Type keyword(s) to search

Watch An Emotional Preview From Kris And Caitlyn's Confrontation In The I Am Cait Finale

Primetimer

I beg your pardon, you didn't get included in an article that WASN'T ABOUT YOU, so you punitively kept your ex from going to her own daughter's graduation? Because exes don't do everything together? She wasn't asking you to include her in your Christmas card, and you screwed her and your daughter out of having that together.

In short, Team Cait, Kris Jenner sucks.

• Love 3

It wasn't clear from the clip, but was Caitlyn also not invited to the graduation ceremony, or just not invited to a party hosted by Kris? The ceremony would have been Kylie's responsibility--the party would have been up to Kris.

Of course, it would' ve been nice if Kris asked Kylie if she wanted to have her other parent there and if the answer was yes, to invite Caitlyn.

In many divorces there is too much awkwardess and /or drama, at least in the beginning, to expect everyone to just "get over it." Therefore, separate celebrations are planned.

• Love 3

Divorce can be a mean and dirty situation.  I think these two are still working through their divorce, and regardless of Caitlyn's gender-transition, I think they would use their kids to hurt one another.  I know about a half a dozen kids who had two graduation parties because their parents didn't want to be around each other.  On a side note, Caitlyn should title her book, "Don't Go There" or better yet, "Finally, We Can Go There".  She really needs to stop using that phrase when she doesn't want to talk about something.  It is very obnoxious.

• Love 5

It wasn't clear from the clip, but was Caitlyn also not invited to the graduation ceremony, or just not invited to a party hosted by Kris? The ceremony would have been Kylie's responsibility--the party would have been up to Kris.

Of course, it would' ve been nice if Kris asked Kylie if she wanted to have her other parent there and if the answer was yes, to invite Caitlyn.

In many divorces there is too much awkwardess and /or drama, at least in the beginning, to expect everyone to just "get over it." Therefore, separate celebrations are planned.

Good point - hopefully things will be clarified on the show.

I beg your pardon, you didn't get included in an article that WASN'T ABOUT YOU, so you punitively kept your ex from going to her own daughter's graduation? Because exes don't do everything together? She wasn't asking you to include her in your Christmas card, and you screwed her and your daughter out of having that together.

In short, Team Cait, Kris Jenner sucks.

Team Neither of Them, I say.  The Internet tendency to divide us, the Peanut Gallery, into sides is too binary in nature for me. In real life both sides can be right, or as I think is the case here, both sides can be wrong.  This is a pair of horrible people, where I'm sure they both contributed a lot of dysfunction. But not in that way where (as with a lot of couples) it evened things out. Oh no. With these two it was like dumping a Cobra and a Scorpion into the same pit.

• Love 5

It wasn't clear from the clip, but was Caitlyn also not invited to the graduation ceremony, or just not invited to a party hosted by Kris?

The party at Kris's house was the party & ceremony in one. Kylie didn't have a formal ceremony. 

Maybe Kylie and Kendall didn't want their party to be awkward with Cait there. Making it about Cait being there instead about just celebrating with their friends. I don't think it's all on Kris if Caitlyn really wasn't told about the party. Plus the party was being filming for KUWTK and Cait's on her own show and was filming I am Cait.

• Love 2

I blame Kylie for some of this… she could say she wanted Cait there… or at least tell Cait she wanted her there, but Kris said no.

I have a feeling the Ks never really talk to each other.

The party was a surprise so Kylie is not to blame. While I agree that Kris's behavior sucks, it is not uncommon for divorced parents. My husband and I flew across the country to attend his daughter's graduation, which she invited us to, but we were not invited to the party, which was put on by her mother. Her mother also used to listen in on all the daughter's phone conversations with her dad and tell her what to say, e.g, "no, I don't want to spend Christmas with you Dad." We know this because now she is an adult and feels free to tell us this happened without fear of punishment from mom.

It is really sad how parents can us their kids to hurt each other, but don't blame the kids. Parents have the power in this dynamic, and the parent that the kid lives with can really control the situation.

