Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Episode 12

• Start Topic

Season 2 ends with the final four couples still reeling from a shocking breakup that makes each of them question the stability of their own relationships before they go on their final fantasy suite dates. At the rose ceremony, one couple break up and one bachelor decides not to give out his rose.

No need to read RS, the previews give most of it away.  

I can't remember all the couples who are left.  Tanner  and Jade, of course.  Cassandra and someone, Tenely and Chris and who else? 

Jade!  et. al.   Now hear this!  It is WARY and LEERY that mean caution or suspicion.   Weary means tired or worn down. which is what I get hearing people say weary when they mean Wary or Leery !!!    

Crazy, but it drives me nuts!!

• Love 22

Marcus and Lacey were a bit dim but loveable so I was happy for them at the end of last season. Just not that excited about Tanner and Jade. Tanner seems like an intelligent guy,  I would think he would tire of her once the attraction wore off. But then again some men would rather have arm candy (though I thought Jade kept looking rougher as the show went on) to brains and personality.

• Love 6

The whole thing was a bit weird. Tanner honestly sounded like a robot, no emotion. I.love.you.Jade. Just weird. Maybe nerves.

Nick shows he is one of those guys that thinks with little Nick. Good grief dude. Lol

• Love 6

Jade seems nice and I like that she doesn't trowel on the makeup like some of the others. I wish Tenley would have given Josh a chance-she seems so desperate to be married it might be worth it to at least try. Samantha has zero personality and I am not entirely convinced she isn't a synth of some sort.

I actually think Justin is kind of cute, but Cassandra was not into him at all. I agree Tanner seems kind of robotic. I thought he was really funny at first, but then he seemed catty.

• Love 5

I think Tenley went to paradise with no relationship in mind. She had just come out of a difficult breakup and wanted to feel good. Joshua provided that good feeling. There was no way she was moving to Idaho to be with a welder in a one stoplight town.

• Love 5

My biggest question is...what was the song they played at the every end of the episode while showing clips of Tanner and Jade's relationship?  It had lyrics that included "my love is like an open door..."  and "I'll be the One..."  It was very pretty.  Thanks.

Go figure with the Nick and Samantha pairing.  He couldn't say enough about her looks and how he was leaving with some beautiful thing.  He clearly doesn't care if she talks or thinks.  I'm not sure she does either of those things either...

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 4

Tenley gave as an excuse that it would be a long distance relationship. What was she expecting? Someone from her hometown? It was just an excuse.

Jade and Tanner strike me as the real deal. I hope they make it.

Till next summer! Buh bye crabs!

• Love 5

Jade!  et. al.   Now hear this!  It is WARY and LEERY that mean caution or suspicion.   Weary means tired or worn down. which is what I get hearing people say weary when they mean Wary or Leery !!!    

Right. Jade was feeling wary. We're the ones who are weary.

• Love 14

About 30 seconds in, I had to switch to an old ep of Criminal Minds, I couldn't stand listening to Jade's baby voice any more and I just didn't care enough to see it through (I'd read spoilers anyway). Sad to say BiP was less entertaining than I'd hoped. And my hopes weren't high to begin with.

• Love 4

I never got into Tenley much before this, but she seemed really sweet and level headed at the end. I think she was wise in that Josh will lose his allure when you take him out of Paradise. 

This. I was never a fan of Tenley because I honestly didn't believe a human being could be that sweet. But she really is. And she's also wise, what with her decision to dump Josh, but in the kindest way possible, and her good advice to Ashley I. The little bitch inside of me is hoping that Kipton was watching all this with a screaming baby and the bloom off the rose of his new relationship and regretting the way he hurt Tenley. I really wish her the best, and I never, ever feel that way about the famehos on this show.

• Love 14

Hey show, stop trying to make Samantha the most beautiful woman in the world thing happen.  Of the four women left at the end, she was the least attractive in my opinion.  Tenley, Jade and especially Cassandra blow her out of the water beauty-wise.

• Love 18

This. I was never a fan of Tenley because I honestly didn't believe a human being could be that sweet. But she really is. And she's also wise, what with her decision to dump Josh, but in the kindest way possible, and her good advice to Ashley I. The little bitch inside of me is hoping that Kipton was watching all this with a screaming baby and the bloom off the rose of his new relationship and regretting the way he hurt Tenley. I really wish her the best, and I never, ever feel that way about the famehos on this show.

