Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I am so stinking irritated.

Look, I get that the Giants and Chargers both suck, but I ride or die with Big Blue.

So imagine my utter dismay that not only are BOTH CBS and FOX showing the AFC (Bills on one, Jets on the other), but the NFL mobile app is only streaming those very same games and no others and also the ESPN radio app, which advertised all week that they were going to broadcast Giants/Chargers, had the game nowhere to be found. 

I can't even find it on Westwood One on AM radio.

What the fuck.

17 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Look, I get that the Giants and Chargers both suck, but I ride or die with Big Blue.

So imagine my utter dismay that not only are BOTH CBS and FOX showing the AFC (Bills on one, Jets on the other), but the NFL mobile app is only streaming those very same games and no others and also the ESPN radio app, which advertised all week that they were going to broadcast Giants/Chargers, had the game nowhere to be found. 

What the fuck.

You could sign up for a free trial with Sirius, or the TuneIn Radio app.  

I have no other suggestions...sorry.  Except, maybe you should just watch baseball  :-)

6 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Jets/Browns is making a serious claim for the worst NFL game I have ever seen.

Funny. I was going to say the same about the Chargers-Giants.  

48 minutes ago, mojoween said:

What the fuck.

What market are you in?  CBS is airing the Giants game and FOX is airing the Jets...which I thought was interesting because when both teams are playing at the same time FOX will always air the Giants and CBS will always air the Jets.  I wonder why the switch today.

Yeah never mind. Wouldn't have liked to see the Bills lose to the freaking Bengals. Sigh. Same team every damn year. It was nice to see the Steelers lose to the Jags.

70% of the fans at the Rams game are Seahawks fans. I guess this is the new norm for football teams in LA. 

Can the Giants please just forfeit the rest of their games?  I cant even count how many injuries we had today.  Odell should be DONE for the season.  Regardless of whether his lastest ankle injury calls for it or not. Just shut him down.  Dont know about Marshall and Shepard...but this season is over. Point blank period.  It was probably over 2 weeks ago.  SMH.   

The Giants might very well go 0-16.  Seriously. And after people were predicting they'd win the division its just crazy to think how wrong that was.  Not even close. Damn. I cant believe this.

Edited by FuriousStyles
16 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Mike Pence went to the 49er/Colt game and got up and left when players knelt during the Anthem.  Then Trump tweeted that they had planned for Pence to leave if anybody knelt.  Surely they knew that was going to happen?

Yes, it was a planned stunt. I assume that the VP will front the cost for extra security etc., knowing that he was going leave so early. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Mike Pence went to the 49er/Colt game and got up and left when players knelt during the Anthem.  Then Trump tweeted that they had planned for Pence to leave if anybody knelt.  Surely they knew that was going to happen?

Wow, that's unreal. Regardless of where anyone stands on the anthem issue, that was crazy rude. I'm sure the Colts owner pulled out all the stops for Pence and his wife, and for them to get up and leave because a few players kneeled? Grow up already. 

• Love 7

That was another thrilling game between the Cowboys/Packers and another tough loss for the Cowboys. It's ironic how it ended up being 28-31 at the end of that game like it was during the playoff game. Aaron Rodgers came through again and the defense couldn't do enough to stop him. I give Dak credit for playing well, but the Dallas defense didn't do enough in that game, and Zeke didn't really get hot until the second half. Dallas's d definitely misses Sean Lee.

Also, I am glad that the Panthers won today. Cam played very well and the offense and defense were clicking. I hope they continue to play well. I thought that was the best game from the early slate. A lot of the other games had a lot of rough things happening like Big Ben throwing 5ints, and the Giants losing their main receivers. I hope that Odell heals up well. This season has been very interesting so far and includes some teams in some interesting and surprising positions. (Like the Giants losing as much as they have and the Jets having a winning streak.)

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

Aaron Rodgers has the sexiest eyes alive.  He's a pretty good QB, too.  That trick of Crazy Jerry's of putting windows in the stadium so the sun blinds the opposing team sure backfired this time.  Aaron will-out shine the sun any old day!

I really like Dak and think he's doing great, but I can't root for him when they're playing my Packers.

29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I knew it was over when Dallas gave the ball back to Rodgers with a minute left.

