Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: The Dog

• Start Topic

I just want Nick to take a shower and put on some decent clothes.   The water is still running, right?    

And, Nick, if you can't / won't find an old outfit at your mom's house or borrow Travis' clothes -- just borrow something of your sister's.   You really rocked that tiny girl's cardigan in episode 1.    Just please put on something clean.   And wash your hair.   Please?

• Love 9

So  far Nick's got better instincts than his parents but until he gets his drug habit under control - which he will brutally and involuntarily have to do as soon as those magic little pills run out - he is a liability to everyone around him.

When Madison told Eliza that it would break Travis to kill her I was waiting for Eliza to say, don't flatter yourself bitch.

So some crazy shit is going down and you're planning on going to the desert but instead of gathering supplies for your trip and securing the house you're currently in, you play Monopoly?

These people are so damn stupid that I'm losing patience with this show quickly.

• Love 8

So  far Nick's got better instincts than his parents but until he gets his drug habit under control - which he will brutally and involuntarily have to do as soon as those magic little pills run out - he is a liability to everyone around him.

We knew that would be coming once they revealed the monkey on his back. You know somebody is going to die or come very close to it because of his little itch.

I hate when I can guess a series. It's happened several times already and it's just the  third episode.

• Love 3

We left pretty late in the game for Katrina, which actually did work out for us trafficwise, and returned while National Guardsmen were still enforcing curfews and martial law in the unflooded parts of New Orleans.  I'm not going to lie and say that that experience doesn't heavily color how I'm watching this.

A lot of people did stay and try to wait it out because surely help would come if it was truly needed.  We know how that turned out for a lot of them.

A lot of people stayed on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, because if they lived higher than the Camille line, they thought they were safe.  But they weren't.  :-(

• Love 1

This is a cut & paste from the PTV recap:

Which relatives have a problem with it? Daughter Ofelia, who in not-great English is imploring her parents to reconsider.

Her English is just fine; I suspect the recapper was referring to her Spanish.

• Love 1

So some crazy shit is going down and you're planning on going to the desert but instead of gathering supplies for your trip and securing the house you're currently in, you play Monopoly?

Sadly, I have to give her a pass on this one. It went from Monopoly to crazy-maze adventure to Travis getting home. Once he was there, Madison said they were all packed and ready to go-she didn't want to stay the night. So I assume they packed pre-game night.

One thing I did enjoy was Nick's reaction when he saw the Monopoly board. It was kind of sweet.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 6

I just want Nick to take a shower and put on some decent clothes.   The water is still running, right?    

And, Nick, if you can't / won't find an old outfit at your mom's house or borrow Travis' clothes -- just borrow something of your sister's.   You really rocked that tiny girl's cardigan in episode 1.    Just please put on something clean.   And wash your hair.   Please?

Is he going to wear the Bad Grampa outfit the entire season?

And WTH was that stick maze in the back yard?

Edited by xls
  • Love 3

I agree with those that think there will probably be something between Alicia & Chris - and even some Travis/Liza - because you know, a show can't exist without the 'UST = drama!' hoopla.  However, for Alicia/Chris to work, Chris needs to come between all the incestual vibes that Alicia & Nick have got going on. 

Its not quite as pronounced lately as that hospital scene near the beginning, but the overall (weird & awkward, to the viewers) situation still seems to be lingering.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

I said before I thought the monopoly game was actually kind of sweet. It's exactly what my mom would have done. They were already packed, and I'm sure if the tv was working (the power was on and off, so who knows about cable/satellite) it would only be on horrific emergency news anyway. I think Madison wanted to distract the kids from worrying, and have some nice nostalgic moments. My mom would have forced us all to sit down and play apples to apples.

Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 6

I said before I thought the monopoly game was actually kind of sweet. It's exactly what my mom would have done. They were already packed, and I'm sure if the tv was working (the power was on and off, so who knows about cable/satellite) it would only be on horrific emergency news anyway. I think Madison wanted to distract the kids from worrying, and have some nice nostalgic moments. My mom would have forced us all to sit down and play apples to apples.

I liked the concept of it too, I just didn't think it was executed very well.  I wasn't sure whether they were aiming for something to show us the closeness of the family (I think they were) or layer on some awkwardness because of the situation or just create contrast with the zombie maze running to come, and I don't feel like I should be having those internal conversations as a scene unfolds.

