Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Run Away

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Dabronx, I totally agree with everything you said and I was just coming here to post that! Cole should not be moving in until there is a real promise and commitment of the future (at least engagement). When there is a child involved, you have to think that way whether you like it or not. The rush of wanting to play house with someone needs to be shelved. It's selfish, in my opinion. Not that Chelsea is generally selfish...I actually think she is the best mom of the 4 and a good mom in general. But maybe my opinion is different because I did not move into my now husbands house until a week before our wedding. It sucked at times to not live together and I moved a few times while we dated as my living situations changed, but we put aside the convenience of me just moving in, for his kids' (from a previous marriage) sake. Also, I think it's sweet that Aubrey wants to call him Dad but she is 4. I don't really think she has decision-making skills about this type of thing at that age...she can gently be corrected for now, and given the decision later when she is older (and they are a more committed family).

• Love 7

I just thought of something!!

Remember when Nathan said to Jenelle,"I had a 5-10 to 15 year plan with you"? Not verbatim of course, was he basically saying,"I was planning on riding these many years until the mtv checks ran out but even I can't put with the amount of crazy that follows you" lol.

I may be reading too much into that but when I'm with someone serious at the age they are...15 years puts there relationship ending before they reach 40 years old, haha.

• Love 7

Sadly I think they are going to ignore Isaacs sweet personality and continue putting him in the role of the typical sports crazed boy. No musical theatre classes for him.

Exactly. Kailyn loves to show how "progressive" she is, and she did the no h8 thing, but I actually think she's a lot more stuck on gender roles than she would like for people to know. She seems like someone who loves to smugly talk about how awful other people's daughters will be in their teen years. As if no boy has ever been a difficult teen, and the hallmark of every woman's life is what a terror she was as a teenager.

• Love 9

Javi is such a pussy I'm embarrassed for him. He really didn't see any problem with how Kail was acting during that soccer game? I wouldn't want a coach like that coaching my kids.

I would be humiliated if Kail was my parent, spouse or friend in that situation (or any situation, really). But what's Javi going to do? We've seen her flip out when he criticizes or disagrees with her in private, can you imagine what would happen if he said to her in front of Jo, Vee and all the other parents something like, "bae, relax. They're playing 5 year old soccer. Big Papi's got this." She would turn green and double in size.

• Love 8

Dabronx, I totally agree with everything you said and I was just coming here to post that! Cole should not be moving in until there is a real promise and commitment of the future (at least engagement). When there is a child involved, you have to think that way whether you like it or not. The rush of wanting to play house with someone needs to be shelved. It's selfish, in my opinion. Not that Chelsea is generally selfish...I actually think she is the best mom of the 4 and a good mom in general. But maybe my opinion is different because I did not move into my now husbands house until a week before our wedding. It sucked at times to not live together and I moved a few times while we dated as my living situations changed, but we put aside the convenience of me just moving in, for his kids' (from a previous marriage) sake. Also, I think it's sweet that Aubrey wants to call him Dad but she is 4. I don't really think she has decision-making skills about this type of thing at that age...she can gently be corrected for now, and given the decision later when she is older (and they are a more committed family).

Engagement and marriage is not a promise for a future. You didn't move in together until your wedding, I've been in a very happy non married relationship for 26 years and he moved in with me and my kids about ten days after we met.

Everybody is different and even if she did get married, marriage isn't the promise of commitment that you seem to think it is. Have you see the US divorce rate?

• Love 5

I have to confess, even though you guys may think I am a p.o.s. I was 16 & pregnant, kept the baby to raise by myself. I met a man 10 years older than me, my kids was only 3, but it was her that decided to call him dad. I tried hard to get her to stop, her own dad hardly ever saw her, so I think she was just normally wanting a dad in her life, like her friends had. Anyway, he and I married after knowing each other for 6 months. This December we will celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary. And now my daughter has a real relationship with her bio-dad and his new kids, as well as the other 2 daughters my husband & I had. And has given me 5 grand kids.

I was pretty much the first girl he ever loved, and at that time, his mother was pretty much ashamed that he was marrying a kid, with a kid. After all of these years, I love her as a mother.

