Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Having a Bad Day

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I loved Loren's show group tryout.  A few half a$$ed leaps across the stage, and you're done!   It's kinda like what they do in comedies:  have a token clown inserted in with the pros (not saying Loren is a clown, but that was her character portrayal in this segment, in a Hollywood sense, of course..)

Edited by Dopeydwarf

I don't understand why they've started making everyone try out for show group. It didn't used to be like that. Some people probably can't even do show group due to the time commitment, so why bother making everyone tryout?

Ok, I'm waiting for someone to list show group! Come on ladies! Don't let me down!!!!! ;)

• Love 1

Megan C, TCC Amy...

I also thought Angela was upset about not making show group. She looked bummed out, like she just wanted to go home and cry. Wasn't she the one that mentioned returning mainly to try out for show group? Maybe she's ready to move on next year and was wanting to experience everything show group had to offer before leaving.

• Love 2

.Did Kitty actually say that Melissa was too "severe"??!?!?! Is that an insult? Seriously? Super strong and talented is a bad thing...or am I misinterpreting her?

I thought the same thing. maybe she means Melissa always does a "serious" piece instead of a light and cheery one?

Jennifer, Holly Holly (sp) Jenna Jinelle, Mary, Lacey, Melissa and i don't remember who else...

Ashley, TCC Amy, Megan C, Erica, the red head vet that blew out her knee one camp, and who is the pretty African American in the short bob? Edited by mardo4

How in the world did Megan B even make it to training camp??? There's no way she did well in panel interviews; she can't hold a conversation. She seems either stoned or just completely stupid when she talks. She just sits there with that dopey smile, not seeming to comprehend what anyone is telling her, and if she does contribute to the conversation she's not able to express herself clearly. I agree with everyone that she quit because she knew they were cutting her and she wanted it to look like it was her choice. Good riddance.

Overall, I'm not too impressed with the rookie class this year. Megan C. is really the only one who I think is 100% the total DCC package. And yes, that includes Holly. I know most people seem to love her, but in my opinion she has the dance skills and personality but not the look. 

I felt bad for Angela not making show group, and I also cringed when the guest choreographer was getting on her case about something that had nothing to do with the choreography. I kind of felt like the guest choreographer was overstepping her boundaries with the way she talked to Angela. Yes, Angela needs to know not to let a bad day ruin a performance. But this wasn't a performance; it was a practice. And that was a conversation for Kelli or Judy to have with her. Not someone who isn't even affiliated with DCC. I wonder if Kelli did call her into the office and they just didn't show it. 

• Love 2

I was wondering why Angela wasn't called in as well--and the twerking?And she looked PO'd after she didn't make show group, and carried that attitude out to the floor.I think not making it was her "bad day".

Even though they said Jinelle wasn't performing as well as last year, I thought she looked lovely.

And as for Megan's A&P remark, for me, A&P was a 5 hour class. when Kelli asked her if it was 3 hr, I didn't get her response. She just kept being ditzy.  It's just a class--It's not this huge encompassing thing that keeps you from the world. She really hacked me off when she came out of the office smiling.  Did you think you were fooling anyone?  What a loser!  i was glad when Kelli said she's not coming back.

I thought her smile looked genuinely happy.  I'm sure the thought of finally getting out of that caustic environment was a welcome relief to such a sweet, beautiful girl as her.  Now she can move on from rehearsing all day and night to focusing on a much more worthy endeavor, her education.  In the long run, it will be a bigger pay-off. I think!

• Love 1

How in the world did Megan B even make it to training camp??? There's no way she did well in panel interviews; she can't hold a conversation. She seems either stoned or just completely stupid when she talks. She just sits there with that dopey smile, not seeming to comprehend what anyone is telling her, and if she does contribute to the conversation she's not able to express herself clearly. I agree with everyone that she quit because she knew they were cutting her and she wanted it to look like it was her choice. Good riddance.

Overall, I'm not too impressed with the rookie class this year. Megan C. is really the only one who I think is 100% the total DCC package. And yes, that includes Holly. I know most people seem to love her, but in my opinion she has the dance skills and personality but not the look. 

I felt bad for Angela not making show group, and I also cringed when the guest choreographer was getting on her case about something that had nothing to do with the choreography. I kind of felt like the guest choreographer was overstepping her boundaries with the way she talked to Angela. Yes, Angela needs to know not to let a bad day ruin a performance. But this wasn't a performance; it was a practice. And that was a conversation for Kelli or Judy to have with her. Not someone who isn't even affiliated with DCC. I wonder if Kelli did call her into the office and they just didn't show it. 

Ya. I agree Megan C. has the whole package, and Holly is a great dancer.  I really like Angela and wish she would have made the show group.  As for Megan B, I think she has the DCC look and Kelly said last week that she was the judges favorite at auditions.  I don't think she would have made it this far if what they are saying is true.  I think they cut and splice the video to fit their storyline.

