Type keyword(s) to search

Quotes: "Yadda Yadda Yadda"

w00t!  Coming up tonight: The Hamptons.  You can't swing a cat without hitting good quotes from this one:

Elaine: "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things."  :-D

Kramer: "Yo Yo Ma!"

Jerry: "Boutros Boutros Gali!"

Elaine: "Nice rack!"

Elaine: "It was like a Pekingese."

Jerry: "Too much chlorine in that gene pool!"

• Love 2

Jerry: Well, I was walking around naked in front of Melissa the other day--

Elaine: Whoa! Walking around naked? Ahh... that is not a good look for a man.

George: Why not? It's a good look for a woman.

Elaine: Well, the female body is a... work of art. The male body is utilitarian, it's for gettin' around, like a jeep.

Jerry: So you don't think it's attractive?

Elaine: It's hideous. The hair, the... the lumpiness. It's simian.

George: Well, some women like it.

Elaine: Mmm. Sickies.

• Love 3

In the episode where an obnoxious drunk guy on a plane sticks Jerry with his obnoxious dog, when Jerry tells Elaine he's bringing the dog to the pound -

Elaine: "You know what they do with dogs at the pound? They keep them for a week and if no one adopts them, they kill them!”

Jerry: “Really? How late are they open?” 

• Love 1

I love and regularly use Elaine's gleefully sarcastic "Really? Tell us more, Mr. Science!" when George is expounding on shrinkage at the dinner table. Jerry's "Eeeeasy, big fella" response is awesome too.

The Pitch is on tonight.   This one always struck me as apt for most TV shows.

Russell Dalrymple:  Why would someone watch a show about nothing.

George:  Because it's on TV!!!

{long pause]

Russell:  Not yet.

...and after Kramer throws up on Susan:

Jerry:  Vomiting is not a deal-breaker.  :-)

• Love 1

Whenever the topics of opera, ballet or classical music come up in our house, one of us has to bust out "It's so sad. All your knowledge of high culture comes from Bugs Bunny cartoons."

• Love 4
Whenever the topics of opera, ballet or classical music come up in our house, one of us has to bust out "It's so sad. All your knowledge of high culture comes from Bugs Bunny cartoons."

Yup.  Whenever that episode is on, my favorite part is Jerry doing his little 'toon-inspired song & dance while standing in line with Elaine.

• Love 2

Hehe.  That's the introduction to the Bugs Bunny Roadrunner Show.  IIRC, the lyrics run:

Overture, curtains, lights

This is it, the night of nights

No more rehearsing and nursing apart

We know every part by heart.

Overture, curtains, lights

This is it, the height of heights

And oh what heights we'll hit

On with the show this is it.

Sorry, couldn't resist BugsBunnyShow.jpg And remember the pez dispenser in The Pez Dispenser was Tweety? :-)

• Love 2
(edited)

"Kah-rah-tay, Jerry, Kah-rah-tay."

Once a week the Mr. and I eat at a place that is next door to a Karate dojo. Every time we walk out of the restaurant, I turn, look at the karate place and say to the Mr., "kah-rah-tay Jerry, kah-rah-tay..." and we always laugh. Every week. Without fail. Year after year after year. I often feel like my entire life is just one Seinfeldian moment connected to the next. I am glad I am not alone...

ETA:

I also often say, "You might wanna do something...about that hair...", as well as "...it's like George Costanza Opposite Day..."

And I sometimes say to my husband, "Oh, I see your George Costanza-ing your wallet, nice..."

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 2

From The Marine Biologist. Jerry and Elaine are going to meet the Russian writer Testikov to get him to admit he threw Elaine's electronic organizer (hee!) out the limo window, hitting a woman in the head.

Elaine: Why are you so interested, you want to take her out?

Jerry: You know when Super Man saves someone no one asks if he's trying to hit on her!

Elaine: Well you're not Super Man.

Jerry: Well you're not Louis Lane.

I use the last line of this one all the time...

Kramer: Hey, Jerry, rub some lotion on my back.

Jerry: Who are you, Mrs. Robinson?

Kramer: C’mon, and I’ll rub some on you.

Jerry: That’s not sweetening the deal.

• Love 3

George: "Listen to this. Marcy comes over and she tells me that her ex-boyfriend was over late last night and 'yada yada yada I'm really tired today.' You don't think she'd yada yada sex?"

