Type keyword(s) to search

Anniversary Killer Spoilers Thread

• Start Topic

Yes, they show Ben in the last few minutes in his apt, and he has hidden under his bed a box of ugly red ties and other stuff that links him to the murders, which I couldn't quite see.  He puts it in a garbage bag and takes it down to the dock and tosses it in the water.

It's ben?

But everyone thinks it is Chad because Marlena id'ed him.  So Abbifail is hiding Chad somewhere, not sure where, some shed.

Clyde could be killing them and Ben is setting up his rival and neither of them are aware of each other's actions....

I think the guy who attacked Marlena physically matched Ben.  I think Clyde being out of breath and Dan being all menacing was meant to "trick" us.  

Edited by bannana
  • Love 3

Yes, they show Ben in the last few minutes in his apt, and he has hidden under his bed a box of ugly red ties and other stuff that links him to the murders, which I couldn't quite see.  He puts it in a garbage bag and takes it down to the dock and tosses it in the water.

But everyone thinks it is Chad because Marlena id'ed him.  So Abbifail is hiding Chad somewhere, not sure where, some shed.

I think the guy who attacked Marlena physically matched Ben.  I think Clyde being out of breath and Dan being all menacing was meant to "trick" us.  

Yeah...what was in that baggie he pulled out of the box and took a whiff of?  Was that the flowers from the DiMera mansion?  Can we get a list of what he took out of that box? I saw ties and the mystery baggie. And probably other stuff I forgot about already.

• Love 1

Yes, they show Ben in the last few minutes in his apt, and he has hidden under his bed a box of ugly red ties and other stuff that links him to the murders, which I couldn't quite see.  He puts it in a garbage bag and takes it down to the dock and tosses it in the water........ to "trick" us.  

Or he discovered Abigail's secret stash and destroyed the evidence of her crimes, cuz he luvs her soooo much.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3

Robert has an interview in the new SOD that confirms he's the killer, was told he was the killer and has enjoyed playing it.

Really?   That's disappointing if he's actually the killer - i can't believe they would release that info to us this early - isn't this serial killer story supposed to go on for the next couple of months?     I'd still rather it be either Dr. Tan or Eric

• Love 1

Eric - After witnessing a killing in Africa, being raped by Kristen (neither of which was he ever counseled for), being betrayed by both Nicole and Serena, and almost being killed by Xander, this guy is a ticking time bomb for something. He could have officially snapped. Framing Chad....he's a Dimera. The Dimeras have tortured the Bradys for years. Maybe it's time for a little payback!

This has been my favorite for a while now, since the day after Serena's  murder, when he was dressed in a suit and tie, and acted so weird at the Police Station, but it doesn't seem to be.

I feel like Ben & Clyde are both too obvious of a choice - plus is Ben really that smart to frame Chad?    I'm still thinking it's either going to be Daniel or Eric - both of those choices would be a big surprise - no one would ever suspect either of them.     I do think it would be interesting if it was a woman but seeing as we saw the killer yesterday - it didn't look like it could be one of the women on the show.

It makes sense that Daniel or Eric might kill Serena. It makes no sense to me that either of them would target Paige. I'm not sure the girl was even on Eric's radar, and Daniel was genuinely fond of her, and felt horrible about keeping the JJ/Eve secret. He was disgusted by everyone in that storyline, except for Paige. 

Jar Jar? 

Sorry...I am slow today...LOL

Who, and maybe, more importantly to me, why "Jar Jar"? 

Thank you for asking this.

Jar Jar is short for Jar Jar Binks, the loathe character from Star Wars. 

I know you'll find this hard to believe....and you should probably sit down so you don't hit the floor when I confess...I've never seen one single movie of Star Wars!  I know, my husband is aghast, and has begged me not to tell anyone, in case they think he married a loon.  So there you have it. At least now I know why the name made no sense to me!  LOL! Thanks!

But...that's no surprise!  I want the surprise Rafe promised!  Wait...is this another joke??? You guys almost had me going, again!  First Jar Jar...now this!

I have watched the Star Wars films, knew that's to whom the nickname was referring and still don't get the why of it all.

Like alot of people, his Boston accent becomes very strong, when he is doing emotional scenes....Billy's midwestern accent is more pronounced as well, for the same reason...That may be why you think that the actor that plays Ben is unintelligible...I think Ben will the original killer, but it will morph into something even more sinister....

I'm from the Boston area. I hear Rob Wilson's accent come out, but that's not when his lines are unintelligible to me. For me, I can't make out what he's saying when he talks too quickly and when he mumbles, both of which he's prone to do.

Clyde has a physical alibi as of today so yeah not him

I don't think he does. We see him running after Marlena is attacked.

I accept yesterday's reveal with the ties, gloves and DiMera flowers that Ben is probably the killer or is at least the person (or one of the people) who is setting up Chad. That said, I thought the body of Marlena's attacker looked far more like Clyde's than like Ben's. It really threw me.

She also looks like Jar Jar in the long nose & face, and peculiar expressions and gangly limbs.