Not really episode related but just wondering....think there'll be another Vet mass exodus this year?

Why do you think that happened?  What do you think really goes on over there?

Wow at some of the girls. Amazing. I could watch an entire show of TCC Holly and veteran Melissa dancing. Lacey seems really talented too.

Cracking up over the bad national anthem singers! But it takes guts to get up there and try!

I agree! That's the whole reason I watch the show--is the dancing! 

I'm not as impressed with this year's rookies as in past seasons. I only see Megan as having the entire DCC package...dance technique, beauty, ability to speak/intelligence, etc. The more I see Holly, the less I'm convinced of her look. This saddens me since she is a wonderful performer who absolutely draws me in.

Holly appears to be a young 18 who already struggles more with her weight/body image than other DCC's. Her pictures look awkward as if somethings "off" with her neck or how she holds herself. Though cute, she is by no means bombshell
DCC. The small amounts of video I've seen from early game footage has her hair
really flat and her body almost that of a stocky gymnast vs slim, dancer.

Side note...recently saw TCC Madeline at a local dance studio. Wow, has she changed. Much lighter, softer hair with highlights. Almost didnt recognize her dancing since she I heard she has done nothing but hit various studios to improve technique. Good for her.

Edited by bigskygirl
Spoiler information-not seen on the show
  • Love 4

Vets: Jennifer, Jessica, Jinelle, Melissa, Lacey, Erica, Ashley, Rachel, Holly, Jacie, Kinzie, Kelsey, Mary, Jenna. TCCs: Megan, Holly, Amy T.

That's 17 names - didn't Kelly say they were a group of 12? Are there 5 alternates, or am I remembering wrong.

I felt bad for Angela for not making it - that would suck to come back for what you think is "one last year" and hoping to experience something like that and have them give spots to Rookies instead of you. Sounded like her turning down appearances that were offered to her in previous years had something to do with her not making it - guess the lesson is you better go to all the appearances offered to you even though they may be described as optional, cause they may hold it against you down the line.

• Love 2

Vets: Jennifer, Jessica, Jinelle, Melissa, Lacey, Erica, Ashley, Rachel, Holly, Jacie, Kinzie, Kelsey, Mary, Jenna. TCCs: Megan, Holly, Amy T.

Thank you!

That guest choreographer was obnoxious.

I was just about to post this exact statement- I found her to be incredibly obnoxious & full of herself.

I'm not as impressed with this year's rookies as in past seasons. I only see Megan as having the entire DCC package...dance technique, beauty, ability to speak/intelligence, etc. The more I see Holly, the less I'm convinced of her look. This saddens me since she is a wonderful performer who absolutely draws me in. Holly appears to be a young 18 who already struggles more with her weight/body image than other DCC's. Her pictures look awkward as if somethings "off" with her neck or how she holds herself. Though cute, she is by no means bombshell DCC. The small amounts of video I've seen from early game footage has her hair really flat and her body almost that of a stocky gymnast vs slim, dancer.

Side note...recently saw TCC Madeline at a local dance studio. Wow, has she changed. Much lighter, softer hair with highlights. Almost didnt recognize her dancing since she I heard she has done nothing but hit various studios to improve technique. Good for her.

I hope Madelyn comes back next year with a new look look and more confidence.

• Love 2

I agree I'm not as impressed with the rookie class this season. Last years class collectively had way more talent. Between Erica, Mary, Lacy and Melissa. I feel like they made some bad choices not taking back Christina and not giving a shot to Amy.

• Love 3

Megan truly did seem like a ditz, but I thought Kelli saying that she came here knowing she couldn't handle training camp and school was unfair.  She said she just started the class that day.  In my experiences, professors can scare the crap out of you on the first day regarding how difficult the class is going to be and how many hours you need to study a day just to keep up.  Plus, A&P is not a class you can blow off....combine it with the fact that it will be condensed for the Summer, that's a lot of material in a short period of time.  Also, when Kelli asked if that was 3 "hours," I don't think Megan was familiar with the words "hours" and "credits" being synonymous.  Anyway...I think it was entirely possible that Megan DID think she could handle both TC and class, but after the 1st day of class realized she couldn't. 

Not to sound mean, but they really need to use a different colorist for the makeovers; Kat's straw yellow color looked more like a "before" than an "after."

• Love 1

I agree I'm not as impressed with the rookie class this season. Last years class collectively had way more talent. Between Erica, Mary, Lacy and Melissa. I feel like they made some bad choices not taking back Christina and not giving a shot to Amy.

IMO Amy wouldn't have made it. Her kicks are worse than Taylor's, and they just would have ended up telling her that she's short and stocky in the uniform.

