Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TheGongOfDoom

NFL Thread

Recommended Posts

On 3/16/2019 at 11:50 AM, ae2 said:

Immature whiners are tolerable if they have the talent to compensate for it. I don't know enough about Rosen to say if he's a whiner, but I've seen enough to question if he has the talent.

Still, the idea that you could get a passable starter for say, a third round pick (seems to be the current consensus among fans), is just too enticing to let go of for most people.

He's definitely a whiner.  He complained about analysts saying Sam Darnold should be picked in the draftfirst last year, he complained when he was picked tenth instead of one, he whined that he was so much better than Baker Mayfield (who was picked first) that he (Josh) would have better stats than Baker.

Now, I give his lack of production some leeway, considering he was protected by what amounted to the practice squad and he had little talent to throw to, but personality-wise, he's very immature.  i'm surprised he hasn't come out and said anything about the Kyler Murray rumors.  

I think the Giants organization are a bunch of big fat idiots.  They paid OBJr. $21M last year, will pay him $16M this year to play for another team, and I believe a few million next year.  Then they go and sign Golden Tate for I think $35M.  Yes, OBJr. has a flamboyant and large personality, but by all accounts he's no locker room poison (ala Antonio Brown) and is loved and respected by all his teammates.  What in God's name are the Giants doing?!  You have a QB who can't fling the ball downfield, but you sign your most prolific catcher for $95M, then let him go after paying him more than $40M of a new contract?!  So he complained about your beloved Eli in an interview.  Big whoop.  Eli IS done, and has been for a few years.  Look at his stats!  That's not any knocks on what Eli has done in the past, it's part of aging.  Unless your Drew Brees or Tom Brady, your QBR DOES go down as you approach 40 - and in reality, even they aren't as productive as they used to be.  To hang onto an aging QB and not have anyone lined up is ridiculous - esp if the latest rumors are true that the Giants have decided to focus on defense and not draft a QB until next year.  Maybe OBJr. shouldn't have said anything to the media, I'll grant that, but he wasn't wrong - just frustrated.

I'm just hoping he isn't Andre Rison 2.0.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Haloti Ngata announces his retirement from Mt. Kilimanjaro. That's pretty damn cool.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, roamyn said:

He's definitely a whiner.  He complained about analysts saying Sam Darnold should be picked in the draftfirst last year, he complained when he was picked tenth instead of one, he whined that he was so much better than Baker Mayfield (who was picked first) that he (Josh) would have better stats than Baker.

Rosen does have a crappy attitude and reminds me a lot of Aaron Rodgers in that regard.  At least Rodgers have accomplished a lot to back that up (though I find both him and Rosen insufferable).

Share this post


Link to post

I don't buy into the rumors about Russell Wilson.  The way i see it.....he wouldn't fit in anywhere else...... what other organization would've even picked him?    Nobody else is that smart.

Edited by Sounder

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Sounder said:

I Iike Josh Rosen right where he is..... he's in the Seahawks division..... and so long as he's there..... the cards represent two easy Seahawk wins.   And if he HAD gone first to Cleveland.....he'd be bitching about Cleveland...... and playing poorly.   I'd say the Browns made the right pick...... first time for everything y'know.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Sounder said:

what other organization would've even picked him?    Nobody else is that smart.

Um, someone would've picked him. He was projected to go in the 4th round. Seattle drafted him in the 3rd. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/18/2019 at 12:57 AM, roamyn said:

I think the Giants organization are a bunch of big fat idiots.  They paid OBJr. $21M last year, will pay him $16M this year to play for another team, and I believe a few million next year.  Then they go and sign Golden Tate for I think $35M. 

Eli isn't a team leader.  Back when the Chargers drafted him, he wouldn't even put on their damn hat.   Just put on the hat until he gets traded, how hard is that?   He acted like a petulant child.  I don't think Golden Tate is being brought in for production.  I think he is brought in for veteran leadership.

It isn't going to be pretty when Eli eventually gets replaced.  I won't be shocked if he starts crying.

I don't think Rosen is a good fit with the Giants.  He was acting out with the Cardinals, I can't imagine him being able to deal with the media pressure that comes with playing for the Giants.

Perhaps Rosen will end up with the Dolphins.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

Um, someone would've picked him. He was projected to go in the 4th round. Seattle drafted him in the 3rd. 

The Eagles were going to take Wilson. The Seahawks picked just ahead of them and the Eagles took Nick Foles instead.

Share this post


Link to post

Robert Kraft Can Get Solicitation Charges Dropped If He Admits He Would've Been Found Guilty In Trial

Quote

The proposed deferred prosecution agreement calls for completion of an education course about prostitution, completion of 100 hours of community service, screening for sexually transmitted diseases and payment of some court costs.