• Love 2

I liked the concept of it too, I just didn't think it was executed very well.  I wasn't sure whether they were aiming for something to show us the closeness of the family (I think they were) or layer on some awkwardness because of the situation or just create contrast with the zombie maze running to come, and I don't feel like I should be having those internal conversations as a scene unfolds.

my guess is, the purpose is to see the sweet little boy that still lurks inside of Nick come to the forefront.  Maybe the secondary purpose, I wouldn't be surprised, but that's most of what I got out of it. 

• Love 5

The rioters didn’t touch Travis’ truck because they thought other rioters trashed it already (I mean… look at it). Also, trucks are heavy. Much easier to overturn one of those little cars.

The show really didn’t need to turn this into a world that never heard of zombies to make it believable that people would be confused by what’s happening. I watch this show and its mothership, so I should be totally prepared if the zombie apocalypse comes right? I should be ready to bash zombie brains in?

Except I don’t think so - if I see someone biting someone else on the street, my first reaction is not going to be to go bash the biter’s brains in (I’m not gonna get closer to ask if they’re okay, though, zombie or no zombie). If I see videos going around of people getting back up after they should be dead, I would assume it’s some promotion for some zombie movie or TV show.

Hell, even if I survive long enough to accept that the zombie apocalypse is actually happening, I wouldn’t assume the rules are exactly the same as in the movies / TV shows. If, say, one of my family members or friends turns into a zombie, I might hold out hope for a cure like Travis does.

This is despite all my years of absorbing all this zombie fiction.

So I’m enjoying the progression of how everything goes to hell. People have always wondered just how these slow, stupid zombies managed to take over. I always thought the zombies didn’t do it by themselves. People helped them along inadvertently by doing things like hugging their undead loved ones and rioting and generally freaking out at the military and the police. Though the freak-out is entirely the fault of whoever high-up decided to keep this zombie thing secret. If only people knew why seemingly innocent unarmed people are being shot. Sure, people would panic, but people panic nonetheless when they’ve been kept in the dark, so it would be better if they are at least panicking in an informed fashion.

• Love 13

Things I noticed on second viewing:

For a man who told Travis that once they were out of the barber shop they would "run in different directions", Daniel was sure doing an excellent job in doing the exact opposite of that once they were out on the street.

This time I noticed Daniel got a good look at how the cops took down the walker in the hospital parking lot. So it makes sense that he knew to shoot Peter in the head. Also noticed that Chris ran to the backyard to throw up when he saw the top half of Peter's head blown off. At least someone in that room had a realistic reaction.

Nick said he knew the Trans had a shotgun because he tried to steal it before. WTH, man? And his mother didn't even bat an eyelash at that confession?

Sweet old Patrick is so dead. :-(

• Love 6

For a man who told Travis that once they were out of the barber shop they would "run in different directions", Daniel was sure doing an excellent job in doing the exact opposite of that once they were out on the street.

This time I noticed Daniel got a good look at how the cops took down the walker in the hospital parking lot. So it makes sense that he knew to shoot Peter in the head. Also noticed that Chris ran to the backyard to throw up when he saw the top half of Peter's head blown off. At least someone in that room had a realistic reaction.

Nick said he knew the Trans had a shotgun because he tried to steal it before. WTH, man? And his mother didn't even bat an eyelash at that confession?

Heh, weird.  On my first, and only (so far) watch, I somehow missed that and imagined/assumed it was Madison who knew the Tran's had the gun. 

And when has Madison ever batted an eyelash about anything, so far?  Blank-neutral is her default facial expression - no, make that its her only facial expression.

• Love 2
And when has Madison ever batted an eyelash about anything, so far?  Blank-neutral is her default facial expression - no, make that its her only facial expression.

I feel like she's in some kind of functional shock given everything that has happened over the past day.  After all, within the context of the show, she was nearly killed by her friend the Zombie Principal, then had to bash his head in.  Now she's watched a neighbor kill their dog, try to kill her boyfriend and get his head blown off in her living room.  Finally, she's had her neighbor, whom she appeared to be close with, try to eat her daughter.  Even for an incredibly strong person, that's going to be a lot to take in. 

In fairness to Madison, from the way Nick acts, she's probably heard much worse, and they have bigger issues to deal with. 

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 4

In fairness to Madison, from the way Nick acts, she's probably heard much worse, and they have bigger issues to deal with. 

In a way, it's similar to the way Daryl was accepted by the TWD group. (He (and his brother) were badasses. And what do you need when the civilized world ends: Badasses.So, with Nick, yeah he's her son, but man if he suddenly tells me he knows where a parked tank is (shout out), then I don't really care how he knows it. All I'd want is for him to go get it.