She's really no different than Kirk. She led Joshua on until the end.

Loved the end chyrons. "Kirk is currently in the Witness Protection Program". Ashley S. "??????"

• Love 5

I think it's really messed up that Tenley basically did the same thing to Josh as Kirk did to Carley (maybe even worse because she waited longer, even went to a fantasy suite) but she in no way got the "monster" treatment that Kirk did. A pretty unfair double standard in my opinion.

• Love 11

This doesn't seem to be a popular opinion but I actually felt sorry for Joshua. I was kind of neutral about him and Tenley through most of the season but I thought he really showed on tonight's show that he really cared for her. The way he held and touched her was so sweet and endearing. Like she genuinely was special to him. Then when they had his call on the after show it was like you could still hear in his voice and words that he still cared for her. I have to respect Tenley though for having the guts to do the right thing and she did it in the best possible way. I think she really liked him a lot but couldn't see it working once they got back to reality. I really liked these two and hope they both find happiness.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 9

That drives me nuts, too! The two words — weary and wary — never used to get confused! I've only noticed it in the past five years or so. Kids, be smart, cut it out! (and get off my lawn, too!).

Sweet ending. Bet the producers are thrilled about having another engagement, but do they really have to get married in Puerto Vallarta a year from now?

I thought Tenley made the right decision -- Joshua is country, she's city. Smart of her to recognize it. I could totally go for a Tenley Bachelorette season -- she'd be perfect for it.

I guess I can see the viewpoint that Tenley did the same to Joshua that Kirk did to Carly, but I don't think so, because I don't think Joshua was blindsided. I think Tenley was clearly hesitant several times, and I have no doubt they had discussed the various challenges involved in trying to move forward with any kind of relationship. Clearly she did something right, Joshua didn't even cry (at least not on camera.)

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 6

I think it's really messed up that Tenley basically did the same thing to Josh as Kirk did to Carley (maybe even worse because she waited longer, even went to a fantasy suite) but she in no way got the "monster" treatment that Kirk did. A pretty unfair double standard in my opinion.

We don't know for sure what happened in that suite but I think Tenley didn't know for sure where she wanted it to go until the last minute. I mean CH was telling them they had to either end it or get married basically. That's kind of crazy IMO and would scare most people. I honestly think that's what happened to Kirk. Why does the show do that? It's like giving them a ultimatum. Even if a contestant was willing to maybe see where it would go outside the show when CH says, "marriage" I think it really starts messing with their head. So I don't think Tenley intentionally used Joshua nor do I think Kirk did to Carly. I'm not so sure that waiting until after the fantasy suite would be worse either. To me having to break up on national tv would be far worse and if I cared for someone I would think they deserved better and wouldn't want to do that to them. I wouldn't doubt if that's not what happens to a lot of the couples on this franchise considering they don't make it too long after the cameras stop rolling.

Sorry David I messed up with the last post. Not sure what happened but I kept trying to delete it where it puts my post under your username but it wouldn't delete. Sooo sorry!

• Love 2

I'm surprised nobody laughed in CH's face when he said that bit about handing out the final rose being a "commitment to a life together". I'm sure the show didn't have them sign binding agreements to that effect, and even if they did, those contracts would be unenforcible.

• Love 8

Well except Tenley made some comment that was basically "I used Joshua to make me feel good again" . Yes Tenley let's use other people. Of course he is from Idaho where they don't have real people for her to know or whatever offensive thing it was she said.

• Love 3

Now I can't remember if it was on the episode or the aftershow, but Joshua said Tenley had already expressed those concerns and been frank with him about their situation before the final rose ceremony, but he wanted so badly to try to make it work somehow that he decided to still give it a shot.  Maybe he was hoping she would get swept up in the moment and change her mind?

I felt bad for everyone having to stand out there sweating in the brutal heat during their final rose hoorahs.  I can't enjoy anything when I'm that hot, sweating distracts me completely, and I would have essentially missed my entire proposal if it had happened like Jade and Tanner's.  "You want me to what?  Marry you?  Yes, yes, fine...okay, but can we please go get in the shade?  Whew! Man, it's hot.  I need a cold drink and maybe a towel.  Huh?  I'm your fiancée now?  What are you even talking about?"