But in an unusual provision, the agreement also calls for the defendants to review the evidence in the case and agree that, if it were to go to trial, the state would be able to prove their guilt, this person said.

Share this post


Link to post

Ooh, I like that new provision!  I hope it becomes more commonplace.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Minneapple said:

The Eagles were going to take Wilson. The Seahawks picked just ahead of them and the Eagles took Nick Foles instead.

He shoud have gone higher.   But his size....... surely can't be an NFL starter...... mannn how things work out..... the Seahawks had signed Matt Flynn who was the sexiest free agent available after he had a big game for Green Bay to close the season.  THAT was a dud almost of Percy Harvin proportions.   When Russell won the starting job we were all WHAAAAA?   Don't think anyone questions it now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's probably the right time for him. I feel like one more bad hit and he might not walk again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Come, Gronk, come to my warm nurturing embrace.  We'll get through this together.

Share this post


Link to post

Has any non-game decision by a head coach generated as many hot takes as Kingsbury did with his cell phone break policy?

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Jordy Nelson is retiring .  That's not a surprise and as a Packers fan, I wish he could have spent the last season in Green Bay, but I know the reality of football.  He is beloved by Packers fans and I hope he will continue to play some role within the organization.  He and Aaron Rodgers together - wow, that was fun to watch.  They had that connection on the field, where Aaron could glance over at Jordy before the snap and they each instantly knew what the other was thinking.  That's football magic. 

The Packers might play a preseason game in Canada - people in Wisconsin already wondering who will "forget" his passport.  Knowing what he thinks of preseason games, my money is on Rodgers  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, xaxat said:

Has any non-game decision by a head coach generated as many hot takes as Kingsbury did with his cell phone break policy?

He described the players as "hands twitching and legs shaking." 

I don't think that's from the cell phones.......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/27/2019 at 4:09 PM, xaxat said:

Has any non-game decision by a head coach generated as many hot takes as Kingsbury did with his cell phone break policy?

He claims the policy worked well on his collegiate team.  And how did your college coaching career work out, Kliff?

Something tells me it’s as much for Kingsbury, as it is his men.

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how that conversation went.

Agent: I just got off the phone with the Cardinals. They'd like to talk to you .

Kingsbury: Louisville? I thought they hired Satterfield as their new head coach.

Agent: The Arizona Cardinals. 

Kingsbury: Sweet, you mean I might get an NFL OC gig?

Agent: No, head coach. 

Edited by xaxat
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just shut up, Mike McCarthy.  His firing "couldn't have been handled any worse?"  I can think of many, many ways it could have been handled worse.  They told him in private, and allowed him to address the team a couple days later.  In their statement announcing the firing, the Packers acknowledged the success the team had during McCarthy's tenure, thanked Mike and his wife for their work in the Green Bay and Wisconsin communities.  What more did he want?  Jesus, the team just lost to the Cardinals at Lambeau Field, in a game in which McCarthy and the players seemed to lose interest for the entire second half.  For all the angst from ESPN, Sunday Night Football, and the NFL Network about the Packers firing a coach before the season ended (as if that was the first time it had ever happened), there would have been a lot of Packer fans in open revolt if they continued to pretend all was well until the end of the season.

Worse ways:  they could have fired him as he walked off the field, announced it to the press before telling him, sent him a text instead of speaking to him in person, had security escort him from the premises, had his car towed from the parking lot during the 4th quarter of that game, played "Hit the Road Jack" as Mark Murphy entered the media room to make the announcement, and on and on.  

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if Mike McCarthy was trying to get ahead of the Bleacher Report article (What Happened in Green Bay) that has just come out because it was odd to bring this up months after his firing.

Share this post


Link to post

From the article,

Quote

Nobody holds a grudge in any sport like Rodgers. When it comes to Rodgers, grudges do not merrily float away. They stick. They grow. They refuel.

Michael Jordan owns this title. Not even close. The man who used his HOF speech to point out everybody who "slighted" him during his career. Going all the way back to high school!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, xaxat said:

From the article,

Michael Jordan owns this title. Not even close. The man who used his HOF speech to point out everybody who "slighted" him during his career. Going all the way back to high school!

I wonder if Brady will make a run at this for his Hall of Fame speech. "So, as you know I wasn't drafted until the 6th round..."

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fukui San said:

I wonder if Brady will make a run at this for his Hall of Fame speech. "So, as you know I wasn't drafted until the 6th round..."

And the Patriots picked 6 other plays before him!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/3/2019 at 9:04 PM, Calvada said:

Worse ways:  they could have fired him as he walked off the field, announced it to the press before telling him, sent him a text instead of speaking to him in person, had security escort him from the premises, had his car towed from the parking lot during the 4th quarter of that game, played "Hit the Road Jack" as Mark Murphy entered the media room to make the announcement, and on and on.  

