Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I cannot believe I am going to have to say this AGAIN but fuck. The. Goddamn. Cow. Boys.

Always & forever. 

At least, this game was better than the Colts - Texans suckfest. I knew that game was going to suck & boy did it really sucked. I may find DeShawn Watson likable, but I don't ever want to see the Texans in the playoffs ever again.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 2

Damn Dak for making the Cowboys remotely likable. I’m indifferent to both teams but wasn’t upset with the Cowboys losing until I saw that douchebag corpse celebrating. Why are they so obsessed with him? I don’t see other owners getting nearly the same screen time that he does.

• Love 1

When Jerry Jones revealed one of his early facelifts, the Houston sportscaster Craig Roberts won my heart forever by announcing “amazing news out of Dallas that the football team was recently sold to” and he flashed the new photo of Jerry as he said “Joan Rivers” and then continued with his reports.

• Love 16

I think that the Cowboys might have a better chance against the Rams, than the Saints, (even though they've already beaten the Saints.). They will definitely need the defense to continue to step up and really agitate whichever QB they face. Regardless of who they face, I think they will definitely be the underdog in the matchup. I hope they play well. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I cannot believe I am going to have to say this AGAIN but fuck. The. Goddamn. Cow. Boys.

Because this really can't be said enough!

• Love 11

The killer penalties in the 2nd half just destroyed any game plan Seattle May have had.  I really wanted Russell Wilson to win, despite my love for Zeke (hate Dallas, tho).  He will always be the Buckeye that ran away with the 1st CF National Championship.

Go Chargers & Bears!

• Love 1

The Colts are proof of what a difference a good head coach can make. Of course, Andrew Luck being healthy again has been absolutely huge, but the rest of the team around him is well coached and absolutely committed. With the cap space they have, they could be a very good team, over the next few years.

Sad that the Cowboys won because... well... they're the Cowboys. Not that I like Seattle either, mind you.

• Love 2

Sharice Wright was intefering so hard he was spinning players around.    He was not even pretending to be playing the ball.   Those calls were right on.   The one turn over of the game should have been called too.   

Hubby got home from work right after Tayvon Austin's kick return was called back.   He watched the rest of the game with me.   He was positive the Cowboys would win when there was still 5 minutes left in the game.   I kept telling him "it's the Cowboys, never believe until the final whistle."   It was a 10 point game and he told me they were going to win.   I said "It's the Cowboys against the Seahawks, wait and see."   Sure enough the Seahawks almost pulled it off.  

Thankfully my Boys held on.   I'll take it and be happy for one week.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

The Colts are proof of what a difference a good head coach can make. Of course, Andrew Luck being healthy again has been absolutely huge, but the rest of the team around him is well coached and absolutely committed. With the cap space they have, they could be a very good team, over the next few years.

Sad that the Cowboys won because... well... they're the Cowboys. Not that I like Seattle either, mind you.

Also a good GM. Anyone missing Ryan Grigson in Indy? Luck goes from the most pummeled QB in the league to the best protected.

• Love 1

Meh on Dallas winning.  We'll see how well they can handle New Orleans next week.  Yes, while I wouldn't be surprised at an Eagles victory, I can't see the Bears losing today.  Great defense, great coaching, offense is okay, and it's the 96th birthday weekend of their owner.  Of course, if Philadelphia wins two games, I think the Cowboys can take care of business in LA, which means they're probably Super Bowl-bound.  The world would really love that, especially if New England upholds tradition as it has done so most years since 2014, save for 2015!

If the Cowboys and Patriots end up in the Super Bowl, on that day I will clean my shed, rake my lawn, dust every inch of my house and watch a rerun of something like The Real Housewives rather than watch the worst Super Bowl of ALL TIME.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

If the Cowboys and Patriots end up in the Super Bowl, on that day I will clean my shed, rake my lawn, dust every inch of my house and watch a rerun of something like The Real Housewives rather than watch the worst Super Bowl of ALL TIME.

I'll be so happy that I won't even have access to a tv that day(I'll be meeting princesses and riding mountains that day, also something about a Mouse) so I can't even hate watch it if I wanted to for whatever reason.

• Love 3

When my team is out of the playoffs,  I always root for former Badgers or against teams I can't root for, no matter the circumstances.  That means today I'm rooting for the Chargers with Derek Watt and Melvin Gordon (and as I type this, Melvin gets hurt - damnit!) and for the Eagles.

Sometimes this doesn't work out.  Two years ago I was excited that James White had such a monster Super Bowl, but I had to reconcile that with his performance resulting in a Patriots win.    

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

Five minutes into the Charger/Raven broadcast and all I can say is Murderin' Ray Lewis is an ass. 

That’s true any minute of the day.

I hate rooting for the Ravens but Phillip Rivers is way the fuck high on my hate list so rooting for the Chargers is out of the question.

• Love 3

Well, according to this, the odds of a black hole devouring our planet are estimated at one in a trillion. If the Cowboys/Patriots scenario  plays out, perhaps February 3rd, 2019 will be Earth's lucky day.  (Since my Steelers are out, I'm hoping for a Rams/Somebody Superbowl.  I think Sean MCvay is a fine looking individual)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I hate rooting for the Ravens but Phillip Rivers is way the fuck high on my hate list so rooting for the Chargers is out of the question.

