Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E33: Episode 33

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I loved this episode. It was full of actual strategy and discussion of said strategy, mixed with random personal moments, and ending with Austwins nominations. Good stuff all around.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 20

Finally, some good stuff.

Good strategy from Johnny throwing the HOH to Steve.

JMac's DR about the twins all over Steve was great.  Liz, please chop that pony tail beard off. 

Austin is really disgusting.  That hammock conversation was a bit TMI.  Nice way to embarrass him on TV, production!

Vanessa is dead on.  The best way to get one of them out is to leave the weakest one off the block.  JMac could be right about Vanessa hooking up with Austin should he get HOH.  It's kill or be killed at this point.

Steve is being very level headed with all this.  The talk with Austin was pretty smooth. 

Hey Austin, you should realize that if you win veto, Julia will go up next to Liz.  Unless you want to pull a Marcellus.  Save your sweetheart and go out the door.  It would be your legacy of stupid

Put a sock in it Liz.  Steve owes you nothing.

• Love 5

We didn't really need a closed captioned segment of Liz critiquing Austin in the romance department.  The shot of her clinging to the farthest sliver of bed, with her head actually hanging off the side, told the story.

And meanwhile there's Austin, fully situated about 10% past the bed midpoint, over on Liz's side. . .with Liz!

People, if you ever wake up to find yourself in either one of these positions, please pick up the fucking clue.

• Love 9

You guys, come on. Thursday Julia didn't know that saying you got a "W" meant you got a win and today they not only both don't know what salutatorian is but think Sigmund Freud was bitten by his tiger. They DID go to high school, didn't they?

Although I would have thought Steve was describing an Oedipal complex rather than a Sigmund Freud thing.

Vanessa gets what she wants all the time. I'm actually loving this because they are totally letting it happen.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 5

Sigmund Freud was bitten by his tiger. Too funny! I loved Austin's eye roll when he heard that.

Austin, please fuck off with the Judas talk. It just needs to die.

I, for one, loved JohnnyMac's DR, imitating the twins sucking up to Steve.

• Love 11

That was a really fun episode. Loved the nominations, loved John's DRs (as I do), loved Vanessa being all rational and stuff, loved Austin getting a clue but not quite, loved the twins not getting a clue, love that all six players are actually playing the game. And really, really loved Steve and John being giddy about how stupid the Austwins were to boot James over John. Because seriously....stupid.

• Love 11

I loved this episode. It was full of actual strategy and discussion of said strategy, mixed with random personal moments, and ending with Austwins nominations. Good stuff all around.

Me too! This is when the show shines.

Boy do I want to go to Vegas to catch Sigmund and Freud live on stage with their tiger... Austin's reaction made my night!

• Love 7

Well this episode confirms what I suspected....the show wouldn't be anywhere near as good with out the last two likable people in the house...James and Meg. The house had a totally different feel to it. Morose Steve pacing about waiting for Austin to wake up....Johnny Mac contributing nothing and worst of all is Vanessa and her tiring endless manipulation of the whole game...all that adds up to not a great watch. Everyone left is so unlikable...underscored by the fact that when the chips start coming down Liz and Austin really don't even like each other all that much...he was ready to abandon her at first sign of trouble and all the smack she was talking about him in the hammock...what a loathsome crew left in that house.

Also troubling is the horrific possibility of a final two of Johnny Mac and Steve who did NOTHING for the first part of the game but float through...the idea of one of them winning is horrible...though I suppose that can't happen because if it came down to a scenario where Steve had to pick between JM and Vanessa who to take...he's such a pussy and complety Vanessa's bitch that he would hand over the game to her just like that flunky from last year Cody did.

I don't even like Austin and the twins but I hate JM and Steve for not keeping Meg and I need to see them and Vanessa get tossed out short of their goal. With that said Austin do you know nothing about women?..When your girl runs out and tears its proper to chase after her...not sit around like a douche.

• Love 3

I believe Freud developed all that infantile sexuality business, with breast suckling and so forth leading to the 'universal Oedipus complex.' 

The most interesting part of the Sigmund & Freud Do Vegas! conversation was watching how the idiot twins were blowing all Austin's circuit breakers.  Is this the first time he's come up for air and listened to his girlfriend taaaaaaaaaaaaawk?

• Love 14

Nice work there Steve even though it was puppeteered by Vanessa hijacking yet another person HoH run with her "Okay, so, obviously you should put up X & Y and here's why..." talk that she gives to every HoH. Ugh. 

Judas, you don't scare me. Vanessa though? Yeah, she scares me.