They could have also put a bullet in his head and pants him so technically, it could have been worse.  But I still maintain it was pretty awful to fire a long time coach who led the team to many wins with four games left.  It's not like they were going to gain or lose much by switching coaches mid season. 

5 hours ago, KillingAdam said:

So who comes across as the bigger stinkier sack of stinky dicks, Rogers or McCarthy?

Rodgers is going to be with the one with the most pressure.  If he plays well the next few years, the criticisms against him will fade into the background.  If he continues to not play up to his potential, they will only increase.

Share this post


Link to post

As someone whose first NFL game was Jets-Dolphins in 1978, at Shea Stadium, I absolutely love the Jet's new uniforms.

Except the black. Don't like that.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, KillingAdam said:

So who comes across as the bigger stinkier sack of stinky dicks, Rogers or McCarthy?

Rodgers and it isn't close.

I appreciate his talent, but if his attitude is anything like it has been reported, I can't imagine a lot of people wanting to play with the dude.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

As someone whose first NFL game was Jets-Dolphins in 1978, at Shea Stadium, I absolutely love the Jet's new uniforms.

Except the black. Don't like that.

I like them too.   I don't like that they called it stealth black.   But I'm okay with the actual color.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

As someone whose first NFL game was Jets-Dolphins in 1978, at Shea Stadium, I absolutely love the Jet's new uniforms.

Except the black. Don't like that.

I'm just hoping that the addition of black means that I can get a hoodie or some other similar item in black. I'm actually a Giants fan, but I have a relative who works for the Jets and once a year he hosts the family.

I need to upgrade my Jets swag for game day, and the bright green doesn't work for me. A nice black shirt with a Jets logo would be great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

As someone whose first NFL game was Jets-Dolphins in 1978, at Shea Stadium, I absolutely love the Jet's new uniforms.

Except the black. Don't like that.

Like everything else in their history the Jets fucked up their new unis. 

There was ZERO reason to change them. The ones they had were classics, as much as ANYTHING about the Jets can be called classic or classy.

That NEW YORK across the chest? 

SUCKS.

That weird stripe across the shoulder?

SUCKS.

BLACK alternate jerseys?

SUCKS.

Black facemask?

SUCKS.

The only SLIGHTY good thing about these barfs is the shiny green helmet, but that is RUINED by the black facemask.

BURN ALL OF IT.

Edited by KillingAdam

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Rodgers and it isn't close.

I appreciate his talent, but if his attitude is anything like it has been reported, I can't imagine a lot of people wanting to play with the dude.  

Oh like he’s the only douche bag QB to ever exist.  I’d pretty much guess 90% of the starting QB’s in the NFL are total jack holes.  

On another note, my #32 Chiefs shirsey is set to be delivered tomorrow!!!!  HBDC!  So effing pumped to have my boy here.  I was on the beach at spring break with the fam when I got the ESPN blast they signed him.  I hollered so loud my son said mom hush!  🤣💜💛❤️💛⚜️⚜️⚜️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, KillingAdam said:

There was ZERO reason to change them. The ones they had were classics, as much as ANYTHING about the Jets can be called classic or classy.

Eh. The reason I mentioned 1978 was because that was the year the Jets switched to the Kelly Green uni's with new logos. Those were the Jets I grew up with. This new look reminds me of that.  I hated when they switched back to the SB/Namath-style uniforms.

To each their own.

 Regardless, I've been a Panthers fan for the past 25 years, and the Jets are now a distant 2nd in my fandom. So I'm not a typical Jets fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/6/2019 at 4:39 AM, geauxaway said:

Oh like he’s the only douche bag QB to ever exist.  I’d pretty much guess 90% of the starting QB’s in the NFL are total jack holes.   

If that were the case, we would here about it more often.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My impression of the Rodgers/McCarthy kerfuffle is that it's really nice if your QB is a leader of men but that's not necessarily what you're paying him for while you are paying your head coach to be a leader of men.

It might be a part of Rodgers job and being a better one might mean he does a better job but it is McCarthy's job.

Edited by bosawks

Share this post


Link to post

I’m waiting for Jon Gruden to come down w/a hammer on Antonio Brown’s fingers.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Nothing to see here, this isn’t hockey.....

Edited by bosawks
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/9/2019 at 8:49 AM, bosawks said:

My impression of the Rodgers/McCarthy kerfuffle is that it's really nice if your QB is a leader of men but that's not necessarily what you're paying him for while you are paying your head coach to be a leader of men.

