Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Expect A Miracle

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

One thing thay makes me mad about Karl is that she rushed to marry Javi for those sweet military benefits. Now that she wants to grift more money off Jo, she's claiming that money is being taken from Javi's check for insurance, but that's a huge lie. When my husband was active duty he didn't get money taken out for insurance, all we paid for was dental and for a family of 5 we paid about $37 a month. All our medical care, vision and even our daughter's expensive speech therapy was fully covered by Tricare at no cost to us. So what is Karl talking about? Seems like just another lie to continue her grifter ways, she is pathetic and Kavi needs to wipe that smirk off his face because he's gonna be in Jo's shoes when Karl divorces him in the next few years.

If Jo has a full-time job wouldn't he be paying for Isaac's medical/dental insurance?  If Isaac is covered under Javi's Tricare plan you so know it isn't costing Kail and Javi much or Kailyn would really be hulk-smashing up a storm and constantly throwing it in Jo's face that he doesn't even pay for his own son's monthly health cost premiums.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 4

•• I said it before- I'll say it again. What happened to Kail? When did she get so angry & greedy & arrogant?? Personally, I'm not sure what Jo does... But he makes good money outside of Teen Mom. I think it would be better to reach an agreement for child support outside of court. I think Jo is reasonable & he will pay. A few friends of mine have had different experiences when going to court. I think it depends on the judge. A good guy friend of mine paid for his 3 kids school supplies & clothes, paid for gifts & some food on holidays, & paid for birthday parties & most of the birthday gifts. He also had his kids every weekend & sometimes a weeknight or 2. He & his ex went to court & the judge come down hard on him. He has a hard time and & makes decent money.

As far as Javi, I was on his side until his little fit last week. Now I can't stand him. I wonder if he's the reason Kail is like she is now. I mean, before Javi, Kail had flashes of bi**hiness. But now she's all bi**h.

••• I can't even stand to see Jenelle's nasty face & her dead eyes. Seriously, she makes me cringe. All she talks about is how SHE feels and what SHE'S going through. Barb is right- this is about Jace. When they go to court, I hope & pray that Barb wins. He'll have an awful life with Jenelle. Also- has Jenelle ever even thanked Barb for taking care of her child?? I doubt it & that's sad. Jenelle doesn't deserve Jace or poor fat little Kaiser.

• Love 4

If Jo has a full-time job wouldn't he be paying for Isaac's medical/dental insurance?  If Isaac is covered under Javi's Tricare plan you so know it isn't costing Kail and Javi much or Kailyn would really be hulk-smashing up a storm and constantly throwing it in Jo's face that he doesn't even pay for his own son's monthly health cost premiums.

I think what happened is, Kail agreed in mediation that Isaac would be on Javi's healthcare because those benefits would cover most, if not all, Isaac's healthcare. She then likely requested that Jo pay more in CS since Isaac was covered under Javi's health coverage. Agree with you that if it was costing them a lot in out-of-pocket costs, Kail would have been on Jo a lot sooner or she would have at least mentioned it before now.

What happened to Kail? When did she get so angry & greedy & arrogant??

The minute she took in her first breath of air.

• Love 6

I know Leah cheated on Jeremy. I know that she should take some (not all) of the blame for her marriage not working out. She hasn't made the best decisions either. But, to me, it seems obvious that she's got some mental issues. I see her as someone who needs help very badly. I know she made mistakes- but Jeremy makes me mad as he acts like her changing/ having these issues is a big surprise. She'd been pleading with Jeremy to get a job closer- to be home more. She needed help! As time went by, she went more and more downhill. I'm not sure her looking like crap has everything to do with the drugs. I think it has more to do with her being tired & sad & overwhelmed. She's going to get help & that's a step in the right direction.

The drug issue is what makes me the most sad. As I said before, people tend to do drugs to numb the pain they feel. It's personal to me as I'm a drug addict. Been clean for about 6 years now but it breaks my heart to see the things people say about her drug problem and how awful she is because she has a drug problem. If a person has never been addicted to drugs, they have no idea what it's like. It's not just people like Leah & me that get addicted to drugs. (That Doctor needs to stop giving her these drugs.) Lawyers, Doctors, teachers, athletes, poiliticians, & even police do drugs. Drugs don't discriminate.

• Love 9

I second the poster up thread who was mortified that neither Janelle nor Barb accompanied Jace to the bathroom when they were at the restaurant.  He's too little to go alone.  About a month ago a 5 yr. old boy was sexually assaulted in the men's bathroom at a popular drugstore chain in my area while the parents waited for their prescriptions to be filled.  No thank you.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 8

I also feel like there was something big missing from the talk Jo and Kailyn had, maybe something having to do with the show? Like maybe Jo said he (and possibly Isaac) wouldn't do the show anymore if she took him to court for child support? I can't see why she looked so conflicted and would agree otherwise. I also can't understand why Jo thought he would be paying between $3-5k a month? Maybe because of extra money due to being on the show? It felt like it was edited and something was missing from what we were shown. I don't see why else Jo feels like he shouldn't pay the amount determined like other fathers? Or why he always has seemed like he thinks he's being persecuted by paying what the court decides..

Wtf was up with Leah's hair?! Damn. Also, I fuckin hate Delta Duhhhawn. And all of the rest of her relation. Except Ali, the smartest one by a bunch. Am I being "pacific" enough? Ugh, idiot "Chasity"...

Chelsea is annoying and Aubree is too old to be acting like she was. And then Chelsea just coddles her more. Chelsea is so ineffective as a parent.

Agree with the rest, Jace is too young to go off to the bathroom alone, especially since it seemed to be on another floor?! Jenelle continues to suck ass in all ways.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 4

Leah has sucked on every level, start to finish, for years, with or without drugs. She

probably turned to drugs in large part due to the poor decisions she's made and the dead end life she's left with at this young age (though in that hellhole holler 20 appears like 40 to me).