I'm not really sure though that I's say "loathsome" for this group I mean with what we have seen in the way of truly loathsome human beings this remaining bunch aren't up to that level imho.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 4

I loved this episode. They did a great job putting it all together, showing the strategizing and the interpersonal relationships at play, letting us know what's going on in people's heads (some of them, at least), bringing the funny- it was great. I loathe Austin and the twins and really don't want any of them to win. I don't care for Vanessa but she has played a really good albeit erratic game.

Steve and John are my two favorites. I think laying low and acting naive about the game is a legitimate strategy for the first half of the game, but it's time to see if they can make the moves now that they need to. It'll be fun to watch.

John imitating the twins was amazing.

• Love 14

John is so quiet around the house (it seems, I only see him talk in DRs) that in my head I imagine him silently snarking on everyone. I really liked the quick cuts of brief little smiles of him on the HoH couch while he was mocking the twins. Makes me think my theory is true!

• Love 11

Whoever edited this episode has a great comedic sense. The cutaways to John sulking when he was bitching about the twins in the HOH room! Austin's expression over learning his girlfriend thinks it's Sigmund and Freud! And the time clock on Steve's popping in and out to wake Austin up. Really funny!

All that on top of good strategy-- definitely one of the best episodes of the season!

Vanessa for the win!

Edited by Cramps
  • Love 5
Johnny Mac contributing nothing

I don't want to get blood on my hands, but I disagree.  I've watched and enjoyed his little maneuverings all season.  

Although I would have thought Steve was describing an Oedipal complex rather than a Sigmund Freud thing

Oedipal Complex is the theory brought forth by Freud...and he came up with the term.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 10

I love that a grown up said with a straight face:  "I hope he honors the Scamper Squad"  As we all know from their bunny hop, or whatever it is team dance, honor is most important here, just behind dignity, I suspect.:)! 

• Love 3

And speaking of the twins, I can suddenly tell them apart. Their facial shape is so different I'm surprised they're identical versus fraternal.

I've been waiting for this to happen.

Believe it or not, I was caught in a natural disaster situation with two strangers who were identical twins.  Since it was just the three of us--shifting heavy stuff around and orchestrating our movements (and no changing clothes for days!)--I really needed to be able to specify which person I was talking to.  They were used to it and just laughed, but I felt ridiculous that I could NOT figure out some facial or physical detail to differentiate them.  "The one with the ponytail" would take off her hair scrunchie and I'd be back to zero.

We're all still close and now they don't even look very much alike.  I'm shocked that strangers can never tell them apart. 

An off-topic, but true story.

• Love 4

I've been waiting for this to happen.

Believe it or not, I was caught in a natural disaster situation with two strangers who were identical twins.  Since it was just the three of us--shifting heavy stuff around and orchestrating our movements (and no changing clothes for days!)--I really needed to be able to specify which person I was talking to.  They were used to it and just laughed, but I felt ridiculous that I could NOT figure out some facial or physical detail to differentiate them.  "The one with the ponytail" would take off her hair scrunchie and I'd be back to zero.

We're all still close and now they don't even look very much alike.  I'm shocked that strangers can never tell them apart. 

An off-topic, but true story.

Okay, now I really need to hear more about that story. I know it's off topic, but come on, that sounds like such a fascinating story that I think it's okay, especially as it is sort of kind of on point with the whole twin thing. Dish!

• Love 4

Since it was just the three of us--shifting heavy stuff around and orchestrating our movements (and no changing clothes for days!)--I really needed to be able to specify which person I was talking to.

Were they were wearing identical clothing? As for this show, I follow but I don't pay that much attention in focusing on distinctions between the two. I rely on figuring out what each one is wearing as I watch and that's how I know which is which.

Edited by pennben

If Julia will just keep curling her hair for the next couple of weeks, I will be able to tell the two of them apart.  Their annoying nasally whine is as identical as their appearance, to me.  I got a big laugh out of Johnny's comments/imitations of the twins being all over Steve in the HOH room.  I kept thinking that Steve was a brainiac in high school.  Surely he is familiar with the concept of the pretty, popular cheerleader suddenly being all interested in you when you have something she wants.  I was just hoping Steve wasn't buying any of that crap.  Speaking of Steve's HOH room, it says a lot about the guy that the main thing he wanted was a photo of the very adorable Harrison (his nephew?).  I have always had a thing for the shy, nerdy guys and I really hope some nice, sweet girl scoops Steve up after his time in the BB house. 