It might be a part of Rodgers job and being a better one might mean he does a better job but it is McCarthy's job.

As Rodgers pointed out it is ALWAYS Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley who are interviewed/quoted for this type of article.  Davante Adams said no one asked him, or James Jones, or Randall Cobb, or Jordy Nelson what they thought of Aaron Rodgers.  Greg Jennings thinks that Rodgers is the reason that the Packers didn't sign him and shitting on Rodgers seems to be the only thing that gets Finley attention.  If the Packers let Rodgers decide who his receivers will be, Jordy Nelson never would have played for the Raiders last year and Randall Cobb currently wouldn't be with Dallas.

The one issue brought up in the article which I think a lot of Packers fans agree with is that Mark Murphy was a year or two late in pushing Ted Thompson into retirement.  Ted's refusal to dip a toe into free agency was very frustrating, his last few drafts had been disappointing, and it was clear he was having some health/aging issues.  The jury is still out on Gutekunst, but having someone who is able to stay awake during the day has got to be a plus.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

If the Giants had made the move to sign Russell Wilson I would have been over the moon about it.  I have loved him since he set foot on a NFL field.

But jumped up Christmas why is he so WEIRD?

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well Ciara's set for life if/when they break up.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Well Ciara's set for life if/when they break up.

And she knows it.    Did you see her face in the picture he sent out announcing the new contract?    I know they are married and all, but why does she have to be in every picture of him that is about football?   Can he have the solo attention just once?  Can you tell I am not a fan of either one?

Draft is one week away.   Kyler Murray met with the Cardinals who have the first pick.   Then cancelled his visit to DC.   I THINK we know who the first pick will be.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

And she knows it.    Did you see her face in the picture he sent out announcing the new contract?    I know they are married and all, but why does she have to be in every picture of him that is about football?   Can he have the solo attention just once?  Can you tell I am not a fan of either one?

Draft is one week away.   Kyler Murray met with the Cardinals who have the first pick.   Then cancelled his visit to DC.   I THINK we know who the first pick will be.

Her face said it all.   Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger, but she ain't messin' with no broke broke.

I can't understand why she's always in the pictures either.  I never liked him but I could never explain why, but then when he married her, I liked him even less.   

Regarding Kyler Murray, it's a good thing that he cancelled his visit to DC and I say that as a 'Skins fan.  Dan Snyder and Jay Gruden would only find a way to mess him up like they did with RGIII (even though some of his problems were self-inflicted).

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Dan Snyder should be paying RGIII for life after what that field did to his knees.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

And she knows it.    Did you see her face in the picture he sent out announcing the new contract?    I know they are married and all, but why does she have to be in every picture of him that is about football?   Can he have the solo attention just once?  Can you tell I am not a fan of either one?

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Her face said it all.   Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger, but she ain't messin' with no broke broke.

Congrats on securing that contract, Russell. He's not over the hill, but he's no spring chicken, either. 

I think Ciara gets a bad wrap. Sure, she's had very public breakups and baby daddy drama. But it doesn't seem like she seeks that kind of publicity. She has her own career and her own money, although I'm sure Russell's money doesn't hurt, either. She could be a full-time SAHM if she wanted and doesn't have to worry about working to make ends meet. In the words of Eddie Murphy, "The ends are meeting like a m*** f***."

Similarly, Giselle Bündchen isn't always in photos w/ Tom Brady, but she follows every social media move he makes. She will clap back in a minute in response to trolls. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, topanga said:

I think Ciara gets a bad wrap. Sure, she's had very public breakups and baby daddy drama. But it doesn't seem like she seeks that kind of publicity. She has her own career and her own money, although I'm sure Russell's money doesn't hurt, either. She could be a full-time SAHM if she wanted and doesn't have to worry about working to make ends meet. In the words of Eddie Murphy, "The ends are meeting like a m*** f***."

Similarly, Giselle Bündchen isn't always in photos w/ Tom Brady, but she follows every social media move he makes. She will clap back in a minute in response to trolls. 

I agree Ciara's got her own money, but I'll bet it's nothing compared to Russell's.  It's just that her face in that photo looks sly, like "I got paaaiiiid!"  And she did.   Russell can't seem to take a picture without her, and that's my main beef with him/her.

My original post was about Ciara because it was related to Russell Wilson, but I'd also throw in Giselle as someone I wish would go sit down somewhere.   No need to keep protecting her precious husband because I'm pretty sure he can take care of himself.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yes to Giselle taking a seat.  When the Aaron Rodgers story was published and he hotly denied it, some commentators were criticizing Aaron by saying that Tom Brady wouldn’t speak out like that.  I found myself thinking of course he wouldn’t do it himself because Giselle would do it for him.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×