She has no education, no goals, is a cheater, multiple failed marriages and children's (childrenses?) fathers. I'd be depressed, too, but I don't think a medal is warranted for her getting help (whatever that means on this show) after driving her life off a cliff, especially with all the subterfuge and lies she/he show work overtime to jam down our throats

Though this girl was never going to have a big future, this show has ensured she will never achieve even that, not drugs.

Delta Dawn should be kept in a glass cage for children to gasp at as they pass. Disgusting.

• Love 10

I wish Barbara would call Janelle's bluff and give her full custody of Jace starting NOW. Just hand him over, say you'll visit every now and then like the grandmother she is (and Janelle keeps calling her), and say bye-bye and good luck. Janelle wouldn't last a week on her own with a toddler and a six year old. She'd hand Jace back in a hot minute, and wouldn't raise the topic again anytime soon.

• Love 19

I fail to see why any of us owe Leah any bit of any understanding or anything at all in regard to her drug issues because as far as I know she STILL has yet to even admit to ever having had any drug issue!!! Maybe if she would tell the truth and quit trying to play us all for fools people would have more understanding or sympathy.

I also agree that Leah has always been a loser going nowhere, drugs or no drugs.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 10

I know Leah cheated on Jeremy. I know that she should take some (not all) of the blame for her marriage not working out. She hasn't made the best decisions either. But, to me, it seems that she got some mental issues. I see her as someone who needs help very badly. I know she made mistakes- but Jeremy makes me mad as he acts like her changing/ having these issues is a big surprise. She'd been pleading with Jeremy to get a job closer- to be home more. She needed help! As time went by, she went more and more downhill. I'm not sure her looking like crap has everything to do with the drugs. I think it has more to do with her being tired & sad & overwhelmed. She's going to get help & that's a step in the right direction.

The drug issue is what makes me the most sad. As I said before, people tend to do drugs to numb the pain they feel. It's personal to me as I'm a drug addict. Been clean for about 6 years now but it breaks my heart to see the things people say about her drug problem and how awful she is because she has a drug problem. If a person has never been addicted to drugs, they have no idea what it's like. It's not just people like Leah & me that get addicted to drugs. (That Doctor needs to stop giving her these drugs.) Lawyers, Doctors, teachers, athletes, poiliticians, & even police do drugs. Drugs don't discriminate.

What part of the blame for her marriage failing should Jeremy take? I feel like once you have another mans penis inside you, it's all your fault, but maybe that's just my opinion.

Just because she had mental issues doesn't make her any less of a piece of shit mother/person. She's also really, really stupid. She keeps putting herself on my television so I will continue to talk about how terrible and dumb she is. Jenelle, Kail, and Chelsea all have mental health issues too, should we be giving all of them a break?

According to Leah there is no drug problem so if she continues to insist that she just went to "therapy or whatever in a facility or something I guess" then who am I to argue with her?

• Love 10

It was a hidden message. She was referring to herself between the legs.

Oh, snap!

I just hope that they never give the Incredible Sulk a show on HGTV. She'd probably want a competitive one where the goal is to keep moving and moving faster than Jo can find a (more affordable) house within a mile of her.

• Love 6

What part of the blame for her marriage failing should Jeremy take? I feel like once you have another mans penis inside you, it's all your fault, but maybe that's just my opinion.

Jeremy married someone he barely knew who already had two kids and a divorce partly due to adultery before her 21st birthday. Then he immediately made a baby with her, and then left for long periods of time to work out of town. Leah is awful, but Jeremy is a moron. He was old enough to know not to rush into something like that. I feel no real sympathy for him. I only feel bad for the kids. When you marry a virtual stranger, you get what you get. There were huge red flags there and he ignored them because he was horny and maybe even a bit of a fame whore.

• Love 17

I get really bothered by the child support these dads are expected to pay as well.  I understand the formula/based on their salary, etc, etc.  I just don't get why it would be so much, and why the moms are basically then paying nothing for their children.  I know it doesn't cost that much for a child.  I really think this just proves that Leah has children (at least her last one) for the money from the future child support.  Because knowing she makes a working person's salary (and one that someone had to get a full education to get that salary) for literally doing nothing really frustrates me.

I don't understand Kail's situation either.... I agree with all of you.  She chooses the expensive school, the new expensive house, etc, and Jo has to pay up?  Why doesn't she have to make choices based on her income--just because the son has a father that has to give you money doesn't equal entitlement to the best life has to offer.  I think she isn't serving the Teen Mom series well as she definitely makes it look like--oh if you have a child as a teen look how much money and houses and cars you can end up with!  

• Love 6

That Aubree....whew. She can really take it out of you sometimes. Chelsea later mentioned she had just come from her weekend with Adumb, and that makes a lot of sense. Even with the perfect co-parenting situation that transition can be tough. I remember it when I was a kid. My parents were both great, loving, involved. I was never abused or neglected in any way. But the households were just different and it was always hard going back and forth. I remember my mom calling my first day back my "grumpy day". Aubree is only 5, so it's doubtful she even understands why she's feeling so grumpy, let alone is she able to verbalize it. 

And couple that with the fact that she DOESN'T have the perfect co-parenting situation. It sounds like Adumb isn't even really around, what with Aubree mentioning his "too many girlfriends". And I can't really see the Linds providing discipline and structure, given how their progeny turned out. 

Now, none of this absolves Chelsea. I'm sure she has her part in it. She tends to react to Aubree more like a peer, getting annoyed at their friend, than a mother. But I did feel for her in that minute. It's hard enough when your child has a meltdown in public, let alone on camera. Half the people watching are going to be like, "Spank that little brat's ass!" and the other half would call the police on you if you did. Parenting - the hardest thing in the world to do, but the easiest to criticize. I wish Chelsea luck. She means well, she just needs to get a little better handle on things. And it's hard when you're doing it alone. Cole is good for both of them, for sure, I just don't want her to put all of her eggs in that particular basket. 

Jenelle. She just makes me stabby. Do you realize how pathetic you are? Begging for a dude to come back, who looks more interested in his breakfast platter than you? Move on. Pay attention to your kids for once in your life! 