I don't understand Samantha and Nick at all.  When she kisses him, it looks like she's smelling a dumpster fire.  They have no visible chemistry whatsoever, and despite Nick's insistence that their 3 months of communication prior to the show assured them an easy transition into a face-to-face relationship, watching them try so pathetically to converse  didn't really back up those claims.  I guess he still has a lot of the money he won and she wants to get in on summa dat.  That's really the only guess I have left, because them being in love is not something I will ever believe. 

• Love 15

I'm surprised nobody laughed in CH's face when he said that bit about handing out the final rose being a "commitment to a life together". I'm sure the show didn't have them sign binding agreements to that effect, and even if they did, those contracts would be unenforcible.

I know, that was so bizarre! Since when do they have to leave summer camp engaged? Commitment? Commitment to "see where it goes" is all it should be. Of course, I feel the same about the parent show, I don't need them to propose, just plan to date in the real world.

• Love 7

Wow, many different takes on Tenley's breakup with Josh. I thought it was one of the wisest, kindest breakup speeches we've seen on this franchise. The distance was going to be the end of them. She didn't put it in these words, but if one of them moved for the other--San Diego and Kuna, Idaho, are completely different places--they would end up resenting them. Tenley did the right thing.

• Love 8

I'm not saying she didn't do the right thing by breaking up; I doubt she would feel comfortable in Idaho (I also doubt she would try to fit in) but her whole "I just needed to feel like a princess again and Josh did that and now that I feel special again it's time to break up with him" speech was crass. As was that rather nasty comment she made about Idahoans.

• Love 8

Maybe it's because I'm a military wife but I don't see Idaho as hardship duty.  To me, if you're lucky enough to find a kind gentle man who cherishes you and makes your knees weak then you should rather be close to him than close to good shopping and restaurants.  Tenley may think that she's far too sophisticated to  'fit in' in Idaho  but she's probably not.

• Love 12

The big difference (from what we've been shown) is that Kirk talked to Carley about moving to be together, and let her continue the fantasy that he was "the one" and even played into it. Tenley told Joshua from the beginning that she was looking for a "summer camp" fling and she never told Joshua she was going to move to Iowa (Idaho?) or asked him to move to her. They had talks before about how she wasn't sure that their lifestyles would mesh in the real world. I think she was honest when she said she cared for him (and Kirk probably cared for Carley, too) but she had been expressing her doubts about continuing their relationship in the real world all along, but Joshua went into the break-up with eyes way more open than Carley did, because Kirk was never honest to her prior to that about the fact that he didn't see it continuing beyond the show.

• Love 8

I'm thinking if there was some connection really there, you would state your reservations but be willing to see what happened next.  So the distance speech felt like an excuse, but one she worded very well.

Since I don't watch the Bachelor, I have no prior impression of either Tenley nor Joshua.  BiP didn't show much of them so if they didn't run their names below them on the screen I would have no idea who they were.̶M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶e̶r̶m̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶t̶r̶a̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶i̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶ or maybe he said things to indicate that relocating for him was not really feasible.

ETA:  Based on ^^^ it would appear she was upfront from the beginning on it being short term.

Edited by DeLurker

I think Tenley breaking up with Josh was actually very well done. It made sense. I think the difference between this breakup and what Kirk did was that Tenley was open about her reservations with Josh and had been for some time. I don't think Josh was blindsided and it actually looked like he understood. She obviously had feelings for him, but the logistics where a big issue. Kirk on the other hand was acting all in with Carly up to the the day before the break up and never gave a hint of apprehension until he just dumped her flat out. Don't even get me started on the following her around. Kirk you dumped her, you don't get to make any more decisions to make yourself feel better. If she tells you to eff off after you dump her you just have to eff off!

As far as moving to Idaho, Josh didn't seem to be chomping at the bit to move to San Diego either. I think it was mature of both of them to realize they weren't willing to make that drastic life change. I know as a big city person my whole life I would find small town living challenging, and the same can be said of someone in the opposite situation.  I didn't get the feeling that Tenley was disparaging people from Idaho, she just recognized that it wouldn't be for her.  That takes some self awareness and maturity.

