Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Having a Bad Day

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Cameos and Show Group auditions push the new girls and vets to their limits. Meanwhile, Melissa Rycroft tries to save a DCC who is hanging by a thread; and a shocking outcome occurs from a Kelli office visit.

I bet one of the TCCs drops out during the office visit.

• Love 1

I wish they would show us some of the TCCs we've never seen.  Like the girl from Mexico - it seems like she would be an interesting story, coming to the US to audition, or whatever her story is.  And the other Amy - never heard a word about her.   Robin they've mentioned maybe once or twice.  I'm sure there are more that I don't even know their names.  

• Love 1

Sneak peek for those who can't bear to wait until tonight. Looks like a glimpse at show group auditions... http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/1238975/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-1006-sneak-peek.jhtml?id=1737839

Wow at some of the girls. Amazing. I could watch an entire show of TCC Holly and veteran Melissa dancing. Lacey seems really talented too.

Cracking up over the bad national anthem singers! But it takes guts to get up there and try!

• Love 3

I would watch all the best dancers perform all their dances. Focusing on the best girls, It makes it easier to see the difference between them and the strugglers from previous seasons. Such a vast difference between Melissa and Vivian or Breelan.

I'm worried about the shocking visit. Who have we seen that it could be? Who is really in trouble? They already cut the girls that I knew were struggling.

Maybe the girl they called in to talk to all of them that was under so much pressure. Kitty said she was going to explode. Don't remember who that was.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 1

Yikes - she looked terrible.  But bless her heart for getting up and trying. 

That just goes to show, you really can't go by how well someone can do DCC choreography based on their solos/technical skills.

• Love 1

...just put this in the other thread bc I didn't see this one was opened already :-)

...Loren? wow.  really bad. Like Chelsea-bad.

...Did Kitty actually say that Melissa was too "severe"??!?!?! Is that an insult? Seriously? Super strong and talented is a bad thing...or am I misinterpreting her?

... Who the heck is twerking? And why in heaven's name would you think that would be a good thing to do in front of Kelli and Kitty?

... Robin and Holly are awesome.  Love them.

...Which vets fell? The montage is so fast I can't see :-(

• Love 1

From the preview video Taylor looked really good. Melissa looked amazing. The standing tuck and the aeriel shown both looked like crap. Holly can clearly turn like a top and has great technique and power, but what I noticed when watching that was how long her torso is in relationship to her legs and how her figure is a tiny bit masculine - and she does have a bit of a gut compared to all the other girls shown (half of which I couldn't ID cause of the fast editing).

The singers all did a heck of a lot better than I could do with that line of that song ;) - I applaud them for trying their best. It's a dance team audition so no biggie if they can't sing anyways. Maybe they have some talented singers to replace after all the vets they lost so they want everyone to at least give it a try.

Can't wait for the episode!

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1

... Who the heck is twerking? And why in heaven's name would you think that would be a good thing to do in front of Kelli and Kitty?

...Which vets fell? The montage is so fast I can't see :-(

It appears that the twerker was Angela. She can get away with it. I don't think she wanted to be on show group, honestly.

The vets who fell...it looks like Victoria might be one and Jessica was definitely one

• Love 1

I wish they would show us some of the TCCs we've never seen.  Like the girl from Mexico - it seems like she would be an interesting story, coming to the US to audition, or whatever her story is.  And the other Amy - never heard a word about her.   Robin they've mentioned maybe once or twice.  I'm sure there are more that I don't even know their names.  

I hate that we've missed out on girls that should have been shown in the past when the show easily could have, but with 26 TCC this year I think it's unlikely we'll see everyone, at least more than just a fleeting glimpse.  I'd be happy if I'm wrong though.

Thoughts after first 15-minute segment:

I like that Melissa is doing sessions with an experienced vet like Holly.  That makes them much more useful.

Also, worried about Megan B making it through this episode.  She is legit beautiful, but her interviews are not helping her.

ETA: Nevermind, did not see the next exchange coming where she pulled out.

Edited by Aegolius
  • Love 2

I think Megan B's response was weak... it was a passive aggressive move.  That said, I DID think it was funny to see the tables turned on Kelli for once (like you watch a car wreck, you know it's wrong but you just have to look).  It reminded me of the girl who was called out for being overwhelmed and then when she sent an email stating she was pulling out because she was overwhelmed Kelli was mad for DCC because it "took a spot for someone else".  Well, not really when you were going to cut her anyway for being overwhelmed, chasing the music, etc.  In the case of Megan B she was very timid and not convincing and yes, "dreamy" and not in the complimentary way! 