And the way she keeps taking those digs at Barb - "You're just a grandmother". Fuck. You. JUST a grandmother? First of all, grandmothers can be very important people in the lives of their grandchildren. But Barb isn't just a grandmother. She raised that little boy. Was she being just a grandmother when she was bathing infant Jace and putting him to bed, whilst you were clubbing with your girlfriends? Was she just a grandmother when you were off breaking into homes and sleeping off your high with Keefuh? Was she just a grandmother when you were crossing state line after state line on a stolen credit card? Was she just a grandmother when you were spending your nights in jail and your mornings in court? Was she just a grandmother when you were moving from home to home, the only constant in your life a pair of tacky, ceramic flip-flops?

Barb has been the only constant in that boy's life. And you act so fucking ungrateful. Maybe if Jenelle approached things differently, she'd get a different result. How about, ya know, sitting down and expressing gratitude for all of the things Barb has done? How about actually recognizing how hard this will be on Jace and Barb, instead of thinking only of yourself and how you want to LOOK like a good mom? How about being willing to take a slow transition? But no, she won't listen to what anyone else has to say. 

You know, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm getting to the point where I don't know if Jenelle should even get Jace back. And I don't mean because she's still a dysfunctional piece of shit. I mean because too much time has past. At one point do we look at this child, and realize he's spent half of his childhood years in one home, with one person, and realize it would be incredibly damaging to force him to make an entirely new life? I don't know, I tend to think a few more years and it's simply too late. Jace has his life, and you fucked up. Sorrynotsorry. 

Also, why was Jenelle in scrubs for court? Do they make you wear those in school? Or was she just trying to look professional? 

Also, come on girls, a 5-year-old shouldn't be going to a public bathroom by himself!

Leah, if you're tired all the time, you might want to consider quitting drugs. Just saying. 

I am just over her and this false "therapy" narrative. And I'm really freaking pissed that she has left her kids twice now. Damn her. She should have stuck it out the first time, so they didn't have to go through this again. I'm sorry, she loves those girls in the way you obligated to love people. But she does not truly put anyone before herself. I was furious when I heard her tell Gracie to go check on Addalynn, so she could mope in her room with her sister. Hey, your 5-year-old isn't the mother here! You are!

But hey, if you were truly interested, Addalynn appears to be organizing a rummage sale in the chaos you call a living room. 

I laughed so hard at the "expect a miracle" sign. You're gonna need one. 

Also, Germy has to pay $1700/month for child support? That is outrageous! Especially given where they live. I suppose it's based on his income, but damn. For one kid. Wasn't Corey paying roughly half of that for TWO? Leah really is on that child support train, isn't she? One more baby daddy and she's set for life. 

Fucking Kail. "We've outgrown our house". Really, why is that? Because your massive ego and attitude can't fit in the door? Truly, that other house didn't look much bigger. But it's the perfect house! Until Jo moves in down the street, that is. 

And I'm so sick of hearing about this "dent in Isaac's tuition". Hey, if you're having a hard time affording private school, maybe do without. I really would like to know if that was strictly Karl's idea, or was Jo allowed input on where his son went to school? 

At any rate, Kail totally went into that meeting looking for a fight so she could say, "See? We can never agree. We'll just have to go to court". There's no way that grifter is going to take any less than the courts would give her. I don't know, people have to work things out in their own way, but it's so sad to see how exes fight about this crap. My parents didn't go to court. They worked it all out on their own. My dad agreed to pay for my school (yes, I attended private school, but it was only $200/year.) and all my medical care, while my mom covered basic bills and groceries. And then anything outside of that - clothes, school supplies, etc., she would give him a receipt and he would reimburse her. It worked out very well. Why? Because they were determined to put me first and not fight over silly crap my entire life. Trust me, they don't care for each other at all. But they made it work. 

But Kail will never do that. She will squeeze Jo for every penny she can, and Javi will ride right along with it. He was pushing court even more than she was. Kail never had any attention of figuring it out on their own. That's why when Jo kept asking specifically what she needed, she never gave a number. I find it hilarious that Javi's all about it, because one day it will be him on the other side. Have fun, Javi!

• Love 20

Is Isaac going to kindergarten this year?  Why does he need a private school?  Doesn't Kail live in McMansionville now?  I would think a conversation about child support would entail supporting documents like expense receipts and invoices, tax returns, or at least a w-2 or 1099.  Nope.  We're just going to sit at a picnic table and ponder what should happen here.  Jo looked positively defeated.  Does he not want to go to court because he doesn't want to pay a lawyer? 

I really hoped somebody from MTV accompanied Jace to the bathroom.  I wondered if he was prompted to say he had to go to the bathroom (twice) so Janelle & Barb could fight without him hearing.  It's crazy considering Janelle dropped this whole thing eventually.

Chelsea needs to quit badmouthing Adam.  Aubrey isn't stupid.  She knows how he rolls.  If Chelsea was a Real Housewife she'd get the boot because her life is boring.  I'm glad her life is going smoothly, just saying TeenMom can't exactly recast when life works out.

Leah was visited by the police for not using carseats and not bringing the wheelchair to school.  I just don't feel sorry for her.   

http://www.ibtimes.com/teen-mom-2-leah-messer-gets-cops-called-her-after-rehab-ali-aleeah-report-2090152

Edited by MerryMary
  • Love 6
Since she knew the topic was going to be about money, the smart thing to do would've been to bring a sheet of paper listing all of Isaac's expenses so they could go over some real numbers together instead of just pulling generalities out of the air.

Oh there's no way in hell Kail would do that. Because she couldn't exactly put "shitty tattoos", "multiple out of state trips", and "a lifetime of ugly scarves" on the list. But that's what she needs the money for. 

Jenelle can't handle a conversation about a custody agreement because she has one child sitting quietly in a chair stuffing his face, and another one running around. But she wants custody of these two kids in her primary care. Does she ever listen to herself?

Exactly. When you have kids, you have to learn how to multitask and have conversations in less than ideal situations. But, knowing Jenelle, she'd just stick the kids in a crate like her poor dogs. 

Adam: "I don't even know where my daughter is going to preschool next year". That's because she's in kindergarten, you moron.