During the end of the second quarter, I started to have a feeling that the Cowboys weren't going to win this game.  And 1:13 at the end is just too much time to give to Aaron Rodgers lol. There was a play at the end of that game when the Cowboys were like 2 and 1 and they decided to throw it. I think they may have been better off trying to run the ball then, and take more time off the clock. Though, overall the Cowboys offense tried to keep the ball away from Aaron, but he pulled it off again. He really is great as what he does. 

I am getting concerned for the Cowboys. I'm looking at the rest of their tough schedule and am wondering can they win at least 9 games. I hope so. I think they are going to need at least that many wins to make the playoffs. Especially with Philly playing as well as they are. But this loss against the Packers hurt, and so did last week's loss against the Rams. I hope they will bounce back from this loss. I also hope that Sean Lee comes back healthy and that Zeke's run game really gets going.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

Wow, I am barely coherent.  What a crazy game between the Packers and Cowboys.  The way the Packers' defense was playing in the first half, I thought it would be a rout.  I watched the entire game and I'm still not sure how the Packers won.  Oh wait, I know.  That guy behind center.  What a special player Aaron Rodgers is, eh? 

Was there any doubt Aaron Rodgers was going to drive down for at least a FG and tie the game? 

I don't care what Pence does and stopped caring about the national anthem a year ago.  Pence was in town though for the Peyton Manning statue unveiling and his ring of Honor enshrinement. 

I don't care that he left the game though

OBJ done for the year. 

Colts are now 2-3 with a strength of Victory of 0%.  Beat two winless teams by a FG

My team sucks and since I've always had a soft spot for all manner of Packer teams, where is the line for the Green Bay bandwagon?  I needed a cigarette after Rodgers threw that TD.

I am HIGHLY amused that both Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens tweeted their availability to the Giants.

• Love 5

Everytime I see some of these inept backup QBs out there, I get angry thinking that Kap is still available.

Speaking of which, three teams (Skins, Cowboys, and I forgot the third team), are going to be penalized for not standing for the anthem. I guess this triggers them more than the other social injustices going on in this country. Doubly angry.

One game brings Watson back to reality. The Chiefs look very good. What is also giving me chest pain is the Jets have the same record as the Bills do. They are definitely outperforming this season- I thought they were a shoo in for the number one pick.

I don't give a shit about Mike Pence leaving the game in Indy.  It was his right to do so, after all.  However, as a taxpayer, I would like to know the bill for his travel there and the security necessary for the VPOTUS.  It was a stunt, because he knew there would be 49ers who would kneel.  A pretty damn expensive stunt. 

I'm curious to see how Trubisky does for the Bears tomorrow.  We seem to be watching the approaching end of a lot of QBs' careers - Eli, Big Ben, RIvers - so it will be interesting to see the start of one's career.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, twoods said:

What is also giving me chest pain is the Jets have the same record as the Bills do. They are definitely outperforming this season- I thought they were a shoo in for the number one pick.

They'd have to fight the Browns for it, and Cleveland wrote the book on having futile franchises.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, that's unreal. Regardless of where anyone stands on the anthem issue, that was crazy rude. I'm sure the Colts owner pulled out all the stops for Pence and his wife, and for them to get up and leave because a few players kneeled? Grow up already. 

I'm sure the Colts owner was briefed that the VP would only be staying for a few minutes, and was compensated handsomely. 

• Love 3

I am impressed with how Deshaun Watson ended up playing in this game. He started out shaky in the first half, but had a very nice second half. He threw several nice deep bombs, including some that were caught for touchdowns. And he matched his TD record from last week with 5TDs again. I liked the way that him and the Texans kept trying to score and that made their loss more respectable. Even when the game was out of reach they still put forth a good effort to make the loss more respectable looking. If the Chiefs weren’t as good of team as they are, the Texans may have won that game.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Ben Roethlisberger became average really fast. Maybe there is something to that avocado ice cream.

During the Super Bowl runs, the Steelers had phenomenal defenses, which helped cover up his shortcomings. I don't get the avocado ice cream reference.

I feel bad for JJ Watt.  One injury after another for him.  Out for the season, again. 

So far this season the league standings and rankings are the Chiefs and then everyone else. 

