Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
HalcyonDays

The 2015-2016 NFL Football Pool

Wait...so if the Panthers that means I'll be dead last...again? 

Don't worry I am the person that ends up dead last this year. Oh, well next season I will play the pool when it first begins and hopefully will do better.

And Congrats merylinkid for winning the pool. :) The only person to correctly pick the Bronco

Edited by Jx223
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone.   

Believe me, no one is more surprised than me.  I would not have been disappointed to see the Panthers win.   But I just wanted Peyton to go out on top.

It was loads of fun.   I hope to see you all back next year.  

• Like 2

Broncos beat the Panthers...a team no one said they could beat.

See?  I told ya!  *wink*

Denver is loud right now.  Fireworks and yelling.  So much fun.

• Like 1

OMG! SuperBowl 50 is done and I'm crying into my wine glass!! Why, WHY did the referees suck in their calling? (I'm sorry, that was a proper catch!!) Why, WHY did the Panthers get stupid in the penalties they incurred, and the play calling they endured (the running game wasn't working!!)....? Why, WHY couldn't the front line protect Cam????

It is official - The Denver Broncos have won SuperBowl 50, with a final score of 24-10!! Along with the milestone of this SB, a multitude of records were broken; including the oldest Quarterback to win a SuperBowl, the most post-season winningest QB (with 200 wins, over Brett Favre), the fact that Peyton won SuperBowls 10 years apart (SB 40 and SB 50), The fact that Peyton Manning was the Number 1 draft pick 13 years before Cam Newton (also the Number 1 pick), and they are exactly 13 years apart in age....Also, Peyton Manning is the FIRST QB to win a SuperBowl ring with TWO different teams.

For the record:

• The winner of SuperBowl 50 was the Denver Broncos.
  • The final score was 24-10.
  • The MVP of SuperBowl 50 was Von Miller.

And another crazy factoid? Cam Newton was the number one draft pick in 2011. Guess who was number 2? ........

- Von Miller.

No one got the MVP correct (merylinkid picked Peyton Manning).

No one got the final score correct. EllieH came the closest, with a predicted final score of 27-10. (see why I add bonus points for final score??)

Only one person got the SuperBowl winning team correct.....

Congratulations Denver, and CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MOST AWESOME.......*DRUMROLL*........

animated-fireworks-background-110102_030   -- >>>    MERYLINKID!!!    <<< --  animated-fireworks-background-110102_030

FOR WINNING THE 2015-2016 OFFICIAL PTV FOOTBALL POOL!!

This Master of Picks managed to beat the reigning Queen ExplainItAgain (from last year), by only ONE point!!

--------->> ONE BLOODY POINT!! <<---------

Here are the FINAL Standings for the Pool

merylinkid  191   20u2537.gif

ExplainItAgain  190
shoregirl  182
ebk57  178
xaxat  177
Mountainair  177
BabyVegas  176
chrissytd  175
Popples  175
DrSpaceman73  174
AimingforYoko  173
scriggle  172
jennifer6973  172
anarchyangel84  171
MargeGunderson  169
Wildcard  167
King of Birds  165
BestestAuntEver  163
Ownedbydogs  163
EllieH  163
HalcyonDays  162
wingster55  156
kissedbyarose  154
jx223  152

Thank you ALL who participated and enjoyed this crazy-ass pool. You all truly made it so much fun, and made me laugh!!

I HOPE to see everyone come back next season, dammit!!!

• Like 5

Oh I love the graphic.   That is awesome.

One point is all you need.

You kicked ass, man, and did brilliantly! I bow to your awesomeness (while I mourn my Panthers.....)

Excellent work!

You better be back next year!

Nice call merylinkid!! I think you might have won the pool, so in the grand tradition of beauty pageants across the globe, I bestow the championship crown to you. Please accept these roses and take your celebratory walk!!

Shouldn't we wait to see if Steve Harvey read the announcement incorrectly?

Merylinkid only won by ONE point!  Is there a hanging chad somewhere?  ;-)

eta: was I the only one to think today's game was boring? I gave the game a 45 min head start on DVR and was thankful for the FF button til almost halftime.

Edited by King of Birds
  • Like 3

Congratulations merylinkid!  And thanks for running this again, HalcyonDays!

Its been fun, see you all for another round in the fall!

• Like 1

Wow, 1 point!! I don't know if I can play next year....winner last year, runner up this year...I seem to be slipping. ;-)

Congrats again merylinkid!

You'd better play - you have no choice!

And thanks for running this again, HalcyonDays!

You too - you'd better be back next year too!!

Congrats Merylinkid.

It's just odd to me that after the Divisional round you were in like 8th place, 9 points back & you still somehow came back to win by 1 point. I'm just gonna come right out & ask. Are you a Hexenbiest? Are you wearing a really fake & stupid looking wig right now? Lol. Seriously though, nice going.

Wingster:: so you didn't end up dead last like you thought. I'd consider that a win if I was you!!

Hope to see you back next season, I really think we have a chance of winning this thing, (Of course I'll be the actual winner & you'll be #2.)

HalcyonDays

Thanks again for doing this, it's always a lot of fun!

Just one thing, I was reading back where Xaxat made a comment about bonus points for being the regular season winner.

That may not be a bad idea for next season. Winning the regular season is something to be proud of & should be acknowledged. (Don't want to acknowledge them too much though, we want others to be able to catch up.) Just a suggestion.

Really hope to see everyone back next season!!

• Like 1

AnarchyAngel, I would not be caught dead in a bad wig.   Although some people (usually opposing counsel) have referred to me as a witch.   Okay, they might have spelled that differently.

How did I win?   By always believing in Peyton.   

• Like 1

HalcyonDays

Thanks again for doing this, it's always a lot of fun!

Just one thing, I was reading back where Xaxat made a comment about bonus points for being the regular season winner.

That may not be a bad idea for next season. Winning the regular season is something to be proud of & should be acknowledged. (Don't want to acknowledge them too much though, we want others to be able to catch up.) Just a suggestion.

Really hope to see everyone back next season!!

Remind me when this starts up again to do that. It's incredibly hard to sustain a lead for almost 17 weeks.xaxat did that for I think at least 10 weeks, and deserves huge kudos too!

So for the record:

fireworks006.gif

------->  xaxat - Winner and Dominating King of the Regular Season Pool!! <-------

--------> merylinkid - Who Made Gutsy (and Smart) Picks and Untimately Won the Entire Pool!! <------

fireworks006.gif

• Like 2

Well, damn. That happened. The Panthers lost.

Last year I think I came in third from last. This year I was fifth from winning! Major improvement for me. Congrats to the winners.

Everyone have a lovely off season. Same place, same time next year guys!

Exploding fireworks gifs? I feel like I walked into some teenage girl's blog or vlog or whatever the kids call it these days.

Don't be knocking my gifs, KoB! Gotta do something to make is stand out and look celebratory!!

Is this more to your liking? :')

banana.gif

• Like 3

I love a dancing banana!!!  ;-)

Thanks for putting this whole thing together HalcyonDays!!  Looking forward to next season!  If I can move up one spot, I'm on the medal stand!!!

• Like 1

Another thank you Halcyondays!

Just so I don't forget, my picks for next season.

Weeks 1-17: Pittsburgh

Playoffs: Pittsburgh

AFC Championship: Pittsburgh

Super Bowl: Pittsburgh!

• Like 7

Belated congratulations merrylinkid! 

Had another fun time doing this. Thanks as always Halcyon Days! 

I'll be back next year...hopefully to win but I'll settle for beating anarchyangel. 

See you all then. 

• Like 2