Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

NOOOOO not Snacks!!

Ugh.  They are tearing this team down now WTF why did they not do it sooner.

The defense was already bad, now they are getting rid of able players for draft picks they’re going to fuck up anyways.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, mojoween said:

I am at the point where it’s just getting tired for the media to nitpick every damn thing Eli Manning does.  

”Matt Ryan threw for 379 yards!  It was a HOF-worthy performance!”

”Eli Manning threw for 399 yards.  What a trash heap.”

Even Giants fans after he has a good game, "but did you see how many of those throws were off target? His receivers bailed him out."

Were Colts fans this bad when Peyton was at his end? Or Packers fans with Favre?

• Love 1

The Athletic is calling the Raiders locker room a mess.  Lots of complaining from anonymous players.

https://theathletic.com/608928/2018/10/23/raiders-players-question-jon-grudens-accountability-in-wake-of-trades-disappointing-start/?redirected=1

If you don't want to pay for the article, you can see Deadspin's comments about the article:

https://deadspin.com/and-now-jon-gruden-is-losing-the-locker-room-1829967182

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The Athletic is calling the Raiders locker room a mess.  Lots of complaining from anonymous players.

Gruden (or Mark Davis) is basically gutting the locker room. Maybe no one bothered to tell the players to Trust the Process. 

I'm watching the Chicago and Patriots game right now. I can see why you call Belichick Darth Hoodie. I'll be in Chicago in November to watch the Vikings play.  I could see where my seats will be while watching this game.

10 hours ago, topanga said:

Gruden (or Mark Davis) is basically gutting the locker room. Maybe no one bothered to tell the players to Trust the Process. 

They have a GM.   Why the GM is deferring to Gruden I have no idea.   McKenzie was doing a good job building a good team.   Now they are just getting rid of anyone who is not a "Gruden guy" right and left.    This is not going to end well.    If Gruden sticks around, McKenzie may be gone at the end of the season.

Good grief, they pulled Amari Cooper off the field to send him to Dallas.   Yet didn't bother to tell the players what was happening.  

• Love 1

Ok so I find this amusing.

Amari Cooper gets two bye weeks because of the timing of the trade and the Raiders and Cowboys schedules.

Snacks Harrison gets NO bye weeks because Detroit already had a bye and the Giants didn’t.

He will be scheduled to play and be paid for 17 weeks and there is nothing in the CBA that references this.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Fukui San said:

So does Harrison get 1/17 more $$$ than his contract says? And does Cooper get 1/17 less?

No, you get paid for the bye week. It's why people speculated that Le'Veon Bell would report during the bye week, to get the extra paycheck without risking injury.

• Love 1

I was glad to see the Texans get another win. They have won 5 games in a row now and are building more of a cushion for themselves to stay at the top of their division  Earlier in the season they were almost dead in the water, but they have come back and are gaining traction. Deshaun Watson did a really good job tonight, and was very efficient in the Texans win over the Dolphins. DeAndre Hopkins also continues to be impressive. That one handed catch he made was awesome, it would have been nice if it would have counted.

Referee Hugo Cruz was fired after a bad call in the Browns game.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/10/25/18023646/nfl-referee-fired-officiating-browns-chargers-missed-false-start

The Referees' Association is going to file a grievance.

In the meantime, some fans think the really bad refereeing in the Miami/Houston game was intentional ref bad behavior in protest.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/10/25/18025762/texans-vs-dolphins-referees-officials-penalties-internet-conspiracy

Miami's defense is not great, but a couple of those TDs include an immediate response from a successful trick play from Danny Amendola, and then one from the Dolphins 49 after Adam Gase tried another trick with an early onside kick.  Both rather quick TD, but I think the Houston Texans are starting to peak after their awful start, and Miami is basically the opposite

6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Referee Hugo Cruz was fired after a bad call in the Browns game.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/10/25/18023646/nfl-referee-fired-officiating-browns-chargers-missed-false-start

The Referees' Association is going to file a grievance.

In the meantime, some fans think the really bad refereeing in the Miami/Houston game was intentional ref bad behavior in protest.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/10/25/18025762/texans-vs-dolphins-referees-officials-penalties-internet-conspiracy

They should fire the refs from the Browns/Raiders game.  To me, that was just as egregious.

• Love 1

It was not just the one game that got the ref fired.   It was a history of bad calls and this was the last straw.   First time a ref fired midseason in the Super Bowl era.

But honestly the refs are getting worse -- even the full time ones.   

On an actual playing note -- Will Fuller tore his ACL last night.   DAMN.   He had an awesome game before the injury.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Love 1

I know Jacksonville has been terrible lately and the Eagles also look bad but who cares?  I am all in for another day of football from 9:30 am to after 11 pm.

However, NFL, please don’t permanently move a team to London.