Given more time, these things can work themselves out for what is best for the kids. They do have minds of their own, like Aubree does, and are not dumb when they are still so young. We don't give them enough credit for knowing themselves how they feel. 

Oh, not at all. Sounds like you made some great choices and in the end you are one happy family. A young girl can have a baby, but it is the choices she makes that will make a difference. Looking at Jenelle, Kail, and Leah, you can easily see that they continue to make shitty choices and some of the same ones over and over. That is what makes them POS.

I posted something similar in my post. I commented that sometimes children will imitate what they hear other kids say, they will put labels or names on the adults in their lives, and I believe Chelsea when she said that Aubree started that all on her own. It doesn't take much for a kid to follow what other kids say and do. If she is hearing other kids calling the adult man in their home "dad", and here she sees Cole in her own home, she likely just put two and two together. It is likely her friends refer to Cole as "Aubree's dad" and Aubree just goes with that label. The bottom line is, Aubree also knows Adam is her dad. I just hope Adam doesn't take this out on Aubree. I hope, but I know that won't happen.

Doesn't Isaac call Javi "daddy" as well? Now, we know that was Karl's doing.  I haven't heard Jo get all upset about it. I think Jo feels it is a sign of respect to the guy who is the step-parent to his son. Jo also seems to respect the home that his son is being raised in. Unlike Javi, who forgets that his home is also Isaac's home and Kailyn's home.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

marriage isn't the promise of commitment

We can see that very thing happening on this show. Kail is mad at Javi, she quickly threatens divorce. Leah is engaged to Jermy, but she professes her love for Cory, breaks off her engagement, runs to Cory, he doesn't want her, she runs back to Jermy who then takes her back like the fool that he is. Engagement and marriage does not necessarily equate commitment. The commitment comes when two mature people decide that they will be together through thick and thin and when shit hits the fan, they will make the conscious effort to work through the hard times. If needed, they promise to seek professional help. Through that help, they can decide if they are willing to work at fixing what is broken. Not do what Karl and Javi did which is they go to therapy and don't do the follow-up work.

My spouse and I made the decision early on that if we ever faced a problem that we couldn't agree on, we would seek professional help. It also seems obvious if one enters into a relationship with a lot of mental baggage, they are doomed to have issues in the relationship.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
Javi's thought about Kail at Soccer. He supported her.

https://twitter.com/...629574624669696

LOL, He said his parents always yelled at HIM during his games. Explains why he picked such an overbearing shrew for a wife. He probably doesn't know how to wipe his ass without getting yelled at.

I just thought of something!!

Remember when Nathan said to Jenelle,"I had a 5-10 to 15 year plan with you"? Not verbatim of course, was he basically saying,"I was planning on riding these many years until the mtv checks ran out but even I can't put with the amount of crazy that follows you" lol.

I may be reading too much into that but when I'm with someone serious at the age they are...15 years puts there relationship ending before they reach 40 years old, haha.

I don't think you're reading too much into it all. Whose fiance talks about their future in terms of five years increments??? Most people would say, "I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you". Nathan clearly never had that intention.

• Love 11

Oh, not at all. Sounds like you made some great choices and in the end you are one happy family. A young girl can have a baby, but it is the choices she makes that will make a difference. Looking at Jenelle, Kail, and Leah, you can easily see that they continue to make shitty choices and some of the same ones over and over. That is what makes them POS.

I posted something similar in my post. I commented that sometimes children will imitate what they hear other kids say, they will put labels or names on the adults in their lives, and I believe Chelsea when she said that Aubree started that all on her own. It doesn't take much for a kid to follow what other kids say and do. If she is hearing other kids calling the adult man in their home "dad", and here she sees Cole in her own home, she likely just put two and two together. It is likely her friends refer to Cole as "Aubree's dad" and Aubree just goes with that label. The bottom line is, Aubree also knows Adam is her dad. I just hope Adam doesn't take this out on Aubree. I hope, but I know that won't happen.

Doesn't Isaac call Javi "daddy" as well? Now, we know that was Karl's doing. I haven't heard Jo get all upset about it. I think Jo feels it is a sign of respect to the guy who is the step-parent to his son. Jo also seems to respect the home that his son is being raised in. Unlike Javi, who forgets that his home is also Isaac's home and Kailyn's home.