• Love 2

Just what did Kris do in the raising of Kylie and Kendall? Caitlyn spent 3 to 4 hours a day carpooling and driving kids to their activities? Sorry, but that's ridiculous.  

I recall Kendall saying it was 45 minutes to school, so that's and hour and a half in the morning and another 1.5 hours in the afternoon, 3 hours a day minimum.

Did Kris have a job back then, or was this a way for Caitlyn to distract herself? 

Edited by iwasish

The party at Kris's house was the party & ceremony in one. Kylie didn't have a formal ceremony. 

Maybe Kylie and Kendall didn't want their party to be awkward with Cait there. Making it about Cait being there instead about just celebrating with their friends. I don't think it's all on Kris if Caitlyn really wasn't told about the party. Plus the party was being filming for KUWTK and Cait's on her own show and was filming I am Cait.

Oh, I see. I had assumed there was some kind of formal graduation " walk" put on by her school. I agree about the awkwardness and perhaps it was Kylie who agreed with Kris on not including Caitlyn for that reason. At any rate, Caitlyn could have done something on her own to celebrate with Kylie (maybe she did)?

The party was a surprise so Kylie is not to blame.

I don't think it was that much of a surprise. It was scheduled to be filmed for the show and Kylie was posting photos of herself in a cap and gown before there was anyone even there. I think there was time if anyone thought, "hey should we call dad? Is dad invited?" I think if Kylie and Kendall wanted their father there, they could have had her there. Just like Cait was at all of Kylie's birthday events, just two weeks later after the graduation.

Since it's the same production company doing both shows filming at the same time, wouldn't be surprised if it was always scripted or planned for Cait to not attend the KUWTK grad party so they can have a special "Caitlyn comes to KUWTK" episode.  Or for even to film this "Cait cries over not being invited" scene in the big Kris/Caitlyn grand season finale meeting.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Just what did Kris do in the raising of Kylie and Kendall? Caitlyn spent 3 to 4 hours a day carpooling and driving kids to their activities? Sorry, but that's ridiculous.  

I recall Kendall saying it was 45 minutes to school, so that's and hour and a half in the morning and another 1.5 hours in the afternoon, 3 hours a day minimum.

Did Kris have a job back then, or was this a way for Caitlyn to distract herself? 

Coming out of lurkdom to say that if Caitlyn was as hands on with the kids as she says and I have no reason to doubt her, this could easily be true. I stay at home with my kids and most weekdays I am driving to and from activities from 3pm to 9pm. I have not even touched the weekend stuff and that is just for dance and gymnastics. Throw in school activities, and it becomes a logistical puzzle to get everyone where they need to go.  Add in feeding them and helping with homework and everything else, the time adds up. It is a job. 

I obviously don't have details about their life back then, nor do I have any desire to have them but even if she was exaggerating, it doesn't sound off to me. :)

• Love 2

Coming out of lurkdom to say that if Caitlyn was as hands on with the kids as she says and I have no reason to doubt her, this could easily be true. I stay at home with my kids and most weekdays I am driving to and from activities from 3pm to 9pm. I have not even touched the weekend stuff and that is just for dance and gymnastics. Throw in school activities, and it becomes a logistical puzzle to get everyone where they need to go.  Add in feeding them and helping with homework and everything else, the time adds up. It is a job. 

I obviously don't have details about their life back then, nor do I have any desire to have them but even if she was exaggerating, it doesn't sound off to me. :)

I don't doubt what she said, I just think it's just crazy to do an hour and a half commute each way to get them there and home. No way I would, even if I were a stay at home mom. To me that is just wasted time.

Kris was Caitlyn's manager, she revived Cait's career, negotiating endorsement deals, infomercials for exercise equipment, tv appearances, and race car driving.  She also owned and operated a children's clothing store.  Then of course she met Ryan Seacrest and together they unleashed the Keeping Up with the Kardarsians on the world and she began managing the "family franchise" full time.    It didn't take long until she was the main breadwinner.  Cait told Vanity Fair that's when their marriage started to go south - when Kris no longer needed him to make money. 

Edited by Cosmocrush

I'm sure they make up sex will be hot.

Only if Kris is a hormone buddy for Caitlyn and has magically put off her menopause for a few extra years (or if she's on some other kind of magic pill).