• Love 1

Kelli certainly did not like having the tables turned on her, but she herself said it would have been the same result. Regardless though, Megan B is just painfully awkward. The more she tried to act normal, the worse she looked.

It was nice to see a bit more of show group auditions this year (loved that Jackie Bob helped judge!!) and I agree with others that not everyone should be forced to audition.  There are enough girls who are dying to be on it to let a few that aren’t as technically gifted (i.e. Loren) be saved from embarrassment.  ESPECIALLY WITH THE SINGING.  Omg, SO SO PAINFUL.  I wonder what the heck they will do? No Jasmine, Jordan or Brittney this year.

Amy T is the new Jenny Kat lol  I don’t think Amy does wrong in their eyes! I agree though that she has wonderful facials and a great performance quality.  Megan C was also an obvious choice and even though Holly Marie may not have the ‘classic DCC look’ I still just love her.  Can’t help it!  Sometimes it’s like, ok, yeah, she’s 18 but other times she seems mature beyond her years.  I just think she will be one that really grows and develops her look over the years.  But again, she’s my favorite rookie so I’m biased :) 

Kat’s hair color is bad but it’s nice to see them feature someone who actually makes improvements!! I feel like we haven’t seen that since Mackenzie Lee!  Nice to see Kaleigh too for once.  I think she is so pretty but yeah…not really standing out so much yet.  Too bad they can’t have her work some of her bendy yoga tricks in LOL

Also…Selina.  WHO IS THAT.  I seriously had no idea she was in camp!!  And little Karen…poor girl.  You get eaten up by the boots there is no help for you.  She seems SO young and awkward but there is something about her I really like.  She seemed off in her dance last night but other times they’ve shown her she looks pretty good.  Dang, I wish we could see her solo!!! She reminds me so much of Jessica Allison but Jess had the advantage of being taller (long legs) and more poise and maturity in her dance (plus experience cheering in the NFL).  But the hair and look is so reminiscent!

The Megan B stuff was just WEIRD.  I really am baffled that they didn’t catch on to her sooner…like, before camp??? She must have been a male favorite in the interview or something.  And what was her solo like?? I kind of love that she beat them to the punch but yeah, really hope she never decides she wants to be a DCC because ain’t no way that’s happening.  Shades of Minchew!  She must be a nice girl though because I see her pop up on the other girls’ IGs, just hanging out.

The whole Angela part was weird. I have always loved her (still do!) but I was kind of surprised by the knowledge that she came back one more year hoping to do show group, yet we hear from one of the judges that in the past year or so Angela has been turning down opportunities and appearances.  Surely she would know from so many years on the squad that you have to step up constantly?? Obviously her ‘victory lap’ included SG and I hope not making it doesn’t ruin her last season.  She seems to love being a group leader before…was she ever one in the past? The twerking was odd too.  Just…hm.

I would have been SO sad if Jinelle hadn’t made it back to SG! I adore her…she seems like the sweetest girl and I love watching her perform.  Weird that they said she wasn’t as good as last year.  I know she also won a Barbie last year but didn’t this year.  I haven’t seen a difference but they would know!  And I know people are split on her looks but wow, I think she is stunning!!

It really will be interesting to see who retires this year.  Obviously Angela but I wonder who else?

Was that guest choreographer the dancer who was a mom and was coming back to try SYTYCD cause it was the dream she gave up when she became a mom? IIRC they gave her ticket to Vegas to her toddler son and had him walk it up to her on stage. I don't think she made the top 20, but she was a really good dancer in the contemporary style she did for her audition. ETA - yeah, she was who I was thinking of - this was her on SYTYCD -

I thought she was out of line yelling at Angela like that - poor Angela - I feel for her so much after that episode, first she doesn't make show group in spite of being a great dancer (she prob thought her chances were really good this year w/ all the vets leaving), and then K&J let some brand new guest choreographer chew her out in front of everyone for a mistake in practice - this is a 4-5 year vet, not a rookie TCC.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1

I'm not as impressed with this year's rookies as in past seasons. I only see Megan as having the entire DCC package...dance technique, beauty, ability to speak/intelligence, etc. The more I see Holly, the less I'm convinced of her look. This saddens me since she is a wonderful performer who absolutely draws me in. Holly appears to be a young 18 who already struggles more with her weight/body image than other DCC's. Her pictures look awkward as if somethings "off" with her neck or how she holds herself. Though cute, she is by no means bombshell DCC. The small amounts of video I've seen from early game footage has her hair really flat and her body almost that of a stocky gymnast vs slim, dancer.

I can see your point on Holly....I think if she wasn't one of the absolute best dancers/performers there they might have had her wait a year to grow into her looks more and maybe do some modeling for posing, etc.