LOL! We don't even have to try with Adumb. He snarks himself for us!

• Love 10

Damn, Jo needs to run, don't walk, to court and get his child support set and not get fleeced by that grifter. Ain't no way he would be paying thousands of dollars a month unless he is part owner in his parents' company.

I'm thinking he's heard horror stories and is afraid of court. I get it. The calculation is supposed to be fair, but it doesn't always feel/end up that way. Kail's way scarier than court though.
  • Love 6
I know she made mistakes- but Jeremy makes me mad as he acts like her changing/ having these issues is a big surprise. She'd been pleading with Jeremy to get a job closer- to be home more. She needed help!

Leah knew the nature of Germy's job when she met him. Germy doesn't have a college degree to my knowledge, so to have a well paying job in a trade is a very good thing that I don't think it would be wise to give up. What's he going to do? Start all over as some roofer making $9/hour? Bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly? Leah certainly doesn't want to work, so she should have been grateful her husband can provide for everyone. I'm sure it must be very hard to have him away so much, but that wasn't a surprise either. And she willingly brought another kid into that situation, so I can't feel much pity for her. 

I do have a great amount of sympathy for addicts. Alcoholism runs strong in my family. I know how easy it is to get into, and how hard it is to get out of. But Leah has kids, and to me that's the most important thing. She refuses to acknowledge what's really going on and get some real help.I hope she is clean in real time, I really do. But even before the drugs she was a lazy, selfish mother. I don't know, maybe she has underlying mental issues. But again, when there are kids involved, you do anything in your power to be a good parent to them, and I don't see her doing that. 

I'm thinking he's heard horror stories and is afraid of court. I get it. The calculation is supposed to be fair, but it doesn't always feel/end up that way. Kail's way scarier than court though.

Yea, maybe he heard Germy was paying $1700/month and almost shit his pants. 

• Love 4

Jo, not only are you dealing with a grifter, you're dealing with a grifter who has jealousy issues. It's not just business, with Kail, it's personal so you need to seek out a lawyer, pronto! Having legal counsel and being informed of all your rights is the best way to keep that vindictive beast from destroying you financially.

• Love 5

Leah...my job does work for those employees working on the pipeline, Jeremy's job, and those guys make a lot of money...way over $150,000 annually.  There is a calculation in each state based on income percentage and usually factors in first kid and then a supplement amount for each additional. So, Leah hit the jackpot there, but what most don't think of is that these pipeline jobs won't be paying that in about 3-5 years when majority of work is done and that is going to change income and the support payments. Better save up now, which is probably why Jeremy was always saying she is spending too much and he needs his savings.

Kail...Jo is probably scared of the court because a few years back when they wanted to move to Delaware, one thing mentioned was Jo's child support being lower then normal and she didn't fight it because Kail didn't want him toi fight her moving so far away and they even agreed then that she would be driving the further because of cost.  Jo has been seen wearing a red polo shirt a lot (and I remember once (?) he worked at a Staples job) and maybe still does which is why is was able to leave NEPA and go to Jersey and now Delaware with same employer, but he probably doesn't have the income (hourly) that Javi (salary) does. When factoring for child support, done usually every year, Kail doesn't have to include Javi's income (he is not the dad) and Teen Mom & book deal money is not every year and then the court would look at who is paying for child's needs and I also remember that Jo ∧ family) wanted to make sure Issac would be Catholic raised (he goes to a Catholic school, probably something that Kail agreed to when she wanted to move).  The court would also look at the fact that Issac's health insurance is covered by Kail's family plan. All that adds bck on to the calculations and not in Jo's favor, even with 50/50 custody. I am sure Jo spoke with attorney and was told all that and his paycheck would be paying more then the few hundred a month he is now.

Jenelle...she will be fighting for Kaiser soon enough (probably Nathan's family)

Chelsea...I think she just wants to make sure Aubree has the dad figure but said it herself, she loves her dad and will always defend him. Sad but true!

• Love 5

I have an acquaintance who was ordered to keep paying what he'd been paying in child support after he lost his job in the recession. His ex remained employed, making good money. His previous amount was very high, he couldn't pay it with no job, fell behind ... it was a huge mess. He wasn't a deadbeat at all - he was and is a very loving father, but he fell on hard times and just couldn't afford it. Court didn't care. And I think everyone has stories like that so Jo's probably heard a few of them, and courts do tend to favor the mother, so I can see why Jo is hesitant to go to court. Plus, court ain't free. But I do think he should get it in writing.

• Love 4

True, but that doesn't make it right. Why is he responsible for all of Addy's support? Leah shares custody with both baby daddies, so her not providing any monetary support is bullshit. The show won't last forever, and since Jeremy said HIS money was being blown left and right, her MTV money probably doesn't last long.

Sweet, single and sassy.

I was surprised at that number as well.  Although it appears that Leah has sole custody of Addy so she would never owe Jeremy any money.  He's out of town 75% of the time, anyway.  It sounds like he wasn't even awarded a consistent visitation schedule, just a "call Leah every time you're in town" kind of thing.  The number still seems pretty high, though.  I know he earns a decent income, but cost of living in West Virginia can't be THAT high.  Plus, Leah earns a substantial income herself, via the show.  Stupid Mama Dawn couldn't seem happier tho.  Of course.  Gah. 

• Love 4

Kail: Where is Kail getting all this money to move every five minutes?  Saying that she and Jo get into spite fights, is putting it mildly. Kail is a bitch. She’ll never change.  Also, why was Javi involved in Kail and Jo’s conversation about Isaac? Javi is not his father. He should not have been there.

Chelsea: Did I hear Cole using the baby voice? Aubree was acting like a brat.  She always blames Aubrey’s behavior on when she comes back from Adam’s, but she’s a brat with Chelsea too. Maybe she needs to learn how to discipline her child.

