Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Yeah it was a no call.   But 1) no guarantee the Saints score and 2) if they do that the Rams don't tie it up anyway.    Woulda, coulda, shoulda.    Missed calls are part of the game.    You don't want a bad call screwing you -- score more points so it doesn't matter.   Saints had SIX possessions with no points.   

Now we just need the Chiefs to win today and my midseason prediction comes true.   Go CHIEFS.

The Rams only had one timeout; with a first down, the Saints would have been able to run the clock down and attempt a very short FG.  But I agree - the Saints only managed 6 points on those two early possessions and that came back to bite them.   I thought the Saints' play calling in the OT was bad.   Why all the long passes?  Run the ball, or go for shorter routes which didn't require the line to hold their blocks so long.  

The call was bad; I can't believe this is what the NFL wants everyone to be talking about tomorrow.  

What the hell is going on with Jim Nantz's hair?  

I’m happy the Rams won, but that PI call should have been called. What was the corner thinking not looking back at the ball? Regardless of that, if you’re pissed off then why did you let the Rams march down for a FG and then not score in OT? No one will be talking about that but it was poor management by NO. Maybe it’s karma for Eli Apple talking shit to McVay in the first half (who does that?).

• Love 1

The vitriol I have for the Pats has grown to an alarming level.  If the Chiefs are going to continue to throw up all over themselves I’m going to have to watch something else.  I’m concerned for my health!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

The vitriol I have for the Pats has grown to an alarming level.  If the Chiefs are going to continue to throw up all over themselves I’m going to have to watch something else.  I’m concerned for my health!

My thoughts exactly! If those dadgum Patriots get in, Super Bowl XVII from 1983 (Dolphins/Redskins) will get another spin!

25 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I get that it’s his job and all, but what are the chances that Tony Romo will stop talking?

For me, he’s the equivalent of Brad Gilbert, the tennis commentator who drives me BSC.

• Love 2

I'm a Saints hater and am glad the Rams won but yea that was a BS non call there at the end of the 4th quarter! I am oh so happy though to see that smug ass Sean Payton have to take a seat!

So far KC has not shown up to this game but it's still fairly early. I think regardless of who wins (and god don't let it be the Pats) I might have to root for the Rams. I never knew Todd Gurley is from essentially my home town!

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Yeah it was a no call.   But 1) no guarantee the Saints score and 2) if they do that the Rams don't tie it up anyway.    Woulda, coulda, shoulda.    Missed calls are part of the game.    You don't want a bad call screwing you -- score more points so it doesn't matter.   Saints had SIX possessions with no points.  

Normally, I'd be right there as well: missed field goal, interception, some mistake that blows the end of the game.  Hey, you should have scored more so it didn't get down to that last couple points.  But it's upsetting that the game is blown by something outside of the team's control. That feels like theft.  If I can recognize pass interference even before the commentator says it, IT IS OBVIOUS.  I don't particularly like NO, but wouldn't blame them for being both salty and bitter.

Go Pats.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Also maybe the stadium could have had the planes fly over when Melissa was done singing?

That may have been her fault.  When they practice the flyover, they have an "initial point" where they start their run in to the "target" and they know how long it will take them, to the second.  They know when they need to hit the IP to get to the stadium at the right time based on how long it will take for the Anthem.  Now, the winds may have been significantly different then briefed, or they may have started their run a few seconds early, but I wouldn't be surprised if Melissa spent a little too much time singing the Anthem.

• Love 2

Boo Hoo, "Saitnts" -- I guess  you know now how the Eagles felt last week when a last-ditch play went awry.  I know I am crying in my Eagles Win The Super Bowl mug!  Don't worry, the Rams will probably be slaughtered by Darth Hoodie.

C'mon, Walrus, get your team together and come from behind just like the Rams did!

• Love 1

I get what you are saying, Bart Scott, but all the stuff the Saints did wrong after the non-DPI is irrelevant because the game should have been OVER if the right call was made.

I mean, yes, they still had a chance to win and they should have made better choices but IT SHOULD NOT HAVE EVEN HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

• Love 6
Just now, scriggle said:

Are there any Pats fans here other than me? Anyone?

No, I'm a Pats fan, although I like the Chiefs.  Actually, I really like all four teams playing today, so any Super Bowl matchup would be fun for me.

The blown PI call was obviously horrible, but the Saints should've been called on the obvious face mask on the Rams' prior possession, which would've set them up with four downs at the Saints' 1; one never knows, but that likely results in a touchdown that puts the Rams up 24-20.  I often find these terrible calls usually offset each other, but there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to be corrected in the first place.

• Love 2

I love how we all carry our grudges for years.  As a Packers fan, I have two.  Regular season:  the game against the Seahawks with the replacement officials.  Playoffs:  the Jerry Rice fumble game.  Most casual NFL fans know this as the Catch II game, when Terrell Owens caught a TD with seconds remaining.  Should never have happened.  Rice fumbled at midfield with about 30 or 40 seconds left, and the Packers recovered.  Officials ruled Rice was down and there was no replay then.  The NFL instituted replay in the following regular season.  

• Love 2

I will be pissed at Ben McAdoo from now until the end of time for sitting Eli and ruining his awesome streak for no reason.

Super Bowl XXX.  Giants look like a Pop Warner team against the disgusting Ravens.  But wait!  They ran a kick back for a touchdown!  They have life wheeeee...oh look Baltimore ran the kickoff back for a touchdown and after that I have no idea because I had a rage blackout.

Also Terrell Owens may be funny on Twitter now but I will never forgive him for participating in San Francisco's comeback against the Giants in the playoffs.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Calvada said:

I love how we all carry our grudges for years

There is nothing as life-sustaining as a lifelong sports grudge! 

I hate the Jets and the Mets (don't mention 1969 to me).  And of course, I hate the Colts.  There are others, but those are at the top (or bottom, as the case may be) of my list. 

• Love 3

Now it’s up to a young team flanked by a QB who will definitely be schooled by this defense to prevent the Pats from yet another SB. SIGH. Fucking Pats.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4

The Pats haters sure don’t like to let a game play out.   They could (may well) lose and baring a KC screw up, it’ll at least be going to OT.

... ok going to OT.   Both games, that’s pretty intense.    

Edited by jcin617
18 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Conversation between me and the husband earlier:

Him: 'How was there irrefutable evidence to overturn that call?'

Me: Stares at him

Him: 'Oh yeah I forgot who it benefits. '

You know, sometimes a call can go the Pats'  way without there being a universal conspiracy.  

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Archery said:

You know, sometimes a call can go the Pats'  way without there being a universal conspirac

And a broken clock is right twice a day, but it still is broken.  😉

• Love 8