• Love 3

Four Jaguars arrested over bar bill dispute Saturday morning

LOL.  Someone paid the bill and all four players were released and are back with the team.

The four players detained were safety Barry Church, safety Ronnie Harrison, cornerback D.J. Hayden and safety Jarrod Wilson, Rapoport added.

"We are aware that four of our players were detained over restitution of a bill," the Jaguars said in a statement acquired by NFL.com. "The matter is being resolved and the players are with the team. Any discipline will be handled internally."

Way to go, Giants -- finally find the end zone with :17 left to play in the game.  And it's not like Washington had a great game, so the Giants just truly suck.  Transition years can be painful, but this is ugly.

Go Rams!  They have to lose at some point, but a co-worker (here in Los Angeles) is a Packers fan, so we'll never heard the end of it if it's today.

• Love 2

I am glad that the Panthers got another great win today. Impressive win against the Ravens and their defense. Cam and the Panther offense continues to play very well. I think they can possibly go far this season.

I am also disappointed to see the Browns lose again. They did a nice job of stalling the Steelers in most of the first half but couldn't capitalize and build up a good lead against them. Then things came undone for them in the 2nd half.  Next week they face the Chiefs, which could be a really ugly game for them.

Also, Adrian Peterson has been playing well for the Washington Redskins this year. I think it's a toss up between them, and the Eagles as to who will win that division.

And I wonder how long Jameis Winston will stay benched for. He threw four interceptions today and already has 10 for this season (even though he missed four games). Fitzgerald might start for a bit but I could see Jameis being inserted back as a starter, should Fitz start to really struggle like he usually does. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

Ok I lied there is a baseball game tonight so I will be checking out of the NFL after the late game.

On another note, what is with the terrible coloring in the Rams end zones?  It doesn’t look anything like their logo.

I am furious with Ty Montgomery for depriving me of the chance to watch Aaron Rodgers run the two minute drill.

From the looks of things, Aaron’s pretty pissed too.

39 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Why go for 2 in the 1st quarter? That wasted point is keeping the Packers within a field goal. 

I was laughing with my husband because Troy Aikman said it was a good idea, but if the Rams had kicked the extra point he probably would have said that was the right call too, because you don’t leave points on the field.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I am furious with Ty Montgomery for depriving me of the chance to watch Aaron Rodgers run the two minute drill.

I am loving him for being so stupid, because the Rams were going to lose with Green Bay only needing a FG to win and two minutes on the clock, but even I feel a twinge of sympathy for him - that's going to be a long flight home.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

How does the special teams coach not say - Don't run it out. We need to give Rogers as much time as possible to get the ball down the field. 

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I was laughing with my husband because Troy Aikman said it was a good idea, but if the Rams had kicked the extra point he probably would have said that was the right call too, because you don’t leave points on the field.

And if that idiot didn't run it out an fumble, they probably would have lost, whereas getting that extra point it would have been only for the tie. 

I'm all for being aggressive, but you have to have situational awareness. You know this game is going to have a lot of points, and you need to take as many as you can. 

• Love 1

How does the special teams coach not say - Don't run it out. We need to give Rogers as much time as possible to get the ball down the field.

I think I might want to put the blame on McCarthy for that one.  It was during special teams but the best coaches make sure all of their bases are covered when it comes to a last second win or holding a lead to prevent one.  It's rather ironic that the head coach of their next opponent would not have allowed that

• Love 1

Wait there was controversy at Jason Garrett going to the baseball game?  One day during their bye week?  That’s stupid.

Personally I love Jason Garrett and think Jerry Jones should give him an extension.

• Love 1

I guess the comments on the Steelers being the killers of Cleveland Browns head coaches was a jinx more or less!

To explain, Hue Jackson has finally been fired (per Adam Schefter).  Makes him the 6th coach (consecutively I think) to be fired following a loss to Pittsburgh in their second attempt within a season

On 10/28/2018 at 10:13 PM, Carey said:

I think I might want to put the blame on McCarthy for that one.  It was during special teams but the best coaches make sure all of their bases are covered when it comes to a last second win or holding a lead to prevent one.  It's rather ironic that the head coach of their next opponent would not have allowed that

On 10/28/2018 at 10:25 PM, ganesh said:

Or him too. Tell the special teams coach - make sure we don't run it out. 

It sounds like he was told not to run it out and it might have been an independent decision based on his feelings of being taken out earlier.  It was eerily reminiscent of what Bostick did at the NFC Championship game a few years ago against Seattle.  Green Bay was expecting an onside kick which is why they put Jordy Nelson, one of their best wide receivers, in. Bostick, at best a bubble guy, was assigned to block.  Instead, he decided to disregard his assignment and fucked it up.

Even if Ty thought he could get more than 25 yards, there was no reason he should have taken it out as the 2 minute warning would have offered GB essentially another time out.

• Love 1