That's so awesome to hear about Madeline! Would love to see her working on DCC style and getting her hair under control in time for next year!

• Love 2

If you've decided you're going to quit, why even come and subject yourself to hours of practice?  (Especially when you could have been studying.)  Call or send an e-mail.  Or, if you feel this must be done in person, pull one or both of K/J aside before practice starts or at the very beginning of practice.  Or, if none of that is possible, the news that you're pulling out of training camp should be what you lead with when called into the office; not telling them how you watched a video with Melissa.  Nope, I'm not buying that she had already made up her mind to quit -- like others, I think she quickly decided which way the conversation was going and decided leaving by her own choice was the only way to save face.  She seems like a very sweet girl, but maybe not a mental giant.  Oh well, good luck to her with her studies.   

• Love 7

OK, Megan really bit off more than she can chew trying to take A&P in the summer.  I'm a nurse and had to take A&P in the summer (many moons ago) so I could get my pre-reqs done before nursing school.  It was a LOT of work because you have such a short time to memorize a ton of information.  I don't know what possessed her to think she could handle an accelerated science course AND training camp at the same time.  It may be a 3 to 4 credit hour class (most have a required lab), but the amount of study time you need for it is much more.  It's one of those classes if you get behind at the beginning, it's pretty tough to catch up because the material builds on itself, e.g. you've got to know the bones to learn the muscles, memorize the cranial nerves, blood/heart/lungs circulation, etc.

I think Megan saw the writing on the wall and decided she was going to leave before they could give her the ax.  And her delivery didn't come across as gracious, more like self-preservation.  I don't know how young she is, but that's definitely something someone who is immature would do.  She just bit off more than she could chew and didn't own up to it before TC started.

I felt so bad for Karen.  She seemed like such a sweetheart, especially for someone so young.  It's hard when they don't show us ALL the TCCs so we have no idea how a person is doing throughout camp.  It's like an ominous, foreboding thing when they suddenly feature a TCC they haven't showed before.  More often than not, it doesn't end well.  K&J seemed to really like Karen, but they didn't tell her to re-audition.  I wonder if she will?  She seems like someone who would work hard to improve.

Robin is adorable!  Glad they finally featured her.  She & KaShara have such good personalities.

K&J keep saying Kat is improving.  I'm just not seeing it.  She doesn't seem to have a DCC look to me.  Her chin is always tucked, like it almost disappears.  She looks awkward to me.  Maybe they're seeing something that we're not seeing in the small clips we get?

I'm not sorry to see Shelby (Shelbi? not sure how she spells it) go.  She just didn't come across well.  She comes across as desperate and on the verge of being argumentative.  There's just a look on her face that reads as if she could probably be quite bitchy.  Maybe it's just me, but that's the vibe I get from her.  I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did.  

Glad to see Holly, Megan & Amy make Showgroup!  They really excelled at auditions.  I'm surprised that they make everyone sing.  Not everyone has the ability to do this.  You can be a great dancer, but not a singer.  You could be a great singer, but not a dancer.  It's tough to be truly good at both.  Usually one skill is much better than the other.  Some of those clips were cringe-worthy.  I love the vet that stopped and said "that was bad".  At least she had a sense of humor about it.

I'm surprised Taylor wasn't called in to the office.

I guess I'm in the minority. I liked the guest choreographer.  She was bluntly honest during critiques, but she actively went through the room giving positive feedback and encouragement (unlike Kitty).

Angela:  I was so surprised to hear that she had been turning down appearances.  I think that's what did her in the most.  What a shame, because I've always like her and I really wanted her to have an amazing 5th year.  It really did ruin her day and it was obvious that it carried over in to the rehearsal.  Poor girl :(

• Love 1

Karen is SO SHORT....why oh why didn't the salon cut her hair and give her bangs (she has the face for it).  It would have given her some sophistication and some sassiness. Sorry to see her go.  She seemed sweet.

Now that we are really seeing the results of the makeovers, the salon failed this year's TCC's.  I agree that some of the hair colors (and cuts) aren't the best.  Back in the day, the makeovers were truly makeovers and the girls were made to look their best.  Not so much this year.

Why would anyone sing in an audition when they cannot sing?  Are they all made to?  I doubt it so what the heck?

Edited by caligirl50
  • Love 5

I agree the make overs weren't that great this year. I thought most of the TCC looked better before they went to have it done! Some if the hair cot choices were bad.

I loved Karen. I thought she could have added some genuine fun and friendship to the team. She would have been fun to follow. Too bad. Didn't have the height.

Megan B was beautiful and I think became a victim of Kelli and Judy for the show. In other seasons they seem to label TCC into certain groups to make the show more interesting to watch. We heard nothing about her, then all at once Bam! They lowered the boom on her. REALLY? Doesn't that seem a bit WEIRD ( to use their word) of Kelli and Judi!!!

