Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, roamyn said:

The Panthers have benched Bryce Young.  Abt time.

When asked about his confidence, Bryce said his confidence is in the Lord.  Does getting benched for Andy Dalton mean the Lord is giving him the middle finger?

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Commanders fan here.  I hope the brand new kicker Austin Seibert got a bonus for kicking 7 field goals for the win over the Giants.  However, it would be nice if they could, you know, score a touchdown in the next game. 

• Like 2

Panthers are a mess top to bottom

Jerry Richardson set a very low bar for the next owner in terms of likeability. 

David tepper has easily limboed right under that.   Not just a bad team.  Bad trades.  Multiple coaches fired.  No future for the team.  And he's pissed off the local community by pulling out of deals well into them. 

But doesn't stop the city from rubberstamping stadium upgrades worth hundreds of millions. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

But doesn't stop the city from rubberstamping stadium upgrades worth hundreds of millions. 

The only thing scarier than the thought of this team moving, is the thought of them staying. 😐

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
23 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I guess Project 2025 is real even on forums to express our disdain for other TEAMS.  But it's okay to mock & make fun of individual players/coaches.

Did I miss something?

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, Magog said:

Lamar Jackson & the Ravens haven't won a game yet this season. Hopefully, today will be the day that they get their first win. 

Oh they will, they will.   Sadly they will.   I mean I love the Ravens -- except today.

Bryce Young's agent needs to tell the Panthers to trade him.   If Tepper can have a short leash for his coaches, the players can have a short leash with the team.   At least Robinson knew how to win.   Tepper is going to get someone killed or seriously injured.

The Panthers have a 4 o clock game today. I invited my parents over for food and to watch the game. We do this most weekends but not every weekend. I figured since we are sort of starting over with Dalton it’s a reason to watch together. 
I always wear my Panthers shirt on Sunday but today before going to the store opted for a regular T shirt. Too embarrassed to wear a Panthers shirt in public right now. I’ll put it on in a few hours. 

• Hugs 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I nodded off for a sec watching the Yankees replay, turned over to FOX and the game is 15 seconds old and it’s 0-7.  WHAT THE FRAK?!?

Oh, it gets better for your side pretty quick.  And, as a Browns fan, I am so enjoying Michael Strahan's 'unbiased' color commentary.  Such a terrific announcer, as long as you think the Giants are the greatest team ever.

DeShawn is continuing to show us Browns fans just how valuable he is to the team.  Unless there's a massive turnaround in the third quarter, I expect he may be watching the 4th quarter from the bench.  Or he would it the Browns had a decent backup.

5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

If Tepper can have a short leash for his coaches, the players can have a short leash with the team.   At least Robinson knew how to win.   Tepper is going to get someone killed or seriously injured.

Coach Jimmy Johnson (NFL on Fox pregame) had plenty to say about Tepper today:  Johnson blasts Tepper

Okay, some of the guys on the Fox pregame were praising the Bucs & Mayfield.  I looked at Mr. Chat and said, "they've jinxed us," and sure enough, the Bucs laid an egg today.  ☹️

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

As a Vikings fan, I'm not used to this feeling. What is it called again? Optimism?

Don't get used to it. The Vikings will find a way to mess up that 3-0 start like they always do.

So far, its looking good for the Ravens right now. its Ravens 21 - Cowboys 6 at halftime. Also in a surprise to nobody, Tom Brady is bringing as usual amount of suck in his commentary.

Edited by Magog
2 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

As a Vikings fan, I'm not used to this feeling. What is it called again? Optimism?

Happiness, but not too happy because you'll jinx the team.

But it does feel good. Six wins in a row, counting pre-season.

Tom Brady's voice is like the twang of a rubber band.

Earlier today I was listening to the Vikings game. I heard the announcer talk about about a pass, then say "George Jefferson", then say afterwards "Justin Jefferson".

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
25 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Earlier today I was listening to the Vikings game. I heard the announcer talk about about a pass, then say "George Jefferson", then say afterwards "Justin Jefferson".

So you're saying the announcer is an old man, because I'm not sure anyone younger than 40 has ever heard of the Jeffersons.  And yes, I'm an old man because I know who George Jefferson is.

And way to go Dallas, as usual you managed to give your fans some false hope at the end.  The fans of the team that lost this game were guaranteed to go into a tailspin, so let the panic commence.

Edited by baldryanr

I didn't have high (or, really, any) hopes for the Rams today, but, hoo boy, those final minutes were fantastic!

Mark Sanchez drives me crazy with how often he says "baby", but he made me LOL when his response to Purdy running around all that time was "His FitBit just went crazy". 

