Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Off The Radar

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

She said when he was on his drunken rampages that he "tried" to break into their bedrooms but it sounds like her mother was able to protect them from him and also that her mom tried to protect them from a lot of the stuff he did. All she really said is that he abused drugs and alcohol and she hadn't spoken to him in 12 years. And that she felt she had to be the father figure for her brother.

She said when he was on his drunken rampages that he "tried" to break into their bedrooms but it sounds like her mother was able to protect them from him and also that her mom tried to protect them from a lot of the stuff he did. All she really said is that he abused drugs and alcohol and she hadn't spoken to him in 12 years. And that she felt she had to be the father figure for her brother.

Admittedly I zone out a lot during this show but the only thing I remember her saying is that she felt the need to be a supportive adult figure in her younger brothers life.

Yes, and I'm sorry about all that but I watch Below Deck because it's fun. The shitty reality of life belongs on Dr. Phil. I really don't want to know about Connie and her sad story when I'm trying to enjoy a damn Bravo show about a Superyaght in the Bahamas!

• Love 2

Yes, and I'm sorry about all that but I watch Below Deck because it's fun. The shitty reality of life belongs on Dr. Phil. I really don't want to know about Connie and her sad story when I'm trying to enjoy a damn Bravo show about a Superyaght in the Bahamas!

I agree. Sounds like Emile had some family problems too but he hasn't gone into detail about it. This show is supposed to be light, to see how yachts work, I don't really care to know about these peoples' personal lives.

• Love 1

I'm shocked that no one has posted the best part of this entire episode, possibly the entire show:

captlee.jpg

I really don't see how the show can top this moment, so perhaps they should just end it now.  ;)

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I'm with Kate in thinking the tip was a little short.  The crew provided ALL of the entertainment, how many drinks did they pour?  How late were the guests up (all night).  It also seemed like the charter was longer than their usual charters.  The main guest was completely drunk 90% of the time so perhaps he has a foggy memory on how above and beyond the crew were?

• Love 1

How long was the charter because I think it was only 2 days, in which I think the tip was fine.

I thought Leon was an idiot, serving spaghetti when the guests specifically asked for Mexican. I don't blame Kate for not liking him. I think he's a bit of a dick.

Don is a super dick. He was hired to do both jobs so do both jobs. Lame.

Crazy girl is crazy. I can't wait for her to go as well. Did she think she was hired to just swim and stuff? Again, do your jobs, already!

I cannot stand how that guest was constantly drunk. Just gross.

I don't know how Amy does it. She is very professional when she has to discourage drunk male guests from pawing at her. Last season, I remember a crew remember having an issue with a guest who kept saying she had great breasts. So rude.

That was season 1, and it was Kat being harassed by a guest who kept asking about her breast implants and wanted to see her take out a flashlight.

They need to get those cute southern ladies from first season to return but I'm sure they'd be bummed with the pickings' (no Andrew).

That was season 2, not season 1. I did like them, though. As for the pickings, I do think Emile is probably the prettiest guy I've seen on this show (from a purely physical standpoint), although Eddie remains the hottest guy to me due to his personality.

I did feel bad for Connie as she was watching Emile and Rocky flirt with each other. That kind of seemed real to me. I also understood Connie's feeling all too well- I have a father I have zero relationship with, and I don't think I'd feel bad if he died. That's not an easy thing to know and even admit to.

• Love 1