• Love 6

I thought I heard her say "WTH, Nick!" after he said that.  And yes, sweet old Patrick is definitely dead.

• Love 2

It really displays just how shit the world is nowadays (in the WD universe), when instead of berating and going nuts because your drug addict son admitted to knowing about a neighbor's shotgun because he once tried to steal said neighbor's shotgun, you instead think its about the best thing you've heard in the last 18 to 24 hours.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 6

In a way, it's similar to the way Daryl was accepted by the TWD group. (He (and his brother) were badasses. And what do you need when the civilized world ends: Badasses.So, with Nick, yeah he's her son, but man if he suddenly tells me he knows where a parked tank is (shout out), then I don't really care how he knows it. All I'd want is for him to go get it.

LOL - That reminded me of that scene in Jericho where the neighboring town is about to attack and Mr. Hawkins (Morgan on TWD!) tells Stanley he needs to borrow his tank.  Good post apocalyptic times.

• Love 5

It's clear older people dress for comfort, as Nick has discovered. Those khakis are 100% cotton and provide more room to maneuver than his usual skinny jeans. That coat is warm in the mornings and evenings but not too hot. Look, none of us want to admit it but sometimes it's better to be comfortable than fashionable. I think Nick has looked around and figured out he's at the end of the world and has no one left to impress. I'm afraid we'll just have to look at him in those clothes forever.

Edited by RustbeltWriter
  • Love 5
I think Nick has looked around and figured out he's at the end of the world and has no one left to impress. I'm afraid we'll just have to look at him in those clothes forever.

I don't mind the outfit itself, I mind that given Nick stole them from the dying old man, they were already dirty when he got them, and he's been wearing them for two or three days at this point.  Actually, thinking about it more, I think Nick started off the show looking greasy and and unwashed, and he's just gotten dirtier looking as the show goes on.  I mean, these people still have luxuries like showers and electricity (intermittently), so it's not like he has an excuse.    

• Love 4

Okay, now it's my turn to rewatch the episode and you definitely got it right.  She never said a word when he told them he had once tried to steal the gun before.  Nick is an asshole and she's his enabler.  I guess she's used to him stealing anything that's not nailed down so he can buy drugs.

I hope Alicia is really pissed when Mom finally sees fit to explain things to her. Good for her that she seems to share her brother's instincts and peeled out of there when she saw Susan's feet under the door, Too bad they had to make the dumb plot-point move of having her fail to shut the exterior door as she fled. Of course, we all have to wonder just where Susan was when all three Clarks were in her house making noise.

Maybe. I thought the idea behind the pills was it showed someone was likely home, perhaps unwell and they weren't responding to normal cues. Alicia wouldn't know that unwell meant danger (Thanks, Mom!) but she did know that something was badly off and acted on instinct, unlike her Mom and Travis who seem to want to chat with approaching walkers, like they are misunderstood or something. " Are you alright? are you alright? Can I help you with anything? You don't look Ok. ........ Hey dude, not cool!!!"

I took it that Susan had a heart condition and was trying to take her heart meds but didnt do it in time, she was in some random, unexplored room dying when Madison, Nick and Alicia were plundering her house for the shotgun, by the time Alicia went back, Susan had died and turned.

• Love 3

I honestly don't think the writers care what anybody dies of.

Boy, that'll be exciting when they start kiling major characters, won't it? 

"Oh, by the way, Daniel is a zombie now. We should shoot him."

"Oh, by the way, Chris is a zombie now. We should shoot him."

"Oh, by the way, Madison is a zombie now-"

"No I'm not."

"Well how the hell are we supposed to know that?"

• Love 10

I honestly don't think the writers care what anybody dies of.

Boy, that'll be exciting when they start kiling major characters, won't it? 

"Oh, by the way, Daniel is a zombie now. We should shoot him."

"Oh, by the way, Chris is a zombie now. We should shoot him."

"Oh, by the way, Madison is a zombie now-"

"No I'm not."

"Well how the hell are we supposed to know that?"

Add Nick with the old, probably filthy clothes, the shamble, and the stink to that list.

As someone who grew up with GSD and currently owns a half GSD half BMD I can tell you there is no way in hell the shambling neighbor would have got near that house without their being a serious altercation with the dog.  That dog probably would have been on it when the neighbor was attacking the people at the party.  Hell I had this one neighbor that just was a dick when he drank, and every time that man drank my dog patrolled the damn fence until the man went inside.  These dogs are incredibly loyal and incredibly protective.