I have only heard isaac call javi by his name and heard kail refer to him as javi to isaac. A couple episodes ago when javi took off for the night a clearly distraught issac kept saying he missed javi and he wanted to say goodnight to Javi.

What do/did leah's twins call jeremy? I realize I dont remember them calling him anything!

I think with the open talk around aubree she knows her mom does not like her dad and obviously likes cole. I do think she is taking cues from chelsea. Chelsea may not be aware of it even. I think aubree is the smartest one in her home :).

• Love 6

Isaac calls Javi "other daddy":

http://www.inquisitr.com/2117828/kailyn-lowry-slammed-by-followers-for-calling-javi-marroquin-a-great-father/

Kail doesn't correct Isaac when he calls Javi "dad". Jo does acknowledge that Isaac sometimes calls people different things such as calling Jo "Javi" or calling his grandmother (Jo's mom) "Vee".  This is an example of what was being pointed out by me and another poster. Children will call adults different names, labels, titles, it just happens sometimes:

http://www.examiner.com/article/teen-mom-2-jo-rivera-speaks-out-on-son-calling-javi-dad

What do/did leah's twins call jeremy? I realize I dont remember them calling him anything!

Leah pushed the girls to telling Jermy they love him. That was in the first months of dating.

• Love 4

Engagement and marriage is not a promise for a future. You didn't move in together until your wedding, I've been in a very happy non married relationship for 26 years and he moved in with me and my kids about ten days after we met.

Everybody is different and even if she did get married, marriage isn't the promise of commitment that you seem to think it is. Have you see the US divorce rate?

I get what you're saying, I guess for some people engagement and marriage is not what defines the commitment part but for me, it's a big deal. Marriage was the defining commitment for us. Some people don't need that for the commitment part and work out beautifully, like you and your partner did. Obviously most of these girls don't take engagement seriously or think marriage=forever and that makes me sad, because it's not what marriage is supposed to be in my opinion. Moving in with a partner when kids are involved is also a bigger deal to me than most, I guess, and I get that not everyone thinks that way. Maybe I'm an old fuddy duddy too! :)

I'm just wondering if chels and cole sat down to seriously discuss the commitment part of it or were just like, La la la we are happy and like, haven't fought for the whole ten months of being together so let's like, move in together and be a family!!

Edited by Peachyqueen
  • Love 11

I remember the girls saying they loved him (with leah's coaching) and that they missed him. Just not what they call him :)

I wasnt arguing that isaac doesnt call javi dad. I just don't remember hearing him do it and am surprised. When my kids came back from visitation when they were little they called me by their dad's girlfriend's name for a day or two. Bleh!

• Love 3

I never heard Isaac call Javi daddy on the show. I do hear him say Javi so he probably is more used to use his name. I also never heard Kail say to Isaac 'daddy went away'. She always says Javi.

That Isaac is not saying it (as far as we can tell) says a lot since he is way more used to Javi then Aubree is used to Cole so I think Aubree picks up on Chelsea's emotional attachment and because her father is way less involved then Jo is. But still. I feel Chelsea needs to be more emotionally stable, she is way too thirsty. I understand she is happy but she needs to let Aubree know way more then she is doing that they are just a big group of people who love each other. Not 'here is Cole..isn't he cute for a father and my husband.'

Edited by TM2
  • Love 4

I posted links above that show Isaac does call Javi "daddy".

Kailyn Lowry has revealed on the reality show that she doesn’t correct Isaac when he calls Javi dad, as she feels like her husband has been a very important father figure to Isaac, and that her son loves Javi as if he were his own father, although she says Jo is a great father to their son

I seem to recall a scene where Kail was asked, by Javi I think, how would she feel if Isaac called Vee, "mom".

Going back to the soccer scene for a moment. When Javi kissed Vee on the cheek, it is thought Karl's head would explode. I think she would have exploded if Javi had kissed Jo on the cheek instead. :-)

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

That can be the case. But I am going by what I see on the show. I haven't seen Isaac being so natural in calling him daddy or other daddy or whatever. He always says Javi. So he probably is not used to it. He has also been a constant factor in his life for the last 3+ years so I see it as encouraging that he doesn't call him that at all times. 

