Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Future Tense

Cranberry

Finally some Karma and Amy and some bad acting for a college video, loved it lol! Baby karmy was cute too.

Episode was decent, kinda rushed as usual. I'm not really sad to see Reagan go, I never thought she was a good match for her. Amy needs someone a bit...calmer? Who supports her education plans and not try to get her out of it.

Lauren is still my queen, and I have no idea why shows are so into the older authority figure and the teenage girl. And also cops that are 20 years old.

Just wanted to add the last scene where Karma was talking about how both girls will be and the same place one day and it will finally be right, while the show wants you to think she was referring to Reagan and Amy it was definitely foreshadowing for Karma and Amy.

• Love 5

why why why why why do I have to endure what looks like Amy with Felix she does not look right with a guy and he's dull. Sucks that Regan looks gone so Amy can eventually hook up with a guy cause apparently MTV wants Amy Bisexual. I don't wanna watch Awkard I wanna watch Faking it. I signed on cause Amy was a woman who discovered Romantic feelings for her female BF.

Lauren is awesome. I LOL at the way she curses and I liked how she made Theo tell her why he likes her besides that's she pretty. I also echoed Amy's face when she overheard Liam and Karma's sexytime plans. Also thought it was sweet how Karma told Amy she was more important than Sexy times with Boring Liam. Reagan and Amy's breakup made me a little sad cause I don't like Amy being upset :(

• Love 1

Really good episode. Liked that Amy and Reagan ended in a realistic way. They are just not in the same place in life. I think Reagan could see it sooner and tried really hard to hold onto Amy. She became too clingy in the ep because she could see that Amy was just ready for the type of serious relationship that she wanted.

Not sure what to think of Liam's looking for his father. I do find it interesting that he was confiding in Shane about this. I don't believe that he has ever told Karma about his family situation. This along with Karma telling Amy she is more important really makes me think this reunion with Liam is short lived.

I like Lauren but not really a fan of her story with Theo. Same could be said with Shane and Duke. Just waiting for the secret to come out in that relationship.

Definitely didn't see what Karma saw with Amy and Felix. Could just be residual dislike of the actor from Chasing Life but he and Amy didn't really show this spark that Karma apparently saw.

Really glad that Karma and Amy were more front and center this episode. The show is more of an ensemble now but their scenes together are still the biggest strength of the show. And the final scene there was definitely a more hidden meaning than just Reagan at least according to a page of the script that writers released on twitter did have direction notes basically hinting that Karma wasn't sure who she meant when she told Amy that maybe one day Amy and 'her' will be in the same place.

Edited by ybrik
  • Love 1

I'm a little baffled. Amy can't have a relationship with a girl because she's not 100% sure if she's a lesbian, but is 100% sure she's attracted to girls? I mean the alternatives here are bi or lesbian, so I guess I'm a bit confused about why that meant the relationship needed to end. I don't mind terribly because I don't think Yvette Monreal is very good (though in fairness, she's been better in 2B than she was in 2A), but I didn't quite follow the logic.

• Love 1

God! Reagan is so annoying and clingy. Thank you writers for the much needed break. Amy needs someone who isn't so gung-ho all the time. However, since Carter likes the actress (I don't), and its only the 3rd episode she can always return. Plus, from Carter's comments I just read on twitter - that's a great possibility. 

Why is Felix here, serious??

I really like Shane and Duke together. I hope they eventually find themselves back together after the sh*t hits the fan. Michael Willet is really looking extra cute in the 2nd half. It looks like his gain some muscle weight. Looks extra yummy.

Karma doesn't want Amy to be a lesbian because since she is in love with her - by default she would fall into that title.??? I wonder? But, as Karma said in the end one day both girls might be in the same place emotionally & mentally so they can be together. Time will tell *wink*

Edited by Milks26

I actually felt bad for Liam. I didn't think that Xander was his father, so it was kind of sucky to see him get all excited just to get let down.

The video was adorably terrible. #blessed!

Regan and Amy breaking up was inevitable. They just were not in the same place, and Regan seems to have a lot of bisexual issues due to her ex. I still think Amy is probably bisexual, but she is figuring it out. That`s interesting to watch.  

Shane and his boyfriend are cute. But man is that going to end badly. 

Random thoughts...

I feel like this show jumped the shark ever since Amy slept with Liam. Hasn't been the same :( Also the whole story arch of this season is weather or not Amy is bisexual or not. I feel like it's a rehash from season 1 with Amy wondering if she was a lebsian or not. See that felt more natural, she was founding herself then and really found herself and grew with understanding her feelings and discovery. Now this whole drama I SOMETIMES LIKE BOYS AND DON'T KNOW IF I'M A LEBSIAN doesn't really feel like it fits with the character development of the first season. I wouldn't mind so much because IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL. And don't understand why obesse over every little detail, because honestly who cares.

• Love 2

I feel a little bad that I'm so glad to see Amy and Reagan break up because i really did like Amy having a girlfriend, but Yvette Monreal is such a terrible actress and it made all of the scenes between them kind of painful for me. However I really have no interest in seeing Amy get involved with Felix. Ugh.

I agree with others that it was nice to see Amy and Karma and their friendship take center stage in this episode. This was a really well-balanced episode in terms of focusing on those two but still making good use of Lauren and Shane. 

• Love 1

However I really have no interest in seeing Amy get involved with Felix. Ugh.

Did the writers confirm that Amy/Felix is going to happen?  I am just curious  why people keep bringing it up.  If they are getting together then I completely agree, Ugh.  I am pretty sure even if I was a pro-traditional marriage activist (which I am in no way am), I would still consider Felix far to uninteresting for him and Amy to get together.

It is probably a mixture of people reading interviews with Carter and the cast talking about Amy and Felix interacting and also the preview trailer for the season. Then of course there is the actor being cast on this show and Carter's husband's show 'Chasing Life' as the new love interest for a bisexual girl. I am liking Felix a little more here than on Chasing Life but mainly it's probably just that Faking It isn't as heavy handed as Chasing Life has been with its message about the character.

I wonder if the NB's artist character was supposed to have a bigger arc until he had his legal issues last year. This seemed kind of weird ending for him.

• Love 1

Amy was shown kissing him in the trailer. I've seen the whole season and (mild spoiler here)

she does like him, but not as much as he likes her, and the relationship really doesn't get as much focus as I expected. It's not serious; he is never her boyfriend or anything like that.

• Love 1