Do dogs sense the walking dead? They would clearly find it odd, but would they react?

Also, I thought it was telling when Madison asked the ex-wife to put her (Madison) down because it would destroy Travis to have to do it.

Madison is clearly way too trusting of Eliza, who is most likely running a "she turned; I had to" scenario in her head that is only staved off by the fact that she'd be stuck with Nick and Alicia afterward.

• Love 1
Do dogs sense the walking dead? They would clearly find it odd, but would they react?

Well, most dogs like stinky rotting disgusting things. Maybe that's how the GSD got caught/eaten? "Hey, look, something disgusting I can roll in. Yeah!!!'

Still haven't watched this episode yet.

• Love 4

my guess is, the purpose is to see the sweet little boy that still lurks inside of Nick come to the forefront.  Maybe the secondary purpose, I wouldn't be surprised, but that's most of what I got out of it. 

I agree.  And also, I believe it's meant to be a poignant moment in that this type of normal, typical, American thing, a family enjoying a board game, is about to disappear into the coming madness.  When was the last time Rick and Carl played Monopoly? 

• Love 1
Madison is clearly way too trusting of Eliza, who is most likely running a "she turned; I had to" scenario in her head that is only staved off by the fact that she'd be stuck with Nick and Alicia afterward.

I'm thinking the idea of offing Madison to get Travis is one of those things that seems appealing for about a second, but then you immediately realize you are stuck with Travis. 

I'm half surprised no one has mistaken Nick for the Walking Dead, given how he walks, and the fact he probably can't be smelling all that great at this point.

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 6

I am at the shooting range once a week target shooting. I shoot normally at nine yards. I can tell you that unless you are an expert marksperson, hitting the head is not that easy especially if you are in a stressful situation. TV shows do an injustice to how hard it is for an untrained person to hit something unless it is directly in front of them.

I can hit the body with ease at distances up to 20 yards, The head, not that good unless the distance is nine or under yards. I seriously doubt that any member of the Clark family has a clue on how to use a gun/rifle. Travis would probably shoot himself in the foot instead of the zombie in front of him.

The writers will use the typical stereotype for the women. The one where they all run around screaming and covering their mouth with their hands, waiting for the big strong man to save them. Sad thing is there aren't any strong men in this show except the barber. All of the others are weak weak weak.

I assume you are shooting handguns. A headshot with a rifle at 20 yards is rather easy.

It is easy with a shotgun with buckshot or birdshot as well, though the birdshot might not have much stopping power at that range, unless the zombie is a bird.

Most indoor shots will be from under 10 yards.

But, you are correct that due to his unfamiliarity with, and irrational fear of guns, Travis would probably be useless at best and dangerous at worst with a gun, until he gets at least some basic instruction.

• Love 2

I assume you are shooting handguns. A headshot with a rifle at 20 yards is rather easy.

It is easy with a shotgun with buckshot or birdshot as well, though the birdshot might not have much stopping power at that range, unless the zombie is a bird.

But, you are correct that due to his unfamiliarity with, and irrational fear of guns, Travis would probably be useless at best and dangerous at worst with a gun, until he gets at least some basic instruction.

That is why I moaned at TWD escape from the farm.  Lori was nailing zombie heads at 20 mph with a revolver with a 2" barrell.  I think she was like 90%...  I'm with you, about ten to fifteen yards as long as I have lots in the clip...  

I think they missed the boat on by leaving the truck fully ready and the LA streets clear and open.  I think there could have been an entire season in their walk to find their loved ones...  Riot ridden Los Angles WITH the addition of zombies could have been interesting.  Now...  Well they're home.  Probably quicker than a normal rush hour day...

Ratings are in for "The Dog":

Fear The Walking Dead was Sunday's top original, with a 3.6 adults 18-49 rating.  [Total viewers: 7.185 million]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/09/15/sunday-cable-ratings-fear-the-walking-dead-tops-night-rick-morty-the-strain-nfl-countdown-more/466414/

This is what the Live + SD ratings look like, in terms of total viewers, for the series to date:

08-23-15 “Pilot” 10.130 million
08-30-15 “So Close, Yet So Far” 8.184 million
09-13-15 “The Dog” 7.185 million

And this is what the Live + 7 ratings look like, in terms of total viewers, for the first two episodes:

08-23-15 “Pilot” 13.956 million
08-30-15 “So Close, Yet So Far” 12.248 million

Edited by Raven1707
  • Love 1

You are correct. I shoot a 9mm, 38sp, 22LR semi-automatic, 22LR revolver (6 shot), and a 22mag. My husband shoots a black powder muzzle loader plus other rifles. We have a nice collection of hand guns and rifles. I prefer the 22LR revolver. You don't go through ammo with a revolver like a semi-automatic. I shot today and put ten straight rounds right in the face at ten yards.