With Chelsea this is way too fast. Just cause she is happy doesn't make it a good idea. And just cause everyone has a great personal story where it all did work out perfectly doesn't make their story the rule. People need to protect their kids first. And I feel Chelsea is really going to have one dissapointed little girl if things with Cole don't work out. That is unfair to Aubree. Especially since I feel Chelsea herself will be a mess if that happens. She isn't a bitch like Kail who can survive on nothing. If Chelsea is hurt she will need a whole lot of Randy to get her going again.

Edited by TM2
  • Love 9

Jenelle and Nathan are disgusting. Poor Kaiser.

I know BrandonAndTheresa (who adopted Carly, original Teen Mom Catelynn & Tyler's baby), live in the Carolinas, as do Jenelle and Nathan. Could Jenelle and Nathan please just give them Kaiser?

My area (which is something between a rural area and a suburb) doesn't have a gym with childcare, so maybe there isn't one in their area (although I'm not sure where they live). I understand needing an hour or so away to workout when you have kids and a job, etc. However,neither of these idiots have full-time jobs or are stay-at-home parents. But The Roll goes to daycare (even though Nathan has no job & Jenelle goes to school two days per week). Nathan needs to do his gym time during the hours Kaiser is at daycare. I'm scared for the day when neither wants to watch him but one of them is stuck with him and does something drastic and awful (a la Casey Anthony). Poor Kaiser. Learn to walk and head over to BrandonAndTheresa's stat!

Where and how did Nathan get that new truck?

Leah's whole storyline was confusing with the exception of one thing that was crystal clear - Mama Dawn is an immature bitch. I cannot believe the bitchy way she told Corey she'd rather not say where the facility was where she planned to take HIS kids. Bitch, heave a seat. He's their father. You have no right to talk to him that way and think you can keep secrets from him. If it was an issue of not wanting to say it on camera, you could have told him you'd text him with the info when you got home and then wait to hear from him. Her tone and attitude were totally and unnecessary.

I'm not bothered by the Chelsea/Cole move-in & "dad" stuff. I just wish they wouldn't talk about Aubree's dad around her, even if Adam is an asshole. She'll find that out all by herself soon enough; in fact, she already is seeing that.

Kail needs to stop. Maybe Isaac will grow to be into sports at an older age. I would have hated playing sports at his age, but started playing them around age 10 and fell in love with volleyball and basketball. As an adult, I played in a beach volleyball league for fun and became a distance runner. I would have been scared off from team sports forever if my parents had put me in them at age 5 and then screamed at me. I hate to think of what all I would have missed as a teen and adult. Did Kail play sports as a kid/teen? Man, I'd hate to see her coming after me on a Lacrosse filed or something.

• Love 6

He always says Javi

Um, no. Not always. Isaac said "daddy" to Javi in the 2014 season finale episode more than once. Kail and Javi also gave a video interview where they said he says it quite frequently to Javi for which Kail doesn't apologize. Jo also supported Kail in that he says Isaac gets confused and he won't get upset at his son for calling Javi his dad.

If Chelsea is hurt she will need a whole lot of Randy to get her going again.

So what? Chelsea is at fault because she has a great father and mother while Kail ended up with Suzy? Kail has plenty of support. That is, until she spits on those people.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 10

Um, no. Not always. Isaac said "daddy" to Javi in the 2014 season finale episode more than once. Kail and Javi also gave a video interview where they said he says it quite frequently to Javi for which Kail doesn't apologize. Jo also supported Kail in that he says Isaac gets confused and he won't get upset at his son for calling Javi his dad.

So what? Chelsea is at fault because she has a great father and mother while Kail ended up with Suzy? Kail has plenty of support. That is, until she spits on those people.

I didn't say she is at fault for having a great father. I said she will be mess if her and Cole don't work out and it will dissapoint her daughter for being so close with Cole already. She doesn't have that fighter mentality so has to be prepared for not setting herself up for failure. It is being protective of her daughter. I didn't even compare it to Kail in that way so I have no idea why you are bringing Suzy up or Kails support system.

