Type keyword(s) to search

Raquel "Rocky" Dakota: Master of the Ceiling Gaze

BogoGog24
  • Start Topic

The funny thing is that where I work we have a lot of wires around for our equipment so we have a couple of cats to keep the mice away and one of them is named Rocky. So every time I watch Rocky on this show I just think of that crazy cat. It's kind of hilarious that they're both a bit off the wall (though this Rocky way more so).

• Love 1

She's one of the most annoying, out-right and blatant attention-whorey people I've ever seen on tv, which is saying sooo much. She needs to quit already with having her ass hanging out, as enviable as it may be, get some dignity and keep it covered.

• Love 4

She's one of the most annoying, out-right and blatant attention-whorey people I've ever seen on tv, which is saying sooo much. She needs to quit already with having her ass hanging out, as enviable as it may be, get some dignity and keep it covered.

I actually prefer to watch her, ass-up, in the water.  Because then I don't have to look at her face or listen to her laugh. 

Although after watching her dolphin/tiger impression, I'll bet she laughs underwater, too.

Absolutely the most annoying character on any reality show that I've ever seen.  And I watch Vanderpump Rules.

• Love 8

I'm wondering if there's a physiological reason why Rocky's eyes go bug-eyed and straight up and to the ceiling when she's in front of the camera doing her solo dialog?  When she does that, she looking like a mentally deranged escapee from the loony bin.

• Love 3

I blame all of you for commenting on her inability to look at the camera during THs. Because now I can't stop looking at that, and I'm getting dizzy following her constantly moving head

Did anyone else think she should have refused the prize money for the dive competition, or shared it or used it to buy everyone drinks/dinner on a tr off the boat? Because she was a competitive diver, when no one else was. Just seemed unfair to me.

Like everyone else, I find her incredibly annoying. Yet another Sam, who thinks she should be doing only the parts of the job she likes. Her pretty quick to break down and call Daddy crying didn't endear her to me either.

• Love 3

My husband came to bed during one of her talking heads and said, "what the hell is she on?!" I said I didn't know for sure, we were all trying to figure that one out online. "Whatever it is, it's a prescription." Lol

• Love 4

My husband came to bed during one of her talking heads and said, "what the hell is she on?!" I said I didn't know for sure, we were all trying to figure that one out online. "Whatever it is, it's a prescription." Lol

My guess is Adderall or Dexedrine for ADHD. Only she doesn't suffer from ADHD so she's as high as a kite. If she had ADHD, it would mellow her out. But she's misdiagnosed. Just my opinion. The only thing that contradicts this is she's not stick thin from lack of appetite.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 2

My guess is Adderall or Dexedrine for ADHD. Only she doesn't suffer from ADHD so she's as high as a kite. If she had ADHD, it would mellow her out. But she's misdiagnosed. Just my opinion. The only thing that contradicts this is she's not stick thin from lack of appetite.

His next comment was she needs to smoke "a bowl or 3" to even her out some. Lol

• Love 7

I prefer the idea of a tranq dart full of Demerol.

Did anyone else think she should have refused the prize money for the dive competition, or shared it or used it to buy everyone drinks/dinner on a tr off the boat? Because she was a competitive diver, when no one else was. Just seemed unfair to me.

I would bet folding money that the producers engineered that entire diving competition in a desperate attempt to find some activity that would show off Rocky (and her ass) in a good light.

• Love 3

She needs to stop trolling the boat for tail. Quick way to spark Mutiny on the Bounty.... Only one Le she hadn't gone after is Capt. Lee and I think that's only because she knows that would earn her a one way ticket off of reality show heaven within an instant.

She needs to stop trolling the boat for tail. Quickest way to spark Mutiny on the Bounty.... Only male she hadn't gone after is Capt. Lee and I think that's only because she knows that would earn her a one way ticket off of reality show heaven within an instant.

At some point in her life, someone must have told her that she looks good when she rolls her head and eyes. She constantly does it and I think she looks ridiculous. She also seems to think she is constantly auditioning for Broadway.

She has the emotional maturity of a twelve year old, yet she keeps talking about how she wants a man?

• Love 3

I love Rocky's "freshness", but hope she learns one day (sooner rather than before it's too late) that men find women who behave like women much more attractive than women who behave like schoolgirls. She has a very nice "wild and free" personality, and actually reminds me of a friend from decades ago, who is now settled and grounded with a husband and two kids. I like her much better now, even though I loved her back in the day. But, seriously, get that girl some saltpeter. For realz.

She has the emotional maturity of a twelve year old, yet she keeps talking about how she wants a man?

Well, sure. After all, a boy wouldn't be able to support her in the style to which she would like to become accustomed.

It doesn't matter how old she is she is still a tantrum throwing black hole of emotional need who can't take stress, nor criticism, nor responsibility an is a ding a ling with a Beevis and ButtHead laugh.

• Love 11

This girl is a freaking weirdo. I can't take her TH's because she never looks at that camera and she acts like she's on something 24/7. I would never be able to work in such close quarters with someone like that. 

• Love 5

When the Morning Star called Eros and said they had their crew member (Rocky), Capt. Lee should've told them "Nah, you can have her or take her to shore."

WTF was up with putting Oreo crumbles on the salad that was being held up by sticking them in shit?  And oysters and grenadine?  Rocky should be made to walk the plank for that fuckery.

Edited by urusai
  • Love 9

When the Morning Star called Eros and said they had their crew member (Rocky), Capt. Lee should've told them "Nah, you can have her or take her to shore."

