Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Tamar Braxton: Dancing All The Way Home

• Start Topic

Well I still went to facebook and voted for her. Who knows?  The show can do one of two things, they can Kim Zwolak her or they can Melissa Rycroft her.  If they Kim her she's toast, if they Rycroft her she can dance next time.  I fought vigourously for Kim NOT to be kicked off, because not only for Kim's sake, but for dancers later in the competition that go further but get injured or sick and can't dance.  But having this current situation of Kim being  kicked off, I doubt Tamar can come back. 

Why would they make them do a contemporary to that song??? That comparison is gonna be harsh.

I saw it on all access,  Val tweeted to go there and I did.  It was breath taking.  And that was just before she collapsed. They gave her shit scores, but they don't have any love for her anyway.  Never did. Unlike the favorites, she's had to fight for every score.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 2

I saw it on all access,  Val tweeted to go there and I did.  It was breath taking.  And that was just before she collapsed. They gave her shit scores, but they don't have any love for her anyway.  Never did. Unlike the favorites, she's had to fight for every score.

Oh crap I thought they were gonna show the dance from dress rehearsal on the show? Omg that actually sucks that they're not dong that.

ETA: oh wait sorry I think I misunderstood you. I don't know what's going on.

Edited by ocelot

The show can do one of two things, they can Kim Zwolak her or they can Melissa Rycroft her.  If they Kim her she's toast, if they Rycroft her she can dance next time.

Not to beat a dead horse, but those were two completely different situations. Anyway, they had rehearsal footage for her (they didn't for Kim, remember, she wasn't even in the state on performance night), so they can give her the same liberties afforded to Melissa Rycroft and Steve-O (and at least one other person I can't remember right now).

I do think it's unfair for her (and Nick) to be whisked away into costume/makeup and to dance live 2 minutes after getting back to the set from the ER. I don't think she'll be in the best headspace for that ... I know I wouldn't.

Also, did they get a dress rehearsal? That could be bad for both of them, too.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 1

So she's back. Wow.  Unbelievable.

Oh crap I thought they were gonna show the dance from dress rehearsal on the show? Omg that actually sucks that they're not dong that.

ETA: oh wait sorry I think I misunderstood you. I don't know what's going on.

Yeah, I think it was dress rehearsal they scored.

• Love 2

Well I just watched back what Tom said, and yep, they would have kicked Tamar and Val off  if she didn't come back to dance. Muther Fuckers. The black girl has to be on her death bed it seems before they would give her the Rycroft treatment,  I hope she gets a lot of votes because the judges have her in the bottom with Alex, mr warmth..

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 2

Well I just watched back what Tom said, and yep, they would have kicked Tamar and Val off if she didn't come back to dance. Muther Fuckers. I hope she gets a lot of votes.

They didn't have a "show stopper" dance to score since there was no dress rehearsal of that dance (she left before that dance). Since she wasn't there to dance and there was nothing to score, she would have been eliminated rightfully so.

• Love 2

I hope she gets a lot of votes because the judges have her in the bottom with Alex, mr warmth..

I'm sure she'll be fine next week. She'll get tons of "such a strong woman for coming back" sympathy votes, no doubt.

They didn't have a "show stopper" dance to score since there was no dress rehearsal of that dance (she left before that dance). Since she wasn't there to dance and there was nothing to score, she would have been eliminated rightfully so.

And what a shame she wasn't.

I hope she goes next week.

Edited by smiley13

I don't think I could move having pneumonia, let alone dance.  So I don't think it's sympathy, it's admiration.

I think it's ill-advised stupidity, but to each their own. If Tamar wants to dance, let her dance. I just hope the legal team had her sign a waiver or something just in case she does pass out on stage.

Except those extra points were highly reported as immunity for week 9.  So there's that.

No, Nick and Sharna got immunity from elimination last week, plus a three point bonus for their scores. (Winners from the dance-off got an extra two points for their scores ... which all factors into eliminations for this week.)

No Its NOT always been the rule. SEASON 8 Melissa Rycroft got a 25 for NOT dancing. And yeah, a pro would have stepped in just like Lacey Schwimmer stepped in for Melissa Rycroft.

Maybe they had to update the rules to keep DWTS classified as a TV competition? Networks are oddly specific about what classifies as a competition. So they made it a "you don't dance your routine on the stage for dress/camera blocking you're eliminated" scenario. End of story.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 1

We don't know how the rules have changed in 12 seasons.  TPTB also seemed to imply when Kim Z got sick that sickness & injury on set had two different sets of rules.  Protection from injuries may be written into the contract where illnesses aren't.