Well, not always then. Most of the time if you will. Im saying I hear him saying Javi a lot more. I think he is also just used to hearing everyone saying Javi all the time so he goes with it more easily.

Edited by TM2
  • Love 8

She isn't a bitch like Kail who can survive on nothing.

Kail can't survive until she takes, takes, and takes. If she could survive on nothing, why then steal her mother's television? Why steal $600 from Jo? Why marry a guy for benefits? That doesn't equate surviving on nothing. LOL

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

No, I think people on this site truly care about these little kids. I just feel like a failure for getting pregnant so young, girls who let that happen are pretty dumb, and the kids always pay the price if things go south. I don't have much self-confidence. 

Yes, my story turned out great, but it could have gone bad just as easily.

Aubree is the same age as my only grand daughter, they look and sound so much alike.

• Love 1

Kail can't survive until she takes, takes, and takes. If she could survive on nothing, why then steal her mother's television? Why steal $600 from Jo? That doesn't equate surviving on nothing. LOL

That is surviving on nothing. Nothing means just that. You are talking about her method to get out of 'nothing'. Her ways to get out of nothing are close to criminal. She is a opportunist who will take what she can get. Chelsea is not like that which is a good thing. Anyway. I was more talking in a emotional sense anyway.

Edited by TM2
  • Love 5

That is surviving on nothing. Nothing means just that. You are talking about her method to get out of 'nothing'. Her ways to get out of nothing are close to criminal. She is a opportunist who will take what she can get. Chelsea is not like that which is a good thing. Anyway. I was more talking in a emotional sense anyway.

I wouldn't call having a support system that provided free room, board and childcare surviving on nothing. Kail chose to commit criminal acts. If she weren't such a grifter, she would have a degree, a job and her own place by now. Granted, she wouldn't have those oh so awesome military benefits but she also wouldn't be having screaming matches with her spouse in front of her kids either.

• Love 2

I wouldn't call having a support system that provided free room, board and childcare surviving on nothing. Kail chose to commit criminal acts. If she weren't such a grifter, she would have a degree, a job and her own place by now. Granted, she wouldn't have those oh so awesome military benefits but she also wouldn't be having screaming matches with her spouse in front of her kids either.

I have no idea why everyone is assuming I am talking in a material sense since I clearly mentioned Chelsea's emotional state compared to a bitch like Kail who is used to surviving on nothing (emotionally). I have responded on it though in a previous post to GreatKazu because I felt like it but won't be doing it again since my original post that is being quoted was not about material stuff at all and was misunderstood.

Edited by TM2
  • Love 8

With the divorce rate being so high these days, Aubree must be around other kids with a dad and step-dad, or live-in boyfriend. I wonder how those kids talk about their real dads as well as live-in or step-dads. There must be a lot more in Aubree's situation, we don't know what things she hears while around other kids. Kids do talk about those things.

Having grand kids, I am so surprised how fast these kids grow up these days, I sure wasn't that smart when I was their age! 

• Love 3

I have no idea why everyone is assuming I am talking in a material sense since I clearly mentioned Chelsea's emotional state compared to a bitch like Kail. I have responded on it though in a previous post but won't be doing it again since my original post that is being quoted was not about material stuff at all.

Ok, well, Kail had emotional support from Janet. The woman repeatedly went against her own flesh and blood in favor of Kail only to be repaid with blatant disrespect, laziness and lies. While her mother was a grade A piece of crap, she went hard in the paint for Kail when she screwed over the Riveras. How was she repaid? Having her stuff stolen out of her home while she was at work. Kail's husband has tried to provide her with emotional support only to have her physically assault him and lie about vacations and dumping her kids on his family without notice. If Kail doesn't have support, it is because she can't accept support like a normal human being.

• Love 6

I apologize for being a little off topic... But I feel like I've seen a couple of posts refer to "Karl"... Did I miss something? (Extremely possible seeing as I rarely just watch tv without multitasking) or is everybody's devices autocorrecting "Kail" (also very possible because autocorrect is the tool of satan.) I don't feel like taking the effort to quote because it's been over the last couple of days... But I'll pay more attention if I see it again.

