Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

He tweeted yesterday that the Giants are making some interesting moves and he can stop that right now.  They just dumped an aged RB.  They don't need another, especially one made of crushed glass and chicken wire.

• Love 2

Saw this posted today:  Zoo Atlanta has named one of their newest baby animals after quarterback Tom Brady, the result of a lost Super Bowl bet with the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence, Rhode Island. The animal that the zoo selected is a Madagascar hissing cockroach.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, King of Birds said:

I wonder if Regal will offer the "Unlimited viewings for $100" pass like they did for Batman v Superman. 

2 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Saw this posted today:  Zoo Atlanta has named one of their newest baby animals after quarterback Tom Brady, the result of a lost Super Bowl bet with the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence, Rhode Island. The animal that the zoo selected is a Madagascar hissing cockroach.

Because cockroaches are unkillable, of course!  They can survive floods, nuclear explosions, 25-point deficits.... :)

On 16/02/2017 at 3:22 AM, mojoween said:

OH MY GOD I CAN'T WAIT TO NOT SEE THAT.

On 16/02/2017 at 3:32 AM, Bastet said:

I would watch Showgirls, Waterworld, Ishtar, Howard the Duck, Glitter, and Gigli back-to-back before I'd see that movie.

Both of these things. I suppose he's now set for deification by the media in the US, but I will always think of him as a cheat who also happens to be a massive dickhead, before I think of him as anything else.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, mojoween said:

It is interesting to me that the Revis narrative has turned to "violence is never ok, buuuuuut, you shouldn't get in someone's personal space at two in the morning."

Maybe things may not end up being as bad as they seem with the Darelle Revis situation. I was watching ESPN this morning and one of their legal analysts was talking about it. He was talking about maybe some of the charges may not end up being as bad as they seem “like the terroristic threats.” And I wonder about severity of the “Robbery” charge as well. I wonder if that could just be referring to him taking the cellphone.

Darelle shouldn’t have knocked them unconscious and he will have to deal with the fall out/whatever consequences come from that. But yes I am also going to say like others that they had not business following him and recording him. Some people are so dumb and invasive. Why would anyone follow anybody they don’t really know at 2:00 in the morning on the streets. That is looking for trouble. But I guess they wanted to get something to put on some place like Twitter.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

Welcome to the offseason.

Those morons shouldn't have followed Revis.   Just because someone is famous does not give the right to stalk them.   He clearly wanted to be left alone.   It should have been respected.

Revis should not have gotten violent.   I can see being pushed over the edge and acting out.   But he should have known that would not be a good reaction.   He had a right to call the cops too.

The DA waaaaaaay over charged though.    That way there is room for a deal.   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The DA waaaaaaay over charged though.    That way there is room for a deal.   

I think the DA's office also remembered how furious the police union was after the dismissal of charges against Joey Porter.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, voiceover said:

I think I just need to be alone for awhile.

*sniff*  Thanks for the memories, JC.

Yeah. Great guy. And he used to rack up crazy fantasy FB points. 

So who do the Chiefs have at RB?

7 hours ago, topanga said:

Yeah. Great guy. And he used to rack up crazy fantasy FB points. 

So who do the Chiefs have at RB?

A committee.  It's like I woke up this morning, and it was ten years ago.

(edited)

Free Agency has begun and here are some moves that teams have made so far:

The Giants have signed Brandon Marshall on a 2 year/12 million dollar deal, and the 49ers are finalizing a deal to get Pierre Garcon. It is also being reported that the Broncos will pursue Tony Romo if he is released. It is reported that he flew to meet with them.  I am interested in seeing what other moves teams will make during free agency.

Edited by Jx223
(edited)

I wish Tony the best and hope he lands in a good spot. I think that Houston would be a good landing spot for him. They really are a QB away from seriously competiting. If he ends up somewhere else besides Houston( like the  Broncos) I hope he has success there as well.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

I wish Tony the best and hope he lands in a good spot. I think that Houston would be a good landing spot for him. They really are a QB away from seriously competiting. If he ends up somewhere else besides Houston( like the  Broncos) I hope he has success there as well.

I don't understand why John Elway wants another veteran quarterback with a history of injuries and multiple surgeries. Denver's cold winter air can't be good for Romo's back. Or collarbone. Or shoulder. Or his fingers. 

• Love 5

I wish Tony Romo would retire.   He's a nice guy.    His body is just not willing anymore.   He needs to stop and think about what he wants to be able to do in the future, like hug his grandkids, before he considers playing anymore.

I can't see any team signing the guy.   He hasn't played in a meaningful game since early 2015.   He played a bit in 2015, broke his collar bone, played ONE game, broke his back.   Came back for the preseason of 2016, broke his back and was done except for a couple of snaps late in the season.   Why would you give up a precious roster spot for someone you can't count on finishing the season.

43 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

'Skins fan here, I'll miss Pierre but understand why he'd want to  to SF.  Football sucks here.

Things that much be in SF?     SF is a clusterfudge.   3 coach in 3 years.   Two one and done coaches.   Hoyer at QB??????     Nope, the team is still the hot mess it has been since the Yorks took over, except for the bright spot of the Harbaugh years.   The grass is not always greener on another field.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

'Skins fan here, I'll miss Pierre but understand why he'd want to  to SF.  Football sucks here.

