by picking Daniel Jones, who while an adequate QB had a terrible combine. 

With the exception of Geno, have the Giants ever had a minority QB?

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1

First off, so happy to see my girl Daisy Mae galloping off into the blessed life.  💛💜🐴 Praise be!  Perplexed by many picks tonight.  Loved seeing Tim McGraw burning that dickhead Dabo.  Looking forward to round 2!!!

1 hour ago, roamyn said:

Wow, Gettleman really doesn’t know what he’s doing.  A DT?  Really?

That's the DT a lot of Patriots fans had pegged as the favorite to be the Pats pick at #32. Like Vince Wilfork 2.0.

4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yay we got Dwayne Haskins!

I just hope and pray that Snyder/Gruden don't fuck him up.

Happy for ya!  I knew it was inevitable that Alex probably won’t ever come back from his injury.  So sad, such a great guy. He did SO MUCH for the Foster / Adopt community here in KC.  He was a true hero for our F/A kiddos.  ❤️💛 .  

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Care to explain?

I don't know what this is all about, what makes him (using your words) a "racist homophobe"?

Those are pretty strong words that I would never use against anyone.  Those types of labels tend to stick.

He was posting a lot of racist stuff on social media and following very far right wing sites.   He SAID it was just to stir things up.    But then he went and scrubbed his social media right before the draft.   

As for Hoskins, his party was right up the road from me.    A friend and I were joking about crashing it.   

The Giants, who knows.   But you do NOT draft a QB in the top 10 to sit him for a couple of years.   If Eli struggles -- and he will because they didn't bother to bloody get him an O line yet and traded their top receiver-- they will be calls to put in Jones.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Drafting that early in the draft, no team can afford to draft a bust. 

The way Gettleman has been going so far, they'll have plenty of early picks in the coming years...

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Happy for ya!  I knew it was inevitable that Alex probably won’t ever come back from his injury.  So sad, such a great guy. He did SO MUCH for the Foster / Adopt community here in KC.  He was a true hero for our F/A kiddos.  ❤️💛 .  

As soon as he came to DC he seemed to fit right in.  He seems like a really nice guy and I wish him well.  Sadly, his football career is probably over but there's so much else he can do. 

I know some of these draft picks like to show up in crazy getups, like the guy in that black and white outfit, but Kyler Murray looked like a leprechaun dressed in pink.  The difference with him is that I think he actually thought he looked good.

Me, right at 9:00pm last night.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I know some of these draft picks like to show up in crazy getups, like the guy in that black and white outfit, but Kyler Murray looked like a leprechaun dressed in pink.  The difference with him is that I think he actually thought he looked good.

Lord the guy in the black and white outfit -- I said "Is he wearing a cow?"   I have no idea what the hell that was.

• LOL 1

At first, I thought Devin Bush had his arm in a sling, then I realized he's been stealing from 80's Bobby Brown's wardrobe. As long as he can tackle and make plays, I don't even care. But Twitter had me rolling about his outfit.

• LOL 8

It's pretty common to see linemen "clean up" after they retire. Shave the lumberjack beard, get a haircut, lose the football weight. . . 

Not former Jet Nick Mangold. Dude looks just like he did when he was playing.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:16 PM, Popples said:

At first, I thought Devin Bush had his arm in a sling, then I realized he's been stealing from 80's Bobby Brown's wardrobe. As long as he can tackle and make plays, I don't even care. But Twitter had me rolling about his outfit.

Yeah, it was weird. I wonder if any teams scrambled to find out if he had hurt himself. LOL.

Baltimore Colts great Gino Marchetti passed away on Monday at the age of 93.   The guy was a legend.   He played in one of the greatest games in history, the Colts v. Giants in 55(?).   Played 14 seasons in the NFL at a time when players played both offense and defense.   They don't make them like him anymore.

RIP.

Gino Marchetti played in the NFL's first playoff championship "sudden death" overtime game in 1958 against the Colts.  I remember it well because I was a kid watching with my father and his friends, and he was supposed to be watching my two-year old brother.  While we were mesmerized watching the game, my brother fell down a couple stairs and cut his lip just a little, and my mom cussed my dad out.  LOL.

R.I.P., Mr. Marchetti.  Good memories!

• Love 4

For fellow Giants fans - I was also disappointed immediately after the draft. Now that I've had time for the emotions to settle, I feel a little better. Also, don't know if any of you are familiar with Big Blue Kickoff Live (on the Giants.com website and app). It's a daily call in show that their main media people do - kind of a podcast but it's initially live with callers. Anyway, they are fans of the team but they are really good about keeping level heads and making sense of why certain decisions were made. Listening to them has helped me. They don't have any insider scoop or anything like that, although they have some extra access to people. But I recommend listening if you are a fan. Some former players also work for them and do some of the shows, so that's fun. 

Three way race between Jets, Knicks and Giants for New York based laughingstock. Mets don't seem too bad this year.

I'm fascinated by guys like Gase and Hue Jackson whose main and possibly only skill is accumulating power within an organization rather than, like, coaching. Any type of coaching. They suck increasingly but continue to wield power within the organization until they have to fire him.