I am interested in seeing how long Travis's dislike for guns last. When will he discover how to dispatch the undead before they make dinner out of him and his family? Will he use the hammer or a baseball bat? The girl in Z-Nation has a neat baseball bat with spikes attached to the end. She does some serious damage. Right now I watch the show because it is becoming more of a comedy than anything else. Stupidity reigns supreme in the world of the Clarks.

• Love 3

I just can't with this show.  Look, I understand how the Horror genre works - you have to have people making illogical and/or stupid decisions to: give the walkers something to eat, cause drama by separating the family members, go on mini-quests to increase tension, etc.  But I was hoping that with TWD under their belts, the powers that be would fix some of those tired tropes and introduce something... I dunno, different?

I don't think I can continue with a family that includes Madison who seems to have Asperger's and doesn't react to anything, or smelly, grease stained Nick who chews scenery like he chews Oxy, and clueless/checked-out/angsy Alicia...I'd be walking to the desert myself in the dead of night.

As has been said, why are they not glued to the TV or the radio to help them know what to do? No, let's play a boardgame.   Alicia's got a damn iPhone, why aren't they on the internet looking for safe places to go? Maybe the roads to the desert are overrun by BurningMan zombies!  They could at least be reading Reddit for first person accounts with the undead.  No, she's probably listening to K-Pop and continuously texting her un-dead boyfriend.  Why didn't the showrunners have a few scenes with radio or TV on in the background?  It could help to build the tension, fill in some of the backstory for the viewers and move the story along a bit faster.

If this show is continuing on to a 2nd season, please kill off most of the existing cast, build a whole new cast for season 2 with a couple of the originals there to tie the story together... then kill the remaining v1.0 characters.

• Love 6

You know who would be the perfect character for this show" Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

Other people (including me) have said that what they should gave done instead of going with this boring is have a reporter and/or a medical person as the lead. Then, they could have really shown us the nitty-gritty and how it all started, which probably includes an inept government (cue Mulder and Scully).

Ah, well.

A wasted opportunity.

• Love 2

This is a cut & paste from the PTV recap:

Her English is just fine; I suspect the recapper was referring to her Spanish.

Whups, you're right. By 3 a.m., some of the words stop sense making time.  Will fix.

• Love 3

I wish they had gone with the characters from the TellTale game. They started out in a suburb too, they could've changed the city but at least they would've had the characters already mapped out. Plus to me it's more interesting when you throw strangers together and they have to learn how to survive. In the game they did meet Hershel and Glenn but if the city changed we didn't have to meet them. 

I think they missed the boat on by leaving the truck fully ready and the LA streets clear and open.  I think there could have been an entire season in their walk to find their loved ones...  Riot ridden Los Angles WITH the addition of zombies could have been interesting.  Now...  Well they're home.  Probably quicker than a normal rush hour day...

Y'know, this show may never leave LA.  We know that around DC and Georgia nothing of the pre-ZA world survived but we don't know that for other parts of the country.  This show may not be about traveling to find a safe haven but living in a community that gets worse and worse while trying to deal with the ZA.  By the current time period of the mothership, LA could have various communities of many thousands trying to survive walker herds in the millions.  If they hit the road, they'll just be replaying the main show or using plots that could be used in the main show but if they stay put, you have totally different types of plots available ...

Another thing we don't really know is how people become zombies in this show.  At this point in the plague, you can become a zombie by (1) being bitten; (2) dying; or (3) just breathing it in.  Remember in the first season one of the cast members came down with the bug without prior injury and we've seen it happening here. Everyone left in TWD is relatively immune (they didn't even become zombified when suffering from the flu outbreak in the prison until they died) but in FtWD some people will still turn into zombies totally at random.  In that world, some people may also get it from being sprayed with zombie blood.  ,,, That's a long way of saying that quarantining Susan's husband was pretty much necessary.

ETA - *oops, I misremembered how Jim died in Season 1; thanks Raven.