Jenelle: Jenelle is a bitch! If I were Babs, I would’ve cut off contact with her long ago. She’s only hurting herself and Jace.  She acts like she wants Jace back, but does nothing to achieve that goal. I don’t believe that her fake friends ask her why she doesn’t have Jace. They all know that she’s a screw up. She’ll keep going back to Nathan, or to another man, and never put Jace first.  Babs is the only stable thing in his life. Jenelle wishes she could be a quarter of the mom that Babs is. She could be, if she wanted to.

Leah: Rehab try number two. If she hadn’t flown back the first time, because of the bullshit that her mom was feeding her, she would not have had to leave her girlses again.  I wish Leah success, but she needs to admit that she has a problem first.

• Love 3

I feel pretty confident that one of the crew was supervising Jace's trips to the potty. They're not going to let something happen to an unattended kid on their watch and it is good that Barb and Jenelle didn't have their argument in front of the child. Jenelle still sucks, though, and no judge is going to give her custody and take Jace outwith her constant interactions with the law.

Kailyn is full of shit. Wish I knew why Jo was so hesitant to go to court. It seems to me that the fact she's married, doesn't really work, has MTV income can make an offer on a new house before the old one is even sold, etc., etc., would  make a judge or mediator sympathetic to him. Doesn't make a dent in Issac's expenses is relative. If she's being extravagant, then she needs to cough up some MTV dough. When my mother insisted on sending my sister and me to an expensive private school, my father was, okay, fine. Get a job to pay for it and she did. And they were still married.

Wouldn't a judge take into consideration Jo's income and responsibilities compared to her extravagances?

Whoever said Delta Dawn needs to be in a cage for children to gasp at as they pass by: Right on! She is horrific. And that sister is looking a hot mess, too.

Can't wait until the #LifeAfterLeah confab next week!

• Love 2

Kail was looking for a fight. As Jo said, they hadn't even been there two minutes and she was barking at him. I hope Vee watched this episode very carefully. Jo is in tears over what he'll have to potentially pay for one kid and she's pregnant with another. I'd be terrified if I were her. I hope someone sat her down and asked her the same question a family member asked a young acquaintance of mine, "Are you prepared to support this baby by yourself?"

I feel pretty confident that one of the crew was supervising Jace's trips to the potty.

I wouldn't even feel comfortable with that. Jace said he needed to poop. He's not a baby, but he's still a very small child going to a public restroom used by adults. He needs help fastening his pants and getting up to the sink to wash his hands. No one should be doing that if his mother and grandmother are sitting right there. Edited by charmed1
  • Love 2
I feel pretty confident that one of the crew was supervising Jace's trips to the potty. They're not going to let something happen to an unattended kid on their watch and it is good that Barb and Jenelle didn't have their argument in front of the child.

True. The crew was around that day. That day. But given how lax Barb and Jenelle were about, I'm sure this wasn't the first time...or will it be the last. And the crew isn't always there. 

• Love 2

Kail was looking for a fight. As Jo said, they hadn't even been there two minutes and she was barking at him. I hope Vee watched this episode very carefully. Jo is in tears over what he'll have to potentially pay for one kid and she's pregnant with another. I'd be terrified if I were her. I hope someone sat her down and asked her the same question a family member asked a young acquaintance of mine, "Are you prepared to support this baby by yourself?"

I wouldn't even feel comfortable with that.

I feel SO BAD for Vee (and say as much every week) but this isn't the reason.

Jo is a great dad. He's a better dad than Kail is a mom.

He said to her "tell me how much you need and I will give it to you". Of course Kail & Javi stayed on their rehearsed script and kept repeating about his current support "not making a dent blah blah blah".

Vee wouldn't have to worry about that stuff with Jo because VEE ISNT KAIL. I could see Vee & Jo being able to co-parent effectively.

We know Jo isn't in arrears - because if he was? Or had ever been? KAIL would have been ALL OVER THAT SHIT.

Jo pays his support. And I'm confident (based on what I've seen on the show) that he would pay VEE's child support without complaint - if it came to that.

"We have spite fights". No, Kail - YOU have spiteful intentions.

Kail's scenes kill me. "Oh we need this bigger house with a pool, etc". "The amount of money Jo gives me DOESNT MAKE A DENT".

Bitch, your kid doesn't cost more to raise just because dad is making more or because YOUR expenses have gone up. Child support should be set at the time of break-up and get yearly cost of living increases. That's it.

As far as the insurance, it may work out for them all for Javi to have the family plan and have Jo pay ISAAC's portion of the premium IF there is a difference in price to cover Isaac. Jo should not have to foot the bill for the entire premium (which is what it seemed like Kail wanted).

• Love 5

Did Kail and Javi end up selling their old house? I was thinking it might not be a bad idea to hang on to it as a rental property given how many military families are in and out of that area.

Jo looked like he was about to have a panic attack at that meeting. Leave it to Karl to demand more money but produce no receipts or paperwork to justify the non-specified amount.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2

I feel SO BAD for Vee (and say as much every week) but this isn't the reason.

Jo is a great dad. He's a better dad than Kail is a mom.

bJo because VEE ISNT KAIL. I could see Vee & Jo being able to co-parent effectively.

We know Jo isn't in arrears - because if he was? Or had ever been? KAIL would have been ALL OVER THAT SHIT.

Jo pays his support. And I'm confident (based on what I've seen on the show) that he would pay VEE's child support without complaint - if it came to that.

Oh I don't disagree with you. I'm definitely not questioning Jo's desire and effort in paying for his new child, I'm questioning his ability to do so. Kail has him by the balls and he's pretty much pleading with her not to take him to court because there's no telling what he'll have to pay her. But where does that leave Vee and the new baby? I'm not talking about them splitting up and Jo paying child support to Vee. I'm talking about while they're still together. Vee left her job and family and she's pregnant. Unless she's sitting on a pile of savings right now, she's entirely dependent on Jo and his money right now. If most of that money ends up going to Kail, then what? Sorry your new baby needs diapers, but Isaac needs a new soccer uniform and endless white boy haircuts, so suck it Vee. Shouldn't have kissed my man-child of a husband at that soccer game.

Given Kail's track record, I can see her telling Jo, "I need x amount from you each month." Jo will say he has no problem giving her more, but with a new baby, he can't afford X, how about Y? Then Kail will blow her top and say, "Well then we'll just have to go to court because we can't come to an agreement!"