It's all fake and footage is clipped and pasted for tv.

Go get em Meagan B!. You had the courage to stand up to them and make a decision for what is right for you.

Not many people can do that!

• Love 1

Karen is SO SHORT....why oh why didn't the salon cut her hair and give her bangs (she has the face for it). It would have given her some sophistication and some sassiness. Sorry to see her go. She seemed sweet.

Now that we are really seeing the results of the makeovers, the salon failed this year's TCC's. I agree that some of the hair colors (and cuts) aren't the best. Back in the day, the makeovers were truly makeovers and the girls were made to look their best. Not so much this year.

Why would anyone sing in an audition when they cannot sing? Are they all made to? I doubt it so what the heck?

I agree about the makeover, or lack thereof, on Karen. Her hair was way too heavy, thick and longer than her - no style at all - it made her look 5 inches shorter than she was and needed styled big time. A shorter, much more layered style could have really made an improvement with how she looked in the uniform - it probably wouldn't have been enough cause she was still pretty stocky looking, but still - the makeover really let her down.

I agree w/ whoever said Holly has the body of a gymnast - or actually an out of shape gymnast cause there is a layer of fat on her gut that most of the other girls do not have. They are giving her look a pass cause she's an amazing dancer, cause her figure is not DCC. Short legs, long torso, borderline masculine IMO cause just too many thick muscles on her legs and arms.

The Megan B scene I think was funny - she turned the tables on them and quit before they could cut her instead of begging and crying for another chance like most of them. She was basically "I don't need this crap if they don't like me, I'm not changing who I am for them, I'm going to college anyway..." to them and K&J seemed to be really pissed that someone would have that attitude - they were saying that stuff like she better not come back here and almost as if they were going to make sure she she didn't dance anywhere else either. Megan got edited to look like the biggest ditz ever, and I'm wondering if they did that to her on purpose cause she quit on them? She certainly had a cute look and her dancing seemed fine to me - maybe I'll go watch her (and Karen's) fan vote videos to see.

Still can't get over poor Angela and the show group thing :/.

KaShara and Robin are adorable.

And the people not "knowing how to model" in the cameos - really? That's a big deal? The photographer can't pose them?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2

That sucks about Angela. However I think Angela has a legitimate actual career, right? Not "I staff the desk at Barre or sell Rodan and Fields". If that is the case, I can see how you find yourself in the position of having to turn down appearances - a lot. And I think points to some of the hypocrisy about bragging that all of the girls have "full time jobs or are students". Anyone with an actual career or any sort of demanding academic tract is going to barely be able to do the DCC minimum, let alone the extras.

If appearances are so critical, drop the BS about jobs and academics. Most people don't care anyway.

• Love 4

Am I wrong, but wasn't Angela one of the 4 group leaders announced in an earlier episode? Wouldn't it be odd for a group leader to not make show group if they tried out?

That's gotta sting being the only group leader not in show group. Turning down appearances was definitely her downfall there.

I looked at a picture of the rookie TCCs and there's 5 left to be cut.

I'm guessing 

Kyndall, Kaleigh, and Simone will be next. Courtney and Taylor will probably stay until the end and then get cut.

I sure Angela came back to try for SG. Probably the same reason some former long term DCCs (Sydney, Trisha T) came back in hopes to become PB cheerleader.

Didn't care for the guest choreographer. She said she's 29 (in video posted ) but looks older IMO.

Kelli was pissed at Megan B (because she couldn't cut her) and said she'll never be back here. I'm sure she's now on Kelli's black list of girls that will NEVER come back ( Meagan F, Kenley, Ika, Carla, Vivian, etc). Kelli's thing about taking a TC spot away is kind of stupid IMO. Another girl could have gotten it and still got cut. EX: Both Michew sisters dropped out and they brought back Kaime who got cut anyway.

I noticed Kelli nor Judy did not encourage Karen to audition again next year. They usually say it when it's someone they really like.

Shelbi needs to stick with the TSD or maybe a lesser team (TLD, AAIA, DSIG).

Edited by MrsEVH

OK, Megan really bit off more than she can chew trying to take A&P in the summer.  I'm a nurse and had to take A&P in the summer (many moons ago) so I could get my pre-reqs done before nursing school.  It was a LOT of work because you have such a short time to memorize a ton of information.  I don't know what possessed her to think she could handle an accelerated science course AND training camp at the same time.  It may be a 3 to 4 credit hour class (most have a required lab), but the amount of study time you need for it is much more.  It's one of those classes if you get behind at the beginning, it's pretty tough to catch up because the material builds on itself, e.g. you've got to know the bones to learn the muscles, memorize the cranial nerves, blood/heart/lungs circulation, etc.

