Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Awards Season

• Start Topic

I like competitive exes like James Cameron and Kathryn Bigelow.

It's already up - saw it via a FB post, and it's really good. I'm not planning to watch the rest of the awards, either, but the monologue was good.

I did like how he talked about there's no reason to separating the acting category by gender. "It's not track and field! Robert Deniro's not going to say "I better slow my acting down so Meryl Streep can catch up!"

Nah, the first half of his monologue was so ridiculous and pandering that it pretty much canceled out all of the good (but previously and better stated (via Viola Davis and other black industry actors, directors, etc.) sentiments of the last half. He made way better points in his THR interview from months ago that this hosting gig, tonight.

Chris Rock has two voices: the one he uses in his stand up(raspy yelling, that a lot of people use to imitate him) and his soft spoken thoughtful voice. The latter is the one I hear when I read interviews of him. I remember one where he said how much Bill Murray being in Tokyo in LOST IN TRANSLATION was how it felt to be black and rich.