Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Tamar Braxton: Dancing All The Way Home

• Start Topic

Well, I hope Tamar never has to hear some of the things that are being said about her in this thread. It's a reality dance show. I guarantee she didn't sign up to get critiqued on her vernacular, business sense, or instinct regarding illnesses. 

It's gonna be okay. It's just a show. 

ETA: What's a stup?

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 10

Well, I hope Tamar never has to hear some of the things that are being said about her in this thread. It's a reality dance show. I guarantee she didn't sign up to get critiqued on her vernacular, business sense, or instinct regarding illnesses. 

It's gonna be okay. It's just a show. 

ETA: What's a stup?

I can guarantee you it's way worse on IG and Twitter. 

Even though if I'm being honest I never thought I'd read these kind of comments on this message board. A bit disappointing. 

• Love 10

I can guarantee you it's way worse on IG and Twitter. 

Even though if I'm being honest I never thought I'd read these kind of comments on this message board. A bit disappointing. 

Unfortunately I wasn't surprised.  The vitriol has been incredibly sad.

• Love 1

After years of following this show, I promise you it's not new. Vitriolic comments have been made for years. Different people are disparaged in different seasons, and some Pros have been disparaged over and over again every season. It does seem ridiculous to hate someone over a silly dance show, but it has been happening for a long time.

• Love 1

After years of following this show, I promise you it's not new. Vitriolic comments have been made for years. Different people are disparaged in different seasons, and some Pros have been disparaged over and over again every season. It does seem ridiculous to hate someone over a silly dance show, but it has been happening for a long time.

One need only say the words Kate Gosselin to understand how deep it can go lol. 

But, in words I'm not sure I can properly articulate in sae, I'll say that this feels different (speaking for myself).   Like some people are trying really hard not to call her names other than stupid or untalented or broke.  Now either I stumbled into a Trump 2016 rally by accident or shit has taken a real turn.  Again, to be clear, it's not the opinions themselves, more like the (negative) passion with which they're being expressed for this particular woman. 

ugh.  eta because their and they're mean two different things.

• Love 8

Hearing you loud and clear.  We know what that is,  Normally I would name it and shame it, but it would take the discussion in a whole new territory.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 4

IMO, the vitriol is more extreme for some than others. It was approaching Bristol Palin levels with Tamar.

One need only say the words Kate Gosselin to understand how deep it can go lol.

IMO nothing expressed about Tamar even begins to approach the nightmare of BP's S11. The viciousness was beyond anything I've ever seen - and most of it wasn't even targeted at BP herself.   Kate's problem was that she had such a bad attitude and crappy demeanor that people just wanted her to go back home to her kids and get off DWTS.

With Tamar, with a couple of exceptions, most of what I've seen here on this board is critique of her performance while noting her generally excellent talent.  She's a lady with a whole lot of potential who just didn't have the time (or allot the time) to let us discover her full talent.  Most of the criticisms, including my own, were about her lack of facial expression, her lack of emoting.  Some, myself included, also found it hard to warm up to her.  That IMO is not "hating on her" and that is not "vitriol".  That's simply critiquing dances and expressing preferences, as we do on this board.   I don't know what's going on with her twitter or instagram - I don't follow her on either.  But IMO there's a big difference between "critiquing" and expressing opinions and "hating".

• Love 1

We tend to notice cruel comments about the people we're more invested in. I've seen some pretty terrible things said about Tamar, Kate, Bristol, Mark and others. Some of the things I've seen written about Derek Hough in some places would make your skin crawl, including death threats. Repeating someone's words said earlier in this thread, it's ridiculous to hate over a silly television show. But hatred is almost a mild word to use to describe what I've seen written about him.

Why people feel these kinds of things to such a degree is a matter most likely understood better by psychologists.

• Love 5

Hmmm.  None of these compare to what Tamar and women like Tamar have endured,  for centuries. That silly tv show is a microcosm of American society and it was especially ugly after Tamar withdrew.  

Edited by Andie1

We tend to notice cruel comments about the people we're more invested in. I've seen some pretty terrible things said about Tamar, Kate, Bristol, Mark and others. Some of the things I've seen written about Derek Hough in some places would make your skin crawl, including death threats. Repeating someone's words said earlier in this thread, it's ridiculous to hate over a silly television show. But hatred is almost a mild word to use to describe what I've seen written about him.