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 1

Did ya'll hear Leah stating as she staggered down to Chasity, "I'mh sick and tired of being sick and tired", while she looked zonked out of her head and wearing her hair in-a-oh-so-fetching rat nest side pony? If this isn't definitive proof that she has a major drug problem, nothing is. Every drug-addicted acquaintance I've ever had contact with (and there's been more than a few...) has uttered this proclamation. It's like the junkie mantra....

Edited by pheebs
  • Love 6

I really think both Jo and Kail dont realize how child support is calculated. Just because Kail wants to live in extravagance like a D list celeb doesnt mean Jo has to support it. I hope he spoke with a lawyer. I dont know if they've ever actually gone to court for child support calculations so that may be why they are clueless. There's no way he has to pay more than 600 or 700 dollars a month with Kail's teen mom money. When the show is over is when he has to worry because she won't get a job. Although Jo can then fight for more time to counter an increase.

Edited by ClassyCourtHeels
  • Love 6

IIRC, Vee was an assistant at a daycare which is like an $8/9 an hour job, so it's unlikely she has savings. I think that was part of why Jo was freaking out. Honestly, Vee having a baby was not a wise decision on her part. She can't afford it and she's going to have no help with childcare since she's three hours away from her family. I don't get the vibe from Jo that he's in it for life, whether they get married or not, and Isaac will get the lion's share of the child support since he's the first born. These girls are just dumb, dumb, dumb.

• Love 12

Leah dancing around the issue of going to "therapy" is getting baffling. Like when she said, "I can't wait until I get done with therapy so I won't be so tired anymore." Is there a "therapy" where you take a nap for a month and you're never tired again?

• Love 14

Did ya'll hear Leah stating as she staggered down to Chasity, "I'mh sick and tired of being sick and tired", while she looked zonked out of her head and wearing her hair in-a-oh-so-fetching rat nest side pony? If this isn't definitive proof that she has a major drug problem, nothing is. Every drug-addicted acquaintance I've ever had contact with (and there's been more than a few...) has uttered this proclamation. It's like the junkie mantra....

Yes, I thought she looked like something from the walking dead. The way the sun was beaming on her she looked like a zombie emerging from the hilltop to eat everybody. And I thought I heard one of the twins say, "Mama's gon be late." Then Leah walks up like some random derelict who was going to ask the blonde twin, "Hey kid, you got a cigarette?"

Lois Griffin's Sassy and Single t-shirt was hilarious.

I wish MTV would stop trying to pass off this mysterious "Kristin" as a friend of Barb's.

• Love 8

I second the poster up thread who was mortified that neither Janelle nor Barb accompanied Jace to the bathroom when they were at the restaurant. He's too little to go alone. About a month ago a 5 yr. old boy was sexually assaulted in the men's bathroom at a popular drugstore chain in my area while the parents waited for their prescriptions to be filled. No thank you.

Maybe the producers wanted him to leave so they can talk about custody

• Love 3

Kali and Leah make me sick with their child support! Good grief! I agree that the father should have to help take care of his child, but these girls make a lot of money from the show. Just because they are entitled up to 17% of the fathers income doesn't mean they have to take it. They can afford to take care of their kids. They most certainly do not need $1700 a month Leah. Look at Chelsea. She admits Adam doesn't pay and does just fine taking care of Aubree. Maybe she can teach you how to budget if you ask.

Jenelle should have walked Jace to the bathroom. When my son was that age he did not want to use the ladies room anymore. If we were out alone I would take him to the men's room and wait outside the door for him. That way if he needed anything I was right there to help him. It's not that difficult Jenelle. How are you going to handle custody if you can't even be bothered to take him to the bathroom?

• Love 5

Was 'Karl' originally a typo and then people just went with it? I find it to be one of my favorite things when I read a post and Karl is mentioned. Never fails to make me laugh!

I think it started out as an Autocorrect error and the nickname just ended up sticking, lol.

• Love 4
Did ya'll hear Leah stating as she staggered down to Chasity, "I'mh sick and tired of being sick and tired", while she looked zonked out of her head and wearing her hair in-a-oh-so-fetching rat nest side pony? If this isn't definitive proof that she has a major drug problem, nothing is. Every drug-addicted acquaintance I've ever had contact with (and there's been more than a few...) has uttered this proclamation. It's like the junkie mantra...

She was all, "Maybe when I come back from thirpy I won't be so taired all the time". 

Ummmm, because the drugs will be out of your system?

• Love 8
One thing thay makes me mad about Karl is that she rushed to marry Javi for those sweet military benefits. Now that she wants to grift more money off Jo, she's claiming that money is being taken from Javi's check for insurance, but that's a huge lie. When my husband was active duty he didn't get money taken out for insurance, all we paid for was dental and for a family of 5 we paid about $37 a month. All our medical care, vision and even our daughter's expensive speech therapy was fully covered by Tricare at no cost to us. So what is Karl talking about? Seems like just another lie to continue her grifter ways, she is pathetic and Kavi needs to wipe that smirk off his face because he's gonna be in Jo's shoes when Karl divorces him in the next few years.

That's what's been getting on my nerves about Kailyn making it seem like Javi is paying hundreds of dollars a month for Isaac's healthcare.  It's not true.  Remember, bitch?  This is why you pushed Javi to join the military--for the benefits.  Now you got 'em. 

After seeing Kailyn's new house, I'm wondering why they showed the house on tv.  I thought she had problems with "fans" with the other house, so why would she allow MTV to show the exterior of her house.  Also, I'm convinced she moved to "one up" Jo.  She probably moved to a nicer neighborhood, so that she can appear to have better than what Jo--and especially Vee, have. 

I really feel for Jo.  He slept with, and impregnated an animal, and now he has to deal with her for the rest of his life. ETA: All you young men out there.  Keep it in your pants! Or you could be Jo!