• Love 6

Chris Long announced his retirement tonight.

Long played for St. Louis and won back to back Super Bowls playing for new england and Philadelphia as well as winning this years Walter Peyton Man of the Year.

Thanks Chris for helping to bring a Super Bowl championship to the Eagles will. Never forget you going down the parade route in a fake fur coat and a Allen Iverson Jersey.

• Love 8
(edited)

The NFL Network is showing something called The NFL Quarterback Challenge with the likes of Favre and McNair and Young and Dilfer and Kordell Stewart and Baltimore Ravens QB Jim Harbaugh and it is amazing.

I can’t quite pinpoint the year because I didn’t realize Young and McNair played at the same time but the NFL should go back to doing this.  They’ve made strides with the Pro Bowl Skills Challenge but this is all QB’s all the time.

Edit - as I am watching further maybe they can’t do this now, since the QB who wins one of the comps has to be able to throw 75 yards.  

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2

Bart Starr dead at 85.  Twitter is filled with tributes to his decency, his humanity, his class.  A great player, and a greater human being.  It's third and one - throw long, Bart.

Such a valiant fight with his recent health battles.  May he now rest in peace.  From his family's statement announcing his death:  "He had hoped to make one last trip to Green Bay to watch the Packers this fall, but he shall forever be there in spirit."  

The Steelers have two rocket scientists participating in OTAs this spring.

Back up QB Josh Dobbs, aerospace engineering University of Tennessee. And kicker Matthew Wright. Aeronautical engineering, University of Central Florida.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, xaxat said:

The Steelers have two rocket scientists participating in OTAs this spring.

Back up QB Josh Dobbs, aerospace engineering University of Tennessee. And kicker Matthew Wright. Aeronautical engineering, University of Central Florida.

I would think the last thing you would want is a kicker who thinks too much, especially one who thinks too much about the way things fly through the air. 

13 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

I would think the last thing you would want is a kicker who thinks too much, especially one who thinks too much about the way things fly through the air. 

Just the opposite, I think you would want someone who understands how yardage, angle to the uprights, wind conditions, and such all effect his kick.

• Love 1

I think they meant when actually kicking. Like when a pitcher is having problems getting the ball over the plate - just throw the ball. It's muscle memory at that point. Practice is when you work on plant foot, etc. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think they meant when actually kicking. Like when a pitcher is having problems getting the ball over the plate - just throw the ball. It's muscle memory at that point. Practice is when you work on plant foot, etc. 

Exactly. Kickers are like baseball closers. They need to have short memories, unflappable personalities, and just be all muscle memory. Quarterbacks can be thinkers. Kickers need to be doers. 

Imo of course. 

• Love 1

It's coming out that in Richie Icognito's last days with the Bills they had to increase security at the facility.    Not to bar him but just in case he showed up and caused trouble.   Incognito has since signed with the Raiders.   I can see no way this can go wrong.

• LOL 3

I can't get over that Richie Incognito was often a player they brought onto sports media shows when they'd need a player's perspective even after Bullygate. I'm not hallucinating that, right? It'd be like "Who's gonna win the AFC Championship? Let's ask blankety blank, blankety blank, and Richie Incognito". 

• Love 2

Earlier today, I check the headlines at ESPN and see "Packers' LaFleur Suffers Torn Achilles" and my heart sinks, then I think wait a minute, who??  It took me a moment to realize it wasn't a player, but the head coach. 

On 5/30/2019 at 2:22 PM, merylinkid said:

It's coming out that in Richie Icognito's last days with the Bills they had to increase security at the facility.    Not to bar him but just in case he showed up and caused trouble.   Incognito has since signed with the Raiders.   I can see no way this can go wrong.

So this guy gets a job in the NFL before Colin Kaepernick?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Calvada said:

So this guy gets a job in the NFL before Colin Kaepernick?  

The Department of Defense, who pays the NFL money to worship the flag, doesn't care if you kill, beat, shoot, or rape people, but you will fucking respect that flag to your dying fucking day and can shove the 1st amendment right up your ass if you think you're going to play in the NFL. Is it really that surprising? Icognito is the post modern Romanowski. They want mindless tanks. America. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Reasons to smile...

Says who?

cheater, cheater, cheater...*

In all seriousness, I can't help but respect Brady's talent and resilience. He's not my favorite person in the world, and the Patriots are cheaters, but that's another story. 

3 hours ago, mojoween said:

OBJ’s talent?  Immense.  I’m sorry it’s gone.

His mouth?  Fuck him.  Glad to be rid of his ungrateful ass. 

He and Baker can have each other.

I feel the exact same way about Antonio Brown.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 8:27 AM, mojoween said:

OBJ’s talent?  Immense.  I’m sorry it’s gone.

His mouth?  Fuck him.  Glad to be rid of his ungrateful ass. 

He and Baker can have each other.

And we thank you.  Having his Broman, and former coach on his team, as well as being in a small market, should help keep him down to earth.

Oh, the a Great Phil Simms agrees with OBJ if you didn’t notice recently.

Edited by roamyn