I think Megan saw the writing on the wall and decided she was going to leave before they could give her the ax.  And her delivery didn't come across as gracious, more like self-preservation.  I don't know how young she is, but that's definitely something someone who is immature would do.  She just bit off more than she could chew and didn't own up to it before TC started.

I felt so bad for Karen.  She seemed like such a sweetheart, especially for someone so young.  It's hard when they don't show us ALL the TCCs so we have no idea how a person is doing throughout camp.  It's like an ominous, foreboding thing when they suddenly feature a TCC they haven't showed before.  More often than not, it doesn't end well.  K&J seemed to really like Karen, but they didn't tell her to re-audition.  I wonder if she will?  She seems like someone who would work hard to improve.

K&J keep saying Kat is improving.  I'm just not seeing it.  She doesn't seem to have a DCC look to me.  Her chin is always tucked, like it almost disappears.  She looks awkward to me.  Maybe they're seeing something that we're not seeing in the small clips we get?

I'm not sorry to see Shelby (Shelbi? not sure how she spells it) go.  She just didn't come across well.  She comes across as desperate and on the verge of being argumentative.  There's just a look on her face that reads as if she could probably be quite bitchy.  Maybe it's just me, but that's the vibe I get from her.  I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did.  

I'm surprised Taylor wasn't called in to the office

I have some serious doubts that Megan will be able to handle any type of college level science class, especially one like A&P, even if she doesn't have training camp. She just seemed so vacant.    I know that scenes can be cut to fit the story but man ... that girl was downright goofy!  Even in her interviews she was just seemed to be floating in her own little bubble.  And they can't completely manufacture stuff when editing.  They need to work with what the people give them and she gave them a lot.

Karen did seem like a sweetie but I think they didn't encourage her to try again next year because you can't fix short.  And that girl was SHORT.  As K&J said, those boots just SWALLOWED her legs.

I totally agree with you on Kat - I absolutely do not see her improving and her look is odd.  Like a human mouse with all the sharpness.  If she makes it I don't think I will ever be a fan.  Also agree with you about Shelbi.  I never really warmed to her and when you add that she quit a good job to do this AND invoked the names of Breelan and Ashley Pro as DCCs she felt she was as talented as?  Oh dear.

I'm also confused about Taylor.  Why are they keeping her around when I can see zero improvement on those kicks.  If you haven't gotten more flexible by this point, it isn't going to happen.  K&J need to cut bait with her.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 2

Shelbi disappointed me when she quit her job and I stopped rooting for her at that point - her trying to name drop other cut DCCs and TCC made it even worse. She didn't have the dance backhround to be a DCC and she was just trying to fake it hoping her association w/ one of the top teams in All Star Cheer would carry her - I'm actually a bit glad it didn't work - they aren't the same thing!

• Love 3

I have some serious doubts that Megan will be able to handle any type of college level science class, especially one like A&P, even if she doesn't have training camp. She just seemed so vacant. I know that scenes can be cut to fit the story but man ... that girl was downright goofy! Even in her interviews she was just seemed to be floating in her own little bubble. And they can't completely manufacture stuff when editing. They need to work with what the people give them and she gave them a lot.

Karen did seem like a sweetie but I think they didn't encourage her to try again next year because you can't fix short. And that girl was SHORT. As K&J said, those boots just SWALLOWED her legs.

I totally agree with you on Kat - I absolutely do not see her improving and her look is odd. Like a human mouse with all the sharpness. If she makes it I don't think I will ever be a fan. Also agree with you about Shelbi. I never really warmed to her and when you add that she quit a good job to do this AND invoked the names of Breelan and Ashley Pro as DCCs she felt she was as talented as? Oh dear.

I'm also confused about Taylor. Why are they keeping her around when I can see zero improvement on those kicks. If you haven't gotten more flexible by this point, it isn't going to happen. K&J need to cut bait with her.

I have some serious doubts that Megan will be able to handle any type of college level science class, especially one like A&P, even if she doesn't have training camp. She just seemed so vacant. I know that scenes can be cut to fit the story but man ... that girl was downright goofy! Even in her interviews she was just seemed to be floating in her own little bubble. And they can't completely manufacture stuff when editing. They need to work with what the people give them and she gave them a lot.

Karen did seem like a sweetie but I think they didn't encourage her to try again next year because you can't fix short. And that girl was SHORT. As K&J said, those boots just SWALLOWED her legs.

I totally agree with you on Kat - I absolutely do not see her improving and her look is odd. Like a human mouse with all the sharpness. If she makes it I don't think I will ever be a fan. Also agree with you about Shelbi. I never really warmed to her and when you add that she quit a good job to do this AND invoked the names of Breelan and Ashley Pro as DCCs she felt she was as talented as? Oh dear.

