Type keyword(s) to search

Quotes: "Yadda Yadda Yadda"

I'm not even embarrassed: I still quote Seinfeld on at least a weekly if not a daily basis. Where to begin? My personal motto is Elaine's "You know me--I walk into a room and *raspberry*--problem solved." I also love her "I don't like this thing! And here's what I'm doing with it!" Sometimes, just for fun, I like to shove my husband's face into my bosom while snapping, "You want a Christmas card? Here's your Christmas card."  Also, if any members of my family ever need to establish a code word, you can be sure it'll be "Tippytoe! Tippytoe!"

• Love 2

I have said, "I was bald!" (complete with the circling finger) more often than I should (despite the fact that I was not wearing a toupee any of the times I said it).

I use "I'm not sure how official these rankings are" a lot too.

Heh and "GEORGE IS GETTING ANGRY!"

It is true the quotes are part of our lexicon. I like the reservations one, where Jerry says "No you do not know what a reservation is" I cannot remember the exact quote.  

"feels like an Arby's night" comes up a lot too.

And when George is a marine biologist. 

"I know what a reservation is."

"I don't think you do."

The way Jerry delivers that line is so perfect, any time I have the chance to say the same thing I do, imitating his inflection.

• Love 4

That's a great one! And it comes in handy, since we've had our hotel room given away more times that I can count.  "See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation . . . and that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them." I love the way he plucks invisible reservations from the air while delivering that last line.

• Love 3

I guess it goes without saying that, "No soup for you!" is probably used millions of times a day.

Double-dipping:  I once saw Kelly Ripa chastise Regis for doing the same thing on their show.

I remarked to a friend that her husband finally "slipped one past the goalie."  She recognized it right away.

There's a really obnoxious girl in a class I take, and Jerry's voice about Kramer's girlfriend just popped into my head, "I can't believe nobody's killed her yet."

I love that episode when Jerry and Elaine then have to try to take back all the horrible things they said and pretend they're happy for Kramer again.

When my daughter and I want to be snarky about someone who's wearing denim, we'll say "I see you're still going with the denim" or "Nice vest. I like the big gold buttons."

I am ridiculously afraid of bees, and when half a dozen of them took advantage of an open door to take up residence in my kitchen where some hummingbird food was cooling, I declared, "That's it, we're moving!  I will not tolerate infestation!"

I was in the pool! I WAS IN THE POOL!

I think this is just before Elaine says a line that, at the time, I said, too: "It shrinks?" Later, she says something that also sticks to my mind. Something like, "I don't know how you walk around with those things."

Another Elaine line that comes to mind often is when Jerry's friend takes Elaine out and cops a feel. "How could that be?" Jerry asks in disbelief after Elaine tells him about it.

"Oh, it be," Elaine responds.

• Love 1

Oh my goodness, where has this thread been all my life? Our kids make fun of us because they swear that every single phrase out of our mouths comes from Seinfeld. The other day I said something from The Office and my husband hastened to point out to the daughters that for once this wasn't from Seinfeld. Just trying to think of some examples that haven't been mentioned already, bear with me...

"Worlds are colliding!" comes up a lot. Also "man-hands" usually with reference to my long-suffering daughter. "I let the expletives fly!" And I will use/misuse "master of his domain" in all kinds of contexts. We all do the Tor Eckman line, complete with gestures. "It's a calling, it's a gift."

I should stop because this really could go on all night. 

• Love 1

Every laundry day when folding my shirts, either Mrs. Tuba or myself will mention "Golden Boy".

I just noticed my Golden Boy sweatshirt is really on its last legs, so I better start finding and breaking in "Baby Blue".

With the impending Boston Marathon, I think back to the many quoteworthy moments with The Hot Tub and The Apartment:

--[Jean-Paul] "Ahh, look at the little bastard!"

--[George] "For I am Costanza, Lord of the Idiots."

--[Jean-Paul] "Separate knob...why separate knob?"

• Love 2

When I started my new job I was given pretty much nothing to do in my 1st month, and when I friend would ask me about work I'd say that I've been working on the Pennske file.  I also use the "breathtaking" thing all the time.  And perhaps I shouldn't admit this, but I've been caught singing the Beef-a-reno song!

• Love 1

That's funny that my quote from "The Ticket" prompted you to think of the "The Soup," because my own brain did the same thing in reverse. Yesterday my daughter was berating her fiance for having only soup for supper--"That's not a real meal!"--and I chimed in with, "You know, a muffin can be very filling"...thus earning a quizzical look from my future son-in-law.

• Love 1
(edited)

A friend's query about the proper names for different sexes within a species made me think of this:

"You got the hen, the chicken and the rooster.  The rooster goes with the chicken.  So who's having sex with the hen? Something's missing."
"Something's missing, alright."
"They're all chickens.  The rooster has sex with all of them."
"That's perverse!"

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3

Not a quote...but:  The "hey-ya" they did together at Monk's to seal the bet was something the cast did before every live taping.  They would gather behind the set and play it up like a sports team ready to take the floor.  The Contest was voted by TV Guide as the greatest TV episode of all-time.

Other great ones from that epi:

"I zipped up!"

Jerry "We have to do it.  It's part of our lifestyle.  It's like shaving."

Elaine "Oh that's bull, I shave my legs."

Kramer (mouth full of milkshake) "Not every day."

• Love 3
(edited)

Kramer (mouth full of milkshake) "Not every day."

The line would be funny on its own, but it's the milkshake-induced delivery that puts it over the top. 

"You?  You'll be out before we get the check."

To do an entire episode about masturbation, never use the word (which necessitated coming up with some mighty funny euphemisms I use to this day) and keep the humor adult but not crass ... that's some good comedy right there.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 7

I so agree with TV Guide. I'll bet MTM's Chuckles the Clown episode ranked way up there, too. The visuals of the four sleeping at night was pretty funny. I wonder what I would have thought of this episode if I were 10 years old. It would have totally gone over my head and I probably would have switched channels.

• Love 1

I so agree with TV Guide. I'll bet MTM's Chuckles the Clown episode ranked way up there, too. The visuals of the four sleeping at night was pretty funny. I wonder what I would have thought of this episode if I were 10 years old. It would have totally gone over my head and I probably would have switched channels.

Off topic...but yeah, it was up there.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Guide%27s_100_Greatest_Episodes_of_All-Time

Yesterday my daughter was berating her fiance for having only soup for supper--"That's not a real meal!"--

Did he crumble any crackers in it? Or was it chicken gumbo or matzo ball? Those are very hearty soups :)

• Love 1