Elaine: "I've yada yada'd sex."
Jerry: "Really?"
Elaine: "Yeah. I met this lawyer, we went out to dinner, I had the lobster bisque, we went back to my place, yada yada yada, I never heard from him again."
Jerry: "But you yada yada'd over the best part."
Elaine: "No, I mentioned the bisque."

• Love 2

I use a million of them on a daily basis. Seriously, my best friend and I are convinced that there is a perfect Seinfeld quote for any possible occasion.

Some in particularly heavy rotation in our house:

Kramer's "That's a lot of potatoes!" (said in response to a large quantity of anything)

Morty Seinfeld's "I only have a few good years left - if I want a Chip-ahoy, I'm having a Chip-ahoy."

"I don't want to get into the whole physics of carbonation here..." (in response to Mr. Stella's insistence on leaving half-consumed soda cans in the fridge)

Any of Elaine's jaded/sarcastic comments are always comedy gold:

"You know, George, that's an onion..." 

"I have to start taking these 'stupid' warnings more seriously"

"Why doesn't anyone in this city use deodorant? How hard is it - you take off the cap and roll it on!"

"I know I don't want [rabies], you stupid hipster doofus!"

• Love 1

Mr. Tom and I do the "YOU'RE Schmoopie!" routine when being lovey-dove, and "YOU'RE a baby!" when bickering.

"Mother Nature is a MAD scientist!"

"I had a pony!"

"I have lost my fiancée!"

"Sex.... to SAVE the friendship!"

Sponge-worthy

"Why don't you just TELL me (the name of the movie you want to see)?

• Love 2

"I have lost my fiancée!"

We also often find a reason to use "Maybe the dingo ate your baby." I'm still working on perfecting my bad Australian accent.

Recently my daughter complained that some ham was sliced too thin, causing dadofsquid to tell her, "That's all surface area!" and I piped up, "The taste has nowhere to hide!" She asked us, "What ARE you people?" I have to agree with the original post. There's a Seinfeld quote lurking everywhere.

• Love 1
(edited)

Festivus for the rest of us!

Time for feats of strength!

My favorite part is the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! Edited by Portia
  • Love 4

How many twix does that make for you?

Kyandy!

Keys? how ya gonna start it?

Undercoating...that's a scam right? We don't even know what it is.

Finders fee?...it was on the lot! Yeah, that's right.

Just sign right here and we'll get you that yellow car...Yellow? I wanted Black!! Oh I can't give you black at that price.....

• Love 1

I'm traveling this week and I realized that it's impossible for me to adjust my covers in a hotel bed without thinking of George's condescending instructions to the hotel maid to leave his covers untucked. I swear to you, every time I kick the covers at my feet loose, I'm thinking, "I like to let them swish and swirl."

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm traveling this week and I realized that it's impossible for me to adjust my covers in a hotel bed without thinking of George's condescending instructions to the hotel maid to leave his covers untucked.

I like to keep mine tucked at home, and if I happened to tuck it a little too tight I always think of that exchange. Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

I'm taking an online linguistics course in which I'm required to participate in message board discussions. I began one of my recent posts--in which I was to explain whether I lean more toward descriptivism or prescriptivism in grammar--with the sentence, "I'm an unabashed prescriptivist because, in the words of George Costanza, 'We're living in a SOCIETY!'"

• Love 3

I've heard Friends has devoted fans but I've got a strong suspicion that show has nowhere near the number of dedicated fans as Seinfeld (and I'm talkin' fans who can quote, who remember the cadence of the quotes and the expression on the character's face as (s)he made that memorable remark).

I just loved the way Mr Krueger pronounced the name, "George". Very midwestern pronunciation.  Especially memorable at the Festivus gathering.

• Love 1
(edited)

"His mudder was a mudder." Don't ask me why, but this makes me cry with laughter.

Me too and I'm going to the horse races in Saratoga this summer and Ill be sure to say this about a hundred times and crack myself up. His mudder was a mudder, his fadder was a mudder!

I always say 'YES everybody HAS to like me!" I feel the same way as George!

Edited by operalover
  • Love 1

Two nights ago I was watching The Rye episode (when George's parents have dinner w/ his prospective inlaws).  During that disastrous dinner, Kramer is driving a buggy alongside Central Park and as he points out the park to some overseas tourists, he says something like, "That's the park that Joe Pepitone built". I just burst out laughing.  I guess I haven't seen this episode in years and had forgotten that good ol' Pepitone built Central Park. Thank God these reruns are still being shown as I have yet to find any current shows that equal the topnotch writing and credible oddball characters that Seinfeld delivered.

• Love 1