Why people feel these kinds of things to such a degree is a matter most likely understood better by psychologists.

Poor Bristol was treated worse than I have ever seen anyone treated.  Kate Gosselin does not count because she warranted whatever she got.

I actually thought they did her a disservice tonight. Replaying all the emergency footage again made me really sad for her. They should have made a video tribute package for her like they did for the remaining four, played it first, and then talked about how she withdrew for medical reasons. Also, Val didn't seem to rally for her much while he was talking to Tom. He put his Sad Panda face on, talked about how all the stress of flying caused this and touched very briefly on how much this meant to her.

I felt bad for Tamar tonight. I hope she recovers 100%.

• Love 2

I actually thought they did her a disservice tonight. Replaying all the emergency footage again made me really sad for her. They should have made a video tribute package for her like they did for the remaining four, played it first, and then talked about how she withdrew for medical reasons. Also, Val didn't seem to rally for her much while he was talking to Tom. He put his Sad Panda face on, talked about how all the stress of flying caused this and touched very briefly on how much this meant to her.

I felt bad for Tamar tonight. I hope she recovers 100%.

From the beginning they treated her like this upstart--how dare she try to rank above her place let alone go for the win?

I'm so disinterested now because whoever wins didn't outdance or outvote her. Seemed she could have pulled off a huge upset since she had the votes and the talent, just not the time.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 4

I agree. I was shocked in a good way that she actually had a major fanbase. The way the talk was on message boards and twitter and IG is she was going down since week 1, and "poor Val." The illogical conclusion that she must give up her spot for Alexa boggled the mind. No worries about her health, just get Alexa back! Facebook is riddled with Alexa "bring her back" messages and Tamar is nothing but a selfish bitch....(Never mind that Tamar already gave up a bogus dance off :) and continued to take the lower scores.  Of course, I should have accounted for the meanness towards her had nothing to do with her dancing and everything to do with her not knowing her "place"... Don't dare be so uppity Ms Braxton, or we'll dig into your finances and your decision making and your life. There's gotta be some dirt there.  And if there isn't we'll just make shit up. If the show attempted to repair some of this ill will towards her, then all I can say is  where the hell were you when you continued to demonize this woman and replay an inoculous statement that got certain fans all screaming with pitchforks?  Tamar is just not the right type to go off making these kind of statements, she's not a Rumer Willis who can just say "I have no competition" and get away with it.

What on earth could be the difference? Oh yeah.  The show didn't help. Get well Tamar, you are a force to be admired.

I threw some votes to Nick on FB but I didn't watch the show.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 3

The new season of Tamar & Vince, 1 of Tamar's reality shows, will premiere on December 10th at 9PM Eastern/8PM Central on We TV.

I've seen a bunch of promos & it looks as if they're gonna get into her being on DWTS & getting so sick during it, possibly because she physically overextended herself with all her other professional commitments, right from the opening episode.

They use wording in the promo that alludes to her becoming sick & there's a shot of an ambulance with siren blaring, implying Tamar's in it, at the end of the promo (I watch a Law & Order "Binge-A-Thon" on the same channel 3 nights a week & have seen the promos that way).

Edited by BW Manilowe

Tamar was nominated for a Grammy today! Best R&B Performance for "If I Don't Have You"! It's a very competitive category this year seeing as she's up against the Weeknd, but its his weaker "Earned It" so fingers crossed for her!

Congrats to Tamar.

"If I Don't Have You" - I assume this is different from the Witney Houston song?

I don't think Whitney Houston had a song titled "If I Don't Have You." Are you referring to "I Have Nothing"? Either way I'm sure it's a different song. Good for Tamar, she may not be Rihanna or Beyonce levels of successful but she has done well for herself in the R&B genre. 

I don't think Whitney Houston had a song titled "If I Don't Have You." Are you referring to "I Have Nothing"? Either way I'm sure it's a different song. Good for Tamar, she may not be Rihanna or Beyonce levels of successful but she has done well for herself in the R&B genre. 

Oh yes, that's it. I was thinking of the line in the song "I Have Nothing".