• LOL 2
11 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I didn't have high (or, really, any) hopes for the Rams today, but, hoo boy, those final minutes were fantastic!

About as exciting as a tooth abscess. I can never ever be happy for those sorry, sucky, scummy Rams. 

As for "Them Boyz", Final Score: Ravens 28 - Cowboys 25

The Ravens tried like hell to throw the game away in the 4th Quarter with the constant annoying penalties & the bad defense. Thankfully, the Ravens got the job done at the end. 

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1

Atlanta’s uniforms are very ugly.  What is with the font on the numbers?

Also ugly are the caps that every team is wearing on the sidelines this season.  Why does every team have to wear the same hideous design?

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I cracked up when the camera showed Jerry in the box slowly shaking his head in disgust. 🤣

Yes!  That's it exactly!

Maybe he should fire the GM if he's unhappy.

Jim Nantz said the Cowboys defense just looked demoralized.  And boy was he RIGHT.  Where have gone Micah Parsons a lonely (Cowboys) nation turns to you.

I used to think Jerry Jones was the most egotistical NFL owner, but even he hasn't resorted to inducting himself in the team's Ring of Honor.  So congratulations, Atlanta Falcons.  Sure, they haven't won a Super Bowl and are mediocre more often than not, but they're number 1 in food and beverage at the stadium. 

• Like 6

I watched the highlights of the Packers, Vikings and Lions games and was wonderfully surprised at how fun they were all to watch. I can never root for the Falcons due to them beating the Vikings in an NFC championship all those years ago.

I must say, I've wonderfully avoided hearing Tom Brady call a game yet. Also, it's been a huge pleasure to NOT hear the hideous noise of Buck/Aikman on any game I have watched.

I also must admit that watching the highlight reels of whatever game I want to watch really works for me now. Investing three hours into a game just seems draining now.

Yeah, the Vikings look hot now but we all know what has a great chance of happening but I'll enjoy the watchable football for now.

Color me surprised that the Panthers managed to pull out a win yesterday! Maybe I can start wearing my shirt out in public again. I had a feeling they would win so I placed some $1.00 bets on my apps and managed to win about $25.00. 

Funny story- I am not a gambler at all but my husband got me on these apps and when you sign up you get “free” bets. So I’ve never actually put any of my own money on these things. Just been playing off the free money they hook you with to get started. Back in April I placed a bet for NC State to win one of their basketball games. My husband placed the same bet on his account and we won a total of $2,000.  My dryer died the next day so free sports betting paid for my new dryer. 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, baldryanr said:

I used to think Jerry Jones was the most egotistical NFL owner, but even he hasn't resorted to inducting himself in the team's Ring of Honor.  So congratulations, Atlanta Falcons.  Sure, they haven't won a Super Bowl and are mediocre more often than not, but they're number 1 in food and beverage at the stadium. 

If this is coming to a vote I'm checking the box next to David Tepper.

• Like 2

Dallas has the lowest yards per game since the 89 and 90 seasons.  I have come to the sad conclusion Dallas needs to really suck this year in order to maybe finally convince Jerry Jones that he is a terrible GM.   That picking coaches who defer to him instead of producing on the field is not the way.  

If you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results ....

20 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Dallas has the lowest yards per game since the 89 and 90 seasons.  I have come to the sad conclusion Dallas needs to really suck this year in order to maybe finally convince Jerry Jones that he is a terrible GM.   That picking coaches who defer to him instead of producing on the field is not the way.  

If you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results ....

I have a coworker who is a Dallas fan and he knows Jerry Jones is the problem.  Everyone knows Jones owns the Cowboys.  How many people know the name of any other owners?  

8 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

It's just that Jones is the ONLY owner who is also the GM. 

He is one who definitely meddles in decisions publicly.  But let's not forget what's his name who owns the Browns.  He thought giving Deshaun Watson so much guaranteed money was a great idea.

• Like 3

No, he literally holds the title of GM.  Its not that he meddles.   It's his job.   He refuses to hire a GM because he says "why hire someone who will just have to convince me to take a player when I can decide myself."   Which, how about the GM not convince the owner of who to take but work a good coach to craft the team they want.   

• Like 1

I know Jones is their actual GM.  It speaks to his massive ego that he thinks he is the best one to make all the decisions.  I swear you don't hear people talk about the Cowboys when they aren't playing well without also hearing "fucking Jerry Jones". 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Bastet said:

Which he's using to try and distract from his involvement in the welfare fraud case.

I haven't kept up with him for years, so I'm ashamed to say that I don't recall that particular issue.  I read some of the comments about it, and that's highly disappointing to learn what he did.  😒