I like Jade. I like that she doesn't feel the need to wear a layer of makeup and she's very natural. Tanner is just meh for me, something about him turns me off.

I also thought Cassandra also showed a lot of maturity. Agreeing to be on this shit show already makes her judgement questionable, but she handled herself very well and didn't embarrass herself or her son. Plus she got a whole room all to herself for the night which is pretty sweet.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 6

Tenley got a nice edit because they already had a villain in Kirk. If Kirk/Carly had stayed together, Tenley would have gotten the heartless person who used Josh's real feelings for her rebound fling edit.

If Kirk had walked away from Carly, he would have been cold and heartless.

No matter how you roll the dice, it comes up 7s for the producers.

• Love 8

So OK Nick, we get it.  Samantha is the most gorgeous "thing"  (Nick's word). While having arm candy is very alluring and you think it finally makes you the guy "everyone" is jealous of and wants to be...that's for the short term. Eventually all the staring at her beautiful face & various lady bits will become boring.  Then what?  Every dialog between a couple can't start and end with "You are so beautiful!" & "Um, thanks." 

I hope Nick watches these episodes and observes Samantha's behavior & body language during their VERY one-sided conversations.  She looks bored.  Disinterested. Not present. Vacant. Pre-occupied with thinking of 100 other things rather then Nick.  To give her the benefit of doubt -maybe she's shy or too aware of the cameras to let her real emotions show?  Lord knows I couldn't/wouldn't ever launch a relationship on TV. However, from what we see on the show, Samantha just seems to be there for the vaca and to be surrounded by men ogling & fawing over her. She doesn't seem to have clicked with any of the many guys she texted (I suspect even sexted???) in an effort to be on and stay on the show.

All the lamenting from these "couples" about the devastating breakup of Carly & Kirk. Now they all have doubts about their BIP relationships because if those 2 crazy kids couldn't make it work, then what hope is there for us? Uh, guys?  They knew each other for 3 weeks, right?  Same time as (or more than) all of you, correct?  It isn't as if they were legendary star crossed or time tested lovers like Tristan & Isolde, Antony & Cleopatra or even Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie.

I'm glad this show is over for many reasons but here a just a few:

- no more puffy faced, liver lipped, floppy mop top, 2nd degree burn victim, Justin. 

- never have to hear Tenley's baby voice again (unless there's an AARP version of BIP in the works for all the sad old bags over 30)

-  no more contestants whining how they've sacrificed time away from their toddlers in order to "find love/baby daddy/mama" for the kid

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 10

Josh didn't seem too torn up. There are probably few Princess jobs in Idaho. Hell, that woman is pushing early middle age. I guess she does evil queen roles now?

Other than Tanner, Josh, and Ashley S, are any of these carpetbaggers gainfully employed?

• Love 2

Josh didn't seem too torn up. There are probably few Princess jobs in Idaho. Hell, that woman is pushing early middle age. I guess she does evil queen roles now?

Other than Tanner, Josh, and Ashley S, are any of these carpetbaggers gainfully employed?

For the guys, either they own their own business (Dan), are personal trainers (Mikey, Justin, Nick), wannabe mactors (Jonathan, Jared) or "retired" (JJ).   As for the girls, most seem to be trying to make a living from being an online personality--Carly, Jade, Ashley I, Tenley.  

I think the fact that Tanner had only two weeks to be in Paradise (when he fell for Jade he had to somehow get the extra time off) shows why there are so few "regular" folks on these shows as most people just don't have the vacation time!

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

True, I think getting more than two weeks off from your job would require a lot of fast talk about how the TV exposure will be good for business. Joe might have told his insurance company that and now they have to watch out for drive-byes and fire bombs.

• Love 9

It was making me cringe when Cassandra kept talking about how she didn't want to mess up things with Justin by not doing the overnight date. Um. If he dumps you because you wouldn't flagrantly bone down with him 24 hours after meeting him, then, you know, good riddance. What a mess. BusyOctober, your Justin description is fantastic:

- no more puffy faced, liver lipped, floppy mop top, 2nd degree burn victim, Justin. 