The Sigmund/Freud and their tiger bit?  OMG!  I recall a conversation on the Liz board not long ago that indicated she went to a very good school and was actually pretty smart.  I sincerely hope #SigmundAndFreud was Liz and Julia pretending to be giggly dumb blondes for whatever reason, because if that was real....Yikes!   Best part was definitely the look on Austin's face during that conversation.  It looked like the blood finally started traveling north again and he was actually listening to this girl he is so crazy about speak for the first time.  Kind of a rude awakening, huh, Austin?  As much as I am not an Austin/Judas fan, that #girltalk conversation in the hammock was just really cold.  Liz, you are NOT having a private conversation with your sister and you just dissed Austin's kissing skills on national TV.  You are a complete bitch and, Heaven help me, but Austin deserves better than you!  Oh, and Liz's running out of the nomination meeting in tears was completely juvenile and, I believe, meant to make Steve feel like crap for putting her up. I don't hold it against Austin for not chasing after her.  I am new to the show, but I am fairly certain the HGs aren't supposed to leave the room during the nomination ceremony.  If it had just been a normal group conversation and his girlfriend left in tears, I would be all for Austin chasing after her like a good boyfriend.  But in this case....Well, he needed to keep his butt in the chair and wait until they were dismissed from the meeting.

• Love 3

I'm not the biggest twins' fan, but I have to nitpick JMac's DR about them. Liz and Julia have good social skills and they're very, very excitable. They squeal over EVERYTHING. John isn't very observant if he's never noticed this before. Plus they generally like Steve, so it didn't seem forced or disingenuous for them to fawn over his HOH stuff. If production wanted to create a twins-are-fake narrative, they could have done it in another way, 'cause I wasn't buying it.

Died laughing over the Sigmund and Freud bit.

I can't believe there are people who can't tell the twins apart by this point. haha. Just look at their pictures and memorize the differences: Liz (top) has small eyes, a slight upturned nose, and a flatter, rounder face. Julia has big, exotic eyes, a slight hook nose, and a narrow, mousier face. Although, since one of 'em might be going home this week, might not be worth the bother.  http://i.imgur.com/Pu6nuWV.jp

• Love 2

I didn't think I would enjoy the game very much after my boy James left, but I really am. I love seeing the Austwins squirm. It's so funny and interesting how Austin is all about HIS game. He didn't really seem bothered at the prospect of Liz going up, as long as it wasn't him. I still don't care for him, but at least he's not tripping all over himself to give her the game. 

And his face when they were confusing Sigmund Freud with Sigfried and Roy? Priceless! I am thinking Liz isn't the only one who's not 100% into this "relationship".

At any rate, Steve did the smart thing and put the 93% showmance up. Vanessa drives me nutty and sometimes she really overthinks things, but I think she was entirely right this time. Julia is the worst competitor out of three, so let's just hope she doesn't pull something out of her ass and win the Veto. 

Liz and her little tantrum during noms just proved what an entitled brat she is and I hope she goes home. I'm not sure what's best for Steve's game, though. Initially I thought sending Liz home would be best because that would be the surest way to split the trio, as Austin and Julia have the weakest personal link. But J-mac did make a good point about Austin maybe getting tighter with his old buddy Vanessa. But then again, get rid of him and you still have the twins, and they're always going to be tighter than any other pairing. SO yea, I still think send Liz home.

• Love 3
Steve and John are my two favorites. I think laying low and acting naive about the game is a legitimate strategy for the first half of the game, but it's time to see if they can make the moves now that they need to. It'll be fun to watch.

I absolutely agree with this. There is a difference between "floaters" like Victoria who genuinely don't seem to have a clue and just sit around futsing with their hair all day....and "floaters" who intentionally attach themselves to powerful groups/alliances, but kind of lay low so that the target is not on them. Johnny threw comps in the beginning for Shelli and Clay, keeping himself safe with the big alliance for a long time. Steve, I think his low key early game was totally intentional. I am excited to see the two of them actually play here in these final weeks.

• Love 12

I'm not the biggest twins' fan, but I have to nitpick JMac's DR about them. Liz and Julia have good social skills and they're very, very excitable. They squeal over EVERYTHING.

You say this like it's a good thing.

It's not.  It's annoying.

• Love 4

I have a weird thing with twins where I need to find the subtle (at first, then obvious) differences between them. So I've been able to tell the twins apart for a while. I wonder if they were preemies and Julia was the smaller/sick(er) one. That's what her features make me think. Hopefully that doesn't sound rude, she's pretty and all, that's just what came to mind looking at her and seeing the difference between her and Liz.