Edited by zenme
  • Love 6

That Aubree....whew. She can really take it out of you sometimes. Chelsea later mentioned she had just come from her weekend with Adumb, and that makes a lot of sense. Even with the perfect co-parenting situation that transition can be tough. I remember it when I was a kid. My parents were both great, loving, involved. I was never abused or neglected in any way. But the households were just different and it was always hard going back and forth. I remember my mom calling my first day back my "grumpy day". Aubree is only 5, so it's doubtful she even understands why she's feeling so grumpy, let alone is she able to verbalize it.

And couple that with the fact that she DOESN'T have the perfect co-parenting situation. It sounds like Adumb isn't even really around, what with Aubree mentioning his "too many girlfriends". And I can't really see the Linds providing discipline and structure, given how their progeny turned out.

Now, none of this absolves Chelsea. I'm sure she has her part in it. She tends to react to Aubree more like a peer, getting annoyed at their friend, than a mother. But I did feel for her in that minute. It's hard enough when your child has a meltdown in public, let alone on camera. Half the people watching are going to be like, "Spank that little brat's ass!" and the other half would call the police on you if you did. Parenting - the hardest thing in the world to do, but the easiest to criticize. I wish Chelsea luck. She means well, she just needs to get a little better handle on things. And it's hard when you're doing it alone. Cole is good for both of them, for sure, I just don't want her to put all of her eggs in that particular basket.

Jenelle. She just makes me stabby. Do you realize how pathetic you are? Begging for a dude to come back, who looks more interested in his breakfast platter than you? Move on. Pay attention to your kids for once in your life!

And the way she keeps taking those digs at Barb - "You're just a grandmother". Fuck. You. JUST a grandmother? First of all, grandmothers can be very important people in the lives of their grandchildren. But Barb isn't just a grandmother. She raised that little boy. Was she being just a grandmother when she was bathing infant Jace and putting him to bed, whilst you were clubbing with your girlfriends? Was she just a grandmother when you were off breaking into homes and sleeping off your high with Keefuh? Was she just a grandmother when you were crossing state line after state line on a stolen credit card? Was she just a grandmother when you were spending your nights in jail and your mornings in court? Was she just a grandmother when you were moving from home to home, the only constant in your life a pair of tacky, ceramic flip-flops?

Barb has been the only constant in that boy's life. And you act so fucking ungrateful. Maybe if Jenelle approached things differently, she'd get a different result. How about, ya know, sitting down and expressing gratitude for all of the things Barb has done? How about actually recognizing how hard this will be on Jace and Barb, instead of thinking only of yourself and how you want to LOOK like a good mom? How about being willing to take a slow transition? But no, she won't listen to what anyone else has to say.

You know, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm getting to the point where I don't know if Jenelle should even get Jace back. And I don't mean because she's still a dysfunctional piece of shit. I mean because too much time has past. At one point do we look at this child, and realize he's spent half of his childhood years in one home, with one person, and realize it would be incredibly damaging to force him to make an entirely new life? I don't know, I tend to think a few more years and it's simply too late. Jace has his life, and you fucked up. Sorrynotsorry.

Also, why was Jenelle in scrubs for court? Do they make you wear those in school? Or was she just trying to look professional?

Also, come on girls, a 5-year-old shouldn't be going to a public bathroom by himself!

Leah, if you're tired all the time, you might want to consider quitting drugs. Just saying.

I am just over her and this false "therapy" narrative. And I'm really freaking pissed that she has left her kids twice now. Damn her. She should have stuck it out the first time, so they didn't have to go through this again. I'm sorry, she loves those girls in the way you obligated to love people. But she does not truly put anyone before herself. I was furious when I heard her tell Gracie to go check on Addalynn, so she could mope in her room with her sister. Hey, your 5-year-old isn't the mother here! You are!

But hey, if you were truly interested, Addalynn appears to be organizing a rummage sale in the chaos you call a living room.

I laughed so hard at the "expect a miracle" sign. You're gonna need one.

Also, Germy has to pay $1700/month for child support? That is outrageous! Especially given where they live. I suppose it's based on his income, but damn. For one kid. Wasn't Corey paying roughly half of that for TWO? Leah really is on that child support train, isn't she? One more baby daddy and she's set for life.

Fucking Kail. "We've outgrown our house". Really, why is that? Because your massive ego and attitude can't fit in the door? Truly, that other house didn't look much bigger. But it's the perfect house! Until Jo moves in down the street, that is.

And I'm so sick of hearing about this "dent in Isaac's tuition". Hey, if you're having a hard time affording private school, maybe do without. I really would like to know if that was strictly Karl's idea, or was Jo allowed input on where his son went to school?

At any rate, Kail totally went into that meeting looking for a fight so she could say, "See? We can never agree. We'll just have to go to court". There's no way that grifter is going to take any less than the courts would give her. I don't know, people have to work things out in their own way, but it's so sad to see how exes fight about this crap. My parents didn't go to court. They worked it all out on their own. My dad agreed to pay for my school (yes, I attended private school, but it was only $200/year.) and all my medical care, while my mom covered basic bills and groceries. And then anything outside of that - clothes, school supplies, etc., she would give him a receipt and he would reimburse her. It worked out very well. Why? Because they were determined to put me first and not fight over silly crap my entire life. Trust me, they don't care for each other at all. But they made it work.

But Kail will never do that. She will squeeze Jo for every penny she can, and Javi will ride right along with it. He was pushing court even more than she was. Kail never had any attention of figuring it out on their own. That's why when Jo kept asking specifically what she needed, she never gave a number. I find it hilarious that Javi's all about it, because one day it will be him on the other side. Have fun, Javi!

Jenelle said that she had him every weekend for the past two years and Jace should be with her full time during the week and with Barbs for the weekend. Just imagine Jenelle actually getting up at the crack of dawn to take Jace to school, get him fed, dressed, doing hw, and putting him to bed in addition to kaiser. After a day she would call her mother complaining it's so hard and for her to take Jace back.

That's what's been getting on my nerves about Kailyn making it seem like Javi is paying hundreds of dollars a month for Isaac's healthcare. It's not true. Remember, bitch? This is why you pushed Javi to join the military--for the benefits. Now you got 'em.