I know nothing about him other than having enough kids to field a baseball team, so what did he do that was bad?  

• Love 1

This Chargers/Ravens has been a rough looking game offensively. Lamar Jackson is really struggling and has barely thrown the ball and Phillip Rivers is making some very wobbly, ugly looking throws. Both defenses OTOH have made nice plays. 

Edited by Jx223

So this game is showing that Lamar Jackson isn't yet an NFL calibre QB. The Ravens did well with their gimmicky offense for the second half of the season, but the Chargers have shown that, when it's figured out, they're rendered toothless.

He needs a full off-season to develop further, and a better O-line.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I know nothing about him other than having enough kids to field a baseball team, so what did he do that was bad?  

To be honest I can’t even really articulate it well.  Part of it is the slobbering he constantly gets (“he’s better than Eli and Ben!  Just doesn’t have the playoff success they have but trust us, he’s better!”).  It’s one of those things where I find him annoying, just cuz.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

To be honest I can’t even really articulate it well.  Part of it is the slobbering he constantly gets (“he’s better than Eli and Ben!  Just doesn’t have the playoff success they have but trust us, he’s better!”).  It’s one of those things where I find him annoying, just cuz.

He also never shuts up.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Oh, ok then thanks!

Romo is slobbering over him right now.  

• Love 1

Joe Flacco wasn’t going to suddenly turn into Johnny Unitas with the amount of time Lamar Jackson was not getting from the Chargers pass rush.  The ending would probably have been the same.

Good god.  There will be no winners between New England and Los Angeles.

I could see the Patriots beating the Chargers next week. I believe the Chiefs will be favored over the Colts, but I could see the Colts beating them. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being New England/Colts in the AFC Championship game. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
Just now, Jx223 said:

I could see the Patriots beating the Chargers next week. I believe the Chiefs will be favored over the Colts, but I could see the Colts beating them. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being New England/Colts in the AFC Championship round. 

I'm pulling for the Chargers on this one, because the city of L.A. has had only one Super Bowl title in all the years that city has had pro football, and the Chargers have not had any in either S.D. or L.A. (despite the Chargers having had one chance when they were in S.D.).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

He also never shuts up.

I dunno. His “dagnabbits” are kind of endearing. 

53 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

I could see the Patriots beating the Chargers next week. I believe the Chiefs will be favored over the Colts, but I could see the Colts beating them. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being New England/Colts in the AFC Championship game. 

Deflategate II!  The sequel!

(Please no.  I’ve lived that nightmare too many times.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1

I’m sure the bad offense (especially throws) had to do with how windy it was. I’m just glad the Chargers finally got a really good kicker. Those FGs in the first half were key, along with their defense. When that ridiculous holding call negated the first down for the Chargers, I thought that they had shot themselves in the foot yet again but their defense stepped up. I hope they cream the Pats next week, but doubt that will happen.

• Love 2

My husband hates him because of the constant whining on the field to his teammates if something goes wrong. It's never his fault.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

My husband hates him because of the constant whining on the field to his teammates if something goes wrong. It's never his fault.

Now that you mention it, I did see him on the sidelines arguing with one of his teammates. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ganesh said:

My PhD dissertation is less complicated than a completed pass. 

How about the rule, ‘If a receiver makes a successful catch then fumbles it, but no one recovers the ball, it can’t be called a catch and instead becomes an incomplete pass.” WTF??

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I dunno. His “dagnabbits” are kind of endearing. 

Deflategate II!  The sequel!

(Please no.  I’ve lived that nightmare too many times.)

Unfortunately, you know the  media would have a field day with this. 

59 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I think the Eagles/ Bears are playing a different sport....Hot Potato.

I don’t think either of them wants to win this game. 

11 minutes ago, topanga said:

I don’t think either of them wants to win this game. 

I swear, if somebody started grilling ribs on the sidelines both teams would just walk off the field and start eating.  

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, topanga said:

How about the rule, ‘If a receiver makes a successful catch then fumbles it, but no one recovers the ball, it can’t be called a catch and instead becomes an incomplete pass.” WTF??

They had their ref dude call New York and confirm that was actually the right interpretation of the rule. 

I was actually rooting for Philly (which, WTF, I don't get it either) but goddamn that poor kid. He shouldn’t have tried the kick when the Eagles called TO.

I have a 3/4 chance of liking the NFC rep and a 1/4 chance of liking the AFC rep.  And all four teams I hope lose are in my top six most hated teams of all time.  Yay me.

• Love 1

While the Bears were favored to win this game, I had thought that the Eagles might win it. And they did get the narrow win. What a tough loss for Chicago, with another missed field goal by Cody Parkey. Overall Chicago played well this year, and Matt Nagy did a really nice job with them, it's unfortunate for them things ended like that.

I think that next week the Saints will beat the Eagles, and I give the Cowboys a chance against the Rams, (Though the Rams will probably be favored).

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1