Oh, I am so glad they showed more of Robin.  She is one of my faves!

• Love 4

I just don't think Angela's heart is in it anymore. She's married, over 30 and ready to focus on a family I think. Is she even still there? A lot of people have asked where she has been as she hasn't been seen in awhile.

• Love 1

Anybody think she's really taking A&P?  I'm wondering.....

They said 3 credits.  I could work full time and take a 3 credit class.  I guess it took up too many of her brain cells.  No idea how she passed panel interviews...but I would have cut her last episode because he responses were already odd.

• Love 2

So, ppl who follow this more closer than I do... Does show group work this way where they announce show group with rookies before they announce the team?  So, basically if you make show group as a rookie you know you are on the team?

So, ppl who follow this more closer than I do... Does show group work this way where they announce show group with rookies before they announce the team?  So, basically if you make show group as a rookie you know you are on the team?

In the past rookies on SG have been announced as alternates.  Still, I think it's fair to say if you're a rookie and you've made SG, you're on the team.  Barring something like a catastrophic injury or moment of stupidity.

• Love 4

They've made it clear that even rookies aren't guaranteed to make team.  One year they said they were 'alternates', but not sure if that is still the case.

• Love 1

Omg. Karen in the uniform. I felt so badly for her during the cameo shoot. Just not the right look at all.

And her really dreadful poses.  And smiles.  It was all so uncomfortable looking.  

I so love the fact that Kelli has a Trapper Keeper folder in her office!  Can you still buy those or is that vintage???? :D

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 4

When I read A&P in relation to school, there were only two thoughts in my head: Anatomy & Physiology and Airframe & Powerplant.  Granted, I haven't see the episode yet (have to wait until tomorrow for that), but I know of at least one school in the area where you are asked which one you're talking about if you throw out A & P, but I work in education so I think that way.  I'll wait to see the episode before making more comments, though.

Angela seems totally over DCC, at least in this episode. Sounds like she came back to make show group, but has been turning down appearances and missing other events as well.

Wonder why that wouldn't have gotten her in trouble or cut before now?

• Love 1

I was wondering why Angela wasn't called in as well--and the twerking?And she looked PO'd after she didn't make show group, and carried that attitude out to the floor.I think not making it was her "bad day".

Even though they said Jinelle wasn't performing as well as last year, I thought she looked lovely.

And as for Megan's A&P remark, for me, A&P was a 5 hour class. when Kelli asked her if it was 3 hr, I didn't get her response. She just kept being ditzy.  It's just a class--It's not this huge encompassing thing that keeps you from the world. She really hacked me off when she came out of the office smiling.  Did you think you were fooling anyone?  What a loser!  i was glad when Kelli said she's not coming back.

• Love 2

I feel like Angela was just so upset about show group that she had a really bad night but then I'm an Angela apologist. 

I'm surprised to read though that she's been pulling out of appearances and events. That doesn't seem like her, especially with being a group leader and all. I don't know her personally or anything just what I've seen on the show so I could be off.

Still I wouldn't think Kelli and Judy would put up with that so if she keeps that up I can't see her lasting the season. I'm surprised they haven't nipped that in the bud already.

Hopefully she can get it together enough to earn her 5 year gifties and then move on. If she's already over it mentally though it's going to be one heck of a long season for her and her group.

When I said I wanted to see more of Angela this year this wasn't it.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 3

Thoughts after first 15-minute segment:

I like that Melissa is doing sessions with an experienced vet like Holly.  That makes them much more useful.

. I agree. I like Melissa's segments and role a lot more this season.
  • Love 4

And her really dreadful poses. And smiles. It was all so uncomfortable looking. :D

. No idea. It could be camera angle, but I got the impression her smile is crooked. who even knew Karen was IN training camp? I hate the formatting where they introduce someone and then cut her. I am not invested in her at all as a person. The beauty of this show is to pull for the underdog or yell at the screen because Kelli keeps them a session too long...we have been robbed of that with the new pace of the show. Edited by mardo4

I could have sworn Shelbi made the team.......I'm behind.....

. I liked her but she has a cheer not dance background. That puts you at a disadvantage and you are having to pull up from behind to compete at that level. I do think she is the first one they said come back next year, so that is encouraging.