After seeing Kailyn's new house, I'm wondering why they should the house on tv. I thought she had problems with "fans" with the other house, so why would she allow MTV to show the exterior of her house. Also, I'm convinced she moved to "one up" Jo. She probably moved to a nicer neighborhood, so that she can appear to have better than what Jo--and especially Vee, have.

I really feel for Jo. He slept with, and impregnated an animal, and now he has to deal with her for the rest of his life.

Please don't compare Karl to an animal. Animals well some actually raised their kids together. A mom animal wouldn't try to keep the dad animal away.

• Love 4

Leah...my job does work for those employees working on the pipeline, Jeremy's job, and those guys make a lot of money...way over $150,000 annually.  There is a calculation in each state based on income percentage and usually factors in first kid and then a supplement amount for each additional. So, Leah hit the jackpot there, but what most don't think of is that these pipeline jobs won't be paying that in about 3-5 years when majority of work is done and that is going to change income and the support payments. Better save up now, which is probably why Jeremy was always saying she is spending too much and he needs his savings.

Kail...Jo is probably scared of the court because a few years back when they wanted to move to Delaware, one thing mentioned was Jo's child support being lower then normal and she didn't fight it because Kail didn't want him toi fight her moving so far away and they even agreed then that she would be driving the further because of cost.  Jo has been seen wearing a red polo shirt a lot (and I remember once (?) he worked at a Staples job) and maybe still does which is why is was able to leave NEPA and go to Jersey and now Delaware with same employer, but he probably doesn't have the income (hourly) that Javi (salary) does. When factoring for child support, done usually every year, Kail doesn't have to include Javi's income (he is not the dad) and Teen Mom & book deal money is not every year and then the court would look at who is paying for child's needs and I also remember that Jo ∧ family) wanted to make sure Issac would be Catholic raised (he goes to a Catholic school, probably something that Kail agreed to when she wanted to move).  The court would also look at the fact that Issac's health insurance is covered by Kail's family plan. All that adds bck on to the calculations and not in Jo's favor, even with 50/50 custody. I am sure Jo spoke with attorney and was told all that and his paycheck would be paying more then the few hundred a month he is now.

Jenelle...she will be fighting for Kaiser soon enough (probably Nathan's family)

Chelsea...I think she just wants to make sure Aubree has the dad figure but said it herself, she loves her dad and will always defend him. Sad but true!

In my state my income was factored in. The reasoning being that my husband's total household expenses were less, with me contributing to our household.

• Love 3

That's a great point. Folks in the military generally don't pay a dime for their healthcare. Furthermore, even if they did, Javi is certainly on a family plan now with Lincoln. Not sure how all companies work but the cost is generally the same if you have one, two, three, etc kids and have a family plan. Likely another reason Kail didn't come with numbers. 0 for healthcare would have had her laughed out of the state.

I think she is just banking on Jo being completely ignorant in the matter and playing on his fears. I bet she won't go to court. She is just hoping Jo is stupid and trying to capitalize on that.

Javi is on Twitter telling a whole bunch of stuff. Someone pointed out to him that he doesn't pay for Tri Care and he called them ignorant that he does pay. He's also telling Jo's business. He claims Jo doesn't work. That he doesn't have a job.

• Love 3

They all need to go to court and let the judge determine the child support calculations, period.

I totally agree. I have said many times I don't really know much about custody, child support, etc. I've read some of your posts about handling it outside of courts and I genuinely think it's wonderful that even when a marriage or relationship ends, some couples can maintain a good rapport and handle their child support and custody as a family. That being said, it seems like that is the exception, not the norm. And I sure as hell would never recommend it to these girls.

Kail is a selfish bitch. There is no way around it. She'll take Jo for all she can, and I'm sure she'll find a way to say she didn't get his payments. (Especially if he pays cash, God help him, that would be stupid)

As far as Leah's custody of Adderall, that don't make no damn sense. If Jeremy makes as much money as we're led to believe, then he should pay a good amount for Adalynn, Especially if Leah has full custody. That, I'm okay with. But the "just call me when you're around" arrangement is bull. Couldn't he at least get every other weekend, and have her stay with his parents? I know some states have grandparent's rights where the grandparents can file for some kind of visitation, if they can prove that they were a significant part of the child's life. And we're given the impression that Jeremy's mom babysat a LOT, and didn't they live on the Calverts' property for awhile? I'm usually not a huge fan of grandparents rights, because I think (theoretically) that the parents judgement regarding the safety and welfare of their children should take precedence, but in cases like this (or Jenelle's) then it makes sense to me why those exist. If Jeremy sees Addy sporadically, and his visitation isn't documented, then if he tries to get more custody of her later Leah could claim that he had abandoned Addy.

I really think in cases where one or both parties has a history of lying, manipulating or substance abuse, then their child support and custody should be through the court, so there's no room to argue with "he-said, she-said." It hurts kids when their parents argue, whether they're together or apart. To me, having these things documented will cut down on those arguments.

• Love 5

$1700 for just one child, holy shit, Leah hit the jackpot! Between her MTV money and her child support Leah should be sitting pretty. It makes me sick that the rest of us have to struggle and work our asses off while she gets paid just for being a white trash slut.

Why would Leah drive herself to a hotel before her flight? That don't make no sense. I'm sure Leah loved it when Gracie threw a fit about her leaving. In her mind it just proves what a wonderful mother she is. Her poor babies can't live without her. I was so pissed when her mother brought Leah up at the restaurant. It's like they all love getting the kids worked up about their mother.

I had to fast forward the scene where Kali looked at the new house. She's so broke that she has to bleed every last penny out of Joe yet she needs a huge home with a pool. I do like that Joe doesn't react when she starts acting like a crazy person. She wants more money yet she can't even explain why exactly she needs it. How much damn money does Joe even make if he thinks it's a possibility that he might have to pay $5000 a month.

This Teen Mom shit has gotten out of hand. As much as I enjoy snarking on this show its time for the gravy train to end and for these girls to see what real life is like.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 8