• Love 3

Ok, well, Kail had emotional support from Janet. The woman repeatedly went against her own flesh and blood in favor of Kail only to be repaid with blatant disrespect, laziness and lies. While her mother was a grade A piece of crap, she went hard in the paint for Kail when she screwed over the Riveras. How was she repaid? Having her stuff stolen out of her home while she was at work. Kail's husband has tried to provide her with emotional support only to have her physically assault him and lie about vacations and dumping her kids on his family without notice. If Kail doesn't have support, it is because she can't accept support like a normal human being.

Well great. Thanks for your analyses. I also feel she has a lot of issues in accepting support or help and is extremely defensive. Still has nothing to do with my post. My post was about Chelsea who is emotionally vulnerable compared to a bitch like Kail. That is all :)

Edited by TM2
  • Love 4

I only began watching Teen Mom2 moms when Kail was living with Jo's parents. I was shocked at the way she treated them, after all they gave/did for her. She just didn't give a rat's ass about mooching off of them, as if it was their duty! I was happy when they booted her out. Kail seems to lack a conscious. And a brain.

• Love 7

Well great. Thanks for your analyses. I also feel she has a lot of issues in accepting support or help and is extremely defensive. Still has nothing to do with my post. My post was about Chelsea who is emotionally vulnerable compared to a bitch like Kail. That is all :)

Well what exactly are you thinking Vhelsea is going to do? Off herself? Turn to drugs? Neglect her child? She might be bummed about it but I doubt it will send her life into a tailspin.

• Love 2

I don't believe for a second that it was aubrees idea to call cole dad. And even though marriage is not a guarantee Chelsea has said that she does want to be married and she wants to be married before she has other kids. So she does not have the commitment that she wants but is firmly placing cole as a father figure in aubrees life. That sounds like a bad idea to me.

• Love 8

Well what exactly are you thinking Vhelsea is going to do? Off herself? Turn to drugs? Neglect her child? She might be bummed about it but I doubt it will send her life into a tailspin.

No. Cry in her bed while Aubree comes in. Call Randy in the morning cause she feels so sad. Tell Aubree that mommy is really heartbroken. Sleep with Adam. Kind of like her life before Cole.

• Love 10

I apologize for being a little off topic... But I feel like I've seen a couple of posts refer to "Karl"... Did I miss something? (Extremely possible seeing as I rarely just watch tv without multitasking) or is everybody's devices autocorrecting "Kail" (also very possible because autocorrect is the tool of satan.) I don't feel like taking the effort to quote because it's been over the last couple of days... But I'll pay more attention if I see it again.

It started out as an auto-correct error. It is now a running joke. I find it fitting since Kail acts like the man of the house.

• Love 5

No. Cry in her bed while Aubree comes in. Call Randy in the morning cause she feels so sad. Tell Aubree that mommy is really heartbroken. Sleep with Adam. Kind of like her life before Cole.

I don't think she would sleep with Adam but even if she did that is child's play compared to her cast mates. Chelsea is the most emotionally stable out of all of the teen moms on her show.

• Love 6

If Chelsea & Cole break up, I think she has really grown up and matured, and yes, will be needing Randy. But I just can't see her running to Adam for a quickie, I hope she is a lot smarter than that.

If she is getting treated like a princess by Cole, then of course a break up would tear her up. 

Off to Farmer`s Market, have a great day:)

• Love 5

I don't think she would sleep with Adam but even if she did that is child's play compared to her cast mates. Chelsea is the most emotionally stable out of all of the teen moms on her show.

I think all these kids will greatly benefit if we just tell them that compared to other castmates they are not doing so bad. I look at everyone at their own potential. So 3 other random girls on the same show are not enough for me to look at Chelsea as emotionally stable nor it will make any mistakes she makes childs play. I feel she has grown but she is also almost in her mid twenties. But I don't think she has really grown up. She just has Cole now so she can play house.

Edited by TM2
  • Love 5

I think all these kids will greatly benefit if we just tell them that compared to other castmates they are not doing so bad. I look at everyone at their own potential. So 3 other random girls on the same show are not enough for me to look at Chelsea as emotionally stable nor it will make any mistakes she makes childs play. I feel she is immature. Still is. She just has Cole now so she can play house.