Also, the mere fact that this happened in the exact same season as Kim Z's issue meant that the lawyers had to be extremely careful.  I know there was talk right when Kim was eliminated of her possibly suing over breach of contract, but that talk has quieted especially since her heart surgery.  It's very possible the lawyers had to force the show to forever embrace that rule change in case of a lawsuit.

We'll only know going forward if they were trying to throw shade on Tamar or it's an actual rule that's going to stick.

I agree with the pneumonia thing, however. When I went through a bout of walking pneumonia, I couldn't stand at the sink and wash dishes for more than two minutes without needing a four hour nap. Doesn't pneumonia spread, though? Is it really that smart to come back and possibly infect those around her? 

I hadn't actually thought of this until you mentioned it. According to WebMD, yes, some forms of pneumonia are contagious.

If it's "walking pneumonia", (only my guess since she's functional and not hospitalized) it's spread by coughs and sneezes.

http://www.webmd.com/lung/walking-pneumonia

I hadn't actually thought of this until you mentioned it. According to WebMD, yes, some forms of pneumonia are contagious.

If it's "walking pneumonia", (only my guess since she's functional and not hospitalized) it's spread by coughs and sneezes.

http://www.webmd.com/lung/walking-pneumonia

Ha! I knew it! Now I have something to hold over Mr. Callaphera's head for that Summer of Suck. I was cringing at the end of their dance when she and Sharna were exchanging cheek pecks/talking very closely and Tamar started coughing at one point during the scoring. 

I predict next week Val will have to choreograph a routine where they have to dance as a doctor and nurse with masks on. Bonus points if they can score Weird Al's "Like a Surgeon" song. 

I am curious to know what they have next and if Tamar is well enough to continue.  Hopefully she is, and I also hope they get to do Wicked Games at some point because it looked like a really mature evocative dance and something worth seeing. 

It would be sad if she can't continue, but she's a mother and needs to put her health first. I'm not sure how she is going to practice this week, but she seems to be a trooper. I do think her showing up and dancing is going to get her a lot of votes. This might have been the push she needs to get in the finals.

For some reason, I thought Tamar and Nick were the same age. Wishing a speedy recovery to her.

News/ Val Chmerkovskiy Has a Special Message for Tamar Braxton After Dancing With the Stars Drama

http://www.eonline.com/news/714420/val-chmerkovskiy-has-a-special-message-for-tamar-braxton-after-dancing-with-the-stars-drama

Nick Carter Talks Tamar Braxton's DWTS Return After Hospitalization: "She Was Unstable"

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/nick-carter-talks-tamar-braxtons-dwts-recovery-she-was-unstable-20151011

1447154083_braxton-article.jpg

Edited by Brownie

I doubt the producers of the show would allow her to dance with everyone else if she really was contagious.

I enjoyed her dancing before, and admire her for coming back. She wants to win that trophy badly.

• Love 2

I doubt the producers of the show would allow her to dance with everyone else if she really was contagious.

I enjoyed her dancing before, and admire her for coming back. She wants to win that trophy badly.

According to a story in People, Derek had strep this past week. Strep is highly contagious until you've been on antibiotics for a period of time.  Not treated, it can have very serious problems.  I guess if you want to join DWTS, make sure your shots are up-to-date. It sounds like a petri dish.

• Love 2

According to a story in People, Derek had strep this past week. Strep is highly contagious until you've been on antibiotics for a period of time. Not treated, it can have very serious problems. I guess if you want to join DWTS, make sure your shots are up-to-date. It sounds like a petri dish.

Sharna mentioned in one of her post show interviews that the flu ran rampant through the cast the last couple weeks. Hit some harder than others.

I imagine between all the body contact and the exaustion the people with weaker immune systems get sick at the drop of a hat.

It didn't help matters that the show stupidly had people flying all over the place this last week for these duo dances.  Mind you that wasn't Tamar's whole problem as she was also flying for her own career, but it wasn't necessary to send people on a cruise or to NYC or to Vegas.

I've heard they have trios this week, but presuming Tamar dances this coming week, I'm guessing Val will use Artem?  I know Jenna is his go to for almost everything, but I think it would be stupid to have Tamar dance with another female pro.

I've heard they have trios this week, but presuming Tamar dances this coming week, I'm guessing Val will use Artem?  I know Jenna is his go to for almost everything, but I think it would be stupid to have Tamar dance with another female pro.