Liz has a mean side, huh? She took a dig at Steve at the end, calling him a socially awkward nerd. I get being upset when you're on the block and going home is a reality, but did she really think Steve was going to keep her Austwins/twins alliance solid til the end? Why? Because she and Julia are nice to him?? These people kill me. Sometimes they really, truly don't understand moves that people make to benefit their own game instead of the other person. They (well, Austin, but they work as a group) *just* put Steve up. She just finished talking so much crap about him to Vanessa. So he should sacrifice his opportunity to be better than 5th in line because you allowed him the privilege of being in your presence? So glad Steve isn't so swayed by being "accepted" by the popular kids that he hurt his game.

Edited by Harperlee1
  • Love 2

I thought it was pretty funny how Austin was trying to remind Steve about their commitment to their alliance until the final 5 which is um...next week. He worked that hard. I appreciated how Steve brought up past conversations and agreements and Austin was all 'but I didn't shake on it.' I so want John and Steve as the final 2 as I think that would make everyone else's heads explode.

• Love 5

I'm not the biggest twins' fan, but I have to nitpick JMac's DR about them. Liz and Julia have good social skills and they're very, very excitable. They squeal over EVERYTHING. John isn't very observant if he's never noticed this before. Plus they generally like Steve, so it didn't seem forced or disingenuous for them to fawn over his HOH stuff. If production wanted to create a twins-are-fake narrative, they could have done it in another way, 'cause I wasn't buying it.

+1.

After the Sigmund Freud discussion, I was thinking how can two twenty-something high school graduates not know who Sigmund Freud is. But it gets worse...I just realized that the twins are college graduates.

But... But...But... Liz graduated from Loyola and was on honor roll 1 semester.

• Love 2

. Liz and her little tantrum during noms just proved what an entitled brat she is and I hope she goes home. I'm not sure what's best for Steve's game, though. Initially I thought sending Liz home would be best because that would be the surest way to split the trio, as Austin and Julia have the weakest personal link. But J-mac did make a good point about Austin maybe getting tighter with his old buddy Vanessa. But then again, get rid of him and you still have the twins, and they're always going to be tighter than any other pairing. SO yea, I still think send Liz home.

If you're interested, I'm going to respond in the Episodes v. feeds thread (yes, I'm still trying to make that thread happen!).

• Love 4

You are giving the twins too much credit. They said lion, not tiger. They could not even get the animal right.

Wow. That reminds me of the other twins from the other switch thinking Will's comment about karma coming around to them was about "Karma Electra."

CBS if you have to cast twins for a twist please make them less dumbass. Jessica & Elizabeth should be a good criteria to start.

The casting for BB in general sucks now which is why we have assholes not gaming at all or wigging out gaming too hard or delusional about fame and romance or crazy or popping pills.

Edited by Petunia13

I just looked at the bio section on the Big Brother official site and this is what it says about Liz:

Oh-kaaaay...

They publish what info is supplied to them. I can't imagine that they demand proof of GPA, etc.

I, to, loved Austins expression during that conversation. Only time I can use "Austin" & "Love" in the same sentence.

• Love 1

There were so many gems in this episode. I vowed to not watch when James and Meg left but I am glad I did. Steve looking into the camera saying the Austwins  are idiots for keeping John in the game; JMacs mimicking the twins over Steve's HOH win; Liz dissing Austin on the hammock with Julia; Steve busting Austin about lying that he would not put him and JMac up together; Liz talking about cutting Austin off the way she wanted to cut off his ponytail beard; Austin plotting to take the twins out.

But what was more hilarious? Austin losing it over the Sigmund Freud conversation? Or the twins being so happy in the beginning that Steve won HOH?

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 3

Ugh, I didn't need Liz to 'confess' about Austin's lack of makeout skills... I knew already because I have eyes. Gross!! He reminds me of Brad the Bad Kisser from Sex and the City. 

So let's see... he smells, he is a terrible kisser, he has a ponytail beard... mmmmmm what a catch!

• Love 4

How come only one of Austin's eyes gets tired? Every episode it falls lower and lower on his face. And then when he smiles in the DR the edge of his grin is super close to his one eye lid so for moments at a time he kind of looks like a gargoyle, or like he's doing an impression of his own imagined logo. Sorry, is this guy a thing? I can't even be bothered to google him. He's just so invasive, like too much.  I can smell him, too, you know?  

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 7

So let's see... he smells, he is a terrible kisser, he has a ponytail beard... mmmmmm what a catch!

Don't forget he wants to make out all the time (same hammock convo) and that he has octopus arms and is tattooed (badly) head to toe. Quite a catch indeed.

ETA: He also has an aversion to wearing shirts.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 3