• Love 12

Don't forget those blecherous coral colored ladies slacks Justin tried to seduce Cassandra in. Or the mint green shirt he wore at the final rise/shackled for life ceremony. Who dresses this guy?

• Love 2

Tenley got a nice edit because they already had a villain in Kirk. If Kirk/Carly had stayed together, Tenley would have gotten the heartless person who used Josh's real feelings for her rebound fling edit.

Exactly.  Kirk was only a month post-breakup, but Tenley's breakup had a *gasp* BABY involved!   In the "who deserves a better edit" competition, Tenley definitely rated higher than Kirk. 

And we saw very few of Kirk's ITM's, but a few thousand of Carly.  She kept saying he said all of these deceitful things, but we never saw that.  I truly believe she was more humiliated than sad about the breakup.  She just couldn't STFU about how perfect everything was, and it all came back to bite her in the ass.  As of last night, she had 2 months to chill, but she just couldn't show a shred of maturity about a 20 day relationship.

And telling every man in the universe to "Just stop it"?  Oh right, ONLY men break up, let things go on too long and take advantage.   

She's just as delusional, ridiculous and ugly inside as she was in Chris's season.  Idiot. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 12

They can't make Tenley a villain if Josh isn't willing to play victim - and since he didn't lose his shit and run around crying about how much he hated Tenley for leading him on the show didn't have much to work with.

• Love 9

Carly is annoying as hell and delusional, bless her little heart, but I was so sick of seeing Kirk's baffled face when she was telling him to go away. I was screaming "just LEAVE, KIRK, JESUS CHRIST" at my television. Don't stand there like a slack-jawed yokel trying to look up in a Hysterical Woman To English Dictionary what "I don't want to talk" means.

I could not give less of a shit about the three "couples" "remaining." 

They need to bring back Bachelor Pad, or at least a facsimile of Bachelor Pad where there are competitions and challenges.

• Love 14

They can't make Tenley a villain if Josh isn't willing to play victim - and since he didn't lose his shit and run around crying about how much he hated Tenley for leading him on the show didn't have much to work with.

Oh, but then you play it differently. "Look at how brave Josh is, still a gentleman even as Tenley twists the knife in his heart."

• Love 2

I liked Tenley and Joshua as a couple, and I believe Tenley was right to end it while on the show, BUT I agree that the distance was just an excuse. Tenley probably learned that Joshua lived in Idaho the day she met him and IMO shouldn't have let anything progress if that was such a dealbreaker for her. I don't think distance was the real reason, but it became a scapegoat because she didn't want to be with Joshua and wanted to let him go in the easiest possible way. There's no way Joshua could take offense if Tenley cited long distance as the reason for the breakup instead of something she doesn't like about him. My guess is that Tenley thought Joshua was a great guy, but she just didn't feel any chemistry. I think she would've found a way to make it happen otherwise.

But if distance was the actual issue as Tenley claimed, at least she took it seriously enough to end it on the show as opposed to Cassandra and Justin who were too focused on having the parenting thing in common to have a conversation about the logistics of a relationship after BIP.

They ended up breaking up and cited distance as the reason. Cassandra has already moved on to another BIP contestant, Josh, who lives close to her.

Why wasn't a plan discussed on the show about how it was going to work IRL? I guess they wanted to have that rose moment on TV, to not have to reject each other, or to have to actually think about the future. Thinking doesn't seem to be Cassandra's or Justin's strong suit. Justin thought Cassandra was really hot and that was enough for him, and Cassandra thought it was cool Justin didn't reject her for not going up to the fantasy suite and that was enough for her.

I was surprised that Samantha said "yes" to NIck. I really thought she wasn't into him at all and was just stringing him along for game and fame whore purposes. I guess Nick's obsession with Samantha's looks is sufficient basis for a relationship.

Best of luck to Tanner and Jade! Tanner is wise enough to realize he's not gonna do better than a woman who did videos for Playboy. And Jade seems okay with Tanner sweating profusely. I think it's a good match and give them a much better chance of success than Kaitlyn and Shawn.

Those outros updating us on the contestants were hilarious.

Edited by jmonkey