He can go a lot of different ways with the trio. I heard another couple is using Peta. 

He's used Keo before, so he could go the Keo/Allan route since those 3 seem to have formed a DWTS tour bond. He could very well use Tony. 

He's worked with Anna a lot, and Anna gave great advice to Zendaya during the Argentine Tango. Anna's a great performer and could give the advice Tamar needs to improve. Emma and Val also seem to be close.

Looks like Tamar is out. It was much more dangerous than pneumonia, it seems it was a pulmonary embolism on both sides of her lungs. This is the same thing that happened to her husband Vince and more than likely due to the same cause. It really as made me acutely aware of how much I travel. (I don't travel that much, but the awareness stands.) I watch Braxton Family Values, Tamar & Vince, The Real and, of course, purchase her music, so I'm pretty disappointed; however, my heart would be heavier and more fearful if she continued to dance in this condition.

• Love 4

Hope she gets better and gets the rest and medical attention she needs, but I hope they bring Alexa back. Kind of unfair when Tamar should've left Monday and let Alexa, someone healthy enough to compete stay, but now we lose 2 great dancers, that's not fair to Alexa, IMO.

• Love 1

Hope she gets better and gets the rest and medical attention she needs, but I hope they bring Alexa back. Kind of unfair when Tamar should've left Monday and let Alexa, someone healthy enough to compete stay, but now we lose 2 great dancers, that's not fair to Alexa, IMO.

Alexa getting eliminated was fair game...it all came down to the scores/votes, wether they let her come back or not...who's to say she won't get booted the week following, which would be embarrassing. Edited by Bam1990
  • Love 2

Alexa getting eliminated was fair game...it all came down to the scores/votes, wether they let her come back or not...who's to say she won't get booted the week following, which would be embarrassing.

Because if Tamar just left the competition on Monday, there would've been no elimination and Alexa would still be there, but Tamar didn't and just withdrew the next day. If I were Alexa I'd be kinda pissed about that.

In the past, in season 3, when Sara Evans quit right after Willa Ford was cut, Willa did say in an interview that ABC asked her to come back but she declined.

How is this different?

• Love 1

Alexa getting eliminated was fair game...it all came down to the scores/votes, wether they let her come back or not...who's to say she won't get booted the week following, which would be embarrassing.

In my view...anyway you slice it Alexa didn't have the votes.  If Tamar withdrew on Monday...Alexa could have been going home the following week anyway.  The fact that Alexa was in jeopardy multiple times tells me she didn't have the votes all season long....to get to the end anyway.  Tamar probably saved Carlos or Alek an extra week.

• Love 2

Yikes, pulmonary embolisms scare the crap out of me because I had a co-worker who dropped dead in the office from an embolism. I'm glad Tamar is getting treatment, and I'm even more glad that she made it through the dance without something terrible happening.

• Love 4

Ah damn. I agree with both the fact that Alexa didn't have the votes this week, so it wasn't necessarily "unfair" that she went home, AND with the fact that it would be great if they let her come back. The challenging part of that is, well, no one would have voted for her, because she was eliminated, so she DEFINITELY doesn't have the votes for next week. 

I wish the best for Tamar, that's really scary. It also makes watching that duo dance even more uncomfortable. They dodged a bullet of something really terrible happening by her leaving against doctors orders. 

• Love 5

Alexa had perfect scores and her very best night of dancing which may have garnered her enough votes to escape elimination next week. It is too bad for Alexa that Tamar didn't withdraw sooner. Timing is everything and Tamar really messed this up for Alexa. I would have loved to see Alexa dance one more week, if not more.

Healing wishes to Tamar.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 1

It's all just sad and unfortunate...and she's has blood clots by her lungs smh, Jesus. I would've loved to see her continue if this didn't happen. Hope she feels better & pull completely through.

Edited by Bam1990
  • Love 3

I mean yeah it sucks for Alexa and her fans but I don't think Tamar deliberately sought to screw her over. I really think her determination to come back for the last dance was because it was a team dance of sorts and she didn't want to let Nick down. Yes, I know that per rumors if she hadn't shown up, I believe Jenna would have stepped in for the performance so Nick could still get his own points and frankly it probably would have been danced a lot better with a healthy Jenna. But I still understood Tamar's thinking even if yes, it was unwise and yes, I am the first to say this stupid show is not worth risking your health over. I just think it's a little harsh to make it seem like she deliberately screwed Alexa over. I just think it's an unfortunate situation all around. 