Oh, I don't think so, at all. Kate Manzi is a cute girl, even for soaps. She's not the typical blonde ingenue, but maybe that's what I like about her looks. Still, I appreciate your explanation of the "why" behind this nickname, because it's never made a lick of sense to me.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 2

I  think Ben and Dan are working together as the serial killers in Salem..Ben will start the killings and Dan will finish it culminating in his death..Ben will kill Clyde when he finds out about the paternity switch orchestrated by him and he may even find out about Jordan's rape...Aiden will try to kill Hope, by trying to copy the serial killer's methods, but will die at the hands of Hope in self-defense..

Dan was really creepy by Marlena's bedside so may be there's something still there with him and Robert is doing a misdirect with the SOD interview? 

Exactly, the writers had him in all black and peering at Marlena...Plus, Marlena imagined him to be the killer, before realizing that he was God...It is true that she was so traumatized by near death experience..There was something there..Dan was checking to see if Marlena had any idea if it was him...Dan could have attacked Marlena at the hospital and not Ben...I think Ben has a partner in crime...

I read on another site that Marlena's attacker was a stunt double.

They always use a stunt double to keep the identity of the killer a secret from the audience...The actor would have to get credit and that would clue us on his identity, if the actor was not the show that day...

Dan sure acted creepy today. I know next week they will actually show a flashback of Ben killing Serena but I think I'm on board with the idea Dan is going to finish off the additional murders.

Dan's too small to have attacked Marlena.

I read on another site that Marlena's attacker was a stunt double.

That's highly likely. Heck, Marlena thrashing around was a stunt double. Still, that double should be about the same size as the actor in question.

It's weird they've been saying the killer's identity would be revealed to the audience on November 9, so why are we being shown this now?  It's confusing.

I thought the viewers would see "the killer" on the 24th. It's only in Salem that the reveal will be on November 9. And if that makes any sense, I'll get back to writing my novel.

I thought the viewers would see "the killer" on the 24th. It's only in Salem that the reveal will be on November 9. And if that makes any sense, I'll get back to writing my novel.

But they've been saying that the people on the show aren't going to know the identity of the killer till January.

• Love 3

But they've been saying that the people on the show aren't going to know the identity of the killer till January.

Well, nobody ever gave TPTB at Days any credit for having the least modicum of sense. ;)

Still, it does seem strange that we'd know "the killer" this far ahead of the characters. I could be wrong, I just thought that a spoiler someone else posted in one of the spoiler threads gave an earlier date on the reveal, but deaths would continue into 2016.

They always use a stunt double to keep the identity of the killer a secret from the audience...The actor would have to get credit and that would clue us on his identity, if the actor was not the show that day...

In this case, Rob Wilson did appear as Ben on the same day, but you're right. It still could have been a stunt double. He still seemed to have Clyde's form more than Ben's (imo).

• Love 1

Prepare to be faked out over and over and over again during the "Anniversary Killing Spree".  DOOL has done that before --- extremely well --- and they are going to do it again and again and again.

CItizens of Salem are in for a rough few months.  Just when they think it's safe, or have it figured out.  *BOOM*

No inside scoop.  Just a thought.

• Love 6

It's weird they've been saying the killer's identity would be revealed to the audience on November 9, so why are we being shown this now?  It's confusing.

I'm still scratching my head on that one too.  It seems pretty lackluster to know the killer this early in the game. Where is the suspense in that? 

I must say I gave up Days last October; only came back last month to see the old vets, particularly Steve.  But I hoped that the serial killer storyline would be done well and engaging. Now I feel like I'm only sticking around for select characters for however long they remain on.   

It seems to me that if Days wanted to draw in new and old viewers for this 50th, they would put a lot of effort into making a stunning plot with the serial killer storyline to retain those viewers.  I can't really see how Ben being the killer (someone viewers having not watched in the last year or two would even know) and revealing it this early in the game is going to wow occasional or temporary viewers to stick around. 

• Love 6

Prepare to be faked out over and over and over again during the "Anniversary Killing Spree".  DOOL has done that before --- extremely well --- and they are going to do it again and again and again.

CItizens of Salem are in for a rough few months.  Just when they think it's safe, or have it figured out.  *BOOM*

No inside scoop.  Just a thought.

I'm pretty sure one of the spoilers, possiby from Ken Corday, said that the citizens of Salem would think the killer was caught, and then like you said "BOOM" he'd strike again.   And I think the killings go on into 2016, so still at least 3 or 4 months to go.

• Love 1
Now I feel like I'm only sticking around for select characters for however long they remain on.   

I feel that way about all the soaps anymore I am sorry to say. I watch the stories for the actors/characters I like & FF the rest.

It will be so sad to lose anymore soaps but geez, they are all in bad shape one way or another. What a shame!

• Love 4

Even if Robert wasn't completely honest in the SOD interview about everything Ben has indeed killed..they're going to show Serena actually being murdered next week per an interview Melissa Archer gave.

And I'll bet True has probably taped Paige's murder scene, as well, and will confirm it to us sometime later.

• Love 1

Anything involving Failure propping was due to fail.  That's all it was.  I'm so glad she is on less and less.  I can't see how she can be rehabilitated though.  If it had been revealed it was about Ben and Failure I wouldn't have watched so I'm glad for whatever entertainment I got out of it.  I'm not adverse to killing sprees if done well. 

• Love 1