I'm also confused about Taylor. Why are they keeping her around when I can see zero improvement on those kicks. If you haven't gotten more flexible by this point, it isn't going to happen. K&J need to cut bait with her.

Hello....tv and film can do ANYTHING with the film. Yes, even manufacture footage. What REALLY HAPPENED is NOT what you are watching. Everyone knows that.

That sucks about Angela. However I think Angela has a legitimate actual career, right? Not "I staff the desk at Barre or sell Rodan and Fields". If that is the case, I can see how you find yourself in the position of having to turn down appearances - a lot. And I think points to some of the hypocrisy about bragging that all of the girls have "full time jobs or are students". Anyone with an actual career or any sort of demanding academic tract is going to barely be able to do the DCC minimum, let alone the extras.

If appearances are so critical, drop the BS about jobs and academics. Most people don't care anyway.

Just skimmed through season 6, episode #1.  Angela said she graduated with a Bachelors in chiropractic science. Don't know if she did that while being a DCC.

Have any of the girls cut (so far)  auditioned for any other teams? I know Shelbi went back to the TSD.

Edited by MrsEVH

I also think sometimes Kelli and Judy make these decisions like not taking Angela on Show Group despite making her a group leader, or cutting Jasmine as a three year vet, or saying there aren't enough great TCCs to get to a team of 36, to make them seem hard ass and all powerful, and in reality they are just poor reflections on their ability to judge and lead.

If Angela isn't good enough for show group, she isn't good enough to be teaching and entire group to dance and "assisting Judy with the choreography" as Kelli herself descrobed So they screwed up somewhere there.

Jasmine didn't gain weight. Her dancing was always mediocre, it didn't get worse. So if she wasn't good enough this year, she wasn't good enough the years prior when you took her.

If you can't get to 36, it's because you didn't put the right people in training camp to begin with.

• Love 4

I looked at a picture of the rookie TCCs and there's 5 left to be cut.

I'm guessing 

Kyndall, Kaleigh, and Simone will be next. Courtney and Taylor will probably stay until the end and then get cut.

I sure Angela came back to try for SG. Probably the same reason some former long term DCCs (Sydney, Trisha T) came back in hopes to become PB cheerleader.

Didn't care for the guest choreographer. She said she's 29 (in video posted ) but looks older IMO.

Kelli was pissed at Megan B (because she couldn't cut her) and said she'll never be back here. I'm sure she's now on Kelli's black list of girls that will NEVER come back ( Meagan F, Kenley, Ika, Carla, Vivian, etc). Kelli's thing about taking a TC spot away is kind of stupid IMO. Another girl could have gotten it and still got cut. EX: Both Michew sisters dropped out and they brought back Kaime who got cut anyway.

I noticed Kelli nor Judy did not encourage Karen to audition again next year. They usually say it when it's someone they really like.

Shelbi needs to stick with the TSD or maybe a lesser team (TLD, AAIA, DSIG).

EDITED: Why hasn't Stephanie been featured yet? When they do show her it's for a quick glimpse. I don't think I've heard her talk yet. Maybe she didn't want to be featured ( like Vanessa J or Carey D in season 4).

Edited by MrsEVH

Angela got her degree before auditioning for DCC I believe. And she does have a career as a sports massage therapist, plus a husband and wasn't she planning her wedding last year?

Seems to me some of those "optional opportunities" she turned down in the past (that whole sequence blew by me when I was watching I guess, thought it was current, lol) may have been due to legitimate conflicts. I hate to see that she was likely punished for it. But that is the DCC way I suppose.

Put me in the group that wasn't impressed with the guest choreographer last night. Where is DJ this year? Next week they're on the field and the week after is the finale right? I missed my DJ time. Did he and the DCC have a falling out and I missed it?

Edited by SanLynn

If an appearance is optional, and someone turns it down cause they have personal conflicts, and you later hold that against them when they try to do something else, then it really wasn't "optional", was it? - and its actually kind of underhanded to do that IMO. Like setting someone up so that the organization has a card up their sleeve to use as an excuse for why they screw you out of something down the line (this case Angela and show group). Maybe Angela has a different schedule this year, or maybe she freed up her schedule specifically for SG, so her not doing optional appearances in the past may have nothing to do w/ what her committment would be this year. And as a 5 year vet she at least deserves the benefit of the double over Rookies cause who knows what their committment will really be - at least Angela has shown her committment to DCC by being their for as many years as she has - these rookies could leave after 1 year for all they know.

It also could be that Kitty doesn't like Angela and she had input in the SG decisions, but didn't have the same for GL. I'm sure the DCC has its politics when it comes to these things just like all workplaces do.

• Love 2

On the link it looked like she was picture #34 of 37. She looks so much like Lauren Graham in that picture, IMO.