The AFC is a muddled mess.  13 of 16 teams right now have 2 or 3 wins.  Only the Chiefs, the Browns and the Chargers have more or less than that

I think the football gods hate Houston. We finally get a franchise quarterback (who threw 5 touchdown passes again yesterday) and then J.J. Watt, the heart of the team, goes down with a broken leg. When am I going to quit getting my hopes up?

Can someone please tell me what was the point of Troy Aikman telling us when the Cowboys scored the touchdown to go up 31-28, that they left too much time on the clock (1:15) for Aaron Rodgers? I find that to be very irritating. If I'm down 28-24 late in the 4th Quarter & was driving for a possible winning touchdown, the last thing I'm thinking about is leaving too much time on the clock if we score a touchdown. They basically think the defense have no chance of stopping the other team from getting the winning score. A lot of announcers (not just Troy Aikman) do that & I find that type of thinking to be very stupid. 

12 hours ago, mojoween said:

Soooooo...the Dolphins have some issues.

Foerster has resigned...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/09/chris-foerster-resigns-after-drug-video-emerges/?cid=eref:nbcnews:text

5 minutes ago, Magog said:

They basically think the defense have no chance of stopping the other team from getting the winning score. A lot of announcers (not just Troy Aikman) do that & I find that type of thinking to be very stupid. 

And yet, Aaron Rogers proved them right.  It all depends on the situation, but when you have a guy known to have the ability to make that sort of comeback, you don't want to give him any extra time to work his magic.

• Love 5

Mike Pence's actions were Totally Rude!  Supposedly he was in town to help honor Peyton Manning, and now his political stunt has over-shadowed what should have been a special day for Peyton.  He could have stayed til Half-time to acknowledge Peyton's number being retired.  At least the Colts managed to pull out a win, by the skin of their teeth,  and not embarrass themselves in front of Peyton.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Moose135 said:

And yet, Aaron Rogers proved them right.  It all depends on the situation, but when you have a guy known to have the ability to make that sort of comeback, you don't want to give him any extra time to work his magic.

But the point is, what are you supposed to do about that? If the offense is worrying about taking time off the clock *and* having to score the TD, then they're not going to do either. As the offense, you have to get in the end zone however you can. That's all their job is at that point. It's a team game and you need the defense to be able to make a stop. 

49 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Mike Pence's actions were Totally Rude! 

And expensive. Reports are saying his little stunt cost about $1M in tax dollars. 

• Love 1

I agree- a minute to score a touchdown at the 20 is ridiculous. All that pressure that Dallas had on Rodgers virtually disappeared in the second half. I knew that when he got the ball they would win the game. I hate the Packers, but know that no one does it better than him (and Brady) when it comes to 4th quarter comebacks.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Magog said:

Can someone please tell me what was the point of Troy Aikman telling us when the Cowboys scored the touchdown to go up 31-28, that they left too much time on the clock (1:15) for Aaron Rodgers? I find that to be very irritating. If I'm down 28-24 late in the 4th Quarter & was driving for a possible winning touchdown, the last thing I'm thinking about is leaving too much time on the clock if we score a touchdown. They basically think the defense have no chance of stopping the other team from getting the winning score. A lot of announcers (not just Troy Aikman) do that & I find that type of thinking to be very stupid. 

As a Packers fan, I get it because that team has been in similar situations many times.  Rodgers would lead a drive that'd put the Packers ahead but the defense couldn't be counted on to stop the opposition's offense if there was too much time on the clock.   As a result, there has been quite a bit of talk in fandom as to whether or not it's better to get the points whenever they're available or take one's time.  (Or heck, let the other team score to give the offense as much time as possible to win it back.)

Logically, letting the other team score or risk not scoring in order to eat time off the clock are not smart decisions.  You have to take the points.  You have to try to prevent the other team from getting them. 

But given the status of the NFL these days, a good offense with an experienced quarterback against a struggling defense is scary if you're a fan of the defense.

Here's the thing...Jerry Jones can use his first amendment rights to tell the men he owns whatever he wants to as far as what he considers proper conduct.

But.  Besides the millions of dollars he has put into the team, what makes him the arbiter of anthem protocol?

• Love 2