Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: London Calling

Well, at least they got the dysfunctional part of a traditional Thanksgiving gathering down.

I actually and well, thankfully have never had a dysfunctional Thanksgiving....we all just kind of get along....I know that doesn't play to the snark effect but well, it is what it is lol

• Love 2

Ok I will admit that Marisa was being a little extra about strapping on her monogrammed cross to bear, but does anyone really think there was a way for her to make Juliet happy? I got the vibe of someone who wanted to have a problem and was going to create a ruckus come hell or high water. Juliet must be a truly exhausting friend.

• Love 7
Ok I will admit that Marisa was being a little extra about strapping on her monogrammed cross to bear, but does anyone really think there was a way for her to make Juliet happy? I got the vibe of someone who wanted to have a problem and was going to create a ruckus come hell or high water. Juliet must be a truly exhausting friend.

I think Marisa is somewhat of a "people pleaser" so it is easier for her to earn her paycheck by playing the martyr rather than acting like a bitch!

• Love 1

Hilarious princelina! I love my Bravo shows but nothing trumps Survivor for me too. 

I know, I feel the same, but in my case it's because Julie made zero impression on me last year. I do remember thinking she lucked out marrying into that estate but today when I saw she had four kids I was totally confused. Did she have four kids last year? Or did she buy them for the show?  I'm sorry to hear her husband is ill. 

As for annoying Juliet, I can see her emotional point of view, but she's fighting a lost cause if she wants to replicate that afternoon football on the tv, turkey cooking in the oven smell, fall leaves on the ground, sitting around like a beached whale afterwards Thanksgiving feel in London.  And, if Thanksgiving is just a regular work day in London where is Juliet going to be all day anyway since Caroline HAS to work  (its in her blood you know!). Wouldn't it just be better for Juliet to cook a turkey in her own home and make memories for herself and kids there?  

There is no argument that can make me turn off these British backdrops. I don't care how insipid it gets.  So it seems as if Juliet had to downgrade her home too? Why can't these Bravo stars keep their money?  There should be a clause that if you move into a smaller house you are off the show as I am watching to see a lifestyle I don't have access to in my own life.  A lifestyle like that cold-hearted Caroline shows us. I would never want to be friends with Caroline but she is a great cast member.  "My toast please!"

It's seems like to be "unwritten" requirement that in order to stay on  Bravo you can't be "legitimately" rich or something.... And, if these people on these shows actually always had money then eventually they'll decide they don't need reality fame..... No reality people = zilch money for network

And, Caroline Stanbury will always be most favorite character..... I like that Marissa appear to stand up for herself more..... I love that Julie M seems "down to earth"..... I can never really like Juliet from the first season, especially, since she seemed to "brag" that she used to "party" with "Lindsay Lohan"...... Really, is that something to be proud of dear? Get your head checked..... But, I do like some of her clothes + her friendship with Caroline S.....

Edited by OrientalAmish

Do we know that the infamous Thanksgiving dinners were going to be on the actual date? Because why in the world was Caroline hosting a cocktail on a seemingly random Wednesday night, in her "country" house (forgive me, I only watched intermittently, didn't she say the house was far from London?)?

I'm guessing the competing dinners were on Saturday or Sunday.

Ok, so Juliette wil be eating her Birthday/Thanksgiving dinner at Caroline's house, but it will all be from a catering service!! At least Marissa was doing the cooking in her own kitchen! Marissa looks like an alien in her talking heads! Poor Julie!! I just read about how sick her husband has been for many years! He has a chronic debilitating illness, supposedly from long term antidepressant and benzodiazepine use, followed by withdrawing too quickly. He ended up suing one of his doctors.

I don't blame Juliette for not wanting to spend her birthday at Marissa's restaurant surrounded by Marissa's friends and family. I know Juliette does not have many friends and family around and I think it would feel even lonelier having to be around another person's party. 

Finally watched this to get some perspective on E02. 

Julie M. really was not featured much last season, was she?  We saw a lunch at her estate but other than that, I do not have much of an impression of her.  I'm happy that she seems to be more involved this season.  I'm guessing that with her aristocratic children, either they live in a small house in London so the kids can be with them and go to local schools, or they ship the kids off to boarding schools.  I think their present situation would be difficult, what with her husband being away for four days a week, but I like that Julie seems to be very hands-on.

So Juliet's husband changed jobs and they downsized.  Interesting.  I think that might account for some of the tears.  She must feel even more isolated being in a different part of town and even further away from the friends that she did have, plus her husband is traveling a great deal.  Transition is hard, so I'll give her a pass for a few things. 

Caroline remains my favorite.  I found some of her comments about the US and Americans in general last season to be somewhat offensive and rude, but she hasn't been bad so far.  I enjoy snark but not blunt put-downs.  Perhaps some business struggles have humbled her? 

Marissa still bugs.  I don't know what it is.  Maybe it's the cheerleader Tracy Flick thing that she seems to always have going?  She does need to have things be her way.  However that said...

RE: the Thanksgiving nightmare--I mean, what exactly did Juliet want to happen?  She wanted someone (not her, presumably) to make the homecooked meal at their house.  Okay, well, beggars can't be choosers.  Marissa was at least cooking the meal in her kitchen and transporting it to a private dining room.  I think it was actually wrong on Caroline's part to offer to host a competing event since I'm guessing she herself had already been invited to Marissa's.  Plus, it's not like Caroline would be cooking the meal.  Juliet was not thinking clearly or something.  Marissa annoys me but she did at least offer to get a birthday cake. The whole thing was strange and illogical and was possibly producer-driven. 

Personally I find all of the ladies (except Marissa) to be fascinating and I'm enjoying seeing more of their lives. 

I guess the new Caroline is a Danish Baroness, so that actually puts her ahead of the others in the society pecking order, too.

I have actually read in places that Caroline gave up her title to marry her first husband. I don't know if that's true or not, just what I've seen.

Oh, and Caroline definitely said the "blonder and thinner" comment about Marissa.  Marissa didn't say anything and in fact barely flinched because, well, it's Caroline and Marissa won't dare challenge her.  She will kiss her ass and agree with her.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 2

My favorite moment came when Caroline was having her makeup done and said someone was a control freak and the makeup artist replied something to the effect that there was the problem--they were so much alike.  LOL 

And good for him for standing his ground on that opinion.  I loved Caroline's shock at hearing she shared that flaw with the person she was bitching about.  (After that, I was surprised to see the makeup guy mingling at the party with the "23 important women" guests.)

I'm totally Team Marissa on the Thanksgiving dilemma.  If this weren't all total bullshit, Juliet could have participated in the "homey" bonhomie that she claimed to crave right there in Marissa's kitchen--standing around with a glass of wine while smelling the turkey cooking, snagging olives off the relish tray, maybe being asked to chop up some celery.  So what if you have to walk a few feet to another building for the sit-down portion?

Instead she chose to have her Thanksgiving meal cooked and served to her by professionals--because it was in an honest-to-God home dining room?  Ridiculous.

• Love 5