Edited by Kromm

Kylie (and Kendall?) was home schooled - the diploma was from an online course she took. It's not as if Caitlyn has been driving her back and forth to school every day for the high school experience. I assume all the driving was because the older girls went to a private school some distance away.

I think Ryan Seacrest "awarded" the diploma at the party.

Maybe Kylie didn't want Cait there. I don't think they have much of a close relationship now so perhaps the emotional attachment wasn't there.

Kylie (and Kendall?) was home schooled - the diploma was from an online course she took. It's not as if Caitlyn has been driving her back and forth to school every day for the high school experience. I assume all the driving was because the older girls went to a private school some distance away.

Maybe Kylie didn't want Cait there. I don't think they have much of a close relationship now so perhaps the emotional attachment wasn't there.

I was just going by Cait's comment that she spent 15 years carpooling, 3- 4 hours a day,  I'm sure it was for all 6 kids and included after school activities. I just think it's nuts to spend 3 hours a day JUST for the back and forth to school.   

Kris was Caitlyn's manager, she revived Cait's career, negotiating endorsement deals, infomercials for exercise equipment, tv appearances, and race car driving.  She also owned and operated a children's clothing store.  Then of course she met Ryan Seacrest and together they unleashed the Keeping Up with the Kardarsians on the world and she began managing the "family franchise" full time.    It didn't take long until she was the main breadwinner.  Cait told Vanity Fair that's when their marriage started to go south - when Kris no longer needed him to make money. 

DIdn't they fund the Dash and Smooch stores with money that they got from Rob Sr?  I thought that was the where the seed money came from. Kris started with Smooch  and then the girls started up Dash as a way to work together and hopefully be successful business women. I think Kris's mom owned a clothing store when Kris was younger, they visited it when they went to see the grandmother.

Both Kylie and Kendall attended a private school until 2013.  Kendall did one year of home school, graduating 2014 and Kylie two years.   They switched to home schooling in 2013 because they were missing too much school working. The tabs reported that Kris and Cait fought about this, Cait wanting them to stay in school, Kris as their manager of course was all for it.  And as usual, Kris won out. 

• Love 1

Both Kylie and Kendall attended a private school until 2013.  Kendall did one year of home school, graduating 2014 and Kylie two years.   They switched to home schooling in 2013 because they were missing too much school working. The tabs reported that Kris and Cait fought about this, Cait wanting them to stay in school, Kris as their manager of course was all for it.  And as usual, Kris won out. 

Since Cait was banished to Malibu right around that time, I guess her opinion didn't have much standing. 

I notice in last weekends marathon of earlier episodes that original home they lived in was fairly modest by LA standards, but there was lots of Olympic memorabilia and stuff from Cait's career all over the house. trophies in bookcases, posters, his medals, uniforms etc. 

Later on when the moved to the big house all that stuff disappeared and all the pictures were of Kim and all her covers and magazine and  photo shoots. I guess that was when Kris decided they no longer needed to impress with Cait's accomplishments, that naked Kim was more than enough and sent all his stuff to storage.

• Love 2

That is exactly what should have happened. These are grown adults who have just divorced. You don't sit around and wait to be invited to your ex-spouse's party.

I think Caitlyn probably forgot all about Kylie's graduation to be honest.

• Love 3

The party was a surprise so Kylie is not to blame.

Wait a minute because I just posted about this in the other thread, was it a party she wasn't invited to? Or, the graduation ceremony at the school? Because I thought it was the graduation ceremony which isn't a surprise. If it was a surprise party that she wasn't invited to then.....although I don't buy that damn thing is a "surprise" when it comes to this family.  A real surprise has to be organic, natural, real and there's nothing real about these folks.  They all live for the camera, it's all about appearances which means preparation, therefore, no surprises. Yeah, I'm back to blaming Kylie and not putting this all on Kris.

Oh yeah, I forgot that she was home schooled, so there's no graduation ceremony I suppose. At any rate, I don't buy the surprise at all.

