Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: We Mourn, We Weep, We Love Again

My hugely unpopular opinion is that Bay is obsessed with making Regina out to be her mother. She isn't, not really. Kathryn is her mother. I think Bay has latched onto another persona she wants to be - the Latina artist. Frieda Kahlo reborn. She's trying so hard to create a connection with Regina because she's still convinced that she's not a Kennish.

I do agree with this actually. For every teenager who didn't quite fit in with their family or who felt misunderstood by their parents I'm sure this situation would be their fantasy come true. I think what has to be hard from Bay's perspective is that Kathryn has fully embraced Daphne into the Kennish family where she has not been accepted by Regina as equally. Daphne's family has increased by all these folks but Bay's didn't.  

• Love 4

I do agree with this actually. For every teenager who didn't quite fit in with their family or who felt misunderstood by their parents I'm sure this situation would be their fantasy come true. I think what has to be hard from Bay's perspective is that Kathryn has fully embraced Daphne into the Kennish family where she has not been accepted by Regina as equally. Daphne's family has increased by all these folks but Bay's didn't.  

Even Bay's grandmother ignored her in favor of Daphne.  I can't remember whose parent Meredith Baxter was, but Bay didn't get another grandmother in Regina's mom and her own grandmother lost interest in her.

• Love 3

It really is too bad that they have written Regina to be so absorbed in her man-life that she's not really developed in other areas. Even her sobriety sub-plot was dominated by man-drama. The current story continues that pattern, with her getting involved in another high drama situation with a cover up that will no doubt blow up the lives of all the people who the switch cover up blew up already.

• Love 3

If I recall, she went into a partnership with Wes because he gave her the money to keep her business alive but after the Chip Coto deal and Daphne screwing up the construction site - everything tanked and Wes sailed off into the Hawaiian sunset, giving up on the project. I presume Regina had to close down as a result.

Even Bay was thinking of Daphne as a "sister" well before Daphne came around to that way of thinking.

Though, I'd argue that Toby has never fully embraced Daphne, at least not to the extent that he puts his relationship with her on the same level as his relationship with Bay.

Granted, the writers and all the other characters tend to forget that Toby exists when he's not on screen, so it's easy to miss that bit of the family dynamic.

• Love 1

That dorm safety drill was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. That absolutely never would have happened. First of all, UMKC does not have a strong res life presence. There are maybe 2 dorms. Most of the students are commuters. That drill would have been a massive waste of time and money. 

As far as Bay being upset about Regina moving to Platte City, that is totally understandable. Platte City is really not considered the suburbs in Kansas City, though, at least not by me. That is way far north. I actually have a friend who teaches in Platte City and only makes it down to KC on the weekends because it's so much of a drive. 

What happened to Regina's design business?  Did she abandon that for her boyfriend's coffee shop, does she still design, or did her business close and I forgot?

Didn't she meet the current boyfriend because he hired her to decorate his coffee shop? People in her old neighborhood were pissed at her for her partnership with Wes and his screwing them over.  Somehow working for the new boyfriend was supposed to prove she still cared about the neighborhood. Then I think they became partners in the coffee shop.