YES!! When she went to Capt Lee to apologize and make good. I wanted him to just say "thanks for the help, but we don't want it!" I'm shocked she stayed long enough to meet Chef Ben

• Love 6

I looked Rocky up in LinkedIn. Has she been married? She's there as Raquel Dakota Bartlow.  (Also, she's a brunette in the photo.) You can see her full entry by Googling Raquel Dakota LinkedIn. Here's her summary data.

Raquel Dakota Bartlow

Entertainer

Greater Los Angeles Area
    Entertainment

Current

Bravo TV

Previous

The Little Nell, Happy Bones NYC, Aspen Skiing Company

Education

Institute of Culinary Education

• Love 1

I don't think she's been married. If I remember correctly, Dakota is her middle name that she uses as stage name. She was born Raquel Dakota Bartlow and goes by Raquel/Rocky Dakota.

I'd source but I'm on mobile and have no idea were I read that. I'll search harder when I get home.

• Love 1

I'm assuming that first job, the only one she held more than a few months, was an after school/summer job when she was in high school and they didn't expect much of her.  After that, it looks like she cannot hold a job long.  I wonder if she grows bored or the employer gets tired of her antics.  To be fair to her, some jobs look like seasonal work.

• Love 1

from the looks of her linkedin profile, she only signed up for 'below deck' exposure.  she wants to be in the entertainment business.

it certainly explains a lot.............she's been auditioning the entire season.

• Love 3

It doesn't matter how old she is she is still a tantrum throwing black hole of emotional need who can't take stress, nor criticism, nor responsibility an is a ding a ling with a Beevis and ButtHead laugh.

I always thought the sound of her laugh was more like a porpoise not a mermaid.

• Love 1

YES!! When she went to Capt Lee to apologize and make good. I wanted him to just say "thanks for the help, but we don't want it!" I'm shocked she stayed long enough to meet Chef Ben

I haven't had a chance to sit down with my DVR yet. Did she greet Ben hoo-hah first like every other man she's happened across on the yacht?

• Love 2

It's interesting that according to her LinkedIn, she has NO past experience on a yacht, but yet, I think she has mentioned several times on the show that she has worked on yachts before.

Didn't she just say to Kate, while cleaning after the dinner last night, that cooking or "being a chef" is what she "usually does on a yacht - NOT being a stew"??  (Or was I dreaming....)  

It's interesting that according to her LinkedIn, she has NO past experience on a yacht, but yet, I think she has mentioned several times on the show that she has worked on yachts before.

Didn't she just say to Kate, while cleaning after the dinner last night, that cooking or "being a chef" is what she "usually does on a yacht - NOT being a stew"??  (Or was I dreaming....)  

I'm not sure if she said that, but even saying, "I am a chef," is a fat lie. She went to culinary school for a short period of time but never graduated. Her entire cooking career consists of two months as a line cook at a fancy restaurant in Aspen and six months as a barista at a New York coffee shop. That does not a chef make.  

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 4

I wonder if Rocky will be the first crossover Bravo employee...if that new show about the ski concierges (Apres Ski - Is that what it's called?) gets renewed for a second season - she could possibly go to work there.  I somehow can't see her returning to the "yachtie" life - at least not on the same boat as Kate! 

I would have bet she was the youngest in her family or only child.  I've never seen such a childish, whiny, delusional person on tv (and that's saying a lot).  I thought she said she had 2 older brothers, then 3 younger sisters - so middle child issues?  She certainly has to be the center of attention at all times.  I cannot imagine her being on any sort of team, but yeah she was on the diving team at University of Hawaii and was a WAC titleholder or won some WAC awards.  Wouldn't you love to hear from her old teammates?

I also looked at her Linkedin profile.  You would think coaching would be a natural progression since she loves the water so much, but you'd have to have patience in being a coach.  The culinary school she attended, assuming she did not graduate as you'd list a certificate or something (do they issue diplomas?).  In any event being a line cook and a barista does not make you a sous chef.  How in the hell did she manage to graduate with a degree in history?  I had roommates in college who took one or two history courses and it was a LOT of work (a cakewalk it was not).

My one History course wasn't difficult (despite being an honors class), and involved next to no work outside of the classroom. But I can't imagine how you'd get a degree in the subject without junior and senior-level classes that require a buttload of study and hard work. Can you just picture term papers written in that inch high kindergarten scrawl?

After her showing on this series I can't imagine Rocky ever being hired by someone who's aware of who she is who doesn't also expect to screw her. Which does not rule out a successful career in Hollywood, I might add.

• Love 4

... How in the hell did she manage to graduate with a degree in history?  I had roommates in college who took one or two history courses and it was a LOT of work (a cakewalk it was not).

The University of Hawaii at Manoa must have different standards than what you are familiar with, or her resume is "enhanced".

She probably called her parents to complain that the professors were mean and unfair and they hired someone to write her papers.  Either that, or she was on the athlete track, taking advantage of all the tutoring and study table offered at most schools to scholarship athletes.

Or, to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she liked history and the opportunity to spend time reading and writing papers kept her focused and away from all the unfair people.

• Love 1

Raquel is the epitome of the cliché of the Millennial Employee.  Which is sad, because I believe that each person should not be judged against the clichés of their particular generation.  But she is spoiled, unable to work without constant praise, believes the world owes her respect...HER!  I understand hating your boss, I get it, but please be discreet about it.  Wait...it's Bravo; there's no payoff in being discreet about anything.  She should hie herself over to that RHOBH spin-off, VanderPump Rules.  She'd be a shoo-in (full disclosure: I've only ever seen commercials for it, never watched an episode) for the workplace DRAHma.

• Love 5