I really thought Snyder had learned his lesson when he fired Vinnie Cerrato.

But then he hired Bruce Allen.

(edited)

Here's some more free agency news from places like NFL Network and ESPN:

Mike Glennon is going to sign a 3 year/$45 million dollar deal with Chicago (19 million guaranteed)

DeSean Jackson intends to sign with the Bucs, (I think this is a nice pickup for them)

Kenny Britt is going to sign with the Browns.

Torrey Smith and the Eagles have agreed to a deal.

The Patriots have acquired TE Dwayne Allen from the Colts. They are also signing Stephon Gilmore. There are also reports that the Patriots are considering trading Malcolm Butler for Brandin Cooks.

With the Browns signing Kenny Brit, I wonder what will happen now with Terrelle Pryor. He had a nice year last year and I wonder if it wouldn't be better off for him if he actually did stay with the Browns. I had thought they would offer him more money than other teams would. But maybe some other teams (like Philly) might offer him a nice deal. According to Mary Kay Cabot from the Plain Dealer, the Eagles, 49ers, Giants and Titans are all interested in him.

I also wonder when Jay Cutler will be released and where he will end up. I could see him ending up with the Jets.

Edited by Jx223

For their own good the Jets need to do their version of Suck for Luck next year.  "Suck for Sam (Darnold)?"  Signing Jay Cutler is the last thing they should do.  So I hope they do it.

Interesting moves by the Patriots. There were only 7 common starters from offense and defense combined from Super Bowl 49 to 51.  It might be a similar rate of turnover for the next two years.

If Pryor signs with someone other than the Browns, I assume that will factor into the comp formula.  So maybe the Browns don't like Pryor enough to sign him to the contract they would have to give him AND to forego the 3rd or 4th round pick if he signs for big money elsewhere.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Fukui San said:

For their own good the Jets need to do their version of Suck for Luck next year.  "Suck for Sam (Darnold)?"  Signing Jay Cutler is the last thing they should do.  So I hope they do it.

I wonder what decision they will make regarding their QB situation. They have a lot of QB's on their team, including Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty and Christian two young QB's who haven't really gotten much playing time. I am interested in seeing how they try and sort out their QB situation. 

Ian Rapoport from NFL network, just reported that the Bears have decided to release Jay Cutler today, so maybe we will end up seeing him go the Jets or somewhere else. I have also heard speculation that Colin Kaepernick might go to the Jets. 

Also, the Broncos have agreed to a deal with Ronald Leary which I think is a good signing for them. Maybe this will be the start of them fixing their O-line issues. 

Edited by Jx223
1 minute ago, Carey said:

Yeah, if Jay Cutler ends up in New York, the Jets wouldn't have to suck for luck. It would just come naturally. Same if Romo goes there

I think if Romo or Cutler go to NY they go something like 5-11 and don't have a shot at the #1 pick. They should roll with Petty and Hackenberg and earn that 2-14 record and 1st overall pick. Fitz and Geno are already gone.

• Love 1

Terrell Pryor another breakout player for the Browns they are letting walk.   Whoever picks him up will be happy.   Sure the Browns will get a 3rd or a 4th round compensatory for him.   But do you trust the Browns to do any good with that pick?  

(edited)

The Cleveland Browns making the trade with the Texans for Brock Osweiler and a 2018 second round pick is a surprising but good move for Texans, IMO. 

Edited by Jx223
2 hours ago, Jx223 said:

The Cleveland Browns making the trade with the Texans for Brock Osweiler and a 2018 second round pick is a surprising but good move for Texans, IMO. 

"Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a Franchise QB outta my hat!"

"But that trick never works!"
"This time for sure! Nothin' up my sleeve....[Pulls out Osweiler] No doubt about it, I gotta get another hat."

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Guys, I'm trying to follow this on ESPN, but I need a flow chart!

It's hilarious. A pure salary dump. Browns don't even intend to keep Osweiler. He was the price to pay to get a 2nd round pick. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

"Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a Franchise QB outta my hat!"

"But that trick never works!"
"This time for sure! Nothin' up my sleeve....[Pulls out Osweiler] No doubt about it, I gotta get another hat."

There's a Browns fan they show on T.V. every game that holds up a poster with grave markers of all their quarterbacks!

He's gonna need a bigger board.

Logan Ryan has signed with the Titans. The Pats' backfield could look VERY different next year; I'm sad to see Ryan go, but no way were the Pats going to match 3/30. Good on him for cashing in though.

I figure the Browns see Osweiler as canon fodder for a year plus a second round pick. If you're paying him that much, might as well get your money's worth and get the crap kicked out of him!

Trying to explain the hysteria over the Garoppolo Instagram hoopla this morning to my non-sports fan husband was a futile exercise.

He's like "did nuclear launch codes get stolen" and I said no and he said "then what is the big deal?"

I tried to explain that to sports media it WAS like launch codes getting stolen but he wouldn't bite.  I also said it (the Pats trading Jimmy G.) would be like the Yankees trading Jeter in his prime but I may have overdone it with that one.

Regardless, he just couldn't wrap his head around why it was such a big deal. I was listening to First & Last at the time and the entire six o'clock hour was about it.

• Love 2