Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E22: Justice Served

John Walsh (America's Most Wanted) interviews the investigative team. Included: a behind-the-scenes perspective and updates on past cases.

There was some conflicting information on what's airing tonight from TVDB versus TV Guide, but once I heard on the local news that a case from Bradley County, TN which I know aired earlier would be on tonight, that's my clue that the above info is correct.

I like the updates, and I like the interviews with the team and the 'civilians', but I guess I don't like the staging and format. Why do we need a studio audience, with applause at every introduction and every other comment (and accompanying camera cuts to smiling or concerned audience members)? it just feels like a lot of padding when the interviews themselves could be more in depth than just 'how do you feel' and 'god bless you' ('...now get off the couch for the next one').

Maybe a round table would work better, with no audience.

it made them all look less than professional.

I respectfully disagree. I think the point was to humanize them, to show them as not 'just-the-facts, ma'am' every minute. Plus it gives a window into how to balance the grim work they do with the rest of their life.  I certainly do eyerolling on my couch at what-all they encounter, and it makes me feel better that they're eye-rolling too, just edited out and saved for the gag reel.

• Love 2

As for the humor used, every profession that works with people in their worst moments, hospital ERs, firemen, police, lawyers, psychiatric workers, all use a dark, inappropriate to share with the outside world, humor at times. It's what helps them get through the awful things they see and do routinely. I worked in psych for a long time and some days, you had to crack jokes over what was going on or you cracked. Coping skill, and you don't do the jokes with the patients or the hurt, this is strictly between co-workers.

• Love 7

I like the updates, and I like the interviews with the team and the 'civilians', but I guess I don't like the staging and format. Why do we need a studio audience, with applause at every introduction and every other comment (and accompanying camera cuts to smiling or concerned audience members)? it just feels like a lot of padding when the interviews themselves could be more in depth than just 'how do you feel' and 'god bless you' ('...now get off the couch for the next one').

Maybe a round table would work better, with no audience.

I respectfully disagree. I think the point was to humanize them, to show them as not 'just-the-facts, ma'am' every minute. Plus it gives a window into how to balance the grim work they do with the rest of their life.  I certainly do eyerolling on my couch at what-all they encounter, and it makes me feel better that they're eye-rolling too, just edited out and saved for the gag reel.

I so agree with this. I love this show and I could not make it through this whole episode. I wish TV people would be more open to the fact that sometimes it's best to go outside the box. At least dump the studio audience.

• Love 3

It was interesting how the Detective commented on how he'd rather have cell phone evidence than DNA evidence. Which backs up the two cases who really turned on cell phone data. Especially the one with the minister who went to Arizona after this woman suddenly disappeared, 

• Love 2

I missed this - would someone be kind enough to paraphrase her remarks?  Thanks!

Walnutqueen, I don't know if anyone ever answered you.  I'm behind in my crime shows and just watched this yesterday.  This isn't word-for-word, but Kelly essentially said:

Criticize me if you want, say what you want, but I'm doing my job.

• Love 1