Edited by rab01
  • Love 2

Well, if the show stays in LA (which makes sense), then we can go back to the church and the school and the boyfriends house and the bleachers. In other words, it'll just be like TWD. That is, the main characters will just walk around in circles, except here it won't be in a pine forest.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 2

Well, if the show stays in LA (which makes sense), then we can go back to the church and the school and the boyfriends house and the bleachers. In other words, it'll just be like TWD. That is, the main characters will just walk around in circles, except here it won't be in a pine forest.

Heh, nothing is ever gonna stop the writers from being repetitive.  I have to add - this is the first time I've watched any part of this series in real time. I binge watched seasons 1-3 on DVD and then watched on DVR usually 4-6 episodes at a time over a few days.  It really works better that way. A lot of episodes that would be hugely frustrating if they were all you had for a week become pleasant interludes if you watch a few at a time.  When you see them once a week, we usually have more time to process what happened than the characters do. Repeating the same dumb mistake 3 times in two days is less crazy than doing it regularly over the course of a month, which is what it feels like to the viewer.

• Love 4

It's clear older people dress for comfort, as Nick has discovered. Those khakis are 100% cotton and provide more room to maneuver than his usual skinny jeans. That coat is warm in the mornings and evenings but not too hot. Look, none of us want to admit it but sometimes it's better to be comfortable than fashionable. I think Nick has looked around and figured out he's at the end of the world and has no one left to impress. I'm afraid we'll just have to look at him in those clothes forever.

My issue is more with the fact that I doubt he's washed that outfit since he swiped it. I mean, what are the odds he goes home, showers and says "hey mom, can you wash my new favorite outfit so I can wear it for the apocalypse?" It has already soaked up several days of his detox sweats and puking, and I'm sure before long it will have some walker essence on it. It wouldn't hurt for him to pack a spare outfit, I hope he has.

Whups, you're right. By 3 a.m., some of the words stop sense making time.  Will fix.

I've pulled a few all-nighters to meet a book deadline, so I know whereof you speak...

And I loved the recap, by the way. Some seriously funny stuff!

Remember in the first season one of the cast members came down with the bug without prior injury and we've seen it happening here.

Ah, refresh my memory here...Amy was bitten and so was Jim. As far as I can recall, they were the only two "infected."

My issue is more with the fact that I doubt he's washed that outfit since he swiped it. I mean, what are the odds he goes home, showers and says "hey mom, can you wash my new favorite outfit so I can wear it for the apocalypse?" It has already soaked up several days of his detox sweats and puking, and I'm sure before long it will have some walker essence on it. It wouldn't hurt for him to pack a spare outfit, I hope he has.

Check out the still photos in the PTV recap; although I tend to agree Nick should be pretty ripe at this point, his clothing actually looks pretty clean. It's a wardrobe miracle!

• Love 1

That is why I moaned at TWD escape from the farm.  Lori was nailing zombie heads at 20 mph with a revolver with a 2" barrell.  I think she was like 90%...  I'm with you, about ten to fifteen yards as long as I have lots in the clip... ...

In all fairness Lori was shooting for two.

• Love 12

You are correct. I shoot a 9mm, 38sp, 22LR semi-automatic, 22LR revolver (6 shot), and a 22mag. My husband shoots a black powder muzzle loader plus other rifles. We have a nice collection of hand guns and rifles. I prefer the 22LR revolver. You don't go through ammo with a revolver like a semi-automatic. I shot today and put ten straight rounds right in the face at ten yards.

I am interested in seeing how long Travis's dislike for guns last. When will he discover how to dispatch the undead before they make dinner out of him and his family? Will he use the hammer or a baseball bat? The girl in Z-Nation has a neat baseball bat with spikes attached to the end. She does some serious damage. Right now I watch the show because it is becoming more of a comedy than anything else. Stupidity reigns supreme in the world of the Clarks.

Sounds like you and your husband are ready for the ZA. :)

Does 22LR penetrate walker skulls in the TWD world? If so, it would seem like a great choice. Light and compact to carry and relatively quiet. With subsonic rounds and a suppressor it wouldn't make much more noise than Daryl's crossbow.

I suspect Travis will learn to love guns very soon. The old saying is a Conservative is a Liberal who has been mugged. That would be even more true of a Liberal thrust into a ZA. :)

• Love 3

All I can say about leaving the doors open is, I have 2 teenagers and I screamed SHUT THE DOOR!!! at least 853 times this weekend. I'm convinced from watching this show that neither of them will survive the ZA unless I lock them in a closet or something.

• Love 9