• Love 10

When is this show ever fair.

IMO, Alexa losing the chance to dance for another week, or two, or three is insignificant compared to Tamar having a life threatening medical issue. Of course YMMV.

I was recently diagnosed with Blood clots (DVT). Six day hospital stay. This is a serious, potentially life threatening condition.

My sympathies are all with Tamar.

Edited by gohawks
  • Love 6

Scary.

Wishing Tamar the very best. I enjoyed many of her dances. The woman certainly had talent. She's a hard worker and has a killer work ethic, but I do hope she'll slow down when she's back on her feet.

• Love 4

If this is he same thing her husband Vince had, it's strangely coincidental. Does anyone know the cause? It's extremely serious and I'm shocked she was able to dance at all on Monday. I like Tamar and I'm sorry she had a less than positive experience on the show. I was hoping for a different ending for her.

The finals will definitely suffer with her absence. In spite of the connection issues with Val, it was obvious to me that she is a gifted dancer and I always look forward to what Val creates with his partners. I agree that her last dance was her best connection with Val where she seemed most free.

Wishing all the best for her health and her future.

• Love 2

I am really sad to hear this.  These blood clots are extremely dangerous.  My prayers for Tamar and her family.  My mom had this same thing a couple of years ago.  Thank God she is ok now.  For the most part she felt fine.  Until the pounding heartbeat started.  This of course after the clot was in her lung.    Blood clots are dangerous because there are either no symptoms or the symptoms are confused for something else.  Obviously Tamar was sick.  I bet she thought it was something else.

I am sure that Tamar thought she could go on, that is why she came back.  It is possible that she was not informed about the blood clots until later in the evening or the next day.  She might have left the hospital before the test results were back believing that she had some kind of cold.

In any case I am certain that she was not trying to cost Alexa anything.  I am not sure how an extra week to dance compares to having a life threatening illness.  Blood clots in the lung are no joke. 

• Love 3

Do you know what caused the pulmonary embolism?

It can be caused by clots in the legs traveling to the lungs. Clots in the legs can be caused by inactivity and they caution people about it when they fly (because people tend to sit on the plane and not move around). Recently we had a Miami Heat player (Chris Bosh) was diagnosed with pulmonary embolisms and obviously a pro athlete is pretty healthy and in shape. It could be that Tamar had both pneumonia AND blood clots (pneumonia is caused by germs). It sucks for Tamar but I pray for her and hope she's okay. This is way bigger than a dance show. 

• Love 6

I disagree that she screwed things up for Alexa. For one thing, I am sure she kept expecting her pneumonia to start getting better at some point so she was trying to power through this week in hopes she'd be in better shape for next week. She had no idea it was more serious at the time she returned to the show Monday night. For another thing, I think she was truly concerned about messing things up for Nick. Everything seemed to happen so quickly Monday night that she could not have known that they might have come up with an alternate plan for a troupe member or other pro to dance with Nick so he wouldn't be screwed. Yes, it sucks for Alexa but I don't think any of it is Tamar's fault. 

• Love 5

Stupid idiot greedy all apply to Tamar.  Why did she insist on coming back when she was feeling so sick.  Why not give somebody else a chance to stay a week longer instead of being such a stupid idiot.

No I don't feel sorry for her.  Karma is hell! 

• Love 1

That's an awful thing to say. It's not like she cheated her out of an opportunity of a lifetime event. It's just a dance show. If Alex was voted off would this have been more fair, in your opinion? I like Alexa too and I'm not glad we are losing two good female dancers and left with mediocre males but perspective is important here. It's someone's health at stake.

Edited by skyways
  • Love 17

Stupid idiot greedy all apply to Tamar.  Why did she insist on coming back when she was feeling so sick.  Why not give somebody else a chance to stay a week longer instead of being such a stupid idiot.

No I don't feel sorry for her.  Karma is hell! 

That's awfully hateful of you.

• Love 7

Best wishes for Tamar's recovery! That's just awful and scary news!

She probably shouldn't have danced on Monday but I understand why she did. She felt responsibility towards Nick and Val and still thought it was a less serious illness and she could "tough it out". She didn't want to let anybody down, it certainly wasn't about "screwing Alexa over".

This season as a whole has been a mismanaged catastrophe, though, and this is just the next example of that. Shouldn't have someone from the show interfered? She looked ready to keel over on Monday, it was very uncomfortable and scary to watch. She could barely breath and stand.

• Love 6