She did look like Lauren Graham. Her hair is still too dark, but I think she looked a ton better than most of the other candidates in that slide show - geesh, I thought the Laker Girls had tougher appearance requirements than that - the DCC really must be the ultimate when it comes to wanting the total package when it comes to pro sports dance.

On the link it looked like she was picture #34 of 37.  She looks so much like Lauren Graham in that picture, IMO.

She looks great! Still too dark of a hair color but better than it was...and the style looks more flattering too.

If an appearance is optional, and someone turns it down cause they have personal conflicts, and you later hold that against them when they try to do something else, then it really wasn't "optional", was it? - and its actually kind of underhanded to do that IMO. Like setting someone up so that the organization has a card up their sleeve to use as an excuse for why they screw you out of something down the line (this case Angela and show group). Maybe Angela has a different schedule this year, or maybe she freed up her schedule specifically for SG, so her not doing optional appearances in the past may have nothing to do w/ what her committment would be this year. And as a 5 year vet she at least deserves the benefit of the double over Rookies cause who knows what their committment will really be - at least Angela has shown her committment to DCC by being their for as many years as she has - these rookies could leave after 1 year for all they know.

It also could be that Kitty doesn't like Angela and she had input in the SG decisions, but didn't have the same for GL. I'm sure the DCC has its politics when it comes to these things just like all workplaces do.

I don't think it's Kitty out to get her...didn't she feature Kitty in her solo at auditions? I think she and Kitty have a great relationship but I have no idea about the others. 

And I agree, she deserves the benefit of the doubt over, say, Mary.  Please don't get me wrong, I love Mary.  She is a cute dancer and seems like an amazing person. But they were on the fence with her at the SG auditions too and she got it over Ang?  So there must be stuff behind the scenes that we don't see.

Maybe I need to rematch, which I will, but I didn't have too much of a problem with the guest choreographer telling Angela that her job is to sell the performance no matter what is going on. Isn't that what performing is all about? I'm sure many a performer has had a bad day before a performance, but I as the audience should not see that. Now I do understand that she was probably upset about not making SG, but she looked really, noticeably off during that performance. Like she didn't put in as much effort and power. I do feel bad for her.

I think Megan B did take an offensive position with regards to her being cut. If I knew I had to take such a demanding class in the short summer curriculum, I would finish school, or at least that class before trying out. I'd take dance classes in the meantime to work on my dance and performance. I can't say cause I don't know her but it did look like she just decided to quit before they could cut her. And I'd be kinda pissed too. She wasn't going to make the team, it was pretty clear, but they did take her into training camp for whatever reason. Probably her looks as much as anything. And she did look vacant a lot.

And if I tell you over and over again to come out of your shell, smile and look like you're having fun and you still cannot improve on that, then there's a problem. If you have the steps, then you should be able to perform them with a smile and confidence and show me that you are a performer. So it surprises me when the girls say "if you give me one more chance, I promise I 'lol come back showing my power, personality, etc.". You've had weeks. Now I get you're probably overwhelmed, but if you have the routine then I need you to perform so I like watching you. Now I have no dance training so maybe I just don't get it but I'm just saying. And I'm sorry but I don't see how Emily, Megan B or Madeline made it to training camp with the critiques they keep getting.

• Love 2

Megan B seems to be the victim of thin lips and crowns or something from the dentist. I've got crowns and they have altered my lips and smiling somewhat because they seem to push out some. I have full lips but if yours are thin, they can seem to be stretched if that makes any sense.

Love Robin and Holly. I think Holly has the DCC look, at least to me. She's powerful, smiley and I think cute. That's about all I need. LOL!

Edited by VintageJ
  • Love 2

I keep thinking of new things to say, but I think the pace of DCC is what overwhelms a lot of them. Shelby said she's used to practicing and perfecting one dance and here they have to learn a dance a night and perfect it in a short amount of time on top of learning a new one the next night.

I don't have too much sympathy for some of these girls because they have had season after season to see what DCC wants from their cheerleaders. Why you come to auditions not toned, flexible and with some serious dance training is beyond me. Now I get that you cannot lose weight, get toned and learn everything in a minute, month or two. But you didn't see any seasons before? If you're not flexible, trained or toned, then get on it and try out when you are at your best. They are moving down here to try out, which requires much prep, but you don't stretch to get your splits? I know it takes time, but if this is your dream, you'll do anything, etc., then prepare before you line up for auditions. This is season 10! The competition is fierce!

And you cannot be a shy wallflower. That is not DCC!

• Love 3

I sent a twit to Miss Kitty about all the girls trying out for Show Group (is it required for TC candidates and vets.) She said it's optional 2B considered but all go through the process #testingtough then U can show additional talents 4 consideration.