Edited by represent

Well I guess I feel for Cait not being invited, but then I find myself wondering how the older 4 kids felt as birthdays and holidays passed with no calls or visits from dad. How many graduations did she miss there? How many Christmases?

Her daughter with the first wife,things were too stressful to bother attending her birth.

Maybe it's a kind of Karma. Maybe she'll get why Brody can be a bit distant and have some resentment towards her.

I suggest she get used to it because she'll be left out of a lot of stuff in the future.

• Love 4

It occurs to me that if you remove the transgender factor from the equation, you have a pretty mundane situation that occurs in many families across America where the parents are divorced -- using the children as chess pieces, feeling slighted because one parent didn't get invited to some party but the other did, parallel parties thrown by each parent ostensibly for the kid but secretly intended to hurt the former spouse, etc.

It's all so boring.   How do these shows stay on the air?

• Love 4

I say fight fire with fire.  Caitlyn should have thrown her own graduation party - inviting the Jenners - and excluding the Kardashians.

Kylie probably wouldn't have came. lol She and Kendall aren't the closest with that side. Plus with the transition,  there was issues there which Kylie even admitted took some time to adjust. Which makes it possible she was just wanting her graduation to be about her and not Caitlyn coming out to her friends. 

If they'd been divorced longer, they would have had to make plans to exchange the younger kids, and they'd be more used to figuring out things like graduation parties. There would also probably be a cooling of upset feelings. They're newly divorced, the daughters are old enough to make their own plans, it was a home school graduation...I don't really think this was a snub. Plus, Cait could have asked Kylie what she wanted to do for her graduation, and had a separate party, trip, special night out, whatever. They're all probably used to Cait being gone or being in the background. Kris is a beast, but that isn't new, and they aren't used to negotiating holidays or vacations as a divorced couple.

My parents divorced when I was 8, and while they were pretty reasonable and shared holidays etc., my brother and I always missed something somewhere, we'd be with one side of the family and missing whatever was happening with the other side. But that was normal, and just how it was for most of our friends, too. It wasn't about snubbing or power plays, just about being from divorced parents. An aside, while it might be nice to grow up with an intact family, my small experience indicates that some people who didn't have divorced parents aren't too good at sharing holidays with both their own families and later their partner's families, because they've never done it. They've never not had Thanksgiving or whatever withtheir family. They can learn, but that's maybe one of the only good things about coming from divorce; people get used to dividing their time and presence at special events./musings on divorce

I don't have a sense of where things are located in the area where they live, or what people consider a reasonable distance to drive. It seems like Cait is remote and isolated, but that might just be my impression. That would help explain why no one has come to visit her, if they have to drive a long ways out of their way. But I could be totally wrong about this.

What stopped her from throwing a party with Kylie after she found out she'd been left out? Or from doing something with Kendall and Kylie? It wouldn't have to be a party, just something to acknowledge her graduating.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 1

The party could not have been a surprise, because it was being filmed for Keeping Up. It would have been planned long ago - and the girls would have had to know about it. You can't plan a surprise in a show that is so calculating.

The planning had to be going on during Caitlyn's transition period; supposedly she did not see Kylie during that time, and according to the first episode, Kylie had not seen Caitlyn yet. She waited until hair, makeup, wardrobe was perfect until she saw her daughter.

It seems that Caitlyn had plenty of opportunity to have a special "girls' day out" with her daughters if she had wanted to, but instead she was busy having "girls' nights out" with her new best friends.

• Love 3

The party could not have been a surprise, because it was being filmed for Keeping Up. It would have been planned long ago - and the girls would have had to know about it. You can't plan a surprise in a show that is so calculating.

The planning had to be going on during Caitlyn's transition period; supposedly she did not see Kylie during that time, and according to the first episode, Kylie had not seen Caitlyn yet. She waited until hair, makeup, wardrobe was perfect until she saw her daughter.

It seems that Caitlyn had plenty of opportunity to have a special "girls' day out" with her daughters if she had wanted to, but instead she was busy having "girls' nights out" with her new best friends.

Yeah, but the friendship with those new girlfriends is 100% fake.

Whereas Caitlyn's relationships with her daughters and sons is only 50% fake!

• Love 2