Type keyword(s) to search

Captain Lee: Oh Captain, My Captain!

BogoGog24
  • Start Topic

I'll be the first to say it.  I love Captain Lee!  The little song they had about him just before the season began was great. 

I liked the song, too. In past seasons, Captain Lee seemed so over the show. But it seems he's gotten better this time around. I like him a lot too. He might be a stickler but someone needs to keep the kiddos in line.

• Love 2

I think he might have been a little nervous knowing his wife would be seeing, first hand on TV, how some drunken nights get and how he reacts. He kinda has to play along but not in a compromising way. She apparently laughs it off so he seems to have loosened up and embraced it.

It really is part of the customer service job.

I think the only real criticism anyone could make of him is that he's a bit gruff at times, but then again he's responsible for a boat worth the GDP of a Third World country while saddled with a crew that has hard-partying famewhores substituted for some of the usual competent yachties. (And of his senior competent yachties, one is melting down over relationship drama while the other two are embroiled in a cold war in the galley!) In his shoes I'd be having a plank installed on deck.

• Love 2

Captain Lee is Tops. I hope he gets rid of that talentless lout of a chef he's got on board. Leon? Leon needs to go back to charm school on his way back to Carnival Cruise Lines. Just sayin'. He has now twice threatened the female head stew.... Once while sharpening knives and then on this episode he said to her in a very ominous way "be careful". Bye bye, assh**e. If I never see beef cheeks again my life will be compete.

• Love 2

You all NEED to get his book ASAP!   

I had purchased it and saved it for my flight yesterday.   Phenomenal book, just love his storytelling.   I enjoyed Kate’s book as well, but there is just something about his writing that had me unable to put it down.  

Highly recommend. 

BBFF5A03-637B-4F2C-8C5E-ADF6A8FB894D.jpeg

• Love 3
On 12/22/2018 at 9:50 AM, tabloidlover said:

You all NEED to get his book ASAP!   

I had purchased it and saved it for my flight yesterday.   Phenomenal book, just love his storytelling.   I enjoyed Kate’s book as well, but there is just something about his writing that had me unable to put it down.  

Highly recommend. 

BBFF5A03-637B-4F2C-8C5E-ADF6A8FB894D.jpeg

You really think he wrote this himself?  Most likely he gave the stories to a writer, and they did the job of actually writing it.  Like most "celebrities" that "write" books.  Ghostwriter.

Also, "Stud of the sea"?  Really?  He has a rather high opinion of himself, or the D-List fame has gone to his head.  Not a fan anymore.   I kind of liked him 1st season when he was helping out the crew cleaning and such.  Now he does nothing but suntan, while they do all the work.  Then he takes a full share of the tips.

And...Why does he go by Lee when Harold is his first name?  Is Lee his middle name?

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Honey said:

You really think he wrote this himself?  Most likely he gave the stories to a writer, and they did the job of actually writing it.  Like most "celebrities" that "write" books.  Ghostwriter.

The fact that he had a ghostwriter/coauthor doesn't seem to be much of a secret.  The name of the guy who wrote the book with him is right on the cover, under Lee's name:  Michael Shohl.  Much more up-front than lots of celebs who publish their autobiographies.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

The fact that he had a ghostwriter/coauthor doesn't seem to be much of a secret.  The name of the guy who wrote the book with him is right on the cover, under Lee's name:  Michael Shohl.  Much more up-front than lots of celebs who publish their autobiographies.

Do you happen to know what his full name is?  I guess it must be Harold Lee Rosbach.  He mentioned on a "crew tells all" episode that he got teased for his name in school.

Yeah, I noticed the real writer's name after I posted.  I didn't feel like editing my post.  Thank you though.

Edited by Honey
Added thought
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Honey said:

Do you happen to know what his full name is?  I guess it must be Harold Lee Rosbach.  He mentioned on a "crew tells all" episode that he got teased for his name in school.

Yeah, I noticed the real writer's name after I posted.  I didn't feel like editing my post.  Thank you though.

It wasn't that hard to find, google is your friend or really Captain Lee's website to be exact. It is on the about Captain Lee page, so it is not like it is a secret. His real first name is Harold (not a horrible first name to begin with) and there are a lot of people that go by their middle name for many reasons (Ashton Kutcher, Bruce Willis, Jude Law) it is not that uncommon.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Honey said:

Also, "Stud of the sea"?  Really?  He has a rather high opinion of himself, or the D-List fame has gone to his head.  Not a fan anymore.   I kind of liked him 1st season when he was helping out the crew cleaning and such.  Now he does nothing but suntan, while they do all the work.  Then he takes a full share of the tips.

And...Why does he go by Lee when Harold is his first name?  Is Lee his middle name?

The “stud of the sea” moniker came from Bravo for a Below Deck ad campaign, not from Captain Lee himself.  I doubt he would have called himself a stud because he’s been happily married for a few decades. Likely he thinks it’s hilarious and is just going with the flow. 

• Love 12
On 10/15/2019 at 8:58 AM, RoxiP said:

Did that title make anyone else think of the Grand Funk Railroad song "I'm Your Captain?"  Should be the new BD theme song!

It’s a line from a famous Walt Whitman poem about Abraham Lincoln made even more famous in an iconic scene In Dead Poets Society.

On 10/14/2019 at 11:12 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I recently had an intense sex dream about Captain Lee! So bizarre!  Noticed he's on WWHL tonight.

Gotta tell you, that just cracked me up. Good for you for admitting it. Captain Lee...LOL

• Love 2
On 10/14/2019 at 10:12 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I recently had an intense sex dream about Captain Lee! So bizarre!  Noticed he's on WWHL tonight.

You can't say something like this and not share the details.....right?!

I can only imagine!

• LOL 5
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:21 AM, biakbiak said:

It’s a line from a famous Walt Whitman poem about Abraham Lincoln made even more famous in an iconic scene In Dead Poets Society.

It'll always be a Grand Funk Railroad song for me...LOL!

• Love 2

You know, he doesn't look half bad in that car upthread!   Unless, there is another side to him, he seems pretty tame with his wife.(He said on WWHL, that he met his wife on a ship. She was working on the crew! They hit it off and married!)    I've seen them as a couple and he seems very domesticated. Plus, married men don't appeal to me. lol  In my dream, it was very nice though.  He was very intense and down to business.  Much like he is on the show! lol I was impressed.  Okay, that's way TMI! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Pretty disappointed in Lee's twitter attack on on Abbi this week. I know he is as much of a reality tv star now as he is a professional captain. But even so, I find it very unprofessional to publicly comment on an employees performance. I thought she responded in a much more mature and professional manner stating that though she did not enjoy working on a motor yacht she also was second guessing her decision to appear on a reality tv show and realized it was most likely a mistake in her life. I respect people who are willing to give up the notoriety a return to a private life. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Captain Lee has always been a bit of a crusty crumadgeon, but he's been riding that Chef and Abbi relentlessly (and needlessly) on twitter. I gave him a wide berth because of the death of his son, but he needs to  knock it off - with Abbi especially. She didn't sign up for the Peace Corps, there's no moral issue here. Particularly from a captain who regularly talks about how he'll send your ass packing - you can't expect what you won't give.

• Love 4