Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Bread

• Start Topic

The method Beca used to knead her dough is awesome. (Lift, swing, and plop over: hard to describe without pictures.) I saw that in Richard Bertinet’s Dough (he has a bunch of instagram stories showing his method too), and it really works! Even on the wettest dough. 

I know she doesn’t go super far, but that made me root for her. 

On 12/31/2017 at 6:23 PM, RealityCheck said:
Spoiler

Beca was one of the final four bakers.

Spoiler

Thanks. I remembered she wasn’t a finalist, but not that she was a semifinalist! So much for “doesn’t go super far.”

Edited by Athena
Added spoiler tags
  • Love 1

bumping up an old episode as I'm watching this season now wow I've been in quarantine to long.  But this kind of bothered me while watching this old episode.

I didn't like how Sue (?) damaged the guys muffins and didn't confess until she had too when Paul said something. This was completely her fault and possibly effected the rest of his bake as he may have been distracted or wasted time trying to fix them.  At least Howard handled way better than I would have. I would have be slightly angry but more upset that it is now ruined.  They should have had her tell Paul and Mary right went the walked in that one constant food was damaged by the host and that they were allowed to discard the pieces (which he should have been allowed to do).  Luckily he did better the rest of the episode so this didn't matter.

Just discovered this series on Netflix and I've been binging on it.  Glenn would be someone I'd love to hang out with, and to be a cooking partner with him.  Love his personality.  Kimberley is another contestant who is a favorite of mine.  Ruby is just downright irritating to me.  A bundle of insecurities, and I cannot figure out how she made it into "the tent" after competing with other contestants.  

I've made English muffins in the past, but not for several years.  I'm getting inspired to drag out the ingredients and try them again.