Type keyword(s) to search

Celebrity Guest Anti-Wishlist

Kromm
  • Start Topic

Companion to the Celebrity Guest Wishlist topic (for people who haven't been on who you want to see) and the Best and Worst Celebrities topic (for people who have been on, who you liked and didn't). Here's the last bit.  What celebrities seem like the types that this show often has on (the right level of fame, the right kind of celeb) who you just know in your gut would either be horrible players, or would just annoying the shit out of you?

Here are a few of mine to start.

Kevin James.  Ugh. Annoying!

Rob Schneider. I have nightmares about this. Okay, not really, but would you blame me if I had?

Jeff Goldblum.  About as fun as having Rickets. He'd (figuratively) suck all the fun out of the show.

Dane Cook. I'd sooner give myself a lobotomy than watch this. Oh wait, it would be the same thing.

Tara Reid. Oh lord it would be bad.

Tyra Banks. They'd have to edit the half of the show where she talked about herself out.

Fran Drescher. Do I have to say why?

What celebs do YOU dread being on this show someday?

Edited by Kromm

Any pro dancer from Dancing With The Stars. Have seen Karina & Cheryl appear separately [and play badly] on Celebrity Name Game. Derek & Mark are likely good players, but fall into the annoying category.

• Love 2

Anyone who thinks they can get away with the "excuse" of  they don't watch TV/ listen to current music/ whatever.  This is a show about pop culture. If you are a celebrity who can't reasonably figure out the Pre-K clues they give here ( except for Lil' Picassos, and even then one is going to be you or another celeb playing in your episode), then do not agree to show up, no matter how badly your piece of pop culture needs pimping.  (Sorry, still 'WTF?' over Wynnona's "We don't watch TV" comment.)

More specifically, though:

Sharon Osbourne, Kathie Lee ( tho' Hoda could potentially be fun), or Deidre Hall.  They are famous ladies that seem to have something going on or something they could promote ( like a big Days Of Our Lives anniversary or some such), but I think they may be too stiff, like poor Tim Gunn.

I'm not sure how Charles Barkley, Jim Rome, or Joe Buck would handle things. They could fall into annoying, but Charles might pull out the funny and win us over.

Anyone from Sunday morning political talk shows, no matter the network, no matter the flavor of politics they back.

• Love 1

I can mostly only judge by having seen some players of the same level of celebrity on CELEBRITY NAME GAME, which has had quite a bit of overlap with this show, but some who haven't been on. Definitely hope they avoid Sherri Shepherd, who had some painful moments on CNG. And needless to say Jerry Springer and his sidekick/bodyguard guy we could all do without. Not quite on that level, producers Courteney Cox and David Arquette weren't good players most of the time, but can be entertaining, so hopefully they won't feel the need to be on a theoretically competing show.

• Love 1

Any pro dancer from Dancing With The Stars. Have seen Karina & Cheryl appear separately [and play badly] on Celebrity Name Game. Derek & Mark are likely good players, but fall into the annoying category.

Derek simply speaking annoys me.  If he just shuts up and dances, great, but yeah, I can't imagine liking him trying to pretend he's likable (instead of an asshat) on a game show.  Not as sure about Mark.

Max might be the opposite. He's an arrogant swot too in some ways, but he's charming in a way Derek isn't.

I complained about her in the thread of the episode she appeared in, but Jenna Elfman really, really doesn't need to ever come back.

Also, I think any guest who wears clothing that is not practical should automatically lose an extra 10 points for their team. Tight dresses AND high heels? Like just one isn't bad enough?

I have not seen all the HGN episodes, but I don't remember seeing any of these ---

Gilbert Gottfried because I would have to mute the episode and that would take all the fun out of watching.

Any of the really old performers that I like - such as Betty White, Dick Van Dyke, Carl Reiner - they are all great for their age, but they would probably suck at this game and I wouldn't want to see any of them be doddering old fools. 

Jerry Van Dyke - because he seems to have always been a doddering old fool, even when he was younger (based solely on the characters he plays). 

Anyone who seems to think they are more important than they are - Justin Beiber, Kanye West, Paris Hilton, any Kardashian. 

And, after watching the most recent season of Last Comic Standing - Norm MacDonald