Well I would have agreed if this were the first two years of the show but Chelsea has made a huge amount of growth. I see nothing on the show nor through other means like blogs and social media to suggest that she is a messed up parent. Do you have any recent examples?

• Love 2

It started out as an auto-correct error. It is now a running joke. I find it fitting since Kail acts like the man of the house.

Lol... It's funny because it's true. Thank you! I knew I hadn't been extremely attentive, but I thought I was focusing enough to notice a new character.

Lol... It's funny because it's true. Thank you! I knew I hadn't been extremely attentive, but I thought I was focusing enough to notice a new character.

Well I would have agreed if this were the first two years of the show but Chelsea has made a huge amount of growth. I see nothing on the show nor through other means like blogs and social media to suggest that she is a messed up parent. Do you have any recent examples?

You are writing your own narrative because I never said she is a messed up parent. I said I don't feel she has really grown up, she has just grown.

So no, I have no examples of something I didn't even claim.

• Love 9

You are writing your own narrative because I never said she is a messed up parent. I said I don't feel she has really grown up, she has just grown.

So no, I have no examples of something I didn't even claim.

So your point is that Chelsea will be sad if Cole breaks up with her? Well ok.
  • Love 1

I don't believe for a second that it was aubrees idea to call cole dad. And even though marriage is not a guarantee Chelsea has said that she does want to be married and she wants to be married before she has other kids. So she does not have the commitment that she wants but is firmly placing cole as a father figure in aubrees life. That sounds like a bad idea to me.

I don't think Chelsea explicitly told Aubree to call Cole "dad" but she's definitely been obvious about replacing Adam with Cole. For what it's worth, I don't think she's a horrible person for wanting a good father for her child. I just wish she'd held off on moving him in until they were engaged or married.

• Love 9

I can kind of give Chelsea a pass. My son is an only child and is always with my husband and myself. I am sure there are plenty of people who think we have too many adult conversations in front of him but we don't think so. So as far as I am concerned I don't think she is doing much harm. I think most parents know their children and know what they can handle (not you Jenelle or Leah). Plus, in my opinion, I don't have a problem with her calling Cole dad. My husband is an identical twin and my son always called his uncle daddy since they look so much alike. We just let it go and he grew out of it. It made it more comfortable for him as a baby.

Who was that random baby Adam's friend was holding at the graduation?

Kali, how much money do you make from the show? And it doesn't cover Issac's expenses? What the heck?? I realize Jo has a responsibility to his child and he does pay child support. But why do you think it should keep getting raised? Come on already. If you were just making minimum wage and really struggling I could see an increase. But you make 6 figures from the show, plus speaking engagements and your book. I am sure you can live just fine on what you have. You have reached a new low in my opinion.

• Love 8

No, I think people on this site truly care about these little kids. I just feel like a failure for getting pregnant so young, girls who let that happen are pretty dumb, and the kids always pay the price if things go south. I don't have much self-confidence.

Yes, my story turned out great, but it could have gone bad just as easily.

You don't sound like a failure to me.  You just said your story turned out great, but that just doesn't happen randomly.  That takes a lot of hard work.  You were just a kid, and and kids do stupid shit.  Don't be so hard on yourself. 

I don't foresee Chelsea and Cole EVER breaking up.  She had such a hard time getting over Adam and he treated her like shit.  She's lucky that she's fallen now for Cole, who seems like a pretty decent guy.  Yeah.  I don't think they're breaking up. 

• Love 6

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking all of the current financial info to the court and letting the judge make an accurate child support determination. This seems like the only appropriate move to me.

I'm maybe wrong about this, but I'm under the assumption that to determine child support, a court would look at tax statements to determine parents earnings and then decide how much the non custodial parent would need to provide. I thought that CS was mostly about being able to provide equal lifestyles at both homes (in addition to obviously providing the necessities for a child)...honestly wondering, if that happened and the courts looked at their records, wouldn't Jo make WAY less than Kail? I'm not